• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl in the Hall 3!!!, Owingsville, KY Date TBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!RESULTS ARE UP for 2

Vorpal Lyric

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry, but distant planet is an awful CP stage... but I've never really seen an issue with japes, despite how much I HATE the stage...

Port town aero dive would be an interesting CP... I'd love to see how that played out...

Shadowbot

Smash Apprentice
Now Brawl in the Hall 2 is going to have nine starters, also I need suggestions for the drinks I'm going to get for the venue, Pepsi or Coke products? or should I get a mixture of both?

Ummm... water...

Ok so I was thinking about adding a bonus counterpick to the list of stages for the 2nd tournament, I think the choices will be:
Onett
Jungle Japes
Distant Planet

So if you guys would like this idea give me some feedback on which stage you would like to see added to the list. Any other option suggestions are also welcome

Can you just not add any of those stages?

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
DOUBLE POST, ALL THE WAY. OMG!

I'm sorry, but distant planet is an awful CP stage... but I've never really seen an issue with japes, despite how much I HATE the stage...

Port town aero dive would be an interesting CP... I'd love to see how that played out...
take me to japes! <3

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I don't think it's ******** at all. I just don't think we should be the guys experimenting with it.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Yeah, it's definitely not a "********" rule, even though I wouldn't support it, haha. It's an interesting idea, I just don't think it's for the best.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
It's the same as the LGL rule and things like that. They aren't "good" rules, they're rules people are using to try to nerf Meta Knight because they feel he is overpowered but don't want him banned. The rule benefits any character that's facing Meta Knight, but that doesn't mean it should be used. I don't agree with the LGL or this rule, but I do understand the reasoning behind it, even though the reasoning is both flawed and desperate.

Hael Phael

Smash Ace
Of course the Metaknight main wants this to happen, I mean the only time I saw anyone planking super excessively at the first Brawl in the Hall it didn't benefit them much at all so I would guess it won't be that big of a deal to take it away, Also everyone needs to get the word out tell everyone you know, I'll be doing the same stuff I did last time to hype it but we all know I don't know that many people. I'll be making some flyers to be passed out at SiiS 2 so hopefully that will help.

Edit:LGL has been removed

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yep, let's just let MK get free access back to the stage since we can't touch a MK who planks correctly without screwing ourselves. Let's let him plank, shark, and scrooge endlessly without a care in the world. I wish I could make it to this so I could time everyone out with him.

I mean let's face it...he realistically isn't going to get banned according to the skepticism I still see floating around the boards. So I don't understand why there's a lingering mentality that he should run rampant and unrestricted unless there is a realistic possibility of a ban actually being passed, but with how indecisive and scrubby this community is on its decision making (all regions don't even have a shared standard stagelist/ruleset for crying out loud...), I don't see it happening.

I recommend that people should begin to hop off of old-fashioned competitive morals and make due with what we have in the most effective ways possible if there is no possibility of removing the X factor that is Metaknight, even if that includes adding restrictions to keep MK from being even more monstrous than he already is.

After all, if a character is so ridiculous that limits and restrictions have to be set in place just because of what said character can do, then why hasn't said character been banned yet? This is what I don't understand about the community's (or the BBR's) decision making.

Shadowbot

Smash Apprentice
Yep, let's just let MK get free access back to the stage since we can't touch a MK who planks correctly without screwing ourselves. Let's let him plank, shark, and scrooge endlessly without a care in the world. I wish I could make it to this so I could time everyone out with him.

I mean let's face it...he realistically isn't going to get banned according to the skepticism I still see floating around the boards. So I don't understand why there's a lingering mentality that he should run rampant and unrestricted unless there is a realistic possibility of a ban actually being passed, but with how indecisive and scrubby this community is on its decision making (all regions don't even have a shared standard stagelist/ruleset for crying out loud...), I don't see it happening.

I recommend that people should begin to hop off of old-fashioned competitive morals and make due with what we have in the most effective ways possible if there is no possibility of removing the X factor that is Metaknight, even if that includes adding restrictions to keep MK from being even more monstrous than he already is.

After all, if a character is so ridiculous that limits and restrictions have to be set in place just because of what said character can do, then why hasn't said character been banned yet? This is what I don't understand about the community's (or the BBR's) decision making.
I agree with this please.

Top Bottom