• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Or the TO can just have a set of rules for the sd card on the tourney rules:

Like,

Each SD card must contain blah blah blah. No other blah is allowed. If someone cheats, it's their problem, not mine.

and couldn't the to just check each sd card before they go into a wii?

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Why don't people just line up (the ones who have SD cards) and have the TO put a premade package with all the right codes on them. Then put some special mark/stamp/special colored tape on the ones that they know aren't cheating.

The whole thing would only take like 10 minutes tops.

Learn2Luigi

Smash Cadet
Why don't people just line up (the ones who have SD cards) and have the TO put a premade package with all the right codes on them. Then put some special mark/stamp/special colored tape on the ones that they know aren't cheating.

This, and the other ideas like it, carry some merit, I say.
Of course, I know nothing about competetive b+, I find.

That's not sarcasm.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I don't know why people think it's such a problem to use .pac files in B+ tournaments... People can cheat just as easily if it was .gct-only. Just have the host distribute the same code to all SD Cards, and then put some sort of "seal of approval" on the card (and possibly the Wii as well, if desired), like some people suggested.

And since I'm posting something, I'm going to point out something that's been on my mind for quite a while.
In the codeset for B+, there a section that looks like this:
Code:
Custom CSS V3 [spunit262] [17 lines]
0668310C 00000030
387E006C 3B600000
3C808068 38840DE0
7CBB20AE 7CA50775
41800014 94A30004
3B7B0001 2C1B0032
4180FFE8 48000038
04690338 48000068
066900d8 00000008
2c170028 41820168
02680DE0 0022FFFF
06680DE0 00000029
00090D0C 0515011A
0A071325 1002240E
0F140616 1F172903
040B1908 23201B5D
5E5C1121 18221226
27000000 00000000

Custom Random V1 [spunit262] (10 Lines)
06685824 0000000C
3C608068 7C630214
88630E80 00000000
046857F0 3AE00028
06680E80 00000028
00090D0C 0515011A
0A071325 1002240E
0F140616 1F170304
0B190823 201B5D5E
5C112118 22122627
Is that "Â" supposed to be there? With that there, the whole Custom Random V1 code is treated as a comment of the Custom CSS V3 code in the code managing software, thus if you don't manually take it out (I've had to manually take it every single time), you won't have that code activated.
I'm just wondering if this was a mistake that has gone unnoticed by the WBR or not.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman

this solution has been around forever and is rather simple. i don't see what all the debate is about. sure, there are problems with those REALLY experienced hackers, but they would be problematic regardless what meaures you implement

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
The thing that makes cheating with gct's easier is the fact that the game loads gct's at the beginning of the match every match, so you can't just use you own personal sd card to boot up every wii and then not worry about it.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Your Zair **** mileage may vary. Customer satisfaction is NOT guaranteed. If your Rope Snake seems defective please ask someone who cares to get it fixed. Do not allow it to imitate a worm and crawl into a hole. Thank you.
I lol'd very hard as a business student.....probably harder than ever before when looking on this forum. (Especially since I am dealing with this issue in a case study)

Is the WBR ever planning to speed up tether character's dash grabs the same way their normal grabs are?
Solution:

Crouch cancel your dash to avoid dash grabs.

Edit:

The problem I have with PAC is that many people just want to download a premade SD card to run B+ and things could get messy with required B+ pacs and ones people just want.

(I know my reasoning has many flaws but thats just how I feel. I remember feeling overwhelmed by just codes when I first played B+. Adding pacs would only make things more complicated.)

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Yeah I'm not requesting it it's just weird that standing grabs were buffed to always be better than running grabs.

EDIT: Although I do like that they were sped up.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
hmm, when I Take out the "A" (with a symbol) on top from the text file, and say export to gct, it says "more than 256 lines of codes selected!"

Is this okay?

BTW I'm using code manager v1.2 (the latest, I think)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Ness is fine. Personally, yo yos should get TP and bat should get reduced sweetspot range and more KB. Killing 4% lower than Lucas' fsmash is...silly. Those things are the final things I think Ness should get atm.

Also, remove slowdown on Big Blue please. Spear Pillar may be possible to save, but Big Blue will NEVER be taken seriously.

Edit: My only beef with pac. files is that we lose our effect textures. Like if you have a blue laser for ROB or black arrows for Pit, the PSA pacs will replace those.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
It's not like it hurts to include the slowed down Big Blue. I actually like it the way it is, only because it's the right speed for Sonic to run on the tracks. (You can either gain on the cars or slow down a bit to let the car/road catch up by adjusting the amount you tilt the stick, so you can actually run on there for as long as you want.) But that's not anything too important, anyway. Again, it doesn't really hurt to leave it as is...

And SymphonicSage12, why are you still using a program that limits you to 256 lines? But regardless, if it lets you save the .gct file, then there's really no problem, since we've been long gone from being affected by the 256-line limit.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
well, what's the best code manager then? I have the latest version of codemanager, but can you get me a better code manager program, please?

EDIT: nvm, I used the older version of the program (Which doesn't have a limit) and it doesn't say anything.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Think spear pillar. A stage that's not viable for tournies but is liked by some casuals.

Then you remove the pokemon and leave the loop. Now the stage still isn't any closer to being viable thanks to Cave of Life and now simply sucks overall as there is nothing unique about it. It's similar to removing the UC from Pork City. Or freezing 75m. It's a waste of time.

But maybe it's just me and the scraps of my casual side speaking. Some may like the new BB/Pillar.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Ness is fine. Personally, yo yos should get TP and bat should get reduced sweetspot range and more KB. Killing 4% lower than Lucas' fsmash is...silly. Those things are the final things I think Ness should get atm.

Also, remove slowdown on Big Blue please. Spear Pillar may be possible to save, but Big Blue will NEVER be taken seriously.

Edit: My only beef with pac. files is that we lose our effect textures. Like if you have a blue laser for ROB or black arrows for Pit, the PSA pacs will replace those.
But honestly dude, LANDING it is silly without the range. There should be a 1:1 ratio of KB and range.

Honestly, I am completely fine with the range buff (actually possible to land it)
But KO power isn't that useful alone. Ness has alot of KO potential. The range on the bat is awesome!

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I'm currently using bBrawl's idea for Spear Pillar (one of the few things from bBrawl that I like), where the Pokémon is there and the bottom death boundary is raised to get rid of the bottom floor, for casual matches(Dialga's probably the best one to play on, since it isn't that bad compared to the other two). (I'm one of those people that actually likes Spear Pillar for the hazards during casual games, being a Pokémon fan.) The camera positioning the stage lower on the screen due to the moved death boundary is kind of annoying, but you get used to that after a while.
I wish there are more options to edit stages at the moment, so we can possibly removed stuff like the loops without moving the death boundaries, among other things.

And still nothing from a WBRoomer regarding the "Â"...

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
I just played ROB+ with ZeonStar's ganon for like 3 hours...

Complaints:

- His Utilt is absolute trash. Put it back to how it was in vBrawl, please. It's useless now.
- His throws don't work at all, I don't know why you changed them. They suck now. Uthrow/Dthrow still don't kill (his ganon survived a Uthrow at like 170%...on Green Greens).

That's it, really. Pretty good otherwise.

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
I heard from someone else about the "utilt lock", LOL all you have to do is DI into it before you try to DI out, if you keep trying to DI out you'll get stuck. Like MK's tornado.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
And Neko, you love theorycraft, so this post goes for you too: Jiggly aerial mobility increase (just the 1.5, not 2, NOT 3) will not break her or suddenly launch her up to Top 10... (although she was tenth on the tier list for Melee, that's a whole different story). She will just be much better and feel better, more like she should. It will not warrant a trade-off and if it does, I'll say you were right blah blah blah. But the point is, there shouldn't be a single argument about this because it hasn't even been implemented yet and you're all just talking about it because someone brought up its potency thinking it'll make Jiggly 2gud while she will STILL have the same weaknesses as before.
What? lolwut. I never said anything about breaking her. That was someone else. <_>

And as much as I love theorycraft, doing it about the same god **** thing *coughlucaszaircough* gets on my nerves.

And as much as I love testing new things, even I have some god **** limits/bounderies that I refuse to pass with Brawl+.

Adding new hitboxes is one of them.

I'm an open minded guy and I'm willing to test practically anything as long as it falls within limitations. If testing something new means going out of those bounderies, than no go from me and its an automatic no from me.

That's how I feel.

I can go as far as adding extra hitboxes for existing attacks to define them more, but adding a whole new attack is right outside my boundery.

And about the whole cheating thing.

I'd consider the Plus community a pretty legit community, nearly void of ill-mannered people who would stoop so low.

My approach towards this, even if the chance is 0.00001%, unless it's absolute zero. We should create the steps needed to completely shut out any form of cheating as best as possible.

Even if cheating never ever happens in over 9000 years, I'd rather waste precious time coming up with a method of locking out cheaters than putting faith in the community and no at least come up with a decent method at cheat prevention.

As cold-hearted as it sounds, when your a TO, you want to ensure an even playing field. As its not so much the subtle change itself that matters, but its the fact your cheating point-blank that matters.

Better safe than sorry, mah boi.

I'm trying to build a solid community that knows what it's doing and what to do when something goes amiss, no matter what.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Every SD card is provided by/written to by the TO, put a non-transparent thing of tape over the SD slot, if it's removed, insta-match cancellation/forfeit of the person who did it.

Easy.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Which means that Braw+ tourneys might have to start using slightly different payouts so that TO can get money for SD cards, because there is little chance that Brawl+ TOs will shell out money for SD cards that could easily be stolen. lmao.

55/30/10 and 5 for TO.

V:

I know that if I shelled out money for 20 SD cards and after like 5 tourneys, I only have like 6 left. I'd stop buying SD cards real ****ing quick unless the money stopped coming out of my pocket.

timothyung

Smash Ace
Alphatron, use SmashBox to replace the effect textures

And Neko, I don't see the problem of adding a hitbox if it's necessary. I'm not saying Lucas' zair is necessary, just saying that we shouldn't limit ourself when making B+

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
something like 59/28/8 would be better, GHNeko... 1st place shouldn't see that huge of a hit from this. This does create a huge problem, though....

I for one cannot wait until the .pac's are fully completed and in a .zip/.rar for us to download. ^_^ Then Roy can be easily put into nightlies w/o having to code stuff. =D

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Might be a little late but i would be mad if .pacs really are the way to go seeing as how i use usb loader. My sd slot on my wii is broke which means i would have to directly replace the .pacs in the iso which would mean i cant even play vbrawl anymore.

However i understand i am like the only one in the world with this problem and if project sa and .pacs are truly going to help the wbr then they should go for it. I'll just hopefully play brawl+ over a friend house or something.(Im not buying another wii lol)

But at the same time .pacs are really not user friendly and directly changing aspects of chars through game files instead of codes is yet another reason for b+ bashers to bash. Are we sure using .pacs isn't going to far?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
...no, it isn't going too far, since it's the same thing as doing it through .GCT's. lmao. broken SD card slots could be a problem, though. you CAN get them fixed for about $75 through nintendo (though IDK if they'd be grrr grr over HBC) or get a local fixer to do it. /me shrug.

VietGeek

Smash Hero

And still nothing from a WBRoomer regarding the "Â"...
It's something with how shanus' computer formats things. Remove the "A" symbnol and the space after it.

Or alternatively use BrawlPlusTweaker and you'll never run into that problem when making .gcts (plus you can right click + select all for FAST .gct fun for ALL alternative Brawls).

<.<;

...no, it isn't going too far, since it's the same thing as doing it through .GCT's. lmao. broken SD card slots could be a problem, though. you CAN get them fixed for about $75 through nintendo (though IDK if they'd be grrr grr over HBC) or get a local fixer to do it. /me shrug.
If warrenty is dead fixing it yourself is probably the most cost-effective. Buy a triwing screwdriver + parts > having to pay for parts and workmanship.

Revven

FrankerZ
I heard from someone else about the "utilt lock", LOL all you have to do is DI into it before you try to DI out, if you keep trying to DI out you'll get stuck. Like MK's tornado.
That's dumb though, that shouldn't happen with a Utilt of all things. Was its major use this Utilt lock BS? Or did you use it to pop people up like it's supposed to be used for? I seriously doubt you prayed for a lock because someone was DI'ing the way they're supposed to DI moves especially one like a Utilt. Removing stuff that combos into itself easily is something that had to be done.

Holy's complaints about ROB's throws was noted, so yours are too, they'll probably be revoked. As far as the Utilt goes, nobody else has had a problem with it, so it's staying as far as I am concerned (not sure about everyone else). Because anything that LOCKS should go.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I need a codemanager program that doesn't limit me to 256 lines, please. I realized that the reason the older version worked was that I accidentally forgot to put on a code.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I just played ROB+ with ZeonStar's ganon for like 3 hours...

Complaints:

- His Utilt is absolute trash. Put it back to how it was in vBrawl, please. It's useless now.
- His throws don't work at all, I don't know why you changed them. They suck now. Uthrow/Dthrow still don't kill (his ganon survived a Uthrow at like 170%...on Green Greens).

That's it, really. Pretty good otherwise.
Yes utilt is useless, that's just something we have to deal with because it used to be a true lock on spacies and fastfallers even with correct DI because it didn't send into tumble at low-mid %s.

We were just trying out something with the throws and they will probably be reverted. Same with the new dash attack.

Now about this pac business...

As a WBR member, I understand that PSA is so powerful that we can't pass up the opportunity to take advantage of it.

As a TO, this is a huge pain in my ***. With gcts, I could load up every Wii with my SD card and that's that, no possibility of cheating (unless someone is an expert hacker or something I guess). With pacs, because every Wii needs its own SD card, even the average joe can tweak their characters slightly to give them an advantage and it would be hard to detect. (and unlike some other WBR members, I believe that even minor cheating like this should be taken very seriously)

The TO buying a bunch of SD cards every tournament is not the solution. What I plan to do is bring my laptop and overwrite the gct/pac files on everyone's SD card and let them use their own. It would still be possible to swap SD cards when no one's looking to get your tweaked pacs, so if anyone is suspected of cheating, I'm going to take their SD card and match up the pac files to the official ones on my computer, and if they're different, that person will be DQed and banned from any future tournaments I run. Cheating should be taken very seriously in a situation like this. We need to nip it in the bud before it becomes a problem.

Another problem with this is that you can no longer just take out the SD card to remove custom textures. Some people really don't like playing with textures and I want to respect that.

Regardless, pac files are the future and we are going to have to find ways to work around the problems.

weinzey

Smash Apprentice
Another problem with this is that you can no longer just take out the SD card to remove custom textures. Some people really don't like playing with textures and I want to respect that.
wouldn't it be possible to add a code that allows u to hold a button (let's say l/r) when entering the css in order to disable custom textures?

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
JCz: did you read my post a while back about GeckoOS 1.9.2 being open-source? It should be possible to make a Brawl+ mod of it that includes an automatic updater that changes the private file to private1 and loads up an official private folder, as well as overwriting the gct in codes.

All you'd have to do is run that every time a Wii is booted up, and place stickers over the sd card slots so nobody can hot-swap their altered sd card in.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Are luigi, wario, and jigglypuff supposed to get almost no momentum from a running jump? Everyone else gets a decent amount, but these 3 just have suckish momentum from a running jump. Is this intentional, just a fact that they're slow in the first place, or is it my fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom