• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BADAZZ is way too small a word

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Oh, I said Dair when I meant DSmash. But I meant Nair for the first one. Thanks for catching that. >.>

:034:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Nair needs a name that is Plural Related, since it involves 2 Kicks.
The Hydra has multiple heads.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Sex Kick.
Nuff said.
But. . . but it's not a sex kick. ._.

Nair = Split breaker.
o_0

... I'm.... I'm just not feeling it....

Zigma where we gonna put the name of Hydra in here? Come on, honestly.

Remember the first rule. We can't name any move something that any person out there wouldn't recognize or call the attack as though it were obvious. Falcon only has one knee, so Knee does the work for him in Knee of Justice, and Justice caught on like our own Murder.
Ganon doesn't have any attacks that another attack isn't somewhat like - except his "Jab" (I've got a solution to what Kalm doesn't like about it, btw) - so we have to use the names, probably every word in them, to force the meaning into one interpretation.
(and by the way, Double-Cross has a plural! It's a double cross! A cross is like a trouble, or a curse - a mental affliction, something that bothers or harms.)

Except for the Specials. Specials are known by special names anyway - and in Ganon's case, it's like a matter of trivia to even know what his Up-B or down-B were really called in Melee. So when we get to those, it'll just be a matter of us agreeing. That's where we can pull out all the stops.

*~*~*~
I wish Ganon's ftilt made the sound that Snake's nair does. Then it would really be like a shotgun. 9_9

:urg:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Quite frankly, every character's Niar is called "Sex Kick"

I wish Ganon's ftilt made the sound that Snake's nair does. Then it would really be like a shotgun. 9_9

:urg:

How about "Cop Kick" for Ftilt?
>_> ?
You know like when a Cop kicks a door in.

As for Nair... I think we should pick Double Cross.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
Quite frankly, every character's Niar is called "Sex Kick"
Not all nairs are sex kicks, the original definition for one is something like: 'It erects quickly, then gets weaker over time' or something similar to that, so moves like Samus's nair and Luigi's nair are sex kick's, because there is an initial, strong hit, then after that a weaker hit that goes on for a while.

It's a joke, Ganondorf's Nair is not a Sex Kick in the traditional sense, like other character's have, but an adjective used to describe the Kick itself.

When talking about Ganondorf, one must use extra Capitalization.

Cop Kick is a horrible name, it has nothing at all to do with Ganondorf. And normally, only a door is kicked down by cops, Ganondorf is more likely to kick down the ENTIRE HOUSE!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Cop Kick is a horrible name, it has nothing at all to do with Ganondorf. And normally, only a door is kicked down by cops, Ganondorf is more likely to kick down the ENTIRE HOUSE!
Wait... Did you just take that as a serious suggestion?

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Next move:
Pummel

I remember someone said "Knee of injustice", right? I think it was PK.

Anyway, I like it.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Wait... Did you just take that as a serious suggestion?

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Next move:
Pummel

I remember someone said "Knee of injustice", right? I think it was PK.

Anyway, I like it.

No no, that was the Fist of Injustice.

For his left hand. The one he Murdah Paunches with. Also does other unkind things. Then you have yet another muse for any taunting and/or mockery you want to pull on people you hit.

Knee of Injustice is so incontrovertibly nice (nasty?) that I don't see anyone beating it.
I myself wouldn't know how to name it anything, as it is just a pummel. You use it when you grab people for a prescribed number of times before throwing them, depending on their damage. Not really a source of creativity. >_>

"TASTE INJUSTICE, PUNY WRETCH!
"What's that? This isn't as epic, manly, or thrilling as lining up an aerial sweetspot?
"CRY SOME MORE."

*MuaHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!
*fthrow*

*dair*

*uptaunt*

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
That was me. :)

Glad you like it.

Well, I like it.
Not the least bacause how well it balances up things Vs C.Falcon.

Right as you Respawn after he KO'd you with his Knee shouting "Knee of Justice!", you can simply grab him and pay back reverse the favor with a couple of Pummels as you start shouting "Injustice, Injustice, Injustice! "

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Well, I like it.
Not the least bacause how well it balances up things Vs C.Falcon.

Right as you Respawn after he KO'd you with his Knee shouting "Knee of Justice!", you can simply grab him and pay back reverse the favor with a couple of Pummels as you start shouting "Injustice, Injustice, Injustice! "
there is so much win in that scenario I think I might die if it actually happened

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Pummel should be called "The Herniator" because your opponent has a high chance of suffering a hernia when you knee him in the balls.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
The knee of injustice doesn't even come close to 'returning the favor' after ganon gets KoJ'd (Knee of Justice'd) off of the screen.

Just saying.

And falcon's pummel is like ganons, so it would become a grab contest for who can hurt eachothers sack most. *shudders*

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
The knee of injustice doesn't even come close to 'returning the favor'
That's absolutely correct; it can reverse the favor though.:p

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Next move:
Uthrow

I dunno about this one...

Hellevator?
Push up? >_>

PS/
We'll do his most awesome moves later, so that PK's Poetical brain won't explode due to stress.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Death's Cheer... because it looks like he's cheering

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Pillar of Destruction?

Something with pillar or tower sounds good.
Let's call it "GanonsTower.com"

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Seriously though:

Tower of Ganon
Tower of Dragmire
Peak of Death Mountain
Death Mountain Peak
(Top?)
Sky Ride
Royal Lift
Catapult Fist

finnishmatthew

Smash Rookie
Why is his pummel called "knee of justice." Ganon doesn't strike me as a justice kind of guy. How about "knee of hell.", "knee of suffering." or something like that?

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Oh Z1Gma, I'm already sitting on a number of names. You're going to love Up-B. Like I said, it's like it actually becomes good again.
I'm working on these names between Web excursions every day.

I never thought of anything like these Uthrow names, though. Tower of Ganon, Death Mountain's Peak, Death's Cheer? Good ****. He does look like he's cheering. And it presents a disturbing irony that supposes Ganondorf derives cheer from Death. :eek:

Awesome, rawesome ****.

My mind went to one place.

See, Ganon's Uthrow is kinda weak. Its his weakest tied with dthrow at 8%, and doesn't combo into anything, but isn't strong enough, usually, to set up any air pressure; the opponent will just drift away and secure a safe landing.

However, I've found it to have a couple all-important uses. These uses exploit the fact that the attack gets the opponent off the ground, and quickly. Against Ice Climbers, I've found that in the right circumstances - with balls - you have to upthrow any Climber that you grab. It knocks the Climber far enough away that you won't be CG'd, except for Sopo's CG. If you grabbed Popo, though - which is more likely since Popo is in front, as long as you don't get read - Nana won't do anything very smart with you.

Also, uthrowing Snake is, in almost all circumstances, preferable to doing anything else. Even at the ledge, Snake will stay pretty safe by just going over dairs. Uthrowing him, though.... puts him where he has no air game. With platforms or not, he's going to have trouble bearing all his power on you. If you get the throw (which you shouldn't), that is how Ganon can get something in this matchup that Snake can't.

The name I wanted to figure was one that would give this feeling... of how you took control of the match with a simple motion... a motion that exploits Ganon's height, and Ganon's brutality. He just punts you up there, tearing you away from the ground and all the additions that being on the ground affords you.

He divorces you from the ground. It's not precise, it's not pretty. He sunders your existence from its Earthly bind, and leaves you, splintered, to fend.

Severance

I don't know about you, but the idea of sickly intoning "Sever!" every time I use this on Climbers fills me with glee.

@Swoops: I'm working on a hilarious innuendo for Usmash involving 'Pillar'. Also, Z1Gma has something for Destruction.

EDIT: @Z1Gma:

The Up-B Grab, I guess. But a name for the whole move, it could be; we'd just cut out the base noun for both parts.

But couldn't it be combined with something more?

Fist of Severance, for example..?

Or is it better off alone?
You tell me. *raises eyebrow*

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I like the word Severance.
But couldn't it be combined with something more?

Fist of Severance, for example..?

Or is it better off alone?

- - - - - - - -

Also:

Severance makes me think about a strategic action.
So, the word Strategy Tactical could be used for Uthrow, as well.
Like Tactical Gauntlet.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Gerudian Sacrifice

It does look like hes about to rip the opponent apart. That, or sending their battered body up to the "Gods" that keep condemning him to death. lol

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Sorry, I don't know **** about 1968's Olympics :o

@Darky-sama... I get the point, but Severance has a deeper meaning to it.
go look it up. I didn't know what year it was, but I'm sure if you type in 1968 olympics and look at images you'll know what I was talking about :)

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I think Severance is better on its own. On any individual occasion, you may see fit to alter to taste, with Astral Severance, Sever from Firmament, Severing Fist, Gauntlet Severance, Soul Sever, whatevs.

I looked up the 1968 Summer Olympics. I initially liked it as a fun one. Market research shows that inserting long names is always well received.
However, I. . . don't want to reference that. I know one of my friends would say this is my "boringly repressed" nature betraying itself, but that's how I feel.

The other name I like is Death Mountain. At first I thought Death Mountain's Peak, but I looked into other words for 'peak' to see if there was a nonarbitrary equivalent. I found, and was remembered to the fact that, 'mountain' itself can mean the top of something.

... and if it can, then the phrase "Death Mountain" can actually mean "The utmost of Death; the limit, the extremity, the height of Death."

And that's badass. Badass in a way that we can couch in the fanboyish reference to the canonical Death Mountain, to prevent it from cycling around to lame-ry (pronounced LAY-mur-ry — like the name 'Murray'), the concern of which shall be my next point.

-->
I knew there would be a factor, at the start of this, that any explicit mention of Death or Gore or such things would not , as a rule, be successful. I don't have an explanation for why, but I'm sure we all have a sense of the truth that "If you try too hard, it sucks." =\

That is why I have prized indirection in the names. A good name must match the move not only in content, but with the right intensity. Some moves really do want an over-the-top name (I think Fsmash does). Some moves want titles that sound weak, but addle you when you think about them - and manage to work under the stressful circumstance of actually getting hit, in a competitive match, by Ganon.
And some names - of which I've had a flurry of breakthroughs of late - you, yes, want to be intense, but also, to take in a different direction than people expect. Go for imagery that is not the obvious... but has a chilling resemblance to the move when the two are indeed put face-to-face, a resemblance that one can't help but be awed by.

This is what I've found I think for Wizard Kick. I'm still ironing out one choice made, though. . . .

For this post, I think I'd like to tell you what I came up with for Up-Special. For that, I just need you to see this:

Wraith /reɪθ/

—noun.
1. an apparition of a living person supposed to portend his or her death.

(Emphasis added)

The full name:

Resurging Wraith

Raikou_Cypher

Smash Cadet
I love these names you come up with pk-ow...your reasoning is really great with this sort of thing. However, while I'm all for something like Severance (When I say that, I mean the way it sounds, regardless of the context of the move), I can't just sit around while I read your latest post. First let me say that "Wraith" is amazingly PERFECT for Ganon's upB, but resurging makes it sound...awkward. When you think about it, or say it out loud, you can't envision it as something "cool." I'm going to use "Wyvern's Tail" as an example here. It flows, in a jagged, feral sort of way that comes across as really badass. "Resurging Wraith" doesn't flow at all in my opinion. And also, "resurging" isn't a word :s Some suggestions, just to bounce ideas off of the community, all feature some synonyms of "resurgence," and are listed below:

Wraith's reawakening (as in, reawakening from the dead)
Wraith's resurrection (ditto)
Wraith's renascence (I'm pretty sure it comes from renaissance, which literally means "renewal," hence the next suggestion...)

Wraith's renewal
Wraith's rebirth (this still comes from the concept of coming back from the dead)
Wraith's quickening (there are two kinds of beings, the "quick" and the dead)
Wraith's revival (still on "back from the dead")
Wraith's resurgence (almost exactly like yours, but fixed [by that I mean no fake words] maybe it was the "ing" at the end of "resurging" that threw me off)

You get major props for thinking of all of these names

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
How about Resurgent Wraith?

I knew 'resurging' wasn't a word (however surprised I am at that), but thought 'resurgent' would... have the problem you just said.
... however looking at it now, I feel more confident in it. o_0

I also came across renascence ("Renascent Wraith"), but... it seems kinda nerdy.

I felt sure that there was a word that could mean "electrifying" but got that sense from literally meaning "high" or "up-going"; it just took me months to find it. :embarrass

EDIT: Oh btw I still like 400 babies! If you watch the vid and say it like that guy, it's %&#$ lolz. Probably the best option if you connect with a character that can **** you out of the attack.

Raikou_Cypher

Smash Cadet
Resurgent sounds a lot better, to me at least XD renascent doesn't have enough syllables (lol)

I don't know what it is with me and possesive names... O.O

Resurgent wraith for upB is totally made of win

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
About up+b... Is it the Grab or the Punch, you're discussing?

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Next move:

Bthrow

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Grim Turn.

Or Dread Reversal.

See, Dread is its own adjectival form. (Knowing that, try reading it again.) There is no word 'Dreaded', except the verb. So it is a reversal which is an object of dread.

It is also a reversal of dread — i.e., turning around the misfortune, pressure or what have you, of the match to your opponent. It sure feels like that when I shield grab at the stage ledge into an edgeguard scenario. Especially against low-recovering characters.

I'm glad to have your thanks, Cypher. There's always a moment of trepidation proposing something in the guise of confidence, and those words make it better. :)

... where's everyone else? Ganonsburg? red8? Shouldn't we group up?

Z1Gma, I'm confused by your question. Do you know Resurgent suggests surging, as in an electrical surge? If you were a native English speaker I'd be concerned.

By the way, though, with 'Wraith' in hand, 'Spite' for the punch seems even darker. :evil:

Oh yeah, and now that I've said this name, I can tell you my idea for how the attack could work. =O
Later.

POWER!
ENERGY!
POWER!
ENERGY!

MORE ENERGY THAN
your body has room fooorrrrr. . .

weinner

Smash Apprentice
Boot of Shame.

1. Your opponent should feel shamed for being killed by a throw from Ganon. (highest kill potential of Ganon's throws)
2. You should be shamed for not using The Junk-Buster or Dirt Nap instead instead.
3. Your opponent should feel shamed for getting grabbed in the first place.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Z1Gma, I'm confused by your question. Do you know Resurgent suggests surging, as in an electrical surge? If you were a native English speaker I'd be concerned.
Pk-ow worry must not need not. Z1gma english can not know Mother Launguage like Swedish.
Not first priority nor Ice Cream. :) Hard-English

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Both Grim Turn and Backlash are good.

I'd love a name with Sole in it, though.

Also... I just came across the word Gauge.
It could be used for Bthrow in some way.

When I hear Gauge, I also think about our Ftilt.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I'm pretty sure Gauge means "to measure" or, as a noun, "something that measures"

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I like Dread Reversal. Grim Turn and Backlash are good as well, but Dread Reversal has that next layer of meaning.

Z1GMA, for "Sole" we could have Dark Sole. This works because he's hitting you with the sole of his foot, which probably never sees sunlight. It's dark in a literal sense. It's also dark because it's from Ganon. Which is where the pun comes in. Ganon's darkness comes from the very depth of his soul; it comes from his Dark Soul.

Top Bottom