• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Count Typo

Smash Apprentice
Question: Is Pit supposed to be able to attack out of his Up-B, then use Up-B again? I believe that was a glitch in 1.0 and there was a patch, but I can't find any now...

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
it should be in the current release. just update to the newest one. 1.0 is archaic and lame.

Count Typo

Smash Apprentice
I'm using version -1.6. I posted because I noticed that my friend appeared to have activated the same glitch that was in -1.0, but after further testing it appears the attack-out-of-Up-B > Up-B-again method has a limit. I could only stay in the air for 15 seconds. Never mind.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
That should happen Count Type, good thing it isn't a glitch. haha. Anywho, anyone else think the stage DLC should also be put in the OP? I think it would help give the DLC more attention and whatnot. Just my two cents.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I have some unfortunate news about frozen pokemon stadium 2. I can not use a rel file to just put frozen ps2 over another stage without crashing the wii. So, we have two options to choose from, well three actually.
1) we use frozen ps2 and lose unfrozen ps2
2) we use unfrozen ps2 and lose frozen ps2
3) I import all things needed for frozen ps2 into another stage. The downside to this is that the screen in the back won't be like it is in ps2, where it zooms on characters and tells who is winning, etc.

The choice is yours, this is all that is left for the patch for the DLC 1. There is also an extra fix for one of the stages in the DLC, that will just be a surprise though.

Please let me know what you want me to do. Also, please do not make it into the million page long frozen ps2 vs unfrozen ps2 stage discussion. Other than that, I hope everyone will enjoy the patch once it is released. :]

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I know, but the frozen PS2 file size is too large for most stages and the ones that are large enough crashed. I even put it over Wifi Waiting Room with a rel and that stage has the most room available, and it still crashed! I hate that we can only have one stage of PS2 with the functioning board in the back. I for one like the board animated. :<

EDIT: It has been decided by the BRoom and I that the stage will just be put over another stage so that we can keep unfrozen PS2. The board in the back won't be animated though. Once I finish porting the stage, I will release the patch for the DLC.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
can we not make PS2 the frozen one, and put normal PS2 with the rel on another stage?

you said freezing it makes it too large. i may be mistaken.

back to skype, lol. im never on anymore.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
The frozen ps2 is frozen by the STDT. It is still the same size as unfrozen PS2. It doesn't matter, I'll release the patch tomorrow with frozen ps2 on another stage.

eskimojedi20x6

Smash Rookie
I want mess around with the RSBE.gct, but I couldn't find the .txt file with the codes in the download.... Can someone give them to me? I just want to take out the custom CSS changes cause I don't like how random (my main) chooses pokemon trainer half the time since he takes over 4 slots.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Um, I believe you are still using Brawl Minus 1.0, that had teh CSS code. I suggest you download Brawl Minus 1.6. It does not have the CSS code and characters are much better than 1.0. :)

The_Rake

Smash Lord
What is with lucarios upB? I know there was that glitch where you could get extreme vertical distance from it, then after that was fixed you could do ariels out of it and it would extend the distance but by not as much, currently it'll only have extended momentum if you collide with someone during ES's movement.

Why was it changed again after the glitch was fixed?

Anywya, just wanna show my appreciation for brawl-, love it immensely. Theres quite a few of us in uk who will pull it out at a fest, there was unbelievable hype when we discovered links into ganons dark dive. seriously, nothing better than a room full of guys screaming DARK DIVE when it lands. Many thanks

eskimojedi20x6

Smash Rookie
Um, I believe you are still using Brawl Minus 1.0, that had teh CSS code. I suggest you download Brawl Minus 1.6. It does not have the CSS code and characters are much better than 1.0. :)
I downloaded 1.6, but I'm using the Stack Smash.gct since I don't use homebrew. Is the one they have up there version 1.0, perhaps?

Anyway, I would still like the .txt file for reference. Thanks for the help!

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
These stages may or may not be included in the project. For now it remains as a DLC, meaning this is an option, you don't need to use most or all of these stages. Just wanted to voice that.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So long as it remains DLC, I'm fine. Thinking of starting a minus scene in my area. If there were significant amounts of tournaments, I'd stop playing vBrawl almost immediately.

5ive

Smash Champion
So long as it remains DLC, I'm fine. Thinking of starting a minus scene in my area. If there were significant amounts of tournaments, I'd stop playing vBrawl almost immediately.
One step ahead of ya. Already brought it to atleast 4 tournaments with massive positive reviews and interest for tournaments. Now we just need a venue.

That's where fizz comes in handy :).

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Awesome. Now I just have to settle on a main. I'd play Ganon-, but it might ruin my vBrawl in case of MLG next year. Probably going to go Kirby, Tink, or Zelda/Sheik.

Something I'm too lazy to go check right now, has minus fixed Zelda/Sheik's switch times, like + did?

NNID
Budget_Player
Awesome. Now I just have to settle on a main. I'd play Ganon-, but it might ruin my vBrawl in case of MLG next year. Probably going to go Kirby, Tink, or Zelda/Sheik.

Something I'm too lazy to go check right now, has minus fixed Zelda/Sheik's switch times, like + did?
Just don't main ganon in a game where he is beyond worthless?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer

What did B+ do to their switch times? Did they use a frame speed modifier or change files to make switching faster?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
is that something + did? i thought that was a part of FPC.... oops?

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
I thought they just included all the Zelda/Shiek textures so they would always load from the SD card instead. I didn't follow that closely though.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, they included the files so they switch faster. Should make that a part of minus, make it more viable for me to play as both.

Life

Smash Hero
Hi guys!

Just downloaded Minus and it's freezing on start up after getting to the loading screen (like, where VB normally goes to the intro/main theme). Since you've probably already seen this (I looked, couldn't find it) how do you fix it?

Thanks.

LOL noob can't even make brawl- work LOL

CR4SH

Smash Lord
You know what I hate? Luigi tripping.

But I'm gonna win b- at siis this weekend. I predict coney at 2nd place.

Coney

Smash Master
are they definitely doing brawl minus? i thought they were only doing teams or summat :<

i'd mm you but luigi dittos are for dumb-bots

RyuVega

Smash Rookie
I started reading but then saw it had 104 pages. Lol.

Is there an NTSC-J release yet? If so I really would like the link.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Hey, quick question... sorry if this isn't the right place to ask about this, but would it be possible for the code that adds 9 replaceable custom stages to be added into the next build of Brawl-? Or would there be a concern with a code limit or something (I wouldn't know, I have no idea how this stuff works...). Also, is there a way for me to put that code in without replacing the "RSBE01.gct" for brawl-? Sorry again if this isn't the right place to ask this. The code I'm talking about is in the stage pack on Mewtwo2000's Brawlvault found here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php#ByUserID=768&Moderated=All

On a side note... I heard from somewhere that sonic and possibly peach are getting reworked in the next build. Is there any legitimacy to this and if so, is it fair to ask what this might entail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom