• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BADAZZ is way too small a word

Raikou_Cypher

Smash Cadet
While anvils may hit hard when dropped from above, they have nothing to do with Ganon.

"Dread Meteor," anyone?

...I personally am not a big fan of the name, but this thread needs a new post >_>

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Many of the names don't have anything to do with Ganon. Are there even any meteors in LoZ?
What's the name of that moon in Majora's Mask? Does it have a name for that matter?

Megaton Meteor
Megaton Moon Crash

BrokenVapor

Smash Rookie
well yeah anvils dont have anything to do with Ganon but if you screw up and miss, just like an anvil he has tons of lagg and sits there while he's open for a free hit. >.>

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Death dealer.

It looks like he's dealing a card, but instead he's dealing death.

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
PIMP BACKHAND!!!!

BRO' PAWNCH!!!!!

ahem...

Warhammer, since Ganon's position really remember a war hammer... imo.
Chest Knocker...
Reverse Hammer...
Awn... not many ideas ATM...

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I like Death Dealer & War Hammer.
Also, someone once suggested "Hidden Gauntlet", which is pretty good.

My own suggestions are:
Blind Knuckle
Blind Gauntlet
Sudden Impact
(Ye, just like the old movie)

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
I liked Blind Gauntlet, since Ganon doesn't need to look the way he's dealing death while he does so.
Sudden Impact is also nice.

Tree Breaker (I like to use BAir to hit someone that's on the other side of PS1's fire tree)
Wall Smasher
Sudden Death

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
While anvils may hit hard when dropped from above, they have nothing to do with Ganon.
Not so, my ensconced brother.

Ganon boards, I have watched the progress of our great masters, seen the triumphs and tragedies that have befallen our people in recent times, and now I only tell you that I have returned.

And with goodies.

'cause, I took this naming project with me despite what I earlier said, 'cause I'm OCD like that.

At this moment, I can show, 'anvil' actually does have something to do with Ganon. Something enough to be given to the most important place...

Witness!

Neutral A: Face Palm / Cuff
Dtilt: Shin Breaker
Ftilt: Conqueror's Slight / Conquer / Boot of Desert Crossing
Down B: Night Spear / Murder Sleigh
Aerial Down B: Dark Anvil / Thunderhead
Up B grab: Wraith Rattle / 400 Babies
Up B uppercut: Shadow Scar / Din's Curse
Aerial Side B: Aerudo / Gerudo Burial
Dsmash: Scythe Heel
Usmash: Grave Gouger
Fsmash: SoulPyre / Impaling Firebrand
Dash attack: Merciless Sledge
Uair: Vulture Kick
Nair: Double Cross
Bair: Blind Backhand / Banon-Hammer

Grab: Tyrannous Grasp
Pummel: Knee of Injustice
Fthrow: Strong-arm / Stomach Pump
Dthrow: Overthrow / Crooked Handshake
Bthrow: Backlash
Uthrow: Divide

Ledge attack <100%: Phantom Gauntlet
Ledge attack 100%>: Final Leg
Up-B Uppercut -> Stagespike: Spite
Down B -> "Wizkick Spike": Railing Thunderhead / Murder Rail
instant Aerial Side B: "Gharial"

No-need-to-discuss moves
Utilt: Volcano Kick
Side B: Murder Choke / Gerudo
Neutral B: Warlock Punch / Murder Fist
Fair: Skull Crush Punch
Dair: Stomp / Tombstone Drop

No, it's not a smithy's anvil. It is the meteorological one. A thunderhead.

The cumulonimbus, and the phenomenon known as supercell it precedes, are some of the most dangerous weather phenomena above Earth. The cumulonimbus' more-than-cursory resemblance to an anvil, in respect of the flat top, belies the extreme straight-line winds, that give the cloud its reputation for such intensity. And the name thunderhead - thunder's head - is no coincidental suggestion that here cometh thunder.

The cloud formation is also known as incus, which is also a name for a part of the inner ear, and both of them can go by the commonplace name of 'anvil'.

It's all on Wikipedia.

But as for why we can call the killing kick Dark Anvil?

A dark anvil is a stormy one, of course.
And if anyone ever questions why the Anvil often knocks people up... the thunderhead is expressly notable for marking aircraft-endangering updrafts.
And if the question is then why it ever spikes people... tell them a thing or two about Inversion.

With that, we can even use something we found we all liked, for some ineffable reason... in the place of Wizkick Spike.
Wizkick Spike, meet Railing Thunderhead. Or your triter counterpart, Murder Rail, for which we get the neat sound we seemingly disregard the meaning of to love, but can literally be taken to mean "kill birds" (specifically, the birds known as rail).

Take everything other than Down-B, once again, as the sum of my suggestions. Dash Attack is one attack I know there's still something much better out there. copypasta error
I've included much connections especially for the grab -> throw sequences. They're all things a tyrant would do!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Hi, PK-ow.

I just recently realized that the name "Bannon Hammer" Screams Final Fantasy #6 (#3 in US). You know that old man named Bannon.
Thus the renaming.

One quick question, PK.
Do you honestly perfer "Face Palm" over "Thunder Palm"?
If you looking for comedy - why not call it the SCRUB RUB ?

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Hi, PK-ow.

One quick question, PK.
Do you honestly perfer "Face Palm" over "Thunder Palm"?
If you looking for comedy - why not call it the SCRUB RUB ?

Yes, yes I do.

I honestly think that should be its 100% serious name. It works on all levels.

A reason not to call it scrub rub is because that's vaguely disgusting. :\ <.<

I just recently realized that the name "Bannon Hammer" Screams Final Fantasy #6 (#3 in US). You know that old man named Bannon.
Thus the renaming.
Ah.

Well, 'Blind' is a word to work in from the Melee names, and I saw it in discussion. When you say Blind Backhand, you're combining it with a term for a gesture that showed profound disrespect in previous times. A backhand, then, swung blindly, must be the ultimate in disregard.

I still like Ganon-Bannin' Backhand for the more pimp name there.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
A lot of ppl liked the name "Purple Meteor", but "Dark Anvil" is just as good - if not better.

Purple Meteor Vs Dark Anvil
Which will it be?

"Shadow Scar" is coo', but How about Shadow Rake?
Sounds better imo.

b-air should be "fist ****"
Keep your dreams about Ganondorf to yourself. :p

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
"Shadow Scar" is coo', but How about Shadow Rake?
Sounds better imo.
But, but, the scar.

The one he got from the Blade of Evil's Bane.

The one that will give him mortal weakness to that same sword for all eternity. In every generation, no matter how perfectly he schemes; the wound on which he focuses all of his hatred and fury.

It doesn't rake opponents (draw them in).

]A lot of ppl liked the name "Purple Meteor", but "Dark Anvil" is just as good - if not better.

Purple Meteor Vs Dark Anvil
Which will it be?
Purple? Not even violet?

:\

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Dark Anvil is actually pretty cool.
It makes me think of ACME-Comedy, lulz.
You know, "16-tons!".

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I love these boards.

Anyway, I know I don't post here much and it's not up for discussion, but I always called Down Air when they're on the ground, The Reversal of Man.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Okay, the list is just about finished.

One question: What move was "Spite" ment for again?
Was it up+b Grab Stage Spike, or up+b Uppercut Stage Spike?
Or was it both?

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero

Or was it both?
Spite sounds like it would be for the UpB grab stagespike. I thought the Uppercut stagespike was like Final Grudge or something.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
'Megaton', apparently, appears in the command list of Rock Adams from SC IV. I want to remove this overlap.

No matter how many ways I came at it, it had quite the opposite effect from feeling heavy, but rather "4Kids"-like, and a fanboy reference to one of Link's tools that Ganon never touched.

It's pretty cool we've come this far. I want to make a case one last time, for neutral A. Kalm remarked early on this move is not a jab. If we agree to it, 'Cuff' will stick in place of Jab. To strike with the cuff, which is a sort of patronizing blow in a fistfight. I imagine it a short for "Knave's Cuff", but don't really think that name should move outside these boards. ^_^;

Consider:

Q: What is the sound of one hand clapping?

A: The thunder of Ganondorf delivering CCR.​

Having a fine theme for BAir, I redirect the suggestion Thunderclap to the cuff. (see how natural that was? ;))

*~*~*~
I proposed Spite for Up-B uppercut, but it, simultaneously and independently, came forward to name a stagespike.

I think the idea is that, if you stage spike as a trade of stocks - because your recovery failed - Ganon is communicating his hatred. Suicide KOs are spiteful. Stagespiking from a grab usually means you live, unless the opponent gets off their free gimp aerial. So I think it should stay on the uppercut.

Noobicidal

Smash Master

Or was it both?
Spite is the uppercut stage spike due to Ganon often dying from getting edge hogged.

10spites

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I feel the Spite needs an explanasion in the OP.

Up B Uppercut-stagespike: Spite (Ganon manages to put an end to both players stocks with a
"Last Will" type of action, using the late hitbox of his Up+b)

Is that good enough?

Top Bottom