• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i thought about this, but what button combo could you input to make him trip?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
giving it a command is a bad idea, it takes away the need to cope if you can do it on command. you run an autopilot character and trip is basically the only thing keeping him from being a ridiculous luigi helicopter whose only strategy is to "do ****".

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
trips isnt nerfing him?...wth...I got staged spike by trip and its not like you can really capitalize on his trip anyway its pretty safe

I been told you all you need to do is slow him down a little bit and he should be fine but then that would cause for a huge outcry of all the people who played luigi when he was super ****...so in the end you guys are just stuck with him being all **** and shizz

still <3 you tho TSON

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
you run an autopilot character and trip is basically the only thing keeping him from being a ridiculous luigi helicopter whose only strategy is to "do ****".

If luigi is too good, nerf him, thats not why I play luigi. If losing the tripping buffs an already excellent character, and he needs balancing, please do that instead.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
How many people play luigi in tournaments where small things make big differences? And does this matter to you? Thats a simple values call.

And don't you think it's a pretty silly way to keep a character down to earth? Should randomness really play that big a factor on whether a character wins or loses?

Is he really TOO good? And if so, whats wrong with a nerf? If you're trying to keep the game balanced, there should be no reason for outcry for introducing balancing factors. If not, there should be no outcry over an unbalanced character.

I'm not asking for a luigi nerf or a luigi buff. I'm just voicing my opinion on something that really aggrivates me and really matters to me. I'm doing the only thing I know of to try and get it changed.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
its not about whats going on now its about the fact luigi could possibly overcentralize the metagame (like MK)

but i mean at this point I dont really complain bout luigi anymore..just learn to deal with it and just know that he ***** squirtle now

my roommate (coney) is like the best luigi on EC so its not like i dont have a reason to complain...I play him all the time

CR4SH

Smash Lord
No dude, this is a player built game undergoing constant patching. If luigi really is good enough that he's a danger of ****ing up game balance just nerf him. Its a simple concept.

Characters get buffed and nerfed in this game all the time. It's not like vanilla where you have to make stupid rules with unintended consequences to try to bring a character down to earth. Change the power on back air, change forward air's trajectory, slow down his dash. Easy stuff, and if it makes the game as a whole better, there's no reason not to do it. Well I should say, no reason IF you think luigi is actually too good (which wouldn't suprise me, as crazy as he is).

Do you think luigi is that good? Then say so. Why not?

Thats not why I'm here personally. I just hate the ****ing trip.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I agree with you, crash. A while back, I tried to convince the team to change luigi's dthrow trajectory to the same angle as vBrawl, cause I hated it. If it made it too good, then why not just nerf other things?

Here's the thing. Say we fix the trip and then nerf everything else. People who don't mind the trip, or can actually utilize it. They lose the trip, and get everything else nerfed. That pretty much sucks hard. Unless we see a lot of people annoyed with the trip, there will be more who are pissed with the "no reason" nerf.

Coney

Smash Master
TK, how are you still complaining that luigi is too good?

i thought we got past this

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=283374

look at the brawl minus section

the luigis: me, nakat, armada, inferno, yoshq

the placings: 5, 7, 9, 17, 25

actually, two zero suit players got 4th and 25th, and the 4th took out the 25th pretty early in bracket, so i guess she's probably broken too

i don't care about the trip or anything, and i also think saying luigi without a trip would be too good is waaay off. i don't care whether the trip stays or goes, but don't keep it in as a balance. he's not broken with it and he wouldn't be broken without it. it's not the trip that keeps him level, it's the characters that are just outright better than he is. i couldn't touch wolf, got two and three stocked. why? because both wolf and the person playing him were really, really good.

also, ally beat me with falcon. and falcon's supposed to be bad.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Wait, you WANT a vbrawl dthrow trajectory? That would combo into aerial sweetspot shoryus. And that **** kills squirtle at what, 40?

The trip is obnoxious.

Coney

Smash Master
and yeah, dthrow's trajectory would be ******** in brawl- if you left it like vbrawl's, that idea is stupid

Coney

Smash Master
that...

that doesn't mean anything.

"mk's dsmash should kill in one hit"

"no that'd be too strong"

"NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND"

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
My point was

I wanted something changed. They said it would make him too good. I said nerf other stuff. They said no.

I was trying to relate to crash. My change was his dthrow, his is the trip.

So yeah, you didn't understand.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I have been working hard on this for the last couple months and here it is! The first stage DLC for Brawl Minus!

Stages that are included are:
Frozen PS2
Frozen WarioWare
Halberd-
Big Blue fix, i added ledges to all the cars and lowered the top blastzone
Yoshi's island pipes fix, extend left and top blastzone and removed the six blocks in teh fight area
Skyworld fix, removed the left, top, and right platform and left the bottom floor
PTAD with ledges on the main platform

Download it today!

Any complaints, glitches, compliments can be posted here or here: http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-1137.html

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Zak Shut your salty *** up

Luigi is still one of the top 3 annoying character to fight in that game

and the fact that My character got noticible nerfs and your character got "nerfs" doenst help at all

and if you read the last part of the post you would have saw me saying I just gotta learn the match up

quit trying to defend your Auto-Pilot character

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I have been working hard on this for the last couple months and here it is! The first stage DLC for Brawl Minus!

Stages that are included are:
Frozen PS2
Stopped reading there. No, just no.

*EDIT* continued reading.

Frozen WarioWare
Halberd-
Big Blue fix, i added ledges to all the cars and lowered the top blastzone
Yoshi's island pipes fix, extend left and top blastzone and removed the six blocks in teh fight area
Skyworld fix, removed the left, top, and right platform and left the bottom floor
So, uhh, now Skyworld is just a smaller FD with a breakable floor?

Halberd- is kickass though.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Stopped reading there. No, just no.

*EDIT* continued reading.

So, uhh, now Skyworld is just a smaller FD with a breakable floor?
Lol.

We can compare any stage to FD. Hell, we can compare the sidewalk to FD. That doesn't mean it's a valid comparison. <__>;

And you're the first person I've ever seen complaining about frozen PS2, other than BPC. You can get the same idea, but with less silly transformations, on PS1.

NNID
Budget_Player
Lol.

We can compare any stage to FD. Hell, we can compare the sidewalk to FD. That doesn't mean it's a valid comparison. <__>;

And you're the first person I've ever seen complaining about frozen PS2, other than BPC. You can get the same idea, but with less silly transformations, on PS1.
Ew, no. You're wrong, stfu.

Also for people confused about Skyworld-, the clouds that used to hold the platforms up are still there. It's more of a battlefield clone than anything else.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Okay, then I'm fine with Skyworld.

But still, wtf about PS2. Need to get fUddO in this thread, he's of the opinion it should be a neutral over PS1.

I hope he namesearches.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Eh, except this isn't a stage legality thread so his argument probably won't be taken seriously.

But what we're doing with the DLC is getting feedback--if you think Frozen PS2 shouldn't be over regular PS2 then you're doing the right thing by saying that you disagree.
Also the PS2 argument would probably belong on smashmods moreso than here
because apparently people read that website I dunno

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
to tell you the truth...I havent played any minus matches on anything that wasnt a "regular" stage yet

I might need to try that

NNID
Budget_Player
Okay, then I'm fine with Skyworld.

But still, wtf about PS2. Need to get fUddO in this thread, he's of the opinion it should be a neutral over PS1.

I hope he namesearches.
PS1 and PS2 are two of the best "neutrals" in the game. Nobody excels on them. There are almost no matchups in the entire game where one of the parties would CP the other to one of these stages. Name me one, go on.
Freezing PS2 makes it slightly better for characters like Diddy and ICs (and now to a much lesser extent falco), who hate stage interaction and love flat stages (battlefield/smashville 2.0, hooray), therefore hurting the balance of the stage, AND at the same time removes all the skill required to deal with the interactivity (and trust me, it's plenty). It is such a ridiculously bad move it's not even funny.

As far as PS2- goes, we were looking into reversing the direction of the treadmills on electricity for lulz, but did not get very far.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I wouldn't consider it ps2- I would consider it more as a fix. Also, if anyone has any ideas for fixes to stages or how to make a stage minusy please pm me here or on smashmods.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
so like fromundaman had a super good idea

Let Kirbys Inhale Inhale stars

(like D3's Stars and Yoshis Stars) or any other projectile that comes out at landing lag and maybe even rock smash rocks

good or bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom