• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanus

Smash Hero
Almost done porting to SA.

Also means that future updates will not require delay between NTSC, PAL, and JPN :)

weinzey

Smash Apprentice
Also means that future updates will not require delay between NTSC, PAL, and JPN :)
that would be great. has anybody tested project sa with pal? cause motion.pacs dont work properly with file replacement 2.1a' (animation sound goes missin). and they also use the fitcharacter.pac, so i dont know which file is the problem.

D

Deleted member

that means I need to fond a way to get the file replacement working for me for once. kind of lame that not a single version seems to work (and I also need to use snapshots for no appereant reason).

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Does that mean that you are no longer using the new engine that Almas has been working on?
If I remember correctly (and wait till a WBR member comfirms/deconfirms it before you take it as 100% truth, cause I'm just going off vague memory here), SA either cannot do frame speed modifications or no one has figured out how to do that via SA yet, so Almas' new engine is still needed to fix frame speed limit problems, so they'll probably still end up using it.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
JCz: did you read my post a while back about GeckoOS 1.9.2 being open-source? It should be possible to make a Brawl+ mod of it that includes an automatic updater that changes the private file to private1 and loads up an official private folder, as well as overwriting the gct in codes.

All you'd have to do is run that every time a Wii is booted up, and place stickers over the sd card slots so nobody can hot-swap their altered sd card in.
If someone could do that, that would be amazing.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
But honestly dude, LANDING it is silly without the range. There should be a 1:1 ratio of KB and range.

Honestly, I am completely fine with the range buff (actually possible to land it)
But KO power isn't that useful alone. Ness has alot of KO potential. The range on the bat is awesome!
Kirby can duck it. And range increase doesn't help its speed. You still land it by using PK Fire to trap or dtilt to trip stutter stepping it. But the current one is liked more..

D

Deleted member

Okay, so .pac files are inevitable?

If so, could we please try (I have no Windows computer) and give a Quick Draw taunt to Ike? He taunts once and looks like he's charging QD? (briefly, obviously you can't hold a taunt down..or can you?)

Remember the whole fake-out thing I was promoting? Wouldn't this be a way to do it?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I want roy with the latest nightly build. I have most of the codes, except for the jump/grav values. What are the jump and grav values for marth in the jump/grav code so I can replace them?

And does anyone by chance know the jump/grav values for Roy? (for brawl+ setup)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
JCz: did you read my post a while back about GeckoOS 1.9.2 being open-source? It should be possible to make a Brawl+ mod of it that includes an automatic updater that changes the private file to private1 and loads up an official private folder, as well as overwriting the gct in codes.

All you'd have to do is run that every time a Wii is booted up, and place stickers over the sd card slots so nobody can hot-swap their altered sd card in.
that would require wireless internet at the tournament venue, which isn't always available.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Something else? Sure, here's an idea

Give Lucario's Extremespeed a hitbox, and remove the Auto Sweetspot (I'm assuming PSA can remove auto sweetspot, though I don't know :x)
what part of 'we can't take away the auto sweetspotting' don't you understand?
what part of 'PSA' don't you understand?

like i said, i haven't looked at it, but the info has to be on his character somewhere. then you can edit it.

if it's not on his character, then sorry. :x

write protected means you can't edit it in the RAM, if you're directly editing lucario's file then it should be possible.

that's what I thought it meant anyway, if I'm wrong, please tell me.
You're both wrong.

It doesn't matter whether or not lucario's upB is "write-protected" or not. Certainly, we can edit just about anything with PSA, whereas we could only edit specific things with codes. But, simply due to the way lucario's upB works, it doesn't matter if his "auto-sweetspot" functionality was removed, as he could still sweetspot from any angle and any applicable distance, by simply moving the control stick toward the ledge at the very last moment, negating upwards velocity and causing an instantaneous sweetspot. For low level play, this would make a difference in punishability due to players not being aware of how to sweetspot it, but in mid and high level play, it will result in absolutely no change in the punishability of lucario's upB.

Ness and lucas stuff
Screw you. This thread does not exist for the purpose of debating whether ness or lucas are better, two completely different characters. If you think one of them is below the curve and needs help, fine. But this is a completely and utterly pointless debate that isn't going to get anyone anywhere.

ugh.

lemme dump my opinion here.

1) PSA allows for a lot more options than codes would ever be able to do.

2) changing characters is a lot more convinient. everybody is able to work with it, which in the long run will make sure that we reach a higher quality.

3) dumping a couple .pac files on your SD card ISN'T hard. people already use a lot of textures, custom music etc.

4) some things currently still have to be in the .gct file, like frame speed, reason being that we haven't found out how PSA can do that.

5) I have less coding to do, meaning I can spend my time better, with IE actually playing B+

also, whoever thinks we are gonna go overkill and change everybody, we won't. we will make changes like we have been doing, while PSA offers us those little extra option where we need them

@MK26 CAM is fully transferrable to PSA.
However, it does require players to specifically place each individual file in the appropriate folder, which takes time. It's not like updating a gct which just requires saving one file over another in one directory. There are up to 39 character files you would have to replace in addition to a GCT when updating brawl+, and if you use textures you couldn't simply replace the whole "fighter" folder, as then you'd be overwriting your textures. It is for this reason that I think the file replacement code needs to be rewritten to check a different folder for FitCharacter.pac files before checking the main pf folder, which would allow players to simply save one whole folder to their sd card without having to worry about textures or forgetting to replace a certain .pac file.

And still nothing from a WBRoomer regarding the "Â"...
It's known. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about it. Shanus hosts the files, and it doesn't show up on his computer.

Now about this pac business...

As a WBR member, I understand that PSA is so powerful that we can't pass up the opportunity to take advantage of it.

As a TO, this is a huge pain in my ***. With gcts, I could load up every Wii with my SD card and that's that, no possibility of cheating (unless someone is an expert hacker or something I guess). With pacs, because every Wii needs its own SD card, even the average joe can tweak their characters slightly to give them an advantage and it would be hard to detect. (and unlike some other WBR members, I believe that even minor cheating like this should be taken very seriously)

The TO buying a bunch of SD cards every tournament is not the solution. What I plan to do is bring my laptop and overwrite the gct/pac files on everyone's SD card and let them use their own. It would still be possible to swap SD cards when no one's looking to get your tweaked pacs, so if anyone is suspected of cheating, I'm going to take their SD card and match up the pac files to the official ones on my computer, and if they're different, that person will be DQed and banned from any future tournaments I run. Cheating should be taken very seriously in a situation like this. We need to nip it in the bud before it becomes a problem.

Another problem with this is that you can no longer just take out the SD card to remove custom textures. Some people really don't like playing with textures and I want to respect that.

Regardless, pac files are the future and we are going to have to find ways to work around the problems.
I completely agree with this. While it's unlikely that someone would even bother trying to cheat just given the way tournaments work, it's still possible that someone would do so and also possible that it would influence the final tournament results. Therefore, any form of cheating should be dealt with harsh penalties, and we should do everything in our power to prevent cheating.

I want roy with the latest nightly build. I have most of the codes, except for the jump/grav values. What are the jump and grav values for marth in the jump/grav code so I can replace them?

And does anyone by chance know the jump/grav values for Roy? (for brawl+ setup)
For replacing marth, just find the half-line (so 8 digits, not 16 like a full line) that starts with 11 and replace it with roy's data. It should be on the 7th 10th line of the code. As for roy's values, just look for marth's data on the roy text file, and copy it over,

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Couldn't there just be "fighter" folder on mediafire that you drag next to the existing one? That way it only replaces files that are already there. The only problem would be removing unwanted ones.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
that would require wireless internet at the tournament venue, which isn't always available.
Whether or not you know beforehand the status of your wireless internet connection, the TO should always have a copy of the important files. He can just change private to private1, download a new private to the sd, and overwrite the gct, all manually. It's just a last resort if the internet is out, and the stickers on the wii's sd slot, coupled with perma-banning from everything if you get caught, should be enough to deter just about all cheating. Of course, you can just make sure your venue has an internet connection...

You're both wrong.

It doesn't matter whether or not lucario's upB is "write-protected" or not. Certainly, we can edit just about anything with PSA, whereas we could only edit specific things with codes. But, simply due to the way lucario's upB works, it doesn't matter if his "auto-sweetspot" functionality was removed, as he could still sweetspot from any angle and any applicable distance, by simply moving the control stick toward the ledge at the very last moment, negating upwards velocity and causing an instantaneous sweetspot. For low level play, this would make a difference in punishability due to players not being aware of how to sweetspot it, but in mid and high level play, it will result in absolutely no change in the punishability of lucario's upB.
It will create a dilemma for Lucario mains on stages like Lylat, where they'd have to either go for the stage or risk getting edgeguarded and ending up under the stage.

We have new engines paired with Project SA.
Yay. Wait...engineS?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
We have a new frame speed engine thanks to Almas, and the current hitbox engine for any changes that can't be done in PSA (PT or D3 changes, or projectiles).

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Screw you. This thread does not exist for the purpose of debating whether ness or lucas are better, two completely different characters. If you think one of them is below the curve and needs help, fine. But this is a completely and utterly pointless debate that isn't going to get anyone anywhere.

Dude just ignore him. It's clear that Lucas is better than Ness. And it's clear that there isn't anything wrong with either character.

They aren't behind the curve in Brawl+ either.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Dude just ignore him. It's clear that Lucas is better than Ness. And it's clear that there isn't anything wrong with either character.

They aren't behind the curve in Brawl+ either.

Wow, way to reignite the flame war.

Anyways, any word on a new nightly? :bluejump:

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Oh you have got to be ******* kidding me.
Seriously, just leave at that. Lucas>Ness.

It's as simple as MK>Captain Falcon. Dear lord.
In. Your. Opinion.

Let's leave it at that, shall we? Now, I'm not getting into this bull**** with you. So just shut up about it ( I will too), and then it's all good.

K?

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
just a quick question:
why isn't pictochat frozen with level freezer? and why was deadlands taken out?

i'm sure the answer is in here somewhere, but i guess i'm just too lazy to look through 490 pages of text.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Picto is a legit cp as-is (but it's on 2/3rds speed to make it a bit more manageable), and deadlands was removed when bBrawl tried out a slowed-down mansion, which we decided we liked. It's on something like 2/9ths speed, where the mansion used to take approximately 20 seconds to respawn but now takes about a minute and a half.

EDIT: and the PT bug...

EDITEDIT: and we only need one deadlands.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
i'm just gonna say the whole thing got blown out of proportion and the whole point was that Lucas doesn't need a Z-air and it just got broke into how Ness could use something more than Lucas. He has better options. People don't have to be jerk offs about stuff. If it doesn't belong here then say "hey take that ish somewhere else" instead of "Screw you". At least try to make yourself sound somewhat intelligent. Either way its over and done with.

Lol "screw you" you should probably read over the whole argument before you make judgment because you both seem to be misplace on what i'm trying to say.

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
Picto is a legit cp as-is (but it's on 2/3rds speed to make it a bit more manageable), and deadlands was removed when bBrawl tried out a slowed-down mansion, which we decided we liked. It's on something like 2/9ths speed, where the mansion used to take approximately 20 seconds to respawn but now takes about a minute and a half.

EDIT: and the PT bug...

EDITEDIT: and we only need one deadlands.
okay i understand.

but what do you mean by you only needed one deadlands?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
yeah, they kind of are. any platform can be a place to avoid attacks or escape projectiles. you can only compare the two in the vaguest sense. deadlands is as similar to WWR as it is to FD. similar, but not the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom