• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl in the Hall 3!!!, Owingsville, KY Date TBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!RESULTS ARE UP for 2

Kel

Smash Master
because planking isn't stalling. The only way to really stall in this game under the SBR's rule set is by continuing infinites past 300%, which there is a rule for anyway. It's set up like this to prevent a need for judges. Judges create biased and unfair factors in the results of tournaments.

If stalling is possible on a stage, it's banned because of it 90% of the time. The major exception to this is Smashville because you people enjoy flat + plat stages regardless of how many times MK will glide underneath the stage and time you out.

swordgard

Smash Hero
because planking isn't stalling. The only way to really stall in this game under the SBR's rule set is by continuing infinites past 300%, which there is a rule for anyway. It's set up like this to prevent a need for judges. Judges create biased and unfair factors in the results of tournaments.

If stalling is possible on a stage, it's banned because of it 90% of the time. The major exception to this is Smashville because you people enjoy flat + plat stages regardless of how many times MK will glide underneath the stage and time you out.
I enjoy flat stages, no plat, with walkoffs.

And I am totally NOT biased.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
But more time beats not just planking, but stalling in general. Isn't it more difficult to time out on a 10min ruleset than a 8 min rule set? You could actually discourage stalling without actually defining it q.q.

Edit: ew I used actually twice in the same sentence, vocab fail.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Tako- All the stalling/planking player would need to do is remain as patient as they have been for just two more minutes in a match. If there is any ounce of discouragement toward their camping, it'll only be temporary until they eventually just adapt to the new ruleset and continue doing what they're already used to doing.

swordgard

Smash Hero
But more time beats not just planking, but stalling in general. Isn't it more difficult to time out on a 10min ruleset than a 8 min rule set? You could actually discourage stalling without actually defining it q.q.

Edit: ew I used actually twice in the same sentence, vocab fail.
Why is stalling bad? We have no problem with stalling and running away, only with infinite stalls that are actually stalling. Plank me scrooge me I don't care. Ain't touching that timer just because you feel stalling isn't legitimate, not a valid reason!

sneakytako

Smash Lord
The problem isn't stalling, rather the time limit itself. If the there was time was set to infinity, stalling would simply be a measure for the player to catch his breath and recoup a strategy, but under SWF rules since there is a timer AND the winner is determined by stock/% in case of an unfinished game, stalling creates a situation where a player that is ahead can win by making it 'difficult' to approach. I think that is the crux of the problem, and I think two extra minutes might help.

And don't underestimate two minutes KB, not only does it make it harder to stall, but gives the other player more time/less stress to formulate a plan.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Wario gets two more farts under those rules.
OMG your right, thats SOO much worse than planking.

but seriously, you're arguing with ROB players, the LGL hurts us TONS more than other characters.

I wouldn't mind an MK banned tourney, I think it would be interesting (but taking things a bit far), but I'm really hurt by the fact that it wouldn't count for rankings.

also :bigthumbu @ sneaky

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I wouldn't mind an MK banned tourney, I think it would be interesting (but taking things a bit far), but I'm really hurt by the fact that it wouldn't count for rankings.
This tournament isn't even in Ohio. It probably wouldn't even count for rankiings anyway.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Guys...rankings are about who you beat anyway, as long as it is someone noteworthy who happens to be using a character that isn't MK and who isn't affected by a ban tourney, then I don't see the problem with throwing any of those upsets for consideration.

Shadowbot

Smash Apprentice
Guys...rankings are about who you beat anyway, as long as it is someone noteworthy who happens to be using a character that isn't MK and who isn't affected by a ban tourney, then I don't see the problem with throwing any of those upsets for consideration.
I agree with this, but I'm not part of Ohio's PR or Ohio for that matter :o

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Well of course it wouldn't count for those rankings. :laugh:

Why should a tournament count when it lacks a comparable character environment to the rest that have been listed thus far?

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
I didn't want to say much earlier, but yeah. Threads that usually have a date later in the year tend to die down which is okay. SiiS2 died down for a few weeks since it was in the end of July (and I brought it up in June.) Until it got closer I brought it up again. It also allows recent date threads to be more recognized (which is important.) and less spam in general.

Hael Phael

Smash Ace
Yeah this tourney is gonna be good, I got the same venue and there will be improvements upon my last one due to more experience on my part

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
2 things:

1. Awe yay, I've advanced past the scrubby MK stage into "good" (according to Joey) :D

2. Lexington will be needing a ride again. If Lexington can get a ride, we should be in attendance again.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
This isn't too far away =D
Seriously guys, the venue is great; a beepton of you already know this. So please, bring the numbers and we'll provide the beeptastic experience xD
Let's put our bazillion setup count to good use this time XP

Hael Phael

Smash Ace
Hey to anyone following this thread, I had to change the date to the weekend after the original date so, September 25th will be the day it is held, sorry for any inconvenience this causes

Top Bottom