• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BADAZZ is way too small a word

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
"Chance" is there so noobs can beat TP. Srsly. Just wait for him to try it and then the game tells you to button mash. I felt dirty when I took advantage of it, so I played again and beat him the hard way.... actually waiting for him to drop his guard (y'know, between the super blocking and the invincible priority). I'm not sure I'll ever find all the swordsman techniques and I don't know how easy they'd make it.

Besides, mechanically, Flame Choke is a lot like "Chance" anyway. It's beat out by a lot of things, but if you do the one mistake Ganon's looking for, it's ****.

Oh, and I don't like transforming movesets. Those're just weird. Particularly, taunts shouldn't have functionality (except the manipulation of the hurtbox; that's pretty awesome). I'm slightly bothered by even Luigi's dtaunt, but especially by Snake's box. >:-(

About Bair... there's always Pimp Slap.

And Swoops originally called it Backhand. A backhand is very meaningful.

... The GANNON-BANNIN' BACKHAND

<_<
I liked the way chance looked. Ignoring the spoon-feed, it looked and felt epic. Even if it is rather simple and a bit boring to play.

I personally think that Gannon-Bannin' Backhand is better. I don't like Pimp Slap, never have. It has a connotation that just doesn't befit Ganon in my mind.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Neeh... In that case, Bannon Hammer is better.

Ganon Hammer ?
Hammer strike ?
Hammer Blow ?
Marked 4 death ?
Death Mark ?
Kisser Fist ? lol
Royal Knuckle ?

What's it called when a king forces someone to kiss his knuckles/hand?

Raikou_Cypher

Smash Cadet
hmm, coincidentally I thought of a name for bair right after I woke up this morning.

Sleepy Time

You know? He kind of looks like he's yawning when he backhands whoever is on the receiving end of this attack.

I lol'ed when I read Bannon hammer... XD

Since I haven't been here in a while, you can just read my sig for an explanation

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
The OP has just "B" put in for Bair.

If we're on dtilt, I can only think that this move, being such a.... foundational move for Ganon, has to receive a completely sober name. A name that decorates nothing, it just says the facts: Ganon is going to stand at one lunge's distance, he's going to take the earth under your brazen but fragile feet, and then he's going to **** that **** up.

Also, it uses his right leg, which his utilt also uses, and so I came across terms like tephra and silica for "The volcanic ash scattered from an eruption". Obviously not quite punchy enough. I tried "Scoria kick" but... well, you tell me what that sounds like.

Then there's names like Unearth and Grave Split, Tremor, and so on... sorta good, but my senses (which are totally 100% scientifically reliable) say they're not in the right direction.

We have Shin Breaker from Swoops' guide. ... 's pretty good. It's very factual, which as I said, may be all this needs.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
In Melee, Ganon's D-tilt was called the Sweeping Snake.

I propose Brawl D-tilt is called the Snake Bite.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Ye, Shin Breaker is great.

However... I was thinking something with 'Kneecap'.
Like Kneecap Splitter, or sumthing.

EDIT: Or Kneecap Shatterer

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
In Melee, Ganon's D-tilt was called the Sweeping Snake.

I propose Brawl D-tilt is called the Snake Bite.
If we're going to go that route, I think Serpent Strike sounds cooler.

Although I've never found myself feeling Ganon as very "snake-like."

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Ye, Serpent Stike it self sounds awesome, but you're right in that it does fit him ;\

How about using Shin, again, and switch Breaker to Shatterer?
"Shin Shatterer"
(Is Shatterer correct grammar?)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
If you're going the Shin route, I'm sorry, but Shatterer doesn't sound nearly as badass as Breaker.

My Firefox marks it as incorrect spelling, but my Microsoft Word says it's a legitimate word...huh.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
We can call this "Shin Breaker"
and call jab "Skull Fracture."

Or Browbeat. Or Skull Tap.

I don't think Ganon is like a snake, either. It was cool for his Melee dtilt because he slithered that leg around... but he doesn't now. Only Falcon needs to do that to build power.

As for 'Kneecap,' Shin is really cool because dtilt attacks with Ganon's own shin. If anyone ever says the attack doesn't really break shins, you can say:

"Oh ho ho~! Oh you sillly treasoner, of course not. :laugh: . . . Ganon's shins are indestructible. :ganondorf:"

:flame:

:034:

P.S. A2Z your Firefox is an idiot. :ohwell:

EDIT: Also, if you were thinking about Ganon dittoes and having two indestructible objects collide and what that entails... well, "That's why the matchup is EPIC."

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
If you're going the Shin route, I'm sorry, but Shatterer doesn't sound nearly as badass as Breaker.
If that's the case, then we'll just keep it as it is:
Shin Breaker
ala Sliq ~

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Next move:
Fthrow

Flying Dutchman (I still adress you by that) suggested "Crotch Breaker"
... I like it.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I have names for all the throws. :flame:
I found - and I mean it - really clever **** that, of all the moves, I fully believe match with no greater substitute. :embarrass

Fthrow is, of course, a **** Punch. You know what that word is. But the great fun here is that you can alternately call it Bushwhack. :laugh:

But the for srs name, from me? It's strange, but it grew on me. What do you think, of Buckle Belt ? (Try saying it with different stress and timing.)

What about 'Belt Buckle'?

@Raikou: We'll hold on to "Akbar comboing" if we can find trap setups for this guy, how about that? :chuckle:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I really like Buster. Not sure about Jewel though.

Maybe Junk Buster? As in "Yo, Ima bus yo junk up fool."
FD's Crotch Breaker
&
Swoops's Junk Buster

^These are great.
They are both nominated in the OP.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Next move:
Dthrow

PK, I remeber we said something about Toys, here, right?

Smash Hero
I actually love Junk Buster as well, can I use both? Whenever I kill someone with fthrow now (once every year) I'll yell "JUNK... BUSTED."

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
I actually love Junk Buster as well, can I use both? Whenever I kill someone with fthrow now (once every year) I'll yell "JUNK... BUSTED."

Hell no, you have to go zangief on their ***. That's why I like the word buster so much. You gotta use the same flair that gief uses. Like "FINAL...ATOMIC...BUSTAAH!" Except it's "JUNK...BUSTAAH!"

Maybe Dirt Nap for d-throw?

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
What was wrong with Belt Buckle? :confused: Just no reaction? It's a pun; you have to hate it, at least. 9_9

But Crotch Breaker, how does it outdo **** Punch, esp. given that we have a Breaker in dtilt? What about Crotch Punch?
And Bushwhack? Like shrubbery scythed completely out of sight with a single violent slash.

Buster is a good match for what fthrow does. In wrestling, moves named 'buster' are painful ones, that would be employed to try to produce submission (or a straight knockout).

Dthrow: The 'Toy' thing is neat, but it should just be kept in mind, not given in the name, I think.
This throw could just be "Trash", you see. You trash your opponent. If he objects, you may inform him "You're just a... STUFFED TOY!!" [/lulz] But no, any way that Devour by Shinedown might inspire you, feel free to riff. We can do that if we all call it Trash.

Oh, just FYI, I was looking at 'junk' the verb, as in to make something into scrap (and I'm looking at 'scrap' meaning the same). ftilt seems to want Junk, and dash attack might want Scrap. A scrap is also a small fight, a row, a brawl, or fisticuffs.

Dirt Nap is down and dirty.... I like it. Though. . . it's Brawl, no hitstun, so it's like four winks. <_<

I was holding on to "Over Keel". Keel has an apparent nautical meaning, but I found it also means to turn over or to invert, as in to do that to something (i.e. a verb with object, not just reflexive). But it needs more than just 'keel', and it seems there is no word out there to fill this purpose. :(

Finally, I have determined that what Ganondorf does, for his dthrow, would IRL officially be called a Front Shoulder Throw. See, there is no such thing as a Front Shoulder Throw, because no living Human can get the leverage to bring someone over their shoulder except to the back. It practically implies an 'over-the-shoulder' toss if you say shoulder throw; usually a takedown.

But Ganondorf, my dark brothers, can do that **** standing. With one arm.

If you watch even Falcon's dthrow in slow mo, he doesn't quite do the same thing.

Also amazing is how Ganon's dthrow is so fast even when throwing Bowser or Snake. Throws get slower depending on weight. Just look at how easily he trashes Bowser. Too bad it won't really be noticed in-game, even in contrast.

:046:

Smash Hero
Hell no, you have to go zangief on their ***. That's why I like the word buster so much. You gotta use the same flair that gief uses. Like "FINAL...ATOMIC...BUSTAAH!" Except it's "JUNK...BUSTAAH!"

Maybe Dirt Nap for d-throw?
I AM... RED CYCLONE

Yeah, I'm feeling it

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
But Crotch Breaker, how does it outdo **** Punch?
Imagine a 12 year old boy, who mains Ganon.
His Parents' got a couple of friends over for dinner.
Then, suddenly, the boy shouts "MOM! I just knocked Super Mario out with a D**K PUNCH!"

We can't let that happen ^^J

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Imagine a 12 year old boy, who mains Ganon.
His Parents' got a couple of friends over for dinner.
Then, suddenly, the boy shouts "MOM! I just knocked Super Mario out with a D**K PUNCH!"

We can't let that happen ^^J
Lmao, it'd be funny as hell though.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
It's not D**K Punch, it's C**k Punch!

And Ganondorf is M material at least anyway. Mothers shouldn't let their kids near him in any universe.

AND the 12 year old would have to come on the interwebz to find our discussion in the first place, which means he wasn't supervised on the webz, which is... come on, it's the internet.

The idea is we have the other name, right? If you have kids in the room then you keep it E for Everyone.

Still got Crotch Punch anyway. And Bushwhack. Bushwhack is only innuendo; innuendo is fine! :laugh:

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
FYI: Ganon's Moveset as described in the Melee NP strategy guide.

Neutral A: Thunder Punch
Dash A: Iron Shoulder
F-Tilt: Armor Crusher
U-Tilt: Volcano Kick
D-Tilt: Sweeping Snake

F-Smash: Nightmare Lunge
U-Smash: Tornado Kick
D-Smash: Leg Whip

Neutral Air: Swooping Keese
F-Air: Skull Crusher
B-Air: Hidden Gauntlet
U-Air: Vulture Kick
D-Air: Thunder Drop

F-Throw: Gut Punch
B-Throw: Blind Mule Kick
U-Throw: Jaw Breaker
D-Throw: Dirt Nap

Just for reference.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
F-Air: Skull Crusher
Wow, I feel played.

Thunder Drop, too?

Nightmare Lunge is a pretty rawesome name, though. And there's something to Hidden Gauntlet. ... The Gauntlet part. But there's only so many moves with a fist. :ohwell:
Ooh. Maybe we could get it on the Up-B hit. In addition to, or as some composite with, my own "Spite" suggestion.

We can do better than Iron Shoulder and Armor Crusher, though. Way better.
Wouldn't you guys say that Ganon's new DA feels like a rock or boulder rather than iron? Stone, over steel? I've got a pun already, and I'm looking for something more, that hits as hard as the move.

But now an important question: What's the name, for that fantasy concept, of a like a spirit or wispy being, that floats on the stuff of dreams, from person to person, usu. bringing nightmares? I know there's a creature like that.
EDIT: <_________________________<

So, for dthrow.... "Toy Scrap". 'Scrap' is an exclaimable word. Try saying it like the word 'crap', angrily, ending sharply at the 'p' (that is, without a puff of air afterwards). I think Astaroth shouts this in SC IV now, for reference. And yes, what you are doing is scrapping your opponent, like a toy.

But you can also see it as a mini-sized, or patronizing fight. A toy scrap. Ganondorf, so strong, so huge, his throw is a microcosm of a beating in itself. ... If only dthrow did 10 damage. :ohwell: :embarrass

Forget what I said about Trash. I've found something amazing. You know I really liked Thorax Crush Kick. It's got the right sense, and it lines up with fair as we all agree. But, darnit, there's one too many syllables in Thorax! Well, I've got it. :flame:

And lunge.... I thought a lunge quite necessarily had to be on the ground. To me a leap, jump, or hurtling can in no way be a lunge. But apparently it can mean anything plunge does, and fair is a plunge.
I dunno. I think even if lunge can coincide with a flying motion, it still has to be a stab, or a pitching forward. Ganon's fair brings his body up and then crushes down... but all staying centered, if you look at it. It never pitches outward, really.
(It would if it had the wind effect like I reimagined it. [/grumble])

I'm interested that you don't think it works for Fsmash. So... we can't call it Murder Lunge? As in the final lunge before placing the knife in the bloke's chest.
And yes, Ganondorf murders people from the front. Because Ganon gets away with it.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
That's called a...nightmare. Or perhaps you're thinking of an incubus/succubus, but that's gotten adapted to a different thing these days. >_>

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I think nightmare lunge is more like Fair. Ganon in Brawl is much more like an immovable boulder, and his Fsmash is not really a lunge. A lunge also suggests some vulnerability, which is more appropriate for Fair. Especially since Fsmash follows the boulder feel.

For The upB punch we could use "Shadow Gauntlet." I like the word Gauntlet.

DA could be Rock Slide. Avalanche? Something that implies that a mountain is coming down upon our foes.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Finally, I have determined that what Ganondorf does, for his dthrow, would IRL officially be called a Front Shoulder Throw. See, there is no such thing as a Front Shoulder Throw, because no living Human can get the leverage to bring someone over their shoulder except to the back. It practically implies an 'over-the-shoulder' toss if you say shoulder throw; usually a takedown.

But Ganondorf, my dark brothers, can do that **** standing. With one arm.

If you watch even Falcon's dthrow in slow mo, he doesn't quite do the same thing.

Also amazing is how Ganon's dthrow is so fast even when throwing Bowser or Snake. Throws get slower depending on weight. Just look at how easily he trashes Bowser. Too bad it won't really be noticed in-game, even in contrast.
Haha, I love this.
You just made me realize how awesome that "simple throw" actually is.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

I, too, like "Dirt Nap".
"Trash" is pretty good too.

I'll put 'em both in the OP, for now.

Next Move
Nair

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
But I rescind the 'Trash' suggestion! I rescind it!! =O

Trash is so much more epic somewhere else.
EDIT: And edits above!!! EDITS ABOVE!!! You saw them, right?

Nair:

Double-Cross

Toyed with it for Dsmash, but the combo-breaking fits better with words of treachery, think.

Alternately:

Hurly-Burly.

*~*~*~*~*~*~

I found a place for Wyvern, by the way Z1G. You know you said Wyvern is another word for Dragon?
. . . well? That's the hint. I think you can devise where I'm going with this.

EDIT: In Melee, side special was Gerudo Dragon. In Brawl, the air version of choke demands an alternate name, and deserves betters than 'Aerudo'.
Thus, I propose we commission: The Gerudo Wyvern, or just Wyvern, for aerial Chokes.

A general issue before my last addition: My ideas are always an hour late!!! DDDDDD: I have to break the format of out linearity, I just have to. I'm sorry if it has ever seemed I run this discussion unilaterally. :'(

For Dirt Nap, because we aren't Melee anymore. . . what if we contract that to just Doze ? Or Dirt Doze if that's hard to accentuate. ._.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I like "Double-Cross". Let's see if anyone can beat it.

Wyvern? Hmm... Gerudo? O_o

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Nair: Dark Vortex, The Lion Tamer (a lion tamer stereotypically uses whips, which is what Ganon does with his legs)

Dsmash: Fail Flail. If you misread it (without the L) then you might read it as Fail Fail, in which case it's a Double Fail. Because the move is two kicks, this works too. Ha.

I like Double Cross.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
OOOHOHOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MMMMYYYYYYYYY GAAANNNNNOOOOOOOONNNNNDORF....

you guys.

Dsmash.

This is amazing.
This is **** amazing. I am awesome.

I have found the word to make this right.

Okay, you know Dsmash sucks. Dsmash shouldn't hit anyone. However if it does hit anyone, it is your fastest hard-hitting attack that moves people behind you. So like, a position-reversing attack if the opponent ****s up badly near the edge. Thus, it's a move where, when the opponent gives something to you, you take it. You wrest it from him. He erred and you make him pay for it.

Pay.

Here's the word:

Toll.
Read the second definition.

Here's what makes it $&#% amazing:

Regal Toll

You have to draw out the pronunciation. And make sure you say 'toll' right (it's like 'told').
Thus: Ree-gal Toll.
Remember 'regal' also means grand. So: Regal Toll.

This is my original thought, you may note, but like times a thousand, to the power of Ganondorf (which is over... yeah).

@Ganonsburg: I assume you mean Up-air, and N-air, in that order, right?

Top Bottom