• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Information Compendium & Social

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
Which characters have the best/a good aerial game?

I'm looking for a new character, and that's what I like most, Snake doesn't fit that so much.

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
I mean, I know some of the obvious ones, like "the obvious choice", Marth, Wario.

Are there some characters that still have this, but maybe aren't as obvious. I don't exactly know a lot of characters play

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
I never really thought of him like that, but I could give him a try...

And now that I think about it, he could pull that off well

Sharky

Smash Master
pikachu zss toon link and kirby come to mind just looking through the upper section of the tier list.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Pikachu is more air based rather than ground based. Or so I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

He has many strong points, but lacks in the range department and being able to effectively camp a fair few characters due to their projectiles being better or just being able to get around them easily.

Kishin

Smash Ace
I platform drop -> U-aired an Olimar cpu with Marth while it red pikmin f-smashed me and took damage without knockback.

Platform dropping gives SA frames?
Still would like an explanation for this.

Also, I just found a way to do a grounded aerial on the edge of a stage. I did it with marth on battlefield by hitting -> then <- quickly during the turn around dash animation at the edge of the stage.

Is there more info on this particular AT?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
At kishin, with wario you can walk off a platform, up air and pull yourself to land on that same platform, is that what youre talking about?

Sharky

Smash Master
yeah it's called airwalking. And you can only do it on solid stage, nothing you can fall through or jump through

eschemat

Smash Journeyman
Hey,

I've mastered DACUS with Snake and can do it 100% consistently but I'm having issues with the Falco DACUS. I use GC controller. Anyone have advice?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
You just have to learn and practice the timing the same way you did with Snake.
The timing is different, and tighter. Just practice.

Best Brawl matches to watch from Pound 5 anyone?

I just watched Noid and Cheese. I like watching matchups played out textbook style. Maybe I'm just sadistic. lol.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Is there an article somewhere that talks about "Zoning"? I have a hard time judging when to approach and when to take a step back.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
You just have to learn and practice the timing the same way you did with Snake.
The timing is different, and tighter. Just practice.

Best Brawl matches to watch from Pound 5 anyone?

I just watched Noid and Cheese. I like watching matchups played out textbook style. Maybe I'm just sadistic. lol.
:link:
I thought Jerm vs MVD was up there. Overall good set. ;D

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Is there a list of universal ATs lying around? Looking for anything and everything that can improve my game, no matter how insignificant it might seem.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Are the techniques used by pro HRCers applicable to competitive multiplayer matches?

This video for example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDqOEJ8R478

Somehow he is doing 60 damage in a few frames by repeatedly dropping the Bat over and over. Is this something that is possible with other items that dont disappear on hit/shield? Like Beam swords, Bananas, Tires, Gyros? Or is it some special property only possible with bats?

PKnightmare

Smash Cadet
kinda a general question here. I dont have people to play with all the time, but i attend tournaments and I'm about a step below the people there. Is there any good way to practice? right now im just three stock comp battles and spending hours in training mode... (main- lucas)

Jane

Smash Hero
the best thing you can do is watch a lot of videos. watch a few good videos a lot, rewind a lot. try to get into that players head. ask yourself why he made the decisions he made, rather than doing something else. ask yourself what you would have in that same situation.

and when you go to tourneys, try to get your sets recorded, and upload them. then ask for critique.

fighting CPUs wont do much unless youre working on a specific technique or something.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
play on the aib ladder. its chock full of very skilled players that for the most part are always willing to drop a tip or 2 to help people get better. as long as you go in understanding that things wont always play out perfectly due to the lag and you play to learn instead of playing to win, wifi does a lot to improve ones skill.

PKnightmare

Smash Cadet
thanks guys this should help a lot! also this is probably a dumb question but what is the aib ladder?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Is there a thread on this site that helps people find the competitive scene in their region? I live in north eastern Toronto and can't find any competitive players.

And ofcrs anything specifically about Toronto would be helpful as well.

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
Some SDI questions.

How far does each input move you?

and

What's a good way to practice SDI? Right now I'm practicing it in training mode in 1/4 or 1/2 so I get used to the motion

Life

Smash Hero
Training mode + smart bombs to get the motion down. Then do it against CPUs so you can get used to timing it. And then practice with people so you're better at less-predictable timings.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
This thread is featured.

*Does dance*

That question about player finding reminds me of a project Sinma started which had people pinpointing where they lived all on the same map.

Jonas

Smash Champion
As I recall, it was an add-on for Google Earth. I couldn't get it to work though, I think the whole thing was dropped before I found out about it.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'm trying to learn how to see how players apply certain attacks so I can counter them. So the main point here is homie, how do you observe them or analyze their style without losing your fluidity or slowing down, giving up your momentum?
Wanted others opinions, trying to get different views.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you have to have your basic play style down to the point where you can play it with out thinking, or with just more thought going into what your opponent is doing than your own moves. then from there you can actively think abotu your moves and choices from there.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
What prevents damage while in magnification? (As in, the "blast zone bubble," etc.) Sometimes, people just don't take damage while they're there, and I don't understand why that is.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
where's that thread with everyone's spotdodge and roll frames?

Top Bottom