• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brainshock βeta : July 2nd, 2011 : Iowa City, IA

Kuares

Pizza
Alright now I get my shouts out.

3: Pierce7d – Wish I got to play vs you more. Fun times after the tournament though.

7: Kain - You were way chiller than I thought you’d be. Loved watching your team matches

9: YoshQ - I’ll be sure not to lose so badly to you next time. Sad you had to leave so early.

9: Zeton - I wish I could’ve played you in brawl(got teams though) and also gotten that picture from you, but alas that was the same thing I thought as I saw you walking away from the tournament. Nice picking up on stuff in Melee. Wave shining isn’t too important iirc, just remember to always L-cancel and jump cancel shine.

13: DeLux -Ha , if you were the IC’s I played in friendlies then I’m sure I’ll beat you next time. It doesn’t seem like that terrible of a match.

13: BPow –Good job placing the best of Iowa. Other than that we didn’t really talk to much.

17: Ripple - Much appreciated for the ditto.

17: PFGC Indianaz Finest - Thanks for the hype Money match. Remember, the wounds your received are due to your lax training.

17: MegaRobMan - I should have played you in both games. Couldn’t find you though.

17: FAE – I should have played you but I don’t know why I didn’t.

25: Triple R - Good times teaming. I saw your matches vs M2K in ssbm and loved how you still went Kirby.

25: Twink - Nice friendlies as always.

33: GameGenie – You read the forums too much. Don’t fret over what people say on the internet.

33: NGamer3k - Thanks for the ride and helping with organization.

33: Joker - I’m taking Forcystus wherever I go from now on. Though he seems to like Melee a lot more than Brawl, he’ll have to get used to it.

33: Rob Gambino - Only played in Melee, you got me good there though so good games.

33: Smeesh - Didn’t talk too much, I should’ve kicked M2K off of brawl and my controller so he could’ve played you before he had to leave.

33: Kirk - Dammit…

33: Future - Couldn’t find you.

33: Wang – You’re improving, I can tell. I should’ve played more friendlies.

33: Thugz - We’re money matching next time yo.

49: Red Ryu - Oh man, how I knew the Lucario match-up. I knew what to watch for and what do against a lot of your stuff. Like Bairing your Dair, reflecting Aura’s and shining your recovery. I’ll have to talk to you about what my crew mate does vs me and give you some ideas on what to do next time. I forgot that you played Roy too, we’ll have to ditto it up also.

49: Kuares -Doesn’t matter the game, do not lose first round Winner’s or you’re screwed. As far as Brawl goes, forget about full hop dair and upsmashing early. Just remember the advice that Zeton and Pierce gave. Nice job bringing it back in melee though.

49: Dylan - I remember you now, sorry about that earlier.

65: Valk - As I said at the tournament, learn to use your aerials.
Strong Bad: Nice meeting you though sorry to say I couldn’t try P:M. What happened in the match vs Jayford ? I thought you had it.

Iowa City guys: PM me and let’s get together for some more games. We’ll get so much better that way. I got a tourney going on later this month not to mention those weeklies, so come on!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Kuares, I am 90% sure we did not play a single set the whole time.

The last 10% of uncertainty due to my allergy & cold med / 102 Degree Fever induced delirium throughout the entire day.

Although it wouldn't surprise me because I am terrible at every spacy matchup and chaingrabbing.

I'll do shout outs once I stop being sick. STILL in recovery mode 3 days post tournament

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Shoutouts to teczero for finishing my fries and calzone. And thanks for those pm matches. Too bad we didn't play each other in melee :c

:phone:

Teh Future

Smash Master
awesome tournament.

yink and ngamer you guys did a great job running this. thanks to you and the rest of iowa for being so kewl.

yoshq

Smash Master
2: Ally ($147) wanted to play but oh well.
3: Pierce7d ($88) you have a very interesting personality, wish we coulda played more at jay's but oh well
4: Fino ($60) *****
5: Holmes ($15) fun games, **** wolf
5: Arty ($15) ****in fsmash... i wanted to play ally damnit.
7: Kain i had no idea what to do, except for those moments when i upbed you. then it all made sense. but seriously, **** wolf
9: MJG wanted to play, oh well
9: Zeton lol at your rage. ggz in dubs
9: Sago TIGER JR. INTIMIDATION TACTIC GO
13: BPow wanted to play, oh well. ggs in dubz
13: Count wanted to play, but ggs in dubz
17: MegaRobMan wanted to play, but ggs (good greens)
17: DLA sucks you didnt find a dubzx partner!
17: Nicole fun chillin n junk. lolmidtier****talk
17: Nappy you were at this? thanks for cheering, wish we had played or something
17: ook yoou were countering my shenanigan playstyle perfectly, and i didnt realize it until it was too late
25: Jlo "oh no.. you will not get a 3rd upb on me this game.." "wanna bet?" ;) ggs
25: Trent at one point i came back to the closet thinking my burrito was still there.. lol
25: Triple R GOOD **** in dubz... we ****
33: D.Disciple wish we woulda played, see ya at genesis
33: GameGenie yup
33: NGamer3k oh you asian jokester you
33: Joker we shoulda played
33: Kirk ggs
33: Oro ggs! always fun to play
33: Future aww u mad bro?
33: Tmacc ^
33: Wang fun games, i meant to sit down and teach you some techniques but oh well
49: Red Ryu ggs, your timing was so good with aurasphere
49: Kuares we played?
49: Fujin ggs
65: Zozefup ggs

Triple R

Smash Lord
Shoutouts

Brawl

1: Mew2King – Fun teams match. Didn’t stand a chance.
3: Pierce7d – Fun one teams friendly with Nicole. Nice job ith 3rd.
4: Fino – Fun team games.
5: Holmes – Fun team games. I was nervous cause I think I’ve lost to your team before.
5: Arty – Our teams match started off kind of janky when you side B SDed right at the start.
7: Kain – Good job with 1st in teams. Don’t let everyone give you too hard of time about FAE and Pierce7d, you’re still beast.
9: MJG – Finally got to play you bracket, but I wish it wasn’t so early in bracket lol. We both seemed really nervous on that last game, for good reason though. Can’t wait to play again.
9: YoshQ – Wow, we plowed through so many teams in loser’s bracket. It was just all going so well and in our favor. I’m sure we’ll do it again sometimes in the future.
9: Zeton – Fun teams match. Yeah Brandon was kinda nervous for that match. You guys still played well I thought though.
9: Sago – That tiger face was pro. Too bad you didn’t have it for when you played Yoshq and I again in Loser’s bracket for teams. :p
13: BPow – Thanks for housing us. It was a blast.
13: Sword_Master91 – You’re such a troll with this name. Wish I would’ve saw more of your matches in singles. I still think Marth is your best bet except in a few matchups.
13: Count – Cool to finally meet you. Now if I rage at you on wifi you know I’m at least somewhat of a chill guy. Hope to play you in singles some day.
17: FAE – Nice job beating Kain. Was a fun set to watch. I’ll have to play you some day.
17: DLA – Cool chatting with you for a few seconds. You still owe me and Breezy a buck each for those MMs at Hot ****ings. :p
17: Nicole – Fun chatting with you. You and Yoshq are a blast to listen too lol. Hope to play you again soon.
17: Nappy – Fun matches. Probably the most free I’ve been in singles for you in awhile.
25: Mr. Doom – Fun teams matches. I hate playing against a Ike/Wolf team lol. Have to be pretty careful.
25: Trent – It was pretty funny when you were telling people to slap you if you even thought about spindashing lol.
25: Triple R – You’re a champ. Keep up the good work.
33: Cool_guy69 – You’re so cool. You have to be. Good job with your placing.
33: D.Disciple – All the Lucarios are going to reject you if you stop rolling.
33: Joker – Still haven’t played you in singles yet lol.
33: Kirk – I was kinda worried when we started our teams set. They were fun though.
33: Oro – Fun teams set. I hate Marth lol.
33: Future – What happened to ICs. Did you take a break or something? You didn’t seem as good as last time.
33: Tmacc – Hmmm… You’ve wanted friendlies with me for so long now. It might be time for me to pay my dues next time.
49: Kuares – Fun team friendlies.
49: Hills – Streetpass!
65: Zozefup – Ugh, randomish seeding gave you a hard match so early in loser’s. Sorry about that. I’m curious what Rob_Gambino told you in between matches. Curiosity is killing me lol. Fun matches though. Did you say you use to main Kirby? If you did maybe you should pick him back up as a secondary. Or was that Gambino…?

Melee

1: Mew2King – Fun matches. Finally got to play you. Fun experience. You’re really quick.
2: Teczero – Really wanted to play you but watching you was just as fun probably lol.
3: Oro – Hmmm next time I’m gonna try and take back winning. Fun sets for sure. Kirby is full of gimmicks lol.
4: Smeesh – You looked pretty good. We should play next time.
5: Triple R – Making believers out of non-believers out here! Good job!
5: Scythe – I think we played at the last Brainshock but not this one. Maybe next time.
7: Ripple – I kinda wanna try out my Kirby against your Roy after seeing those matches with BunBun awhile ago.
7: Zues – Don’t die to low % gimps. Thanks for the tunes in the car.
9: D.Disciple – I couldn’t tell if you were going to beat Oro or not, but it looked close.
9: Rob Gambino – You’re ICs for some reason put me out of my comfort zone, it was a close match.
13: Schizm – Luckily MN has both a Peach and Zelda player so I was all practiced up for this set I guess. Fun games.
13: fluxwolf goes hard – Go Harder!

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Ggs everyone I played! And thanks for hosting, Yink! =)
I was just wondering if the replays I saved still exist on someone's wii, it was one of the wiis on the same side as the TOs, kind of mid-backish. I saved my sets with RedRyu, Fae, and mm's with Mr. Doom on there. I was the owner would send them to me or upload them ;o thanks.

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
Tmacc had an SD every mm set vs yoshq, It was pretty funny.

overtheunder

Smash Cadet
@ yoshQ yea I was kinda hoping for that but I learned a lot just from watching. walk off fireball is 2good.

@ rob, silver, and QRS...thanks i'm finally startin to feel ok about my luigi

@Tmacc np man, sucks that happened to you during those MM but other then that you were doing some real nice stuff, seems like you always step it up a bit every tourney

@ yink/ngamer thanks for hosting again!

also sago's facepaint was pretty legit, dude doesn't **** around

and SHOUTOUTs TO BPOW for being generally awesome with wario

ggs everyone i played, very fun tourney minus the room smelling like ***. hopefully i'll see some of you again soon

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Hey Ripple, I recorded a match between me and Sago on your computer. I didn't realize I had to change the file name before I started recording, so I'm pretty sure it says DLA vs. someone on it, iirc. It should be a red Peach vs. a green MK though, could you upload it for me please?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Just to tell everyone, Seagull Man will be taking my replays and recording them sometime tonight. They'll be up as soon as possible.

One big shoutout:

There's so much I want to say to so many different people, but I know I'm going to forget someone and I don't want to. So I want to say, THANK YOU! Thank you to everybody for coming because without you guys it would've never been so successful.

I'm still a newbie TO sorta, but I think I'm only getting better and better at hosting, so when/if I host another Brainshock, I'll make sure it's two days (if we get enough interest) and that it is comfortable for everyone.

Special:

Thank you to ngamer and jayford for everything. You helped me run Melee/Brawl and I appreciate it!

Monk/toaster, thanks for bringing a setup and stream for Project: M. People enjoyed seeing it, and I'm sure the stream enjoyed it too.

I hope to host again everyone, but in the meantime...I hope you all had fun, thank you for such positive responses!

lol tiger sago

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
i will host another Brainshock
fixed for you

EDIT: And if there is another Brainshock, I promise not to leave any traces of bringing Capri Sun boxes or getting calzones. Freaking boxes cost you $100 in fines. LOL I'm so sorry for that. People enjoyed the Capri Sun though and Gamegenie222 and Teczero liked the calzone lol.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I promise not to leave any traces of bringing Capri Sun boxes or getting calzones. Freaking boxes cost you $100 in fines.
Wow, really? I always knew that some universities and other venue sites had problems with outside food/beverages, but come on...:urg:

Sago

Smash Lord
really a very fun tournament. It was the first time in awhile that i have enjoyed myself and yearned to improve. im too cool for shoutouts so ill just throw a few out there.

nicole- it was a blast teaming with you and hanging out all day :)
yoshq- come around more often you jerk
MN- its been too long, it was cool just chillin out with you guys and getting to catch up alittle
Domo- i killed myself twice against you and i apologize. ill just you a much more stressfull match next time we play :)
holmes- i will forever blame that tv or the stream or something. my powershield game was SOOOOO off i got hit by like 9000000 lasers. either way good stuff
pierce- great getting to play you again. and good **** beating the rest of IL :p i look forward to playing you again.
yink- good tournament. WAY TOO HOTT. i will DEFINATLEY come to the next one.

TIGER STYLE!!!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Domo- i killed myself twice against you and i apologize. ill just you a much more stressfull match next time we play :)
Alright. Someone who wasn't already part of the club finally admitted to SD'ing. Invitation sent.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Strong Bad: Nice meeting you though sorry to say I couldn’t try P:M. What happened in the match vs Jayford ? I thought you had it.
Hmm? I don't recall this. Creating Project M hype doesn't always involve trying to destroy my opponent, so that might have been it. It was only friendlies.

BPx

Smash Lord
Does anyone have Zeton and I's matches vs M2K/Fino? They were on the big TV on the right side of the room. I really wanted to see those matches again... :-( if anyone has them please send them to me. It would be Wario/Fox vs MK/MK Smashville (round 1) MK/Olimar Smashville(round 2) and MK/MK Brinsalt (round 3).

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Does anyone have Zeton and I's matches vs M2K/Fino? They were on the big TV on the right side of the room. I really wanted to see those matches again... :-( if anyone has them please send them to me. It would be Wario/Fox vs MK/MK Smashville (round 1) MK/Olimar Smashville(round 2) and MK/MK Brinsalt (round 3).
I have all 3 of them from YoshQ and will upload them, as soon as Dolphin stops being a total ****. >.>

That goes for...

Zeton & BPow vs M2K & Fino (all 3)
Zeton & BPow vs YoshQ & Triple R (both)
Oro & Kirk vs YoshQ & Triple R (both)
Sago & Nicole vs YoshQ & Triple R (both)
Holmes vs YoshQ (all 3)
= 12 replays to upload. If someone doesn't want any of these uploaded, speak up, because that's kind of a lot of my free time and bandwidth :p

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Mew2King - Order is restored
Ally - You had by far my favorite quote of the day. "Why is Wolf so broken?" "He was born that way"
Pierce7d - Fun set we had. I was actually kind of nervous to play you since your out of game approach is by far the most outstanding I've seen from anyone and I try to emulate it when I prepare for tournies. Next time in your region, let's rematch :)
Collin - You should switch to another character because Pikmin seem to hate you. 4 ghost pikmin in a match is more ******** than Nana could ever be. We are going to win it all. Soon.
Holmes - WHY IS WOLF SO BROKEN?
Domo - You are easily my favorite MK player to watch tbh and while we haven't talked too much it has helped me tremendously. Out of respect to that I actually followed the unity coaching rules in your Match with Fino and only said stuff between sets.
MJG - You have been such a tremendous help in getting me to where I have been and are such a large part to my quick improvement. I'm sorry I couldn't knock Pierce out before he went and tore through Kansas like it was nothing.
YoshQ - Sorry we could money match :( Normally would have, but had to preemptive john lol
Zeton - I think I'm starting to get a hang of the fox matchup. Sad you didn't pull the MK Slayer out against M2K, but we can't beat them all I guess lol
Sago - Thanks for the pregame advice on Pierce. Despite losing, it helped
Ripple - It was a fun match with you especially since we had that argument awhile back about whether ICs or DK had the advantage in the matchup.
MegaRobMan - I MIGHT have a job soon. IDK yet. Johns lol
FAE - One of these times we're at the same tournament, I'm going to find you and beg you to teach me Lucas.
Nicole - Sad we didn't get to play. I need that Peach practice
Nappy - wth where were you the whole day
Scythe - Nice Tourney Match
Mr. Doom - *high five sick person club
Trent - The Gameplan - Time Him Out
GameGenie - Why are you so chill?
Meneil - How are you so good at this game? I could not beat you with anything :( GGS though. You are too broken
Future - :( I did not reconvert you to ICs. Why are you so good at every character? I demand a double or nothing rematch
Tmacc - The only character I didn't get to play was the ROB :(
Wang - Fun tourney Match
Sean - The Trip was too fun. You're getting better and soon you'll be the best PLAYER in NE. Soon
Leroy - Thanks so much for housing us and dealing with us showing up at like 4:30 am the day before. If you ever need a place in Lawrence, let me know
The IL guys I played dubs with - Who were you? And fun games. I actually didn't feel totally incompetent with MK for once
Guy next to me that said Ban Brinstar against DK not YI - You won me the set :) :) :)

Adam - It was fun getting to know you better and riding with you. Had I not been so sick, I wouldn't have used my dibs powers to couch bounce you. Sorry :( Welcome to the Lab :)

Chloe - Good tournament. Sorry to hear about some of the aftermath stuff, but you'll get through it. I'll be at the next one, and next tourney we're at, we teaming yo. I'll unleash you on the other team while I just run away and heal you

Every IC that randomly got my number and texted me during my set with Pierce - Thanks for all the support guys! Rally behind me and I'll take us to the future of the metagame :)

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
Anybody want to help me out with characters outside of the top 12?
Sorry I don't know about everyone, and some people might've used more than one character
13: DeLux (Ice Climbers)
13: BPow (Wario)
13: Sword_Master91 :Metaknight:
13: Count :diddy:
17: Ripple :dk:
17: PFGC Indianaz Finest
17: MegaRobMan :wolf:
17: FAE :lucas:
17: DLA :ganondorf:
17: Nicole :peach:
17: Nappy :snake:
17: ook :dk:
25: Scythe
25: Zwarm
25: Jlo
25: Mr. Doom :ike:
25: Trent :sonic:
25: Akashi :marth:
25: Triple R :kirby:
25: Twink :marth:
33: Cool_guy69
33: D.Disciple :lucario:
33: Nom
33: GameGenie :falco:
33: NGamer3k :yoshi:
33: Eon
33: Joker :snake:
33: Rob Gambino :metaknight:
33: Meneil :ike:
33: Smeesh
33: Kirk
33: Oro
33: Future
33: Tmacc :diddy:
33: Wang
33: Thugz :metaknight:
49: Dund
49: L
49: Leek
49: Aura
49: BCRF
49: Zeal
49: Red Ryu :lucario:
49: Jaeke :lucas:
49: Weston
49: Schizm
49: Kuares :fox:
49: Hills
49: Dylan
49: Joe
49: Fujin :zelda:
49: Silver :pit:
65: Bishup
65: Leroy
65: Valk
65: Zozefup :metaknight:
65: SpongeJordan :lucas:

yoshq

Smash Master
btw i just love coming as the only person from wi (in brawl) and outplacing all of mn consistently, despite their various **** talk
oh and i use luigi. LOL

napZzz

Smash Hero
btw i just love coming as the only person from wi (in brawl) and outplacing all of mn consistently, despite their various **** talk
oh and i use luigi. LOL
consistently? lol

for someone who out places us so consistently why cant you beat us 1v1? :) you can only beat RRR and thats if you go metaknight LOL

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Sorry I don't know about everyone, and some people might've used more than one character
13: DeLux (Ice Climbers)
13: BPow (Wario)
13: Sword_Master91 :Metaknight:
13: Count :diddy:
17: Ripple :dk:
17: PFGC Indianaz Finest - if this was Jayford, then :falco:
17: MegaRobMan :wolf:
17: FAE :lucas:
17: DLA :ganondorf:
17: Nicole :peach:
17: Nappy :snake:
17: ook :dk:
25: Scythe :lucario:
25: Zwarm :peach:
25: Jlo :peach:
25: Mr. Doom :ike:
25: Trent :sonic:
25: Akashi :marth:
25: Triple R :kirby:
25: Twink :marth:
33: Cool_guy69
33: D.Disciple :lucario:
33: Nom :olimar:
33: GameGenie :falco:
33: NGamer3k :yoshi:
33: Eon
33: Joker :snake:
33: Rob Gambino :metaknight:
33: Meneil :ike:
33: Smeesh
33: Kirk :ike:/:bowser2:
33: Oro :marth:
33: Future
33: Tmacc :diddy:
33: Wang
33: Thugz :metaknight:
49: Dund
49: L
49: Leek :metaknight:
49: Aura
49: BCRF
49: Zeal
49: Red Ryu :lucario:
49: Jaeke :lucas:
49: Weston
49: Schizm
49: Kuares :fox:
49: Hills
49: Dylan
49: Joe
49: Fujin :zelda:
49: Silver :pit:
65: Bishup :metaknight:
65: Leroy
65: Valk
65: Zozefup :metaknight:
65: SpongeJordan :lucas:
Filled in some more characters.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I didn't win anything with Ike in singles I don't think...I did a lot better with Bowser. Maybe changing mains haha.

Fun tournament, host more!

Top Bottom