• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I hope you guys have found a fix for Bowser. If you're one half of the cast playing against him, it's just not fun in the slightest. Same is reversed for the other half, which isn't fun playing against.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Not that we have much choice there.

We've been trying to take a little more time with our next update, make sure that it has more major content in it.
Hmm? Is she hard to change or something? I heard something about ZSS having a weird codeset or something making it difficult to change.

and great to hear.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I didn't say Bowser was OP, I meant he seems to be pretty polarizing, which is a pretty bad thing.

Sharky

Smash Master
so? he doesn't break the game, he has weaknesses just as strong as his strengths, so he doesn't need any fixing.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
It's more people I know complaining than me. Mostly because they don't grab enough. I play Bowser- personally.

Xyless

Smash Master
Hmm? Is she hard to change or something? I heard something about ZSS having a weird codeset or something making it difficult to change.

and great to hear.
She's literally at her limit for filesize. If we add one more line to her code, she won't load if she's facing Samus.

If only we had a way to make Gecko and StackSmash allow files that are larger than their limit, then we would be gold.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
I have a question about the Nayru thing... would things like water gun and air damage (DDD and Kirby's inhale damage, as well as the start of Ganondorf's up tilt) count as "a hit" and take away the super armor? I'm guessing not, but just wondering. Also, same question with respect to throws and or pummels (if, hypothetically, you were pummeled but got out of the throw). It is lost on hit, right? Is there a time limit to it or will it only go away on hit? Regardless, the new Zelda looks amazing. Same with Yoshi and the DK clap thing is amusing and pretty cool (yeah, I know it's getting nerfed / fixed up, but I mean the concept in general is cool). I vote yes to it hitting people on the ground if you can somehow make it not OP (only if they're directly under you? If that were possible that could be cool... I dunno). Also the new Yoshi (potential) Yoshi looked really cool... was anything nerfed about the over b other than damage?

Another question... I was already told megacrash is not going to be in the game (unless you guys are trying to fix it? I was under the impression it just wasn’t gonna happen), but what about baroque?
Wow, I'm asking a lot...

I do have one more question though... is Peach's slide back distance (after down tilt) determined by how fast you do the next action or... I dunno, I haven't figured out the timing as I rarely do it on purpose in matches... maybe I just need to practice it / know where the timing is, but it'd be nice to be able to do one distance vs. the other on purpose more consistently. Should I save questions like this for the Peach- forum? If I asked anything that you guys don't want to answer and/or should be asked elsewhere, I apologize and please direct me where.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
What exactly are you WTF-ing about? That we tried it? Or that it's gone? FYI baroque was never even in a test build.

Xyless

Smash Master
I have a question about the Nayru thing... would things like water gun and air damage (DDD and Kirby's inhale damage, as well as the start of Ganondorf's up tilt) count as "a hit" and take away the super armor? I'm guessing not, but just wondering. Also, same question with respect to throws and or pummels (if, hypothetically, you were pummeled but got out of the throw). It is lost on hit, right? Is there a time limit to it or will it only go away on hit? Regardless, the new Zelda looks amazing.
Assuming we can get the Nayru code working correctly, then anything that does damage at all will take away her super armor. It will only go away if she takes damage (once she takes damaged, it is disabled until the next nayru), otherwise it will stay there.

Same with Yoshi and the DK clap thing is amusing and pretty cool (yeah, I know it's getting nerfed / fixed up, but I mean the concept in general is cool). I vote yes to it hitting people on the ground if you can somehow make it not OP (only if they're directly under you? If that were possible that could be cool... I dunno). Also the new Yoshi (potential) Yoshi looked really cool... was anything nerfed about the over b other than damage?
Only thing that was nerfed about Yoshi's side B is no more flower. Otherwise, it's the exact same move it was. Oh, and he doesn't go into special fall after escaping it in the air now, which is obviously a buff.

Another question... I was already told megacrash is not going to be in the game (unless you guys are trying to fix it? I was under the impression it just wasn’t gonna happen), but what about baroque?
Wow, I'm asking a lot...
The person who was in charge of these has taken a hiatus for now, so we can't say for sure how far along the code is.

I do have one more question though... is Peach's slide back distance (after down tilt) determined by how fast you do the next action or... I dunno, I haven't figured out the timing as I rarely do it on purpose in matches... maybe I just need to practice it / know where the timing is, but it'd be nice to be able to do one distance vs. the other on purpose more consistently. Should I save questions like this for the Peach- forum? If I asked anything that you guys don't want to answer and/or should be asked elsewhere, I apologize and please direct me where.
It's all right. It's determined on the timing you input the next action. It's mostly based on how well you time it for when she starts sliding backward. It's right when she starts her slide back to her normal position that you need to put the next input. Also, we are going to slow it down a bit (won't make it vB, but it won't be as ridiculous). So don't worry too much about it.

nair's knockback got nerfed?? that's like, one of his only decent KO moves now already =(((
Considering how fast the move could be interrupted, it was a ridiculously safe kill move. Would you rather the IASA (interrupt) frames be moved back a bit, or the move be weakened?

I plan on giving him a buff to other potential kill moves (like dsmash), but nair needed a little bit more balancing.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Yoshi had a nearly impenetrable WOP with nair.
And it auto combo'd.

I'll admit, I liked the knockback too. And I think just making the trajectory more horizontal would of been a better fix, with sourspot having a higher base knockback, but I'm no dev so idk.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
CR4SH, Luigi's trip won't be taken out. Also, my brother and I are planning to stream again tonight if possible. I'll update this post with the link if we do stream.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
What changes are being done to Samus? i feel that her bair, zair, and projectiles are perfect but the rest of her is lacking. her up-B and fair are both to easy to SDI out of i was using her i up-b'ed to recover hit the guy i was facing he then SDI'ed out of my ub B and grabbed the ledge before i could. As for her fair i just dont feel like it links well or combos that well. Her up tilt i feel needs to be a little faster, also i her f-tilt might need a little speed boost as well.

Also not sure if you know this but wolf can stall with side B (very annoying)

One last thing i just tried rob for the 1st time today and i was wondering what was the point in taking away his up-throw as a kill move? i figure from how it works its now used for tech chasing or maybe shooting laser after you use it but at times i just wished it was a stronger kill throw then the vbrawl version.

Also is there a good place to go and watch brawl- videos b/c i want to see how others are using certain characters to see if i am missing anything

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I have a suggestion; as this thread is for the official release of brawl-, shouldn't you put the official brawl- stages (ex. Halberd-) in the OP and/or game pack?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
The OP should be containing the DLC 1 soon. The stages may or may not be included in the official downloads. We'll see. Also, don't forget that if anyone has any stage ideas to please PM me here or on smashmods.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I need to get back on skype sometime. I haven't been booted yet, have I?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
People, I know how to do character injections now! This means we can ADD things to zss now! :O Now don't go crazy with ideas, but I know as of now that I have 8 different subactions/actions I can go crazy with. :3 Lend me your suggestions!

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Wolf's stalling has been looked into.

We haven't gotten to Samus in the primary discussion quite yet, but we will eventually.

A few good places to watch B- videos are...

DEVS:
http://www.youtube.com/user/XylessBrawl
http://www.youtube.com/user/nonstandardtoaster
http://www.youtube.com/user/kiddakoreako
Thanks for your responses. i am also happy my samus comment was not taken the wrong way i know how talking about a character needed buffs can cause flame wars.

Also i really like zelda but i had an idea, how about the distance of the 2nd f-smash changes the longer you charge the smash. (its just a thought i had today which seemed kinda cool but its not something i am pushing hard for)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom