• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battlefield 3

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I heard that everyone waits on the runway for the jets to spawn lol. Everyone wants to pilot them.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Just like the Helicopters in Bad Company 2 <_>
Ohhhhh vehicles. I don't blame them, though. Jets.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I expect lots of lag and glitches tomorrow when I play. I love the animations. (Like when you vault over rocks and ledges.)

S

smash brawl player 99021

Sad face it's not in 60 FPS. It really needs to be. D:
Dumb PC.

Actually looks pretty good.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
This beta is super glitchy, just saying.

Not finding this more entertaining than BC2, which I really didn't find entertaining anyways. Not impressed, really.

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah, I heard that everyone waits on the runway for the jets to spawn lol. Everyone wants to pilot them.
Just like the Helicopters in Bad Company 2 <_>
Ohhhhh vehicles. I don't blame them, though. Jets.
Now I know I'm old. This stuff has happened in battlefield 2 since the dawn of time.

Just wait until they start:

A. Teamkilling you for jets
B. Planting c4 on your jet as you take off and blow you up
C. Jump in front of your jet so you get charged teamkills as you take off.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Now I know I'm old. This stuff has happened in battlefield 2 since the dawn of time.

Just wait until they start:

A. Teamkilling you for jets
B. Planting c4 on your jet as you take off and blow you up
C. Jump in front of your jet so you get charged teamkills as you take off.
Sounds like fun! :cool:

S

smash brawl player 99021

Shoot, did I make a mistake downloading this? I'll have to see for myself...I'm still unsure.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Playing now, will edit post in a sec.

Server maint.

cool.

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
Ive been playing caspian border a lot now, and it is about 5x more fun than operation metro. Even with 64 players, the map is so big and has so many details that it doesn't feel crowded at all, but just right. There is a TON of vehicles on each starting point, too. I'll put a video up of my Caspian gameplay tomorrow.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I think they shutdown the servers on purpose cause they realized how bad their beta was and didn't wanna lose possible sales in the future because of it

:phone:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I think they shutdown the servers on purpose cause they realized how bad their beta was and didn't wanna lose possible sales in the future because of it

:phone:
Let's not make any assumptions, shall we?

did they really? that's pretty funny
It's unacceptable that the beta servers always melt even tho they clearly predicted that this would happen. =/

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I am amazing at this beta.

Sniper rifle is the best, I refuse to use anything else.

A few of my scores have been 34-2 25-0 18-0 28-5.

Was playing with a squad earlier where we didn't let the enemy get a single objective from the start and won the game, then went on to dominate 10 games in a row with them.

I actually like it, although there is a few things that they REALLY need to fix.

The flickery graphics when you look at stuff in the distance. the collision physics with certain objects, going prone on uneven surfaces, aiming down sights while right up against cover and finally the 74u is broken as hell.

Pikaville

Yeah there is a bunch of bugs.

Like if you quit a match you get infinite loading screen and you randomly get booted from matches too.

Browny

Smash Hater
No
Nah Nate I was kidding, but I won't be surprised if that's what it is.

This game has no panic knifing :(
Idea
Yeah it's not as smooth as in the cod games though, you wobble around during the dropshot animation iirc
At all. Is this the first beta youve ever played?

This isnt COD. Everything about it that ISNT cod, is a good thing.

Ive been looking forward to this for so long and will play it a lot, I played BF2/2142/BC2 a ton and competitively. This beta is disappointing though; metro is disgusting. Caspian is AMAZING and im p. mad they took the servers down. I love tank hunting so much, run around by myself as engi and just stalk tanks. It never gets old hiding and shooting a tank and they have no idea you are right next to them in their blindspot. They get out to repair it, shoot em in the back and steal the tank.

Sure you might go like 8-10 for a whole round or something bad but its so fun sneaking around and being the only player who brings down tanks which are dominating your team :p

Also, PC ftw :D

S

smash brawl player 99021

This beta is terrible.

Super buggy.
General Battlefield complaints.
Friendly's names are way too small.
Stupid ****.

S

smash brawl player 99021

It's really glitchy and buggy.
There's only one map to play on
and...
one gametype.

Browny

Smash Hater
The beta is fine. Just dont treat it like a demo, remember it will be buggy. it will crash, it will glitch.

Metro is still disgusting and possibly the worst map I've ever played in a battlefield series. I implore people not to judge the game by this beta. If you didnt get a chance to play on Caspian border, watch videos of it and how good it is. Metro is NOT an indication of the BF series at all and I fear the reason it was in the beta, was as a way to drag CoD players away as clearly the map is trying to imitate CoD gameplay. CoD is so refined though, you dont beat it by releasing a buggy, glitchy imitation. The bigger vehicle maps is what BF is all about.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
I don't even know if it's my computer that can't run it but it's really glitchy. One example is when I zoom in, some black lines appear almost like the graphics are glitching.

I played for 5 minutes and then stopped.

Pikaville

Yeah that is happening for everyone.

It's a very glitchy beta, I'm having trouble seeing how they are gonna fix it within a month.

The core gameplay is seemingly fine though.

Also Badger, I enjoy it because it's not the explosives/1 weapon ****fest that all CoD games become reduced to.

S

smash brawl player 99021

You're right. It's getting spawn sniped as soon as you spawn, gg.

Pikaville

Don't spawn on teammates under fire then.

I consistently manage to to pull games where I don't die even once and at the very worst die maybe 5 times.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Don't spawn on teammates under fire then.

I consistently manage to to pull games where I don't die even once and at the very worst die maybe 5 times.
Because it's a Beta and very few people know what they're doing.

Top Bottom