• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battlefield 3

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
So I got this game for dirt cheap for Xbox via a friend, and he had his receipts in the box. Took it back to Gamestop, said Origin wasn't cooperating in giving me codes that worked, and viola. /winning

Now then... Who wants to play on teh Ex-bawks? ._.

Browny

Smash Hater
Lol, pluvia doesn't even like cod that much. Do you just assume that anyone that doesn't like battlefield is automatically a cod fanboy?
And his criticisms so far have been 'Played less than a match' and 'its terrible'.

Well thats some awesome criticism were getting here and strikingly similar to 0/10 reviews you see for the game on sites like GFAQS by obvious CoD fanboys. So instead of scaring away people who might want to try this game, how about we get some actual reasons why its terrible?

The BF series have never been mainstream and few gamers actually enjoy it (unlike portal or something). BF3 is a great game doing exactly what it intends to do, but if someone plays BF3 expecting it to be a CoD game with superior graphics and destructible terrain, well of course theyre gonna get a rude shock when you spend more than half of your time staring at the sky after youve died.

Basically, BF3 is by no means a terrible game. Its different and its not for everyone but if you are the type who likes vehicle-based gameplay and where going solo is the worst possible idea and you get nothing for killstreak bonuses, then its great.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Well for one thing the vehicle controls are terrible. I've played Bad Company 2 and the helicoptors controlled far better, I have no idea why they decided to take a step backward and make them worse. Jets are useless, as you can see by watching the jets fly around but only get about 2 or 3 kills for an entire match.

The matchmaking system is by far the worst one I've ever seen on the 360, and when you do get into a match it will sometimes put you in the opposite team from your party, which is a massive design flaw that needs to be fixed. Even worse is most of the time it wont let you switch sides because "The servers would become too unbalanced".

Another thing is the spawns. 4 times I spawned right beside an enemy, once I spawned with someone directly in front of me who saw me spawn, and another time I spawned in the same room as 2 other guys. That's insane, you should never see people spawn.

The game also seems to be designed for HD TV's only. If you don't have one then you're going to have to move your face about 2 feet away from the screen if you want to see anything.

And finally the gun combat. For as much as I hate COD it's better than this. You don't get shot in the back nearly as much as this game. No skill involved in the kills of battlefield.

:phone:

M@v

Subarashii!
Keep in mind this game was made for pc first, then adapted for consoles. They really should of only released it for pc because the experience dumbed down a lot on consoles. But EA Bf3 is so insistent on competing with cod so whatever.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Well for one thing the vehicle controls are terrible. I've played Bad Company 2 and the helicoptors controlled far better, I have no idea why they decided to take a step backward and make them worse. Jets are useless, as you can see by watching the jets fly around but only get about 2 or 3 kills for an entire match.

The matchmaking system is by far the worst one I've ever seen on the 360, and when you do get into a match it will sometimes put you in the opposite team from your party, which is a massive design flaw that needs to be fixed. Even worse is most of the time it wont let you switch sides because "The servers would become too unbalanced".

Another thing is the spawns. 4 times I spawned right beside an enemy, once I spawned with someone directly in front of me who saw me spawn, and another time I spawned in the same room as 2 other guys. That's insane, you should never see people spawn.

The game also seems to be designed for HD TV's only. If you don't have one then you're going to have to move your face about 2 feet away from the screen if you want to see anything.

And finally the gun combat. For as much as I hate COD it's better than this. You don't get shot in the back nearly as much as this game. No skill involved in the kills of battlefield.

:phone:
They didn't fix that from the beta?

•Col•

Smash Champion
Eh, I still maintain peoples problems with it, are because its different.
Yes.

People hate it because it's different.

So different from the norm that it doesn't even work correctly.

As for the actual game, not too bad. Upset about how much damage you could do to the field. I can understand wanting to keep certain pathways/structures, but... After 11 hours of multiplayer, I don't think I've ever seen a building go down. Not even those dinky little 1-room buildings on the outskirts of maps. :/ Really disappointing.

A LOT of maps are designed to be really campy... Which just doesn't seem like what Battlefield was supposed to be about.

M@v

Subarashii!
"This December, go back to the four most loved maps from Battlefield 2, boldly reimagined with enhanced destruction in the Frostbite 2 engine. In this trailer, witness the very first ingame shots from Strike at Karkand, Sharqi Peninsula, Gulf of Oman, and Wake Island, from the upcoming expansion pack Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand. This expansion pack also features new weapons, vehicles, persistence, and the return of the classic Conquest Assault. Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand is out December 2011 at no extra charge with your pre-order, or available the same date at $14.99/1200 Microsoft Points."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyN_Zjw4l-s&feature=player_embedded

From what I've seen in the trailer:
-F35 Returns(:33)
-DPV Returns(:28)
-MG36 returns(:58)
-BTR-90 returns(:41)
-FAV returns(:45)
:28 seconds, there seems to be a bobcat like bulldozer being driven as the dpv speeds past.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Battlefield 3 bans issued across all platforms

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/14/battlefield-3-bans-issued-across-all-platforms/

EA has dishonorably discharged "hundreds" of Battlefield 3 cheaters and boosters. The publisher has banned and stats-wiped offending accounts that used known exploits. The company is still on the hunt, saying it has a "zero tolerance policy for cheating," so consider that fair warning.

The known glitches involve players earning tens of thousands of points in a round. If you happen to have experienced the "invincibility glitch" in a round, you likely didn't earn yourself enough points to garner attention on radar and a smack from the banhammer.

M@v

Subarashii!
Why does it say dishonorably? Do people really feel sorry for cheaters and hackers?
Dishonorably means they aren't sorry. In the real military dishonorably means you got kicked out and your pretty much ****ed for a job.

Honorably Discharged would mean that. This means you got wounded, something that was out of your control that prevents you from conducting your duty.

Browny

Smash Hater
All I care about is unranked servers so I can do what I want in them >_< I bought one as soon as I saw they are possible, but none of the server admin tools seem to actually allow it UGH.

In other news, my BF3 PC team got sponsored by an eSports brand :o Its pretty cool lol.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
All I care about is unranked servers so I can do what I want in them >_< I bought one as soon as I saw they are possible, but none of the server admin tools seem to actually allow it UGH.

In other news, my BF3 PC team got sponsored by an eSports brand :o Its pretty cool lol.
Congratulations! What eSports brand for BF3?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I still really have to get this game.

I wanna be a hero and jump out of a jet, snipe someone, then hop back in.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I got this game on tuesday, but my campaign disc won't load properly. It loads the opening cutscene, goes back to the loading screen after 10 seconds, and it's stuck in an endless loop. Anybody have ideas on how to fix this?

Browny

Smash Hater
Ive got all of em except the MK3A1 Jackhammer, which might take a while needing 2 hours on Sharqi and Oman...

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
Ive got all of em except the MK3A1 Jackhammer, which might take a while needing 2 hours on Sharqi and Oman...
You liking Conquest assault? It's actually kinda growing on me but not being able to search for either specifically is really silly. If you get a good team it's actually somewhat unfair to the defenders

Browny

Smash Hater
Conquest assault is the only game mode. everything else is a distraction.

Mostly because symetrical, balanced maps are lame and uninspired with very predictable outcomes if one team is marginally better than the other. CQA means one certain flag cap can mean the difference between winning and losing.

Also, there are very few things more satisfying than taking a boat to wake island peninsula and sneaking your way all the way to the airfield, and capping it solo. I would do it all the time in BF2, and did it again on my second try on wake in this game lol. (on a 64p server mind you :p)

Top Bottom