• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
someone was talking about deadlands, and someone responded "We don't need a second deadlands." Do you have any idea what this might be?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I like the mansion. People are like, "YOU CAN COMBO LIKE A **** ON THE BOTTOM OF THE MANSION"

... My comment on that kind of thing is, "Tech, tech, tech, SDI, SDI, SDI, DI, DI, DI, all the way to 999%.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I like the mansion. People are like, "YOU CAN COMBO LIKE A **** ON THE BOTTOM OF THE MANSION"

... My comment on that kind of thing is, "Tech, tech, tech, SDI, SDI, SDI, DI, DI, DI, all the way to 999%.
thats my problem with the mansion. you can't die on the bottom part. however, i would be fine with a slowed down mansion if not for the ****ed up graphics when the mansion falls/rebuilds.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Deadlands was removed to restore Luigi's Manshion, IIRC. The PT bug isn't really a problem as changing the spawn points would fix that, IIRC, but I'm not 100% sure so don't take this as fact without confirming it.

I believe deadlands should come back though, with altered bounderies. Luigi's slowed down removes the aspect of deadlands that make it deadlands. The platforms are not in the middle of the stage when the manshion collapses.

:V

And Neko, I don't see the problem of adding a hitbox if it's necessary. I'm not saying Lucas' zair is necessary, just saying that we shouldn't limit ourself when making B+

That's the thing I'm having issues with.

"we shouldn't limit ourselves when making B+" is not good mentality for Brawl+ in the long run, at least imo, because there is ALWAYS such a thing as too far.

"Too much of anything is always a bad thing."

This applies to change as well. We can easily change too much and I want to avoid that. And to do such a thing, limits need to be established, even for Brawl+.

Point blank. No ands/ifs/buts about it. <_>

And I whole-heartidly agree about cheating. Even at the most micoscopic level, it should and hopefully WILL be taken extremely seriously.

When people hear, "He cheated only a little", those last 3 words dont matter at all. As soon as they register the first two, it becomes just as bad as if he cheated majorily.

It damages Brawl+ rep, gives TOs a pain in the ***, holds up tourneys, redcues numbers to Brawl+ tourneys, and possibly prevents people who want to go from going as the cheater could easily be the guy who drove 3-4 people there. <_>

I want to trust in the community, but common sense says there is always a bad seed in every community, no matter what, and Brawl+ is not exempt from that.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Deadlands was removed to restore Luigi's Manshion, IIRC. The PT bug isn't really a problem as changing the spawn points would fix that, IIRC, but I'm not 100% sure so don't take this as fact without confirming it.

I believe deadlands should come back though, with altered bounderies. Luigi's slowed down removes the aspect of deadlands that make it deadlands. The platforms are not in the middle of the stage when the manshion collapses.

:V

That's the thing I'm having issues with.

"we shouldn't limit ourselves when making B+" is not good mentality for Brawl+ in the long run, at least imo, because there is ALWAYS such a thing as too far.

This applies to change as well. We can easily change too much and I want to avoid that. And to do such a thing, limits need to be established, even for Brawl+.

Point blank. No ands/ifs/buts about it. <_>

And I whole-heartidly agree about cheating. Even at the most micoscopic level, it should and hopefully WILL be taken extremely seriously.

When people hear, "He cheated only a little", those last 3 words dont matter at all. As soon as they register the first two, it becomes just as bad as if he cheated majorily.

It damages Brawl+ rep, gives TOs a pain in the ***, holds up tourneys, redcues numbers to Brawl+ tourneys, and possibly prevents people who want to go from going as the cheater could easily be the guy who drove 3-4 people there. <_>

I want to trust in the community, but common sense says there is always a bad seed in every community, no matter what, and Brawl+ is not exempt from that.

I agree with everything in this.

God I love you GHNeko. (In a friendly sort of way.)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Wasn't it stated a while back that a code could be created to speed up the mansion rebirth animation when it comes back while keeping it slowed down?

And ROB's lases is ****** up on Green Greens. Takes way to long to barely charge. But I guess Green Greens isn't FD(taken seriously) so I won't complain much.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Wait, does that mean slowed down stages effects things like ROBs Laser and possibly other timer based attacks such as Wario Waft? Because that would be a serious problem.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Wait, does that mean slowed down stages effects things like ROBs Laser and possibly other timer based attacks such as Wario Waft? Because that would be a serious problem.
It doesn't affect them. The stages themselves are slowed. But the timer remains intact.

SRTM

Smash Ace
how do I go about editing the gct file so I can get textures working with it and
"file replacement 3.5, infinite replay, tags in replay, unlimited camera, standard competitive settings, New Pork City is Wi-fi Waiting room" from youko's texture pack?

thanks

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'm not quite sure if I like it or not. It's pretty cool, though. The Utilt is kinda fast, though.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
The ellipses were to signify my hesitation of defending Utilt. >_>

Why do we need to completely and utter change the Nair? That's the reason behind possibly opposing that video. The Utilt speed up...I just don't know. It's the same move technically, but it might as well be something completely different.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
Why completely change something that isn't even in need of being buffed? Ganon is good as he is, and he doesn't a new n-air or u-tilt. I play as Ganon a lot in Brawl+ and I don't want his moveset changed.

I don't think these changes appeal to anybody but non-Ganon mains.

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
they both seem rather stupid. utilt is decent for edgeguards (it hits below the ledge), nair is actually a pretty good approach move (zeon used it a bit against me and told me afterwards he was surprised how good it was for approaching)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Making Ganon's utilt useful is fine with me, but that nair change is too drastic for B+ imo.

neko = voice of the wbr apparently
What most WBR members say are just their individual opinions.

The only person who might qualify as "voice of the WBR" is Shanus.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
The peeps who are making roy are making some progress. We'll have the final version of roy soon. :)

well, he may be tweaked slightly after that, but, yeah. :)

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
Ganon's u-tilt isn't useless unless you consider neutral-b to be useless. If you play as Ganon for a while then you'll realize that it isn't that hard to avoid accidentally using his u-tilt. It doesn't need changed.

I guess I'll wait for the next nightly before completely shooting down PSA in Brawl+ (besides use for new characters... but that's far off). I really don't know what else you guys have in mind and (obviously) the changes aren't official.

Am I the only one who finds ZSS a little overpowered? Not much though... I think making her down-b to neutral-a spike a little weaker would do the trick. My friend kept killing me with it at 30ish percent. I was using mostly heavy weights.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Ganon's u-tilt isn't useless unless you consider neutral-b to be useless. If you play as Ganon for a while then you'll realize that it isn't that hard to avoid accidentally using his u-tilt. It doesn't need changed.
I don't think you even know what you just said.

And last I checked, no one was complaining about "accidentally" using utilt. Way to fail.

Also, I don't think the WBR was ever planning on incorporating something like that ganon nair into an official build unless the public outraged due to it not being included, regardless of how cool it may be.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
I don't think you even know what you just said.

And last I checked, no one was complaining about "accidentally" using utilt. Way to fail.

Also, I don't think the WBR was ever planning on incorporating something like that ganon nair into an official build unless the public outraged due to it not being included, regardless of how cool it may be.
I think I said that u-tilt isn't any worse than neutral-b, which is a bad move, but not useless. My point was that characters have bad moves but that doesn't mean we need to replace them. I know nobody brought up accidental usage but I brought it up to further reiterate that u-tilt does not need replaced.

In other words, we don't need to abuse PSA just because we have it. Let's work with what we have instead of completely remaking something that doesn't need it. The changes might LOOK cool, but I was fine with the Ganon we had. My last paragraph should've been pretty self-explanatory: I might not agree with changing the fundamentals right now (my last paragraph wasn't just about Ganon by the way), but I'll trust the judgement of the coders because I know that the changes won't be made official unless the majority of the community wants them.

But I still think Ganon is very capable with the moveset he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom