• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Character Match-Up chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
There is really nothing about Ganondorf that would hinder him more than any other character with an uphill battle against ROB. ROB should have a minimum advantage, if any at all.
Ganondorf has a lot of trouble getting past ROB's spot dodge to down smash. Couple that with ROB's ridiculous projectile game against the slow moving Ganon and you've got a very uphill match-up.

Because it's completely outdated and has bias issues.

Unlike the other match-up chart.
While I like how the other match-up chart is coming together (taking only consensus that is agreed upon by both boards), it has a long way to go. I'm going to be taking this chart in a different direction when I'm feeling more productive. However, I definitely agree that this is becoming a bit too outdated as I've not really gone over each match-up for a while now.

wolf = DK or even >DK
Why? DK's range deals with Wolf pretty well.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
If I had to use my imagination, ALL of Ganon's matchups would be uphill.

The trick to playing him well is being confident in his sheer power. Seeing stuff like his dash attack doing 19% certainly puts a smile on my face. In essence it could take only 6 or 7 good hits to KO someone.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
its a pity he has difficulty landing those hits.

*nod nod*
Yeah, for sure. Going into matches with confidence helps though.

I'm sure Ganon players go into matches knowing they are at a disadvantage in matchups.

But good Ganon players should not go into matchups thinking "Darn, this is going to an uphill battle." or "Crap, I will lose."

They gotta think "I'm gonna get those good hits in so I can win... with Old Man Bearded Ganon baby!"

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
actually i would believe its in snakes favor. Sadly snakes ftilt clashes with all of wolfs ground attack but after i saw the matchup in person i could say its even. Wolf just has to outspace the **** outta him.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
I feel dirty turning Snake advantages into non-advantage ones. :laugh: He's just so much ****...

As for Old Manondorf, yeah, he's usually very much on the short end of any stick but when he gets those hits in they really hurt. It makes his match-ups hard to do since, while he doesn't dominate anybody, at any time he can turn things around so quickly.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Some of Snakes disadvantages seem to be questionable. Why does he have one vs Pika and Olimar?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Some of Snakes disadvantages seem to be questionable. Why does he have one vs Pika and Olimar?
Pikachu has a chain grab on him, can stop camping and blow up mines simply by using the thunder jolt, and, when used right, thunder absolutely ***** his recovery. The matchup is at least 60/40 in Pikachu's favor. Olimar, I agree, is questionable. Snake's camping>>>Olimar's caming. Snake's grenades make it very hard to pull off shield grabs and Olimar's predictible recovery make it way too easy for Snake to set up mine/nikitia/grenade/c4 traps on the edge.

Mmac

Smash Lord
You're well aware of the other thread, then you're well aware that you know of Yoshi development and his Matchups where BOTH parties have agreed on (You think that Both Yoshi and MetaKnights agreeing on a Neutral Matchup would mean alot >_> ). Yet, you still choose to bliantly ignore those facts

Personally, I have all reasons to suspect that you have extreme biased against him, and nothing more than the stereotypical "Yoshi is as garbage as Falcon/Ganondorf" trend. I also think that you are also not treating other characters as fairly as well *Coughsoniccough*

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
no. just no

Gun stops mortar slide and Snakes mobility is non existen without the Mortar slide. Count in the fact, that Wolf outcamps Snake and you can see, that Snakes options are minimal.

A dthrow down the ladge is a perfect set-up for a spike, so killing isn't an issue for Wolf either.

Plus Wolf can counter Snakes beloved tilts with Shine-...

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Mmac you should get used to it. No one takes low tier mains seriously because their opinions are less valid because they're not intelligent/good enough to play a better character.
I've discussed extensively in this thread why Sonic has the advantage over Bowser quite clearly at least twice, and even though there's a freakin thread in the Bowser boards about having trouble with Sonic I'm still not getting listened to.
I feel like an indignant little bitch.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You better get used to it, Rooooy. Stuff like that will alwazs be ignored. I also showed Falco and Kirby is even long ago but it never got recognised in the chart, although the matchup is agreed...

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
The whole thing is outdated, the only way he will listen that Yoshi = MK is for an MK main to say it, I used to main him(along with falco), but I quit him in June.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
*looks at Meta Knight's crapload of checks and absolutely no x's*

And people still want him not to be banned? >_>

Heck, the other top tier characters have at least 2 bad match ups

IvanEva

Smash Ace
1. Mmac you should get used to it. No one takes low tier mains seriously because their opinions are less valid because they're not intelligent/good enough to play a better character.

2. I've discussed extensively in this thread why Sonic has the advantage over Bowser quite clearly at least twice, and even though there's a freakin thread in the Bowser boards about having trouble with Sonic I'm still not getting listened to.
I feel like an indignant little bitch.
1. I have a lot of respect for people who play low tier characters; I myself main Lucas and will never change mains despite all the gimping and chain grabs to forward smashes. However, I keep seeing a bit of hypocrisy in how low tier mains act towards their characters. They seem to enjoy being in 'low tier' status but don't like acknowledging why it is that those characters are there. It's because they're not that good. Yes, the Ganondorf, Yoshi, Sonic, Ness, Lucas, Link, etc. mains have a harder time getting their point across when they claim that their characters have good match-ups against better characters, it's because those other characters are BETTER.

Nobody, I should hope, believes that low tier mains are less intelligent, or not good enough to play the highter tiered characters. Hell, you have to be very good to be winning with the low tiers.

2. If everybody was in agreement it wouldn't be an issue. Thing is, for many match-ups there are people believing it goes both ways. The Bowser/Sonic one has gone back and forth a bit. I might change it again soon though.

Yeah, I'll change the Falco/Kirby one soon as well.

peruvian_001

Smash Cadet
no. just no

Gun stops mortar slide and Snakes mobility is non existen without the Mortar slide. Count in the fact, that Wolf outcamps Snake and you can see, that Snakes options are minimal.

A dthrow down the ladge is a perfect set-up for a spike, so killing isn't an issue for Wolf either.

Plus Wolf can counter Snakes beloved tilts with Shine-...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBqoJVpScn4

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Olimar, I agree, is questionable. Snake's camping>>>Olimar's caming. Snake's grenades make it very hard to pull off shield grabs and Olimar's predictible recovery make it way too easy for Snake to set up mine/nikitia/grenade/c4 traps on the edge.
You're wrong. some highlights,
-Olimar outcamps Snake very easily.
-Olimar has a very good defensive game that makes approaching with Snake very hard.
-One grab at low percents =50% easily. (without techchasing and followups)
-He's very easily to juggle, which is much more important for Olimar than it is for most characters.
-Killing is no problem.

I've explained his advantage numerous times earlier, and many other Snake and Olimar mains have agreed with me.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
DanGR is right as usual. Olimar has the advantage against Snake. Though I believe it to be quite a small advantage he does have the advantage.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
1. I have a lot of respect for people who play low tier characters; I myself main Lucas and will never change mains despite all the gimping and chain grabs to forward smashes. However, I keep seeing a bit of hypocrisy in how low tier mains act towards their characters. They seem to enjoy being in 'low tier' status but don't like acknowledging why it is that those characters are there. It's because they're not that good. Yes, the Ganondorf, Yoshi, Sonic, Ness, Lucas, Link, etc. mains have a harder time getting their point across when they claim that their characters have good match-ups against better characters, it's because those other characters are BETTER.

Nobody, I should hope, believes that low tier mains are less intelligent, or not good enough to play the highter tiered characters. Hell, you have to be very good to be winning with the low tiers.

2. If everybody was in agreement it wouldn't be an issue. Thing is, for many match-ups there are people believing it goes both ways. The Bowser/Sonic one has gone back and forth a bit. I might change it again soon though.

Yeah, I'll change the Falco/Kirby one soon as well.
1. Is that meant to imply that I can't accept Sonic sucks? He does. Even though I'll be the first to admit that 5th bottom on the tier list is an absolute joke, I still consider him a low tier character. As for the match-up at hand, I also think Bowser is a low tier character, so yeah.

2. I haven't seen any arguments at all for the match-up not being in Sonic's favour. That's a bit silly that you should bring that up, especially where I brought up the point that Bowser boards have a problem with Sonic identified in a thread on their first page.

Meh, I don't mean any disrespect. I just felt that when I argued a point and nobody argued against it my point was probably right and so should have been reflected on that chart, that's all.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Why is Yoshi STILL even with Wario?

Amen. Yoshi isn't absolute suck, but I'll be the first to stick him in Low tier. Maybe 8th from the bottom.

Flayl

Smash Hero
ROOOOY!, is it customary in the sonic boards to read only the title of a thread and not its content?

I suggest taking a second peek.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
Doesn't Jigglypuff have an advantage over IC?
nope,even match up

Jiggs can just hit Nana off the stage and (with her infamous air-game) ensure that she never makes it back on. Once Nana is removed from the equation, one Climber doesn't really have any good approaches/uber broken attacks, and the climbers recovery is gimped.
When going for rest combos its pretty hard not to hit at least one of them because of how close they always are to eachother. Its also pretty hard for IC to chainthrow jiggs because she is both an uncommon foe, and super floaty. Be advised that IC's Up B wil **** jiggs.currently a 5:5 tho,possibliy 45:55 jiggs

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
There are IC mains, who think, that Jiggs has something like a 70:30 advantage...don't ask me why though...

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
At the fact that Dias, the one who created the thread, came back to say he didn't have problems with sonic.

It's called learning the matchup.
but you also ignore the fact that Terios' Sonic is average.
Hell he said it himself, there are a number of things that would have helped him int he match (spinshotting being number1) but he does not do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom