• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balanced Brawl Standard Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOE!

Smash Hero
no, dthrow isnt good in that the opponent is 90% of the time in a position where bowser CANNOT follow up.

as for the claw, they can simply roll away before you can even take a step forward to be in claw range...

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
No.. follow ups in Brawl are not always guaranteed.

Actually, most of the time they aren't.

If they roll away, so? Dash forward and punish such a terrible choice.

And yes, theyt ARE put into a punishable position. Being DIRECTLY in front of Bowser is ALWAYS a bad position.

Think more and stop trying to say that because it isn't easy, it sucks.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Could somebody post a tutorial how to install this on a pal wii? I have homebrew channel already but I'm a n00b <_>

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
actually, you can edit individual grab release animations, it isn't a universal value. the designers just thought it'd be better to change all of them. i don't agree. there are uses for grab releasing that aren't abusive like the air releases on wario/squirtle/etc and ground breaks on ness/lucas and for bowser on pretty much the entire cast. i think fixing the animations for characters that get really screwed by it (meaning infinites or one grab = death), as well as slowing down bowser's releasing animation a bit, would have been good enough and preserved the grab releasing option for other characters.

JOE!

Smash Hero
No.. follow ups in Brawl are not always guaranteed.

Actually, most of the time they aren't.

If they roll away, so? Dash forward and punish such a terrible choice.

And yes, theyt ARE put into a punishable position. Being DIRECTLY in front of Bowser is ALWAYS a bad position.

Think more and stop trying to say that because it isn't easy, it sucks.

what im trying to say is that the point of the Lowered KB was for setting up stuff for bowser to do, but instead, the oppoentns get out faster, and are usually away from you just enough for a follow-up to be easily seen and countered in some fashion.

if they roll away, bowser is STILL IN LAG from Dthrow himself, makign dashing forward probably a bad idea as the opposition is probably allready counter attacking you...

so, Dthrow in retrospect is only good for some damage....not much else.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah, nobody cares if you prefer Brawl+ over it. This is made to be an improved Brawl; if you didn't like Brawl in the first place then why would you like this?

Also, A2ZOMG is just dead wrong about Bowser. It's mind boggling to see ANYBODY say that Bowser is WORSE than in vBrawl. Removing his unwinnable matchup versus Dedede alone is a big enough buff to make up for his grab release gimmicks as it is, but they also buffed his matchups with MK, Snake, Falco, ICs, Wario, etc as well as giving him a huge buff to his already good moves (+1 to ftilt and upB is really significant in itself). Couple that with making his Dthrow and Dair now quality moves really makes me skeptical that Bowser could go anywhere but up.

Its not of my opinion that he's particularly impressive in BBrawl, and could likely warrant another small buff or two, but to say he's lower than where he was (a spot given to him because of his unwinnable matchups) is, in my honest opinion, pretty ********.
Tell me what matchups Bowser actually wins, and I'll consider this statement. My opinion is that Bowser doesn't really have any new matchups that are easily in his favor, and thus because other characters got significantly better, Bowser simply is getting left behind in terms of favorable matchups.

Bowser still has the same problems that made him fundamentally low tier. Not very many safe tactics. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE recovery, the worst in the entire game by far in terms of predictability and options that can be used to punish it.

D-air buff is alright, good against people who spotdodge a lot (which honestly, you shouldn't be doing against a good Bowser player in the first place since Klaw already ***** spotdodges). The increased value in edgeguarding with it I guess helps on the last stock.

D-throw buff...is alright, but still nothing compared to Snake's D-throw in terms of limiting options, since if you have enough space...you can just run away.

Bowser's most significant buff from my experience is the Up-B buff. The extra damage and power on this move is very important on such a staple move. However this ultimately still doesn't stop people from just approaching Bowser defensively, where his problems still exist.

Ultimately Bowser still doesn't have very many really safe options against defensive play. He's still about baiting people into his shield game, and Klaw hopping to get around defenses as safely as he can, and that can be beat by just knowing how to space an Up-air against him.

And Bowser's recovery...seriously, his recovery is ridiculously bad. His aerials are all unsafe, and his Up-B is awful due to how predictable it is. Down-B has terrible priority (Mario's U-tilt beats it) and telegraphed startup which can also be punished. Bowser unlike most characters has next to no vertical variation on his recovery, meaning he ALWAYS has to recover in a position that is in range to be punished. Against someone who doesn't suck, Bowser is easily the one character who can expect to take multiple hits upon returning to stage if he doesn't get outright gimped. Most characters with good DI have stuff that can be thrown out safely and is relatively unpunishable on reaction. This really is not the case for Bowser at all, he has nothing that's actually safe to throw out on descent.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
Can u use the custom colors for stages and characters and music in BBrawl like in brawl without homebrew channel?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I think the disagreement about Bowser stems from that one side is talking about Bowser's new position in the tier list, and the other is talking about the actual properties of Bowser's attacks and moves.

At least that's my impression. Could be wrong.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
This is just going to be the Ness discussion all over again. A bunch of people telling you that you are wrong, but you ultimately ignoring it LIKE YOU ALWAYS DO, and eventually people get tired of trying to convince you otherwise.

Bowser is clearly a lot better than he was. You made the original statement that said Bowser is worse than he was in vBrawl. It was clearly false. I don't feel the need to argue with you on that at all.

If you are simply saying, like JOE said, that you think Bowser's relative placement is lower than where he was, I can agree with that, and that would make this a miss-communication on your part. That's fine if it was a communication error between us, but I can't agree that Bowser is lower than where he was placed in vBrawl if it wasnt.

I would just like to leave it at this statement: While Bowser still has similar weaknesses (but obviously much less drastic, as his weakness to CGing really isn't even there, as is Sheiks Ftilt nerf), they buffed his strengths enough to make up for it. I think the root of the issue is that you underestimate how useful having +1 to a single move is. Adding +1 to a LOT of moves, especially GOOD moves like upB Ftilt and Fair, really makes him stand out for hitting hard, despite not being able to hit as often as someone like G&W. +1 to G&W's Fair would be really significant move buff, so just think how useful a series of those buffs are for Bowser.

I never thought personally that a bad recovery is an issue at all for Bowser. His recovery isnt a "candidate for the worst" like you say, for one thing, but recovery can be remedied by having great DI, and DIing hits to the upper corners of the blastzone. Saying his is the worst in terms of predictability and being unsafe is plain false when you consider everyone and their mothers know how an Olimar or Link are going to recover and their lake of invincibility that Bowser can at least boast. Bowser doesn't have huge issues for defensive gameplay, like you suggest he does, whereas Ganon does. He has numerous options for punishing spotdodges, dair is so much better equipped at beating out air dodges, Klaw is one of the best anti shield moves in the game, Bowser has the ability to BREAK shields with DownB, firebreath is safe on shield and if they spotdodge it, etc etc. I don't think this is ultimately among his fundamental issues.

I'm not going to argue beyond this point about Bowser, though. You are like Yuna for the fact that you don't stop arguing and you have your mind set, but Yuna could boast the ability to be right a lot more than you can. Feel free to contest my points, just don't expect me to keep arguing with you.

Also, I secretly hold out hope that you meant Bowser is worse relatively compared to characters instead of being worse than his vBrawl counterpart. That is something I can agree with, but I don't agree with him being worse than he was at all.

edit: Just because I don't know if you still check the G&WBR or not, I wanted to post here that I confirmed your bit regarding G&W's head not having a hurtbox on his Usmash! I always suspected something like that, but your thread had me check it out thoroughly. Thanks for that!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
When I say worse, I always mean worse off on the tier list when I'm talking about BBrawl. Nobody is denying Bowser got improvements. These improvements ultimately don't make him fundamentally better however, and don't really give him any new favorable matchups. I'm not going to bother talking about trivial things like how Bowser is obviously better than his vBrawl counterpart. I'm only going to discuss why he isn't on par with the other characters that also got changes in this game.

Mr Esc, I'm betting you haven't played G&W vs Bowser ever huh? Bowser's recovery is ridiculously terrible. If you don't suck, he'll take 60% upon returning to the stage or something ridiculous regardless of how well he DIs. It's a combination of edgeguarding him with D-air if he recovers low, F-air if he's from the side, N-air and Up-B if he's from above, literally, Bowser has no real way to deal with certain edgeguard tactics. He's one of the most helpless characters in the game at anti-edgeguarding.

The invincibility frames Bowser gets on Up-B are very situational. Bowser can't just randomly Up-B to escape pressure because of the horrible landing lag of his Up-B.

If Link and Olimar DI well, their recovery is better than Bowser's. Olimar's SA frames on Down-B can be quite difficult to punish and allow him to get a free hit in return. Olimar's midair jump is also MUCH better than Bowser's at helping him avoid edgeguarders and increasing his options. Link's projectiles are safe moves if he has good DI, and his tether gives him variation in his recovery at low-midrange distances from the stage. Yes, they are easier to gimp. However they are much harder to actually punish on reaction. The key thing about Bowser's recovery is that it's the most easily punished recovery in the game. This makes it the worst recovery in the game in various matchups, such as vs Mario's Cape, and vs people that have good spikes.

Bowser's Klaw is alright for getting past shields if people don't expect it. You can simply just run up and U-air him if he's trying to do that. Bottom line is he still sucks at getting past defenses.

Firebreath is unsafe on HIT. You can SDI into him and punish him even with Ganondorf. <_________<

His D-air sucks less now that it actually does a billion damage when you land it. Still doesn't make it a safe move, nor does it help Bowser do anything more safely. At least edgeguarding with it is better on the last stock.

Bowser's Down-B is terrible. Terrible priority (beaten by Mario's U-tilt), telegraphed startup (it only goes STRAIGHT down, unlike Ganondorf's Down-B which is allowed to come down from an angle), and terrible ending lag. The first hit doesn't even combo into the second hit due to it getting air dodged. It's like G&W's D-air except everything about it is fundamentally plain worse.

Even with all those damage/power buffs, Bowser isn't the only character that got those. He still doesn't have any really safe tactics (which includes lacking safe KO moves) and now, many more characters in this game have left him behind with new moves that have become safe KO moves.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Sorry to interrupt the current discussion... and also sorry to go to a different topic, but I have a question, and I've searched a bit for the answer to no avail... so I thought I would ask people who know better than I.

Is there any way, currently, to load Brawl+ the same way as this? just through the SD card, or is that impossible thus far, to load without the HBC?

Again, I apologize for the off-track-ness of this, but I figured there might be people who know in this thread...

Azure Flame

Smash Apprentice
Heres a question:

I downloaded the whole deal. Got BB and my textures and what not.

How can I put this code in?

Colored shields [Phantom wings] (20 lines)
4A000000 80F59A60
14000088 FF3AB700
14000090 FF000000
140000A0 FF000000
140000A8 00000000
4A000000 80F59ED4
14000088 00FFFF00
14000090 0000FF00
140000A0 0080FF00
140000A8 00000000
4A000000 80F5A348
14000088 FAF9E100
14000090 FFFF0000
140000A0 FFFF8000
140000A8 00000000
4A000000 80F5A7BC
14000088 88FCAE00
14000090 00FF0000
140000A0 00C00000
140000A8 00000000

I believe thats the code to get the cool sheilds I see in most B+ videos. How can I get it into BB though?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Downlaod the .txt file for your version, load it in Code Manager, add that code, and simply make your own .gct file.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
When I say worse, I always mean worse off on the tier list when I'm talking about BBrawl. Nobody is denying Bowser got improvements. These improvements ultimately don't make him fundamentally better however, and don't really give him any new favorable matchups. I'm not going to bother talking about trivial things like how Bowser is obviously better than his vBrawl counterpart. I'm only going to discuss why he isn't on par with the other characters that also got changes in this game.

Mr Esc, I'm betting you haven't played G&W vs Bowser ever huh? Bowser's recovery is ridiculously terrible. If you don't suck, he'll take 60% upon returning to the stage or something ridiculous regardless of how well he DIs. It's a combination of edgeguarding him with D-air if he recovers low, F-air if he's from the side, N-air and Up-B if he's from above, literally, Bowser has no real way to deal with certain edgeguard tactics. He's one of the most helpless characters in the game at anti-edgeguarding.

The invincibility frames Bowser gets on Up-B are very situational. Bowser can't just randomly Up-B to escape pressure because of the horrible landing lag of his Up-B.

If Link and Olimar DI well, their recovery is better than Bowser's. Olimar's SA frames on Down-B can be quite difficult to punish and allow him to get a free hit in return. Olimar's midair jump is also MUCH better than Bowser's at helping him avoid edgeguarders and increasing his options. Link's projectiles are safe moves if he has good DI, and his tether gives him variation in his recovery at low-midrange distances from the stage. Yes, they are easier to gimp. However they are much harder to actually punish on reaction. The key thing about Bowser's recovery is that it's the most easily punished recovery in the game. This makes it the worst recovery in the game in various matchups, such as vs Mario's Cape, and vs people that have good spikes.

Bowser's Klaw is alright for getting past shields if people don't expect it. You can simply just run up and U-air him if he's trying to do that. Bottom line is he still sucks at getting past defenses.

Firebreath is unsafe on HIT. You can SDI into him and punish him even with Ganondorf. <_________<

His D-air sucks less now that it actually does a billion damage when you land it. Still doesn't make it a safe move, nor does it help Bowser do anything more safely. At least edgeguarding with it is better on the last stock.

Bowser's Down-B is terrible. Terrible priority (beaten by Mario's U-tilt), telegraphed startup (it only goes STRAIGHT down, unlike Ganondorf's Down-B which is allowed to come down from an angle), and terrible ending lag. The first hit doesn't even combo into the second hit due to it getting air dodged. It's like G&W's D-air except everything about it is fundamentally plain worse.

Even with all those damage/power buffs, Bowser isn't the only character that got those. He still doesn't have any really safe tactics (which includes lacking safe KO moves) and now, many more characters in this game have left him behind with new moves that have become safe KO moves.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Speaking of changes that I think should happen to Bowser, I think specifically, reducing the landing lag of his Up-B should be considered. Even without the hard landing, the landing lag of his Up-B is pretty terrible, and with the hard landing, it's just cripplingly awful.

Considering how bad his recovery is in how easily it's gimped, and punished in general, he should at least be given a little more leeway for landing on stage. When you consider how Bowser literally can't recover safely AT ALL on a stage like FD, it's very depressing.

Liquid Gen, you're just spamming. If you think I'm such a bad example, don't be an idiot, set a better example.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
A2ZOMG. I'm not going to argue about Bowser anymore, as I said, but I want to let you know that I am QUITE familiar with the G&W vs Bowser matchup, and in all likelihood I am more familiar with it than yourself. I, unlike yourself, main G&W and am really pretty familiar with all of his matchups. My brother mains a Bowser who outplaced me at tournament on one occasion so I don't consider him bad. More than this, I have played the matchup on wifi on several occasions, though you may not take wifi as a true indicator of knowing the matchup.

Point is, I know the matchup just fine, thank you.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I main both Mario and G&W and know their matchups.

I've played a number of good Bowsers too. Both offline and online. The short story is they only beat me on ridiculous wifi lag.

You may or may not know InsomniaK, but he's a guy that's ranked on the SoCal PR before. He's good with a number of characters, including Bowser. He beats me when I use different characters, but pretty much I breezed through his Bowser with G&W.

The point still remains Bowser is a pretty limited character.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Lol, oh ****, called out.

Bowser is nowhere as bad as you make him out to be. You don't even main said character you are trying to argue as bad.

Bowser never had any particularly terrible matchups (excluding Dedede and IC's, the first of which had his CG removed, and the second may as well have), thus, Bowser is automatically better.

His recovery is not NEARLY close to worst; Link and Olimar are both more easily edgeguarded, as Kirinblaze, a prominent Link main has testified. Obviously he gets edgeguarded, it comes with the nature of his up b and his size; but clearly no where near the lengths to which you describe.

Bowser can easily conquer spam with both use of dair and ftilt; ftilt obviously clanks with most, excluding lasers (which aren't exactly threatening anyway), and dair also outprioritizes projectiles and intercepts the opponent (it did this as well in vBrawl, probably the only time I used it).

Also, when Bowser lands with his upB, depending on how far you were from the ground it lands either hard or softly, as you know. The soft landing is negligible, not as bad as you also make that out to be. I do agree that the hard landing is pretty bad though.

I still don't see why you feel the need to debate about a character you know next to nothing about, though.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Dude, I've played this character before and against him. I even managed to record a BBrawl match of me using this character. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UF8o_VTqzU

It's not about Bowser having terrible matchups. It's that more of his matchups are disadvantaged. That automatically means you're not as good as most other characters. Okay favorable matchups...I think he beats Ike, Ganondorf, Sheik, Zelda....and who else?

I've actually played good Bowsers before (like InsomniaK's) and the lengths to which I describe Bowser being edgeguarded HAVE actually happened when I'm playing at my peak. Bowser is much more susceptible to being spiked and Caped due to having to recover more level to the edge than Link and Olimar. Yes, more characters can gimp Link and Olimar, but at the same time, there are more characters that can handle Bowser's recovery and punish it very easily, and if they can punish it with a move that gimps, Bowser is worse off than Link and Olimar (when full DI is factored for all characters).

F-tilt doesn't stop projectiles that are angled intelligently. You might not call laser camping threatening, but if it limits and forces the approach, that's all it needs to do, since Bowser isn't good at approaching.

Bowser might have cool stuff...I'm just convinced that most characters are better off competitively in high level play.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Have you even USED dAir, A2? When it connects, it traps the opponent inside it, then either smacks them downward to death, or across to stage so they can't punish.

IT IS AN UPSIDE-DOWN WHORENADO NOW

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Forget about it LiquidGen. A2ZOMG argues regardless to whether or not he knows the character (See: Ness). It's just not worth your time to try and convince him otherwise.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Have you even USED dAir, A2? When it connects, it traps the opponent inside it, then either smacks them downward to death, or across to stage so they can't punish.

IT IS AN UPSIDE-DOWN WHORENADO NOW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UF8o_VTqzU

Used it twice for that matter.

When your opponent stops spotdodging and approaching carelessly against Bowser...yeah. Good luck landing it. =/

Bowser's D-air as far as I'm concerned is more like Ganondorf's D-air in BBrawl...better on shields and spotdodges, less combo and KO potential and not as safe on miss. Both are fairly situational attacks that you can only really count on for punishing mistakes.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
@thinka:

if you're winning more than losing with each character....which characters are they beating/which are losing? o.O
Lol, it's definitely not each character, BBrawl can't defy the laws of logic.

Also, keep in mind before I say anything that this is obviously biased with just the people I played with on the days I posted those impressions for. For example, we have a ROB main here who is newer (less than a year) into the scene; still good and still improving faster than the rest of us, but our game is still ahead of his. I said that ROB "wins his fair share", but it definitely wasn't a majority because the other players had a slight edge on the ROB main in these particular tests.

Obviously plenty of characters don't win as much as they lose. For those particular days I posted... Uh, Mario, Peach, Wolf, Sonic, Meta Knight, Fox, and Snake I remember not winning as many.

I'm pretty sure that in all recent tests, in general all characters are winning AT LEAST 25% of their matches and NO MORE than 75%. It's probably close than that too, but I'm just making a rough guess here.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Lol, ok.

This is getting no where, as you continue to argue that you absolutely know a certain character because you've played a supposedly "good" (never heard of InsomniaK at all so I won't judge) main of said character. I've played Reflex. Does that mean I know all the ins and outs of PT? No.

And if you resort to "But I've used Bowser before I know him ok", no, you don't, the only way you can really know him and several other characters (Like Mario, for instance), is months of experience with said character. There is no other way to fully understand a character.

With that, I leave the fruitless arguments to you other people.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The priorities in this game are simple.

Safety first, ease of landing various staple moves, then KO/damage power.

That's all you need to know. Characters don't take months to pick up and understand in this game. This isn't Melee where you need tons of technical skill and knowledge to properly use your options.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Although I do agree with Liquid in regards to playing a character for an extensive period of time being the only way to understand the character... he's still overall wrong.

The road to victory is paved the same way for every character in brawl: rack up damage and KO. To prevent others from victory... you don't get hit and have decent recovery skills. This is of course generalizing.

What A2Z is trying to point out is that Bowser has very few competitive advantages. Sure he can rack up damage, but only if he can land his hits. Which isn't as easy as the way... about 30 or so characters in the roster rack up damage. He can KO well, but his KO moves also are hard to maneuver into a competitive match. (As Bowser, you have to choose whether or not you're going to spam fortress as a punisher or save it as a reliant KO option (and if you're smart, you'd constantly use it as a punisher.))

He has great survivability, both vertically and horizontally, but his recovery is still rather predictable. Even worse, it's not difficult to rack up damage on Bowser at all, somewhat belittling his weight advantage. Overall. you guys are missing the big picture. I've heard several of you state that his match-ups aren't as bad as before... but are they good? Are they even... even? Or are they still not in his favor?

I'm sure you've watched this Liquid... but in case you haven't, or at least need a reminder...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltqgP-Xgceg&feature=channel_page

Bowser is not good. Viable in the competitive scene? Maybe... hell, probably. Good? Stop kidding yourself.

Anymore argument over Bowser/Ganondorf being anything but low tier... go to a tournament with that attitude and your character and watch what happens. I've already admitted Samus isn't as good in the competitive scene and am slowly finding ways around it. Stating your character is good when he/she/it clearly isn't will get you no where however.

EDIT: I do disagree with A2Z with the Lucas/Ness argument. Although... I'm a bit tired of reading and talking about it. Perhaps another time we can discuss those two characters again, especially Ness.

EvolveOrDie

Smash Cadet
/fail

So I suck at this game pretty much <_<
but I do strive to get better

Anyway, those are important priorities I give you that but unless you can apply that to the character it's worthless. The other problem is that in theory no character with a frame 1 invincible move should ever lose but we know that practically they can't and that is what it comes down to practicality. We can assume much in regards to a characters performance but we can't assume perfection. <_< I think i started rambling again. *sigh*

Also in regards to Bowser recovering <_<

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I've already admitted Samus isn't as good in the competitive scene and am slowly finding ways around it. Stating your character is good when he/she/it clearly isn't will get you no where however.
Samus in vBrawl right?

She had pretty crap KO power and rather unimpressive damage per hit in vBrawl, but I mean she always fundamentally had SAFE damage dealers that are rather easy to land for the most part, some of which could occasionally be used as KO moves (albeit at stupidly high percents). She was also heavy and unlike most low tiers, had an ASTOUNDINGLY good recovery. Her disadvantages of course (pitiful reward on movepool) did make her terrible competitively in vBrawl.

Of course you know why I think she's amazing competitively in BBrawl lol.

Eyada

Smash Apprentice
Im sorry but i have to ask again how can i use the texture and custom colors without the HBC?
Go to the first post in this thread.

At the top there is "Balanced Brawl" in gigantic letters.

Below that is "Download Link".

Below that is "Alternate Download with File Replacement (Textures)". <--- Download that and use it instead of the regular BBrawl files.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
or you could do it the way I did, (the harder way) and actually edit the .gct file by downloading the .txt file to have the file replacement in it. The only benefit from it is that you can add other codes to it.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
Go to the first post in this thread.

At the top there is "Balanced Brawl" in gigantic letters.

Below that is "Download Link".

Below that is "Alternate Download with File Replacement (Textures)". <--- Download that and use it instead of the regular BBrawl files.
thnks i missed that, i admit im a noob when it comes to all this wii hakin n' stuff. haven't played brawl since like a year and know this balanced stuff is interesting

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
:ike:

Aerial Quick Draw no longer causes helpless fall state
This above any other change seems to be the most ... questionable.

Why was this change made? It seems to have made the character, well frankly a different one, like Ike2 or something. But this is only a preliminary and cursory viewpoint. After using him a while I may find that it isn't that major a change, but already I've gotten some nifty kills using aerial quick draw as a setup...

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
Im sorry to keep posting about this, but is not working I downloaded the alternate file but its the same original textures and colors, dont know what to do> maybe im missing some steps that i dont know

Eyada

Smash Apprentice
From earlier in the thread when someone asked how to get Textures to work:

There's a couple threads on this very forum that will extensively answer your question.

Go here to learn where to put textures on your SD card (texture hacking is as simple as creating some folders on your SD card and putting things with correct names into those folders):

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225642

Go here to find a lot of places you can find textures to download to put onto your SD card:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=232455

Further questions should probably be kept in those threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom