• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BADAZZ is way too small a word

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I like Dread Reversal. Grim Turn and Backlash are good as well, but Dread Reversal has that next layer of meaning.
I thought Grim Turn and Dread Reversal were about the same; different approaches to the same idea, really. I favour Grim Turn because my disposition suits its lighter tone.
It's sort of fun taking a cliche expression and doing something new with it. :p

Backlash is intriguing. . . I could get behind it. [this space needs a kooky eyebrow-raising emoticon]

Z1GMA, for "Sole" we could have Dark Sole. This works because he's hitting you with the sole of his foot, which probably never sees sunlight. It's dark in a literal sense. It's also dark because it's from Ganon. Which is where the pun comes in. Ganon's darkness comes from the very depth of his soul; it comes from his Dark Soul.
Ah, but then Dark Sole could apply to any one of Ganon's boot attacks. ftilt or even dtilt, none of them are different.

Backlash is good for a throw, because it just suits the grab -> followup mechanism. Also interesting how it points to the same concept as Grim Turn. I'm very contented with the word's definition. :)
You know what, definitely. It matches the fact that bthrow gains K.O. power better than any other.

Z1G, I'm not sure what the word 'Gauge' does for you. It's rather disconnected from anything to do with attacks. o_0 Does it sound or look like some word in another language you know? This sort of thing happens...

lol ice cream.

:046:

Superspright

Smash Lord
I never thought I'd watch someone dissect their own pun piece by piece. :S That offended my intellect so much I think I threw up in my mouth. Gah, my brains.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I never thought I'd watch someone dissect their own pun piece by piece. :S That offended my intellect so much I think I threw up in my mouth. Gah, my brains.
Sorry, AP English. I do a lot of it out of habit now. Not to mention there are people who don't have English as their main language.

Now that I think about it, Grim Turn and Dread Reversal are pretty similar. I didn't think about Grim Turn too much, but it too has that layer of meaning below the surface.

:034:

Raikou_Cypher

Smash Cadet
Grim Turn and Dread Reversal...

Both of those fit the move really well... XD

@Z1g:
If you wanted to do something with "gauge," then you could say something about the angle formed by Ganon's back leg kicks out. Looks like 225 and 135 degrees to me... O.O and then you could have "gauge," of course, as a measure of the angles... o.O

However, both suggestions stated in the first line of this post are infinitely better, imo.
If I had to choose though, I think I would go with Grim Turn over Dread Reversal. They both are very good fits for the move, but first: when I hear "grim" I think of a calculated attack, where you continuously put pressure on your opponent before you finally hook them with a bthrow, and the battle takes a Grim Turn for the opponent, like if you push him over the edge with your throw, and it turns into an edgeguard situation. Second, "Dread" sounds like a monstrous attack, that really fills your opponent with Dread when you hit them in it (something nearly unavoidable that combos into a warlock punch [exaggerated example], or something with kill potential).

So...in conclusion...Grim Turn ftw ^^

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
So...in conclusion...Grim Turn ftw ^^
Alrighty, then.
Grim Turn it is.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Next move:
Climb up attack <100%

I suggest:
"Dude! this isn't where I parked my Lair!"

Seriously though...
We could include Death Mountain here.
Like if Ganon climbed to the top of it.

Another word I like is Rise.

Wait... Hiker Punch, lmao.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Alrighty, then.
Grim Turn it is.

... huh, cool. I myself like Backlash more than it, but it is apparently a hit, so... okay. o_o

¤¤¤¤¤¤

I have no idea what to name this one. I know only that the essence of this attack is that if the opponent has no Ganon experience, you will hit them off the ledge with it, and then Tipman them.

And then they will die.

And you'll be all like "MUTHA $%&# WHAT?!" :laugh:

He looks like he's dramatically clearing the clutter off of a table or desk, like in some movie.

Zig, what the hell character is ¤ <--- this? :confused:

Raikou_Cypher

Smash Cadet
Hmm...I can't think of anything for a ledge attack...
we might be able to do something with "switch," because when you hit someone with it then the two of you switch places, and I'm ripping it off of another AT's name...

...This is hard lol XD

+ Z1g's post and we get "Rising Switch?"

^I don't like it at all O.O but just to get some ideas out there... now someone think of something brilliant

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I, too, like Backlash better, but I thought the majority liked Grim Turn better.
*EDITED*

¤ <--- This?
I dunno.
Why? Can't I use it, or? O_o

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"Rising Switch"? ... Makes me think of Ganon pulling a switch, lol.
Keep 'em comin', Raikou.

Surprise Rise
Invisible Gauntlet
Phantom Gauntlet

(It DOES have a sick disjointed hitbox, after all.)

Raikou_Cypher

Smash Cadet
Phantom Gauntlet

(It DOES have a sick disjointed hitbox, after all.)
I like it XD

It doesn't deserve something very grand, since it is just a ledge attack, but your disjointed hitbox comment really made that post for me

A phantom can an illusion without any kind of corporeal substance, like an optical illusion, or a person of illusory power... That kind of sounds like Ganondorf >_> I know I read this is someone's sig on here, but it said, "Ganondorf: As much fun as you can have looking more intimidating than you actually are." It may not be too eloquent, but I think it underscores what I'm trying to point out pretty well.

おはよう ございます!

I left this open overnight and I'm posting this in the morning. XD
But I do like phantom, since the disjointed hitbox is like an optical illusion, like snake's utilt O.O

The gauntlet thing also obviously makes sense since Ganon is wearing a pair of gauntlets...
but it can also mean a punishment, which is chiefly military. Our equivalent is edgeguarding them for not knowing the Ganon matchup. lol.

Finally, when I tack it on to other names, we get:

"phantom switch" (I like this one a lot right now, actually)
"rising phantom" (makes sense, but doesn't sound very good)
"phantom rise" (better than the last one, but I still like phantom switch better)

*"phantom gauntlet" (I still really like this name, like the first one)

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Lets call it "Blind"
Ooh. Why won't we transplant "Blind Mule Kick" back from Melee? It's mildly confusing, much like being hit by the attack! :O

... oh wait. Maybe that should be the fatigued version. But "Blind Mule" and blindside are sorta cool.

There's still Hidden Gauntlet.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
But weren't Hidden Gauntlet a suggestion for Bair, which we saw after beeing done with Bair?

Redescussions of moves are welcome, btw.

Raikou_Cypher

Smash Cadet
@Raiku, bro, why do you like Switch that much?
Because whenever you hit someone with Ganon's ledge attack, you switch places XD
i.e. you're on the stage and he's on the ledge, or you're edgeguarding him

I totally stole this from one of zelda's ATs called "farore's switch," which is the same principle. You use farore's wind to hit someone on the ledge, and they get knocked off the stage, hence the "switch."

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I see.
But the real "Switch-Move" is our Dsmash =p

So, what do guys say?
* Phantom Gauntlet?
* Phantom Rise?
* (Other)?

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I like Phantom Rise.

How about instead of Blind-side, we use Blind-sided. Either one is cool, but the verb/past tense from seems to work a bit better than the noun version.

Also (going back a bit), I think Death Mountain would work for the GUA >100%. Ganon seems to struggle onto the stage, such as it would take at the end of a long hike up Death Mountain.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Wait...
...Phantom Fist.
Or maybe Phantom Sweep.

Maybe even 'Death Mountain Sweep' ~

Raikou_Cypher

Smash Cadet
If nothing else...I think "Phantom Gauntlet" is better than "phantom *variable word*"

Our dsmash is also our "sweep," move, though

If we do go along with Death Mountain, then it should probably have something to do with climbing...?
Z1g's "hiker punch" made me lol when I read it at first XD

honestly, I can't think of anything...been watching too much Hellsing... o.O

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Ok, Phantom Gauntlet it is, then.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Next move:
F-F-F-F-F-F-F. . . . . . . Fsmash.

Fsmash needs something allmighty and Powerful!

Don't tare this one apart now, guys. ;]

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Okay, so we're not going for deep on this one. Just first impression kind of names. Names that scream murder.

Right?

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
These are just more names. I don't think there's a point to explaining how I got them; if any stand out, good.

Deathblow
Death Mountain Capper
Mountain Mop-up

OOOOOOOOMG.

Fsmash. Epic. Sooooooo epic. I'm just gonna wait a bit to get all three of my ideas lined up.

From this point I'm going to mention some things about how I got started looking at this, so if you don't want to have your thoughts influenced in the direction of mine (which, y'know, might be undesirable 'cause we'd get less 'idea-span' that way), don't read on.

So everyone here wants to keep reading? Good. I am here to say that although I didn't stay in this direction at all, I started with the idea that Ganon uses this move to commit pure evil. This is the move that players can really be afraid of... if only you could set it up. This is the move that just kills. This is how Ganon antagonizes his enemy. When he eats this, he has failed ultimately. There is no joke; the chances of him losing the stock have just exploded, and the immediate effects are clear and dangerous.
The Fsmash is what makes Ganon a true villain.

At that, I considered the name Villain. Not 'villainy', but villain.

... if I was right, that should sound a little off, but sorta spine-tingly. And I figure it's because, it's not what you want to have in hand when people die to this attack. You want something that lines up with that sound the attack makes. It's the "hard hit" sound... the hardest kind, which only attacks like scrunch Turnips and Marth's ultimate tipper make. You want that sound to go hand in hand with the name, to go hand in hand with pure, unconditional expiration.

*~*~*~

I did however think of a punny portmanteau, for those times when you land a really stupid one, and lulz might distract this particular opponent based on his disposition and so forth.

It came from me trying to make Ganonbow actually work, since I found out "Hanenbow" is not supposed to be pronounced like that, thus destroying the basis of the name.

Scoundrelbow

:psycho: :psycho:

:p

I expect some may still like Ganonbow.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
"Deathblow" is short N sweet.
"Death Mountain Capper" tells you that his Fsmash isn't to be taken lightly.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

All that talk about Villains N Evil made me come up with a couple coo' namez:

Evil edge (It's evil, and it's at the edge of his elbow.)

Villain's impact (If "Impact" is as versatile a word as I believe it is, it should fit perfectly... Now, is it?)

Judgement of Ganon(dorf) ("When he eats this, he has failed ultimately. There is no joke; the chances of him losing the stock have just exploded, and the immediate effects are clear and dangerous."
This is how Ganon judge you. If he wants you to die, he'll grant his own wish.
It's not your choice, ya know. :skull:)

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
"Death Mountain Capper" tells you that his Fsmash isn't to be taken lightly.
Those were for ledge attack. They all came from your "climbing (to the top of) Death Mountain" idea.

You moved discussion to Fsmash while I was writing that post.

An impact is a collision. But it can only refer to the colliding; not any of the colliding things. It can also be 'the force or power, in a persuasive sense' that something has.

Only Evil Edge, of those three, is definite enough to name an attack.

Right? I'm not alone that the name has to be a description, not just any title, right?

We could call anything some title, like "Wisp of Dread". Ooh, spooky. But such a name would never have intrinsic connection to any attack.
'Judgment' is a wholly non-physical affair. "Judgment of Ganon" is thus completely unbound to any event type, and so would never be accepted as referring to any one attack.

... and that's just the long expansion of a really simple intuition we all have, right?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Right? I'm not alone that the name has to be a description, not just any title, right?
It doesn't have to be a description, imo.
Man, don't you like metaphors? '_'

Judgement (Description): When you litterally judge someone.
Judgement (Metaphor): Ganon sends them to where they belong - in the firey depths of hell!

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Agreed.

"Deathblow" is a good name, imo.

We should make a name to Fsmash with these properties:

- Darkness (cause Fsmash has a Darkness Effect)
- Death (cause Fsmash has a Huge KO Potential)
- Impact (cause Fsmash has a powerful Knockback)
- Blow (I dunno, lol)

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
It doesn't have to be a description, imo.
Man, don't you like metaphors? '_'
I meant description in a sort of technical sense. In Logic, you have Names. A Name is anything that, in the context at least, uniquely signifies exactly one thing in the universe. A description is a property. Some descriptions, if combined with the identity quantifier, can serve to uniquely identify exactly one thing in the universe (just in case that, as can be guessed, the property is borne by exactly one thing).

Some guy Bertrand Russell said something like "All names are descriptions", and he was arguing a point. I heard it third-hand though, and I don't really buy it, but it's been said.

My 'description' is contrasted with 'title' in just the sense that I think all our names should actually include... something that speaks to what is really happening. Intrinsically.
For most attacks, this is done by adding "kick" in there. For others, you need something else.

And now that I can't delay any more....

My suggestion for Fsmash:

It doesn't look good on paper, but once you actually say it. . .

Soulfire Impaler

I started with "Soul Impaler", but wanted more syllables. I then found 'Fire', which can mean life or vigor or vitality. Ganon impales it. He skips the part about wounding you and goes right to cutting your soul.

... then I combined them. Also, Word of God in fact says that Ganon's purple damage is a form of soul-burning fire.
So... like.... score. :chuckle:

DEATHLY DARK DEVASTATOR OF ****ING DOOM!

Raikou_Cypher

Smash Cadet
Pk-ow!, Soulfire is amazingly made of EPIC WIN.

Impaler, though, isn't...

Imo it sounds super-awkward, both on paper and when you say it out loud. And again, it's not a word. O.O

However, you're really onto something here. Here are some synonyms I could think of, if they help:

Soulfire Lance
Soulfire Pierce
Soulfire Thrust
Soulfire Jag
Soulfire Buster
Soulfire Reamer
Soulfire Breaker

and for the lulz:

the most blatant name: Soulfire KILL
honorable mention: Soulfire Shank

Shank sounds funny, but a shank is anatomically the part of your leg between the knee and the ankle, so it might fit another move better.

ignore this:
wait, for dtilt, lol: Shin Shank

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
PK-ow! has weird and awesome names. Man, Where do you find all of these names ? lulz

Well, I don't know what "Soulfire" means, but the term "Soulfire" looks good too.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
BULLS***! (a quote from Scott Ramsoomair's Pantsman)

Impaler is so a word! What about Vlad III the Impaler?

My Firefox spellcheck says it's good. . .

Soulfire is just made up, ya. You can think of it as meaning 'the stuff that Fsmash is made from,' or as being 'the thing of your opponent that Ganon impales with it.'

Your opponent's 'soulfire' — or soul flame, if you will — is executed by impalement with this attack. :skull:

I went through 'Dread Lance' at one point, but 'lance' isn't close enough to a sense of actual shanking.
Soul Shank is pretty fun. :laugh:

:046: :034:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
We should try N put a really powerful word into Fsmash.
A powerful word which also relates to the Zelda-games.

Something like "Darkworld", "Gaia" or "Hyrule" (others too).

*Darkworld Impact
*Darkworld Kiss
*Darkworld's Gate
*Darkworld Elbow
*Darkworld Force
*Darkworld Contact
*A taste of Dark World

*Gaia Destroyer

*Hyrule's Elbow (Lol - "People's Elbow")

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord

*Darkworld Impact
*Darkworld Kiss
*Darkworld's Gate
*Darkworld Elbow
*Darkworld Force
*Darkworld Contact
*A taste of Dark World

*Gaia Destroyer

I like Darkworld Impact and Darkworld's Gate.

Soulfire Impaler is amazing.

I'd say it's between Soulfire Impaler and Darkworld Impact. Soulfire Impaler is just so cool, but Darkworld Impact has the Zelda reference to Ganon's power and lethal nature.

Raikou_Cypher

Smash Cadet
Darkworld Impact + Soulfire Impaler = Soulfire Impact?

Soulfire fits this move soooooo well... O.O my only gripe about Soulfire Impaler is that Impaler still sounds too awkward >.<

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace

*Darkworld Impact
*Darkworld Kiss
*Darkworld's Gate
*Darkworld Elbow
*Darkworld Force
*Darkworld Contact
*A taste of Dark World

*Gaia Destroyer

Nice names...
Well, the term "Darkworld" and "Impaler" seems to be brutal, specially Darkworld Force.;)

LOLOLOLOLOL !!! Hyrule's Elbow...

LordofDarkness

Smash Cadet
I'm a fond fan of the word "eclipse" when describing darkness overtaking light. So:

Impaling Eclipse
Dreadful Eclipse
Darkworld Eclipse

or, my favorite,

Soulfire Eclipse

If the soulfire in question is indeed our opponent's lifeforce, then eclipsing it with a well timed elbow would prove to be quite fatal. It's deadly, it's dark, and I like the way it rolls off the tongue.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I'm a fond fan of the word "eclipse" when describing darkness overtaking light. So:

Impaling Eclipse
Dreadful Eclipse
Darkworld Eclipse

or, my favorite,

Soulfire Eclipse

If the soulfire in question is indeed our opponent's lifeforce, then eclipsing it with a well timed elbow would prove to be quite fatal. It's deadly, it's dark, and I like the way it rolls off the tongue.
Holy **** LordofDarkness !!!

Soulfire Eclipse is Awesome !

" Darkness overtaking Light "

That's Right !

Top Bottom