• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
cant help with the sonic peach thing, cause i wasnt paying attention, but i can with the 9 stages.

in the codes folder is a .txt file with all of the codes.

in the 9 stage thing, there is also a .txt file with the codes that one needs.

take the enable random expansion, stage roster expansion, and the custom sss codes and add them to .txt file that comes with brawl minus.

get codemgr (just google for it) and open the combined .txt file in codemgr.

make sure it's all checked up, and export to gct. that gct should be what you need.

we used to have the code in our pack in the really old betas. we took it out, and we had reasons, i just dont remember the exact ones. so no, i dont think itll be in the next builds, but maybe theres a chance i guess.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Thanks much BSL. I got it on my SD and working. If it only messes with the 1 player then that doesn't bother me, but it's good to know and I can understand not putting the code in given that.

Oh, another side question that you may not be able to answer... but I believe I read somewhere something that implied Brawl- was possibly going to find a way for final smashes to be added to the game w/o the items or something? Like you could earn them in some way or something... so I guess my question is: is that true? And if it is, may I ask how this system might work? (especially since the game has frozen on me when trying to use 2 final smashes at once and if you could earn them I could see this coming into play...)

If this was just some baseless rumor, sorry... had to ask as I heard nothing of the sort from what I've seen on the minus forum here... I'm not sure what I think of the idea (just as I'm not sure what I think of mega crash and baroque), but I do think that it would be interesting to see. I will say though, that it'd be nice if you didn't randomly lose final smash on hit if it is added... I realize that brawl- isn't all about getting rid of random factors (hence ivysaur's crit hit, for example), but I really hated that the smash ball both broke randomly and could be lost on hit at random. Of course... I'm getting ahead of myself... I don't even know if it'll be in the game.
Anyways... thanks again BSL.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
The idea of giving the smash ball to someone so to speak, was discussed a while back but seems that it is probably not possible to code the smash ball like that, IE: getting the smashball if you do a 0-death combo. The megacrash was in a backroom build a while back and was taken out due to the fact that the game crashed if you used it directly when you enter hitstun and got hit at the same time.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If i want to update from 1.5 to 1.6, but i have texture, music, and stage hacks that i dont want to re-add, is there just a specific file (or files if i have to) that i can just switch out instead?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
If you use windows, then you should be able to just drag and drop the pf and codes folder into the right place and just click 'yes to all'. Or, you can use this app: http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-198-post-10811.html#pid10811

If you think that the app screwed up anything on your sd card, it's your fault. The app works solely based on folder structure.

folder:/codes
folder:/private/wii/app/rsbe/pf

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Hello, as you all know I am the Brawl Minus stage developer. I have recently been losing free time to work on stages due to work and school. I am in need of assistance for STDT editing.

To edit an STDT please follow this:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274439
go to http://www.tinyurl.com/brawlfiles and go to pf>stage>melee and download any stage and start editing the STDT if it has one
and use this brawlbox
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=277835 it has a built in STDT(MiscData[20]) editor

If you are able to help me please post here or contact me on skype.
My skype name is Synthro_

EDIT: You need to replace all of the Fitcharacternamehere.pac and the GCT which is in your codes folder. Your music can be left alone and so can your stages.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Add me on skype and I can get you set up and ready to help! I can help once I am done with work which Is in a couple hours. This will make stage developement faster! :D

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I don't have skype, aim, or anything like that. I'll PM you the only real chat I'm ever on though.

Count Typo

Smash Apprentice
I'm having a little problem with Brawl- when I'm playing with my friends. They recently found out how versatile Samus's missiles are, and have been having too much fun spamming them. And by spamming them, I mean literally doing nothing but using them the entire battle, and then U/D-Smash if I crash land by them. Other than catching the missiles with my face as Bowser, how exactly do I counter this strat?

Count Typo

Smash Apprentice
Her homing missiles don't do anything to Bowser, so I can blast through them and destroy Samus from there. They really have no idea how to use Samus so I'm usually able to beat them with Bowser, but I don't like Bowser.

Oh speaking of which, is there a tier list for Brawl-?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Their is currently a few tier lists floating around on smashmods iirc but those tier lists are out of date. Their probably won't be a solid tier list for a while.

eskimojedi20x6

Smash Rookie
Yoshi's side special is kinda of annoying... my friend used it twice and my damage somehow got up to 137%.... Either I really suck or the move is a little too strong. The flower is my main problem I guess.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
This morning I had a CPU G&W trap me against a wall with his jab and I couldn't escape. That normally wouldn't be too noteworthy until the CPU keeps hitting you until you have over 900% damage then wastes you after you stop paying attention because of how long you were trapped. -.-

Xyless

Smash Master
Yoshi's side special is kinda of annoying... my friend used it twice and my damage somehow got up to 137%.... Either I really suck or the move is a little too strong. The flower is my main problem I guess.
I'm currently working on a retooling of Yoshi, which may get rid of the flower. People can complain, but until we find a way to make it not be so OP with damage racking (or find a nicer way to implement it), it's really not worth keeping. It makes Yoshi too OTP (one-trick pony), even if he has plenty of other tools in his arsenal.
(you can find a video of the new potential Yoshi on my youtube, XylessBrawl).

Sharky

Smash Master
ok how the hell does that make yoshi broken? It's super easy to dodge, pretty much every aerial will beat it, and it even has less ground priority compared to its vbrawl version. If you are complaining about this move then you need to improve your adaptability. Yoshi is still primarily about aerial juggling anyway, and he's already at leas nerfed to at best mid-tier status, why do you need to nerf him even more?!?

Xyless

Smash Master
I'm not "nerfing" him, per se. I've made far more changes than simply his flower. I've given him plenty of new tricks, and gave him a couple of buffs as well.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
It's more that once you get hit you're pretty much going to get hit many more times rather than being able to avoid being hit in the first place IMO.

Sharky

Smash Master
I'm not "nerfing" him, per se. I've made far more changes than simply his flower. I've given him plenty of new tricks, and gave him a couple of buffs as well.
you should reintroduce the melee mechanic where egg roll gets faster as it goes downhill, increasing the knockback =)

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
no, she's untouched right now
yeah i think she hasnt been touched since the beginning. i hope it stays that way :D

any updates coming soon? i can only see this game getting better and better. very popular here in the east coast.

Xyless

Smash Master
yeah i think she hasnt been touched since the beginning. i hope it stays that way :D
Not that we have much choice there.

any updates coming soon? i can only see this game getting better and better. very popular here in the east coast.
We've been trying to take a little more time with our next update, make sure that it has more major content in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom