• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I don't see how balancing the game by adding in some nerfs makes it no longer broken...
Falco4000's point is that instead of trying to nerf a small portion of popular characters, we should instead buff the characters that aren't up to par. The only exception would be if a character was just so much better than everyone else that he had to be nerfed (eg. Pikachu and Luigi). From 1.0 - 1.5 I thought there were way too many nerfs. Some characters that weren't even over the top like Bowser got nerfed.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i understand why people are complaining about nerfs but to me as long as the game stays ridicules/crazy and fun as hell i support the nerfs. I mean who here had played a good luigi in the earlier versions? playing him was not fun at all i was tech chased while he just stayed in the air, he had 0 to deaths all over the place, hell i even saw this guy win matches two on one with luigi. Now i understand that this clearly makes luigi broken which is kind the point of the game but he was so broken the game stopped being as fun. with these nerfs they are able to keep the game competitive as well as crazy and fun so i dont see the problem with it at all.

On a kinda related note what are peoples thoughts on who is good/ great and who needs some buffs? I will start, i believe MK, sheik, and maybe falco (need to play more good falcos but he seems amazing) are all good well made broken characters. While i find Samus, IC's, and peach underwhelming. (I am not trying to start a teir list debate i am just wondering how people feel about certain characters since i only have a small good of good plaers around me (and a larger good of not so good of players :)).

I also just want to throw this out there this is the only smash game i dont mind playing free for alls in, just saying.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Bowser was popular opinion. People were complaining that we were ignoring our audience when we refused to change his hitstun-heavy-armor to 10%.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Monk said earlier (a day or two ago) that "DLC 2" would be coming out soon. What does that mean? I know "down loadable content," but he didn't mean brawl- 2.0, did he? That would be awesome, but earlier than I would expect, so I'm assuming he didn't mean minus 2.0. But what did he mean?

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Bowser was popular opinion. People were complaining that we were ignoring our audience when we refused to change his hitstun-heavy-armor to 10%.
I respect that you took people opinions to mind, but people just complain a lot. The heavy armor iirc was to help prevent Bowser from getting juggled. But here's the thing: Bowser was never over the top with the tumble armor. He gets ***** up the *** by grabs. I think Pikachu has/had a CG to death on Bowser. If you hit Bowser with a good knockback non-multi-hit smash, that should be 15%.

Weren't there a couple of other nerfs on Bowser though?

On a side note, I like Sonic. He's very fun.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I heard you guys are making Pikachu better by removing the lag he has on his Up b when landing? Please let this be false lol.

Nairo is a dominant force in brawl- tourneys right now and he mains pikachu. Yesterday there was supposed to be a brawl- tourney and in friendlies Nairo was doing 2v1s vs his pikachu and there was so much destruction lmao. it made the brawl- event not even happen!!!! Nerf this ***! I think hes been nerfed a couple times but nairo simply ignores it and keeps ******. this kid is 13 yo lmao!

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
That's why Pika will be receiving some nerfs. If you have not seen this video, I think you should. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iuPDZ--3Io Keep in mind that not all changes we make are final. Currently, it seems to me that 1.6 Pikachu is just on autopilot, requiring little skill, using so much thunder, tjolt, and QA that there is almost a constant hitbox around Pika, making him almost untouchable.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So, anything on Ganondorf? He feels a little bit sub-par, maybe I'm just doing it wrong, but he doesn't really seem to have much going for him except for absolutely ****** Bowser.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
That's why Pika will be receiving some nerfs. If you have not seen this video, I think you should. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iuPDZ--3Io Keep in mind that not all changes we make are final. Currently, it seems to me that 1.6 Pikachu is just on autopilot, requiring little skill, using so much thunder, tjolt, and QA that there is almost a constant hitbox around Pika, making him almost untouchable.
dam i didnt think hed get nerfed that much but i do agree that hes mad autopilot. i was just gonna say to nerf his kill moves and hed be more equal to the rest of the cast but regardless cant wait for the next update. i know they are POTENTIAL changes but im just saying lol

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
LMAO. no ignore that pika video, its not staying like that. trust me.

he will be nerfed but thats mad overkill.

NNID
Budget_Player
Falco4000's point is that instead of trying to nerf a small portion of popular characters, we should instead buff the characters that aren't up to par. The only exception would be if a character was just so much better than everyone else that he had to be nerfed (eg. Pikachu and Luigi). From 1.0 - 1.5 I thought there were way too many nerfs. Some characters that weren't even over the top like Bowser got nerfed.
Some chars we cannot bring up to par when compared to others. Not without completely homogenizing the game. Again, take 1.0 Ness/Luigi. If we wanted to bring someone like Bowser or Ganon up to par with them, how the hell would we do that?

So, anything on Ganondorf? He feels a little bit sub-par, maybe I'm just doing it wrong, but he doesn't really seem to have much going for him except for absolutely ****** Bowser.
He's getting some fairly strong anti-projectile options, a ridiculously powerful projectile weapon (currently considering removing this; I'm strongly supportive of keeping it but others aren't), and armor on his wizkick.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
He's getting some fairly strong anti-projectile options, a ridiculously powerful projectile weapon (currently considering removing this; I'm strongly supportive of keeping it but others aren't), and armor on his wizkick.
Ganon with a projectile? If it stays, it better not be spammable.

Sharky

Smash Master
I just thought of something, dunno if it's do-able or not.

When charizard gets hit during rock smash so he drops the rock, could the rock stay on the field as a heavy projectile akin to bonsly? I don't know how this stuff works so if it isn't possible oh well.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
...That's actually a good idea Sharky, i doubt it's possible but it sounds awesome :D
Especially if we make the move overall laggier so he can let himself get hit by certain attacks/weak projectiles to drop it.

But yeah, for real. Anyone who thinks we should only be buffing and only nerfing when something is COMPLETELY over the top, is kind of silly.
We DO want balance, after all.
@BPC: It will need some heavy nerfs if you want to keep the ganon projectile.
Quite frankly I'd like a more clever projectile one than the linear and straightforward one we have.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
My Main thing is you guys seem to focus on the wrong characters all the time

Like Luigi and Pikachu and Wolf are super broken

but the last few monhts seem to always revolve around PT....

but seeing as you guys are addressing pikachu now...its whatever...Also did you guys put stamina and switch back in?

can you not?...I main squirtle not PT...

NNID
Budget_Player
@BPC: It will need some heavy nerfs if you want to keep the ganon projectile.
Quite frankly I'd like a more clever projectile one than the linear and straightforward one we have.
More clever is not really possible for us. And it got a slight nerf. Slight. In fact, more of a rebuild... I've gotten two approvals, at least.

Ganon with a projectile? If it stays, it better not be spammable.
It's attached to warlock punch.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
aight Thought so...I played at Snaps house I guess he had an old version

also ganons Ftilt should reflect...just saying

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
so it reflects from behind him? because that **** sound totally impractical..you would never get a reflection...without a freaking PSYCHIC read.

although taunt reflect sound cool if its JC-able like halfway through the taunt (if he doesn't reflect anything possibly)

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
well if you gave him that many reflectors that would be stupid

I said Ftitl becaus of the animation Him kicking a samus charged shot is just too funny

fair would be funny looking also but bair and Jab...too easy...you could pretty much reflect by spamming jab and Bair is pretty hard...I agree ganon needs some sort of an anti-projectile method but I still think he needs to work for the reflect

Sharky

Smash Master
I just thought of something, dunno if it's do-able or not.

When charizard gets hit during rock smash so he drops the rock, could the rock stay on the field as a heavy projectile akin to bonsly? I don't know how this stuff works so if it isn't possible oh well.
in case it got looked over, is this do-able?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Afaik it is not possible to turn the rock itself into an item that you and others can pick up and throw. I am not sure if it is possible to give the falling rock a hitbox though. I am sure we can though. :)

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Giving a character multiple reflectors is a dumb idea and not worth it (excluding Pit because he was put in the game with two). I agree with TKO that having Sparta Kick reflect would look godly, but what about Utilt? You can already auto cancel it and it will actually make the move viable.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Pit having two was dumb, IMO.

I say ftilt is a good reflector and am now a proponent if said argument.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
My Main thing is you guys seem to focus on the wrong characters all the time

Like Luigi and Pikachu and Wolf are super broken

ok idk if u have been playing version 1.6 but pika and luigi are not broken at all. Luigi got the nerfs needed to not be the best i.e sour spot nair no longer sends u up and more lag on air moves. in fact my friend who plays luigi told me he would rather lose the upB always hiting hard and having a tipper if they would make the weak nair send up again.

now for pika i have never played any great ones but nothing about him has been giving me trouble.

wolf i feel is really good, for one he can stale forever, he is hard to punish and is pretty strong, i feel he is near the top in the game but i also think once he loses inf side B and maybe a little nerf on his f-smash which still sometimes sends me at stupid angles he will be fine

ok i feel if ganon has a reflector it should be his jab b/c thats how i see him say gtfo to a energy ball like samus's.

And anyone in the backroom willing to tell me what people are saying about shiek and samus?

zss can be annoying at first but really is not that big of problem, i feel her biggest thing she has is her back throw off the stage and then her dair to spike, i feel some characters just cant get around it (but i dont really care that much b/c mine can :))

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I at first red this post as you coming at me offensively but then I said meh...you haven't played the people I played

I may have overexaggerated about Luigi and Pikachu being Super broken but they are definitely in that Too good status...

also inferno...utilt would need to be faster if it were to be his reflector so I'm gonna go ahead and stick with Ftilt reflect...Utilt does need a use though...

also I'm in the backroom...just saying

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I at first red this post as you coming at me offensively but then I said meh...you haven't played the people I played

I may have overexaggerated about Luigi and Pikachu being Super broken but they are definitely in that Too good status...

also inferno...utilt would need to be faster if it were to be his reflector so I'm gonna go ahead and stick with Ftilt reflect...Utilt does need a use though...

also I'm in the backroom...just saying
I meant the whole time his leg is up is a reflector. I mean Utilt has no uses at all. Ftilt to reflect would look godly, but it's not like that move needs a buff.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
You know, having something like bair or fair reflect would be the route to go imo.
Ftilt is already a staple move.
But bair is only really used when it is the only thing which will hit.

I say those two because in ocarina of time, ganon reflected projectiles with his backhand :p

I don't think it will be too hard if having the reflective properties having a disjoint and elongation period.
Also make it more of a surprise.

BUT; Why don't we forget about reflecting all together. And make it more like, an absorption or counter type.
Utilt wind absorbs projectiles and makes the point where utilt finally explodes, bigger, stronger, and possibly faster?

There is a ganon PSA out there where utilt has a massive(and amazing looking) hitbox. We could shrink/enlarge to various sizes and use that if the creator would allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom