• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balancing Brawl+

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
1. Kirby's nado is smaller.
no. its the same size.
2. Priority. Sure, but guess what. It matters only in MK vs Kirby which MK can easily out prioritize the nado or a 2 v 2 where there is an MK in the match some where.
with the buffs given to kirby in B+ he's now to 5 easily. that with MK is still a daunting force considering the busted tornado is still in play. even assuming the MK is on the other team, you've nerfed him enough that what he does have to deal with tornado can be DI'd, and then abused.
3. Lack of DI-ability. I'm pretty sure MK can DI out of it considering he's floaty and the nado is smaller, and lack of Diability doesnt matter much in doubles when your partner is still there.
again, the nado is the same size. you can't DI out of the vBrawl tornado unless you get caught at the very edge and right from the beginning start DIing up, and only then will you be able to get out just before the animation ends. in doubles there's much more likelihood that your teammate will get caught up in the attack or that kirby will maneuver the tornado to dodge them while still maintaining his hold.
4. Move is smaller. Easier to outreach and outprioritize. It's still a high priority move but that's just a positive trait of the move.
again, you need to look at them. kirby's tornado is not smaller than MKs.
5. The reason why it could be used as a combo move is because MK had extremly fast aerials. Kirby's fastest aerial is Bair and that cannot be used successfully after EVERY successful nado.
there is 0 landing lag. on most stages he can land and followup with a bair faster than the opponent can recover thanks to hitstun.
6. Kirby can only Star Kill with Nado by hitting high up. He can't combo into a star KO nado. Uair has too much lag to do that.
just because its hard to do doesn't mean its impossible. the sheer fact that he can send people up and then chase them with the Nado to an almost inescapable kill on a large number of stages should tell you its not a balanced move on anybody.
7. You can fly anywhere with Nado? Kirby can just about move anywhere in the stage so that doesnt matter.
move anywhere <<<<<< move anywhere as an out prioritizing hitbox. not even close.
8. Outprioritize? Not just about anything, but a lot because that's just a redeeming quality of the move.
a redeeming quality of a move that was specifically picked out and nerfed to the point where it is unusable? really?
9. little opportunity to punish? If you can't punish a kirby as METAKNIGHT. You need to get better.
hitstun make even MK's ability to punish Nado weak. on top of that, if its a teams match then you aren't necessarily fighting them with MK. lets see link punish tornado with his blindingly fast moves.

OH. Here is the kicker. You can force Kirby to lose his power. He has a nado? Smack him around or make him lose a stock. Look at that. Nado is gone.
*get near team mate*
oh, look, another tornado. how convenient!

Stop complaining about a situational power that affects certain match ups in singles AND doubles and can be forcefully removed by the opponent and doesn't reward Kirby the same way it did MK in Brawl.
stop making up bull **** to avoid doing the work to make a change that actually needs to be implemented.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
no. its the same size. I disagree, but Ill have to check it out when I get the chance.

with the buffs given to kirby in B+ he's now to 5 easily. that with MK is still a daunting force considering the busted tornado is still in play. even assuming the MK is on the other team, you've nerfed him enough that what he does have to deal with tornado can be DI'd, and then abused. This so called busted tornado is only in play in Singles in a match up in which MK has the advantage in and in doubles where the nado is no where NEAR broken.

again, the nado is the same size. you can't DI out of the vBrawl tornado unless you get caught at the very edge and right from the beginning start DIing up, and only then will you be able to get out just before the animation ends. It IS possible to escape the Nado. It's not impossible. It might be hard, but its possible.

in doubles there's much more likelihood that your teammate will get caught up in the attack or that kirby will maneuver the tornado to dodge them while still maintaining his hold.

In doubles, there's much more likelihood that your teammate will help you out of a nado or that kirby will simply lose his power.
again, you need to look at them. kirby's tornado is not smaller than MKs.
there is 0 landing lag. on most stages he can land and followup with a bair faster than the opponent can recover thanks to hitstun.

There is infact landing lag on the move. Its just really low. :V
And he can follow up with attacks a low to mid percents, just like everyone else an follow up with a move after another move. o snap.

just because its hard to do doesn't mean its impossible. the sheer fact that he can send people up and then chase them with the Nado to an almost inescapable kill on a large number of stages should tell you its not a balanced move on anybody.

Chase. It is in no way guaranteed against MK and in doubles, he can be intercepted way before he even gets a chance to connect.

move anywhere <<<<<< move anywhere as an out prioritizing hitbox. not even close.

It's a quality of the move that is reduces in the MK match up and doubles.

a redeeming quality of a move that was specifically picked out and nerfed to the point where it is unusable? really?

It was picked out mainly because of the character attached to it.

hitstun make even MK's ability to punish Nado weak. on top of that, if its a teams match then you aren't necessarily fighting them with MK. lets see link punish tornado with his blindingly fast moves.

Kirby wont have Nado in a singles match up against Link and in Doubles, you can punish Kirby nado simply by ganging up on him. Also, Link has zair and Zair > Nado. GG.

*get near team mate*
oh, look, another tornado. how convenient!

Oh please. Only an incompetent team would get ****ted over by MK/Kirby nado whoring and be completely unable to HIT kirby enough for him to lose his power. If you can't ****ing hit kirby enough to force his power out of him, you would of gotten destroyed anyways. MK team mate or not. AND MK can EASILY remove Nado from Kirby in singles. He HAS THE ****ING ADVANTAGE. HE HAS SPEED, RANGE, AND PRIORITY OVER KIRBY.

stop making up bull **** to avoid doing the work to make a change that actually needs to be implemented.

Stop spitting bull**** to change a move far from overpowered and works less for Kirby than brawl MK and has a ******** amount of specific conditions to be fulfilled only to allow situational tactics in specific match ups.
Seriously. And stop looking at the move as if Kirby has it all the time. It only applies in ONE match up in singles for christ sake and its not a good move to spam in doubles simply because of Team Attack and that **** can backfire so easily.

And in singles. You have to get inhaled to get his power. If you never get inhaled, Kirby never gets his power. Doubles, its more likely to happen, but kirby is still almost 3x more likely to get hit and lose his power.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Magus has already handled the tornado issue in a post 5.0 fix. However, this will not be included until such a time as 6.0 is released, it seems, as that is what the majority (or a least more vocal group) wants to be so.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
This is what I have to say about changes to 5.0
I hate the reasoning that you guys have where you say "we can't make X change because then we'll be forced to make a bunch of other changes".

All you have to do is set a limit. But there is no reason to set that limit so arbitrarily and absolutely. There's no reason to make such limits just because you don't feel that your good enough to avoid going down a slippery slope situation.

Not to mention that changing one move in one character isn't exactly a radical change. Sure it may change a couple matchups, but unless it's an absolutely staple move like G&W Bair it's not going to completely change the characters metagame. Things that are considered overpowered should be changed, because it's a simple patch that doesn't change much but makes the game better.

When valve releases an update for Team Fortress 2 they usually have patches within a couple weeks after the update to fix things that went wrong. That's because there is no way to be 100% sure that nothing will go wrong, so they release it first and then fix any mistakes that they missed afterwords.

What you actually SHOULDN'T do is change physics/make experimental changes, as those actually can really change a characters metagame. Stage changes, aesthetic changes, glitch fixes, and changing single moves considered OP is FINE. None of those things radically change the metagame.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
@Matt, the WBR is split on the issue and the majority or at least more vocal section of the community opposes changes, even if they're (imo) small, sensible tweaks to things we admittedly messed up.

Frankly, people will complain either way, but for now things are staying as they are.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Again why does that matter? So it was a weak throw. Who cares. Peach is more then viable in brawl+ and wether or not her new fthrow kills as well as her other ko moves it's still a added ko move to her arsenal that she didn't need and was only added because yall have the power to do so.
Yeah, I can't believe her Fthrow was buffed to be a KO move. Falco vs Peach is already so difficult as is, this just put it over the top. Geez, I wish some would decide to give Falco a finishing throw too... No but seriously. she combos unbelievably well, especially against FFers. In addition, she can survive more than most of the cast can. Her recovery is so good, thanks to her float, that it's almost impossible for certain characters to effectively edge-guard her. Seriously, it's almost pointless.

I struggle to NO end to kill peach as Falco, and I simply can't land finish blows. I try simply playing campy, retreating constantly. But why must I be FORCED to camp her EVERYTIME? Basically, my point is that Peach doesn't need this sort of tool. She is already rediculous with out it. It's so frustrating that Once Peach is high enough in % Falco's finishers can't be comboed into. He can't Bair her to death off the stage, as she can float away. Bair from center stage generally will NOT kill. Uair is impossible to land at higher percents, as she can just float around in the heavens, then come back down. She's far out of Falco's reach. Shine to Bair is destroyed by DI at high percents. There's almost no way to effectively finish her has Falco. I'll bat her around at 150% just to have her barely knock me off, and finish me at a lower percent, gimping my recovery, or knocking me off at a funn angle that renders my recoveries useless. To make things worse, as I struggle to do much against Peach, even when she's 150%+ all she has to do to kill me is grab. That's it. If I'm around 110-120% or so I'm done, especially near the edge. If I'm higher than that I'm almost absolutely finished no matter where on the stage she grabbed me. It's ridiculous because she already has it good enough as is, but now she needs an insta kill grab? Falco has to work waayyyy too hard for a kill on Peach, and now she has yet another tool to counter him? It's so stupid that at 200% none of Falco's throws will kill her.

Rant aside,

either give every character a finishing throw, or take it away from characters who don't really need it.

I'm not kidding when I say that almost all of my friend's kills (who mains Peach) are via Fthrow. What does that say? It's literally EZ mode for her.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, why should you be forced to use your character's main strength to make life hell a character who can wreck you at close range? Why should you play to win in a game that is meant to be competitive? Such demands of players are maddening.

Also, if you get grabbed by Peach at high damage, that says more about you than it does about Peach.

1. You got grabbed by Peach at damages she can't possibly combo into her grab without a hitch. At high damage, her grab is hard to land and she's not fast enough on her feet to simply throw out grabs, which also have short reach compared to most other characters.

2. You probably missed DI on fthrow. It's easy to DI on reaction unless you're playing online, where that's all thrown out the window.

3. The KB is around the same/less than Peach Nair, and since throw KB is weight dependent in this game, Fthrow will be KO'ing at damages higher than her Nair would have KO'd at, anyway. Nair is a low-end KO move, even by Peach's lacking KO standards.

The effectiveness of fthrow right now when DI'd properly is greatly overexaggerated. It can't come close to shifting any matchups.

Peach also has very little reason to fthrow a fast faller anywhere that isn't the edge. Also considering each of those characters run circles around Peach, it's a wonder she can get grabs on them at all unless they play sloppily.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Wait, the Kirby nado is being adjusted? How does that change anything?

vs. MK? MK easily beats it. It nearly useless here.
Doubles? I don't remember the MT being broken in doubles in vBrawl, nor do I remember Kirby/MK team being a broken combination.

And Kirby's nado IS smaller. The actual tornado is visibly smaller then MK's. Unless it has some ******** disjointed hitboxes outside the nado that match the size of MK's tornado, more attacks should be able to beat it.

It's not that I'm oppossed to it being changed. It's just that it won't really change anything other then maybe Kirby on a MK/Kirby team won't even bother copying MK.

zxeon

Smash Lord
Situational moves are OK....for everyone. Ganon was the worst in Vbrawl. That doesn't mean you should buff the utilt to make it combo or buff the B move to make it easy to land. Main point is, there were a lot of character changes that got out of hand. Case and point: There really is no need to make DDD's fsmash sour spot trip. There was nothing wrong with the original sour spot that you need to make it more useful.

Everyone can have situational moves. I'm not saying there shouldn't be any at all, but if a character has only three good moves and only one of them can KO that might be the reason it's at the bottom of the tier list.

I'd appreciate it if you could give me a list of all the moves that shouldn't be modified and the methods that are strictly off limits I'd be really grateful. That way you don't have to be the one that has all the answers. Then I could relieve you of your posting obligations.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Yeah, I can't believe her Fthrow was buffed to be a KO move. Falco vs Peach is already so difficult as is, this just put it over the top. Geez, I wish some would decide to give Falco a finishing throw too... No but seriously. she combos unbelievably well, especially against FFers. In addition, she can survive more than most of the cast can. Her recovery is so good, thanks to her float, that it's almost impossible for certain characters to effectively edge-guard her. Seriously, it's almost pointless.

I struggle to NO end to kill peach as Falco, and I simply can't land finish blows. I try simply playing campy, retreating constantly. But why must I be FORCED to camp her EVERYTIME? Basically, my point is that Peach doesn't need this sort of tool. She is already rediculous with out it. It's so frustrating that Once Peach is high enough in % Falco's finishers can't be comboed into. He can't Bair her to death off the stage, as she can float away. Bair from center stage generally will NOT kill. Uair is impossible to land at higher percents, as she can just float around in the heavens, then come back down. She's far out of Falco's reach. Shine to Bair is destroyed by DI at high percents. There's almost no way to effectively finish her has Falco. I'll bat her around at 150% just to have her barely knock me off, and finish me at a lower percent, gimping my recovery, or knocking me off at a funn angle that renders my recoveries useless. To make things worse, as I struggle to do much against Peach, even when she's 150%+ all she has to do to kill me is grab. That's it. If I'm around 110-120% or so I'm done, especially near the edge. If I'm higher than that I'm almost absolutely finished no matter where on the stage she grabbed me. It's ridiculous because she already has it good enough as is, but now she needs an insta kill grab? Falco has to work waayyyy too hard for a kill on Peach, and now she has yet another tool to counter him? It's so stupid that at 200% none of Falco's throws will kill her.

Rant aside,

either give every character a finishing throw, or take it away from characters who don't really need it.

I'm not kidding when I say that almost all of my friend's kills (who mains Peach) are via Fthrow. What does that say? It's literally EZ mode for her.
To me, it sounds like you want Falco to be EZ mode if you don't like the fact that you can't combo into kill moves at any %. Brawl+ is already in EZ mode because literally all characters can still combo to a degree at high %s. There is nothing wrong with not being able to combo at high % because you had plenty of opportunities to finish them off when said combo is supposed to work and if you haven't killed them by high %s, your options should be very limited and you should have to work harder to just land that killing blow.

Why must you be forced to camp her? Because that is her playstyle? You shouldn't expect that all matchups should be played the same way. Some characters, even in melee, looks like a brawl match because the only way to play smart against them is by camping better than they can. If you don't like it, then you should pick a CP character that doesn't need to camp Peach to win. Everyone has matchups they don't like. Tough.

Yes, her float is unique and can be difficult to edge guard, but it isn't impossible. She only has one flinch hit box on her umbrella and she can't stay in the air forever. You just need to learn to read her better and be smarter. It can be done.

You are also trying to fight this change by saying that it will disadvantage Falco even more instead of looking at the entire roster. Did you know that Peach's Fthrow was a viable way to kill people in Melee as well and that there was no problem with it?

Zxeon: You lost your right to post ages ago.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Although I don't see it as a huge problem, I don't understand what the reasoning behind buffing peach was in the first place. It doesn't matter if it's a tiny buff like that, because this really didn't increase her depth or do anything useful for her besides her just being better. Really all it did is give her another kill option that she doesn't even need.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Did the Peach buff shift any match-ups? Or is it just another change that effects nearly nothing and their isn't really a good argument for or against it besides "Why/why not"?

IMO, changes like the latter in the end come down to just whether people like it or not. Since they aren't changing match-ups or changing general playstyles of the characters, it basically ends up not too different then something like Wario's coin pummel (I may be reaching).

If the F-throw buff is shifting match-ups, it probably should be removed. If it's just there, well it just comes down to do we like her having it or not...

Dan_X

Smash Lord
To me, it sounds like you want Falco to be EZ mode if you don't like the fact that you can't combo into kill moves at any %. Brawl+ is already in EZ mode because literally all characters can still combo to a degree at high %s. There is nothing wrong with not being able to combo at high % because you had plenty of opportunities to finish them off when said combo is supposed to work and if you haven't killed them by high %s, your options should be very limited and you should have to work harder to just land that killing blow.

Why must you be forced to camp her? Because that is her playstyle? You shouldn't expect that all matchups should be played the same way. Some characters, even in melee, looks like a brawl match because the only way to play smart against them is by camping better than they can. If you don't like it, then you should pick a CP character that doesn't need to camp Peach to win. Everyone has matchups they don't like. Tough.

Yes, her float is unique and can be difficult to edge guard, but it isn't impossible. She only has one flinch hit box on her umbrella and she can't stay in the air forever. You just need to learn to read her better and be smarter. It can be done.

You are also trying to fight this change by saying that it will disadvantage Falco even more instead of looking at the entire roster. Did you know that Peach's Fthrow was a viable way to kill people in Melee as well and that there was no problem with it?

Zxeon: You lost your right to post ages ago.
Nope, this has nothing to do with me wanting any changes to Falco, I just have a deep hatred for Peach, and get wound up over her too easily. She's a 2-timing ****. :p

No but seriously, her grab isn't hard to land at all. Her slap -> grab is sooo fast, it's a good set-up.

I know the Peach matchup real well, I've been playing her forever. It's not new to me to camp her, it's just, now she's even more potent than she was. She's a jerkface.

I just don't see why she needed a killing fthrow, that's all.

I'll just have to camp better next time, perhaps pitch a tent or something. ;)

Maybe I'll just kill her with Ness. ;)

this thread business is totally stupid

agreed.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Yes, why should you be forced to use your character's main strength to make life hell a character who can wreck you at close range? Why should you play to win in a game that is meant to be competitive? Such demands of players are maddening.
Lol. I still stand behind peach's fthrow buff being pointless but yea ryoko is right, How the hell are u complaining about camping when that is your char main strength? Common sense will tell u you should camp against a char that can destroy you up close. Lmao.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I really didn't care for the fthrow buff at all.

in fact I'd be fine with the crappy as **** bomber as long as we had this awesome umbrella :D

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
This is my first post in this thread, so my opinion will likely matter less then it should, but my opinion is one that needs to be voiced for the simple fact that it will bring me some sense of attempt to help with the issues that I find in Brawl+. Post Summery at the end of "------"

this buffs for nerfs business is totally stupid.
I agree with this statement. It may provide a character more options in combat, but it also lessens the effectiveness of other options which, in turn, lessens the effectiveness of a character because the nerfed attack/part of the character will remain the better option over the buffed. I'll use a few of my main and secondary characters found in my signature as examples.

Look back to Melee Falcon. While no professional or expert with Falcon, I have played around with him and found the things that work. I find myself using the N-Air, D-Air, Down-Throw, and Up-Throw to start a combo. I then use Aerial attacks to continue it. That combo either ends in me making a mistake or with a Knee, Up-Air, Up-B. Those moves are the ones that I show in a fight most often mainly because they are good. On occasion I use something like the 3 Tilts to give me some breathing room or disrupt my opponent. The same thing goes for the jab.

Buffing the Down-Tilt to act like a Down-Throw did and nerfing the Down-Throw to make it easier to DI against won't make me switch my tactics to using Down-Tilt just as often as the Down-Throw. Just because it may be the better combo starter doesn't mean it is the best option. After all, the difference in cool-down and start-up between the two is to great to ignore. The only way to make it better is to make as fast, if not faster, then the Down-Throw. However, if combo-starting was an issue to begin with, why not buff the Down-Throw to be less DI-able? It'd save time and people wouldn't have to attempt to change play-styles to take advantage.

Please keep in mind that I am not referring to Melee as a concrete example of what Brawl+ should be. I am merely using Melee Falcon as an example because some of his combos are well known and are more likely to be recognised by non-Falcon players.

Summery
---------------------------------------------------
What I'm trying to say that, for the sake of game balance, it is not necessarily the best option to provide buffs in some areas and nerfs in others in equal amounts. This effectively nullifies the buff and reinvents the problem. Sometimes, in fighting game balance, it is necessary to make a character better without touching the things that make the character good in the first place. Not all one-way streets that end in a Rainbow will have a pot of gold. It may contain nothing more then an empty pot to put fondue in.

The Main Point (DO NOT POST IN RESPONSE TO THIS ALONE!) Also notice the caps and bold. It means I really advise taking that advice.
----------------------------------------------------
Just because there is a move that is under- or never-used doesn't mean it should be made more useful at the cost of another move's usefulness. Chances are that it is underused because another move is the better option in most cases. Hell. Nerfing anything in an attempt to make a character better usually creates more problems then it solves. It could even dull the game down.

I hope to contribute to this thread quite a bit more for now on. Unfortunately, nearly all my posts here will be this long. Also, if that smash sign is yellow, you can rest assured that, if I don't post within 5 minutes of a response, that I am no longer at my computer and I simply left the window open.

I am also sorry if I derail the thread from it's current "Peach F-Throw" buff issue. So, my opinion on the matter:

She doesn't have many fast kill options, so this was a good addition. However, her Comboing Ability is very good and can become insane at the highest levels of play*. She also has very fast GTFO** moves and fast, great damage-rackers. But, when we consider that the F-Throw buff isn't over-the-top in terms of power, it can be seen that it makes her better without really hurting anything.

Due to her nature and the various play-styles that work well with her, she is naturally going to be good against some other characters. When the Brawl+ project is complete this will still be the issue. Eventually we will all have to face the fact that some characters will do better then others simply because of nature. The only way to change this is to change the nature of a character in question. That is never a good idea when it comes to game balance.

* I try to play at the highest level of play in any and all games. It's just what I like to do. If what I can do isn't considered to be the highest level of play then I must be close to the threshold of what is considered "the highest level of play." Of course, "the highest level of play" is subjective and varies from person to person, so your mileage may vary.

**If you can still Float-Cancel N-Airs then it can be a very good, very fast, and very effective defensive option. She also has the Down-Smash, Neutral-B, and even a random Up-B to aid in this.

Again, sorry for the long post. Thank you for your time.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Did someone say they NERFED dthrow!?

Dthrow is one of the best combo moves in the game, as it can combo, but only under certain circumstances. It's not like "OMG perfect unDIable combo every time" Ness fair, you have to predict DI. It's true dthrow>knee is very useful against fatties at low percents, and it's very easy to hit with at 140%+, but by that time, you should have killed them waaay earlier, and the knee's full power would never have been put to use.

The best time to avoid dthrow>knee is at percents where you might actually be in danger of getting a stock taken off at 90%, the knee's real use.

∴ dthrow was perfectly fine and there was no reason to nerf it, even if you were improving dtilt, which is SLOW AND MOST PLAYERS BARELY USE.

weird_lion

Smash Rookie
Agreed. As a Yoshi main, I am glad that we havve depth and less predictability. DJC is a very helpful technique (see Fumi in Melee :) ) and gives Yoshi options. It also helps KILL heavies. DJC'd Up-air is an excellent juggler.

Mr. Game and Watch's up 2 is an excelent juggler for every CPU... even nasty's but they suck lol

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Mecakoto guy, that post was just awesome and I agree with everything you said...

although I still think the peach fthrow buff was uneeded. I'll say it again, hell, I would be fine with the crappy side b as long as she gets to keep her umbrella awesomeness <3

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I have to say that I don't agree. Having a buff-nerf tradeoff make a character more shallow or dull simply means that it was done in a bad way. Good b-n tradeoffs should either:
1. Increase depth
2. help with matchup balance
3. Get rid of overpowered moves (in effect this can actually be linked directly to #1 but I thought I would include it anyways)

Really what we need to do is what we have been doing already: Experimentation until we find a good buff and a good nerf for a character.

It's people who are resistant to change that hurt this cycle, as they let bad changes stay in when they are failed experiments and they keep good changes out (often an improved form of a failed experiment) because they arbitrarily decide that this is the point to "stop" at.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Mecakoto, what you don't understand is that these buffs and nerfs aren't in equal amounts. Peach had several aerials weakened, as her damage output at the beginnings of stocks was outrageous, often going into the 60s and 70s from 0. Several of her aerials were weakened, and her fair was given a slight kb boost to offset some of the nerf and give her another option in a KO situation. It is by no means her best KO move, and Peach is by no means a great KOer even with the buff.

And we know quite well that not every move needs to be useful. If a character in general is lacking, of course we consider some of its weaker moves to bring up to par. But we don't plan on buffing individual moves because they are overall poor.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
On the subject of characters retaining situational and even bad moves, see Dk, Jigglypuff, and Marth. DK and Marth still have crappy dash attacks, and thankfully Jigglypuff's ground game is still pretty awful.

And did someone say something bad about the Falcon kick buff? I'm sorry, but as Dedede I shouldn't be landing bairs on Falcon after he sucessfully hits me with that thing.

Top Bottom