• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best jab in the game

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
peach's jab sets grabs and dash attacks and float canceled nairs, and sometimes even downsmashes much better than marth's jab sets up his moves in my experience.

I've seen XIF do stuff like Nair > jab > nair > jab >..... combos.

Ganon's jab is pretty good, but I don't see it leading up into combos as well as peach's.... Then again I don't play Ganon.

captain falcon's comes out incredibly fast
doesn't everyone's? I thought that was a basic characteristic of a jab.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
ye ganon does have a beast jab I don't think its the best for setting up combs generally its more like a foward smash, too much knockback, although wavejabbing chars at low percent with ganon is prety rockin.

I totally forgot about peach's' slap,

does anyone know where I can find technical data on the characters whose jab has

the most hitstun
the least knockback
and the fastest approach after jab.

otg

Smash Master
Ganon's is definitely the most beastly. The Doc/Mario/Luigi all have good ones, spacies/falcon, sheik, peach etc. I'm pretty sure that Marth, Roy and Link's jabs come out a frame or two after everyone elses, so thats a fail IMO.

L__

Smash Master
wow you guys all fail, we all know the best jab in the game is chuck norris'.

>__> pwns master hand in 1 jab, comes out in 1 frame. T_T

Then again, Bruce Lee's jab created the game...

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
wow you guys all fail, we all know the best jab in the game is chuck norris'.

>__> pwns master hand in 1 jab, comes out in 1 frame. T_T

Then again, Bruce Lee's jab created the game...
Hahahahaha omg a Chuck Norris joke that was so funny haha omg nice one man that was awesome LULZ OMG *bullet through my ****ING head*

N64

Smash Champion
hey, kevinm, chillax. you just wish you could be as funny.

Pika jabs with his face. And can infinate with it. Both awesome qualities.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
There are a lot of good jabs in this game, and they're good for different reasons:
Ganon - quick and knocks opponents away
Fox - can lead to u-smash
Link - stops most approaches (especially dash grabs) dead in their tracks
Falco - doing the 1, 2 punch annoys the crap out of people (not that useful though :laugh:)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
sheik's is probably best if you're trying to set someone up for a combo. it also has good range for a jab. if not her's, then fox's because of jab --> grab, jab --> u-smash and because fox is gay (like sheik).

ganon's is good because it's fast and knocks people away for decent damage.

soap

Smash Hero
marths jab is hard to get a guaranteed followup for me, but it is real good for spacing. i usually just jab then wait

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
Falco and fox's jabs are good for shield pressuring, and for giving people unwanted stun before a strong attack... but thats what all of the characters jabs can do... AH CRAP!

Metà

Smash Master
Why is there so little mention of Fox in this thread? It comes out in 2 frames, has little ending lag, and leads into an up-smash.

Jab --> up-smash is too good, son.

TrikELotus

Smash Apprentice
Sheik's always leads into a grab, and she has easy comboing after a grab. Sometimes the jab even leads into a dsmash. Even better, one jab on a jiggs at mid/high % will go directly into a fair.

Marth's jab sucks for combos, great for edgeguarding spacies, though.

Cap'n Falcon's is bad alone, but if you do a gentleman (A,A,A+Z and no HUHUHUHUH paunching), you instantly win.

Fox and Falco's are also very good. You will sometimes see Jab>Upsmash from Fox. My partner (a Falco main) often will often try (and succeed) Jab>Ftilt --- if I don't tech, he'll lay down a blaster, forcing me to get up, and will put a slightly charged Fsmash on my face. If I do tech, he'll just continue a combo. (<3)

Fox's will also lead into shines, and on many characters can go Jab>Shine>wavedash>usmash/uthrow>uair

I wish Jiggs had a better jab D:

Apparently Peach's is great too, but I don't try much else than a grab afterward, but I only play her to make my partner mad when he's not playin Falco :p

Top Bottom