• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
First, and most importantly, add a transformation to Samus.

I have school now, I'll let you know if I think of anything.

Count Typo

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys! I have a question. Will there be any improvement to Ganon's U-Tilt in 2.0? It's one of his least useful attacks as of now...

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
I agree it's pretty bad, but we don't really know what to do with it.

I'm currently trying to think of a way to make it some sort of anti-projectile.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Well that doesn't make the move itself better, just lets another move be more usable.
I do like it though.

I was thinking making the hitbox larger, and last longer though.
Because if the move itself sucks people are usually gonna be able to tell what he's going to do.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
why don't you just take utilt out all together and make it another move/animation

orrrrrr

make it chargeable like a smash...so that way when ever you let go of A is when the move launches
(it should be about as strong as samus's uptilt uncharged building up to the power of ganons utilt charged)

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
WTF POWERHOUSE YOU IN CP?...you go to the college?

I'm going down to CP today but I'm going for a friends party...lol we coulda been playing offline matches

also...don't change your location..I think they shortened the limite because I had a long one and changed it and now i can't type that much

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
I'm heading to the final epic of woodbridge today anyway.
Exdia is holding a minus tournament there as a side-event.

Sucks though, i really wanted to play you :(

And okay, thanks for the heads up :D

Where do you live?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
oh...lol I was gonna go to woodbridge but I'm chillin now

and I live in Odenton with Zak(coney)...roommates and shizz

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
So i was playing today and thought i kinda main zelda so i should try to get good with sheik, then i found out sheik is a beast the only one thing i would want changed with her is some more air movement after she up-B's but besides that she seems amazing.

Now for zelda i would like to ask for a faster grab if the grab is still 12 frames from Vbrawl, its just to slow and i could not punish mistakes with a shield grab

Lastly is there a place that has all the changes characters have up to this point b/c all i could find was v 1.5 and v 1.6 changes which dont cover every character.

I hope i am not annoying with my suggestions just writing small changes i would like to see.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
IIRC zelda's grab range has already been increased from vBrawl. Try doing jab>shield cancel grab.

Also, just so everyone knows this. AFAIK there are barely any changelists from vBrawl to 1.6, and characters may or may not get changed so their changelists may get out of date.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
mad hype for the up-smash buff and the fair/bair thing as well.

M0nk what i ment is not how long range is the grab but in how many frames does it take to grab, b/c if its still a 12 frame grab then it needs to get faster (i am not even saying make it super fast just something that makes sense for a non tether character)

o and one more zelda idea (if it seems too good i apologizes but i guess i have a bit of a zelda biases) Anyway after zelda's up-B i wish instead of free fall it was still possible to use side be to get its momentum to carry you back onto the stage, it just seems to me that zelda's recovery through much better then any other game is still lacking a little bit.

edit: just looked at the Nayru test video and thats pretty awesome

Also i saw a different video that was showing some kind of super smash attacks that you can only use once per match and i am not a fan of that idea, turning matchs around with crazy fun combos and stupidly awesomes moves is way better then just getting lucky and landing a one shot kill move. i hope u dont add it (also found the video) http://www.youtube.com/user/kiddakoreako#p/u/2/3XSYQ1YpUHc

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
These are some changes you can expect to see in the upcoming stage DLC 2:
LavaVille
MK 1-2 stage(maybe. it's a surprise. :) )
BBrawl Spear Pillar fix on all forms
Shadow Moses Island edits. each form may be the same or different. Who knows...
Mario Bros-
and more!

Expect the DLC 2 to be released soon. Get hype. (if anyone cares about the stages ;-; )

Sharky

Smash Master
is there a random chance of rob's laser not firing? I've had more than a few moments of rage lately from the thing randomly failing to shoot. >.>

Eldiran

Smash Lord
That's only a visual glitch. If Rob is doing the laser pose, then there are lasers firing -- they become visible again when you hit a guy.

Don't know what causes it, and it is fairly rare in my experience...

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
so i see talk about version 2.0 is there any estimated time of arrival for it?

Another question how do u become a brawl- back room member? i feel i could be helpful in giving ideas for characters and such, also i wont name names right now but i am friends with someone who is in the brawl- backroom and i am far more qualified then he is :) he knows who he is.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
PM Oro?! With your application. Iirc applications were cut off last night. Also, if you're friend is with a B-BRoomer, you can just use the br build with him. :/ Also, two things that should get hype are there is currently talk about making a hype vid in the br and the dlc 2 will be out in a couple days. Keep on using minus. Also, get hype. ;o

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
hmm i will tell him to get it then (or if he has it to bring it) i shouldn't eve be asking for it right now since i have a crazy amount of school work coming up this week, dam test tomorrow.

Anyway cool that its coming out in the next coupe of days i hope zelda's neutral B thing is working, and i am hyped, hope you guys are doing cool stuff to samus she needs it.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Been trying this out for the past couple of weeks. **** game, thanks for all the work that's gone into it.

I was wondering if there was ever any talk of giving Mario his 64 Up-Smash. I'm surprised it isn't in already to be honest, given the idea of the game.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
guys...for some reason the new Idea of balancing is making **** nerfed...and well some of the nerfs that have been delivered have been unjust.

and some of the characters that need nerfing you seem to be avoiding all together..

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
guys...for some reason the new Idea of balancing is making **** nerfed...and well some of the nerfs that have been delivered have been unjust.

and some of the characters that need nerfing you seem to be avoiding all together..
We need to work on each character individually and balance said character. We are not "avoiding" any character. Not all nerfs or buffs are set in stone, you know.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I'm sure thats the same thing B+ said and look where thats driven them...too many changes is just as bad as not enough changes...
you guys are lucky this game is infintely more fun the B+...lol

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
You have a point TKO.
But we mean what we say.

Though I do admit I'm also anxious to work on nerfing the unbalanced atm.

Revven

FrankerZ
You're supposed to be breaking the game, the only word I should be seeing thrown around is buffing. So wtf, this makes no sense that I'm seeing the word nerf in here unless it's something that you didn't intend to happen as a result of breaking a character. Otherwise, it's just stupid to throw out nerfs just because people whine about how a character functions now.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Yeah. The nerf still Keeps the moves as broken according to vBrawl's standards, for to most part. And I only say for the most part because I'm sure there is a few cases I can't think of right now.

Xyless

Smash Master
Most characters stay broken in their own regard, just keeping them balanced in terms of how the game should be paced. A few great examples are Luigi and Ness before 1.6 came. They were not only broken in regards to their character, but also were at a point where not every character could hope to be coded to reach that level. Some characters are either too good or have moves that are pointlessly overly good, which actually subtract from the character's design and strategies because it's safer or stronger than any of their opponents' options.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
So, I was playing today and I think I've found a glitch (confirm for me if it's not intended):
Using GW, if you use a Fsmash and hold the Control stick up, he'll open his Nair parachute and it will hit for about 33% (multihit, btw). He will be then in a strange animation where he holds his stick in the parachute.

And any good tips playing against Olimar?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
That's half-intended. It was so ridiculously hilarious when we did it by accident that we decided to keep it. It's very good antiair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom