• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BADAZZ is way too small a word

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Infernal is really commonplace. It's become cllche.

Inferno is still pretty great.

I want Meteor because I think of Meteor Swarm, which is a really ****** epic level DnD spell.

Meteor Shower was on my list for aerial Down+B.

Meteor Curse was rattling around for grounded, but I felt there was one more change left to be made. (Curse is a form that suggests Course, as in a path, but also means... well... curse. Which we still don't have in the moveset).

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Infernal is really commonplace. It's become cllche.

Inferno is still pretty great.

I want Meteor because I think of Meteor Swarm, which is a really ****** epic level DnD spell.

Meteor Shower was on my list for aerial Down+B.

Meteor Curse was rattling around for grounded, but I felt there was one more change left to be made. (Curse is a form that suggests Course, as in a path, but also means... well... curse. Which we still don't have in the moveset).
I didn't know that Infernal was used a lot. That's a shame, because it's just another form of Inferno (also a really cool word).

The only problem I have with Meteor Shower is that Ganon's only one person, not a shower of objects or people.

:034:

Raikou_Cypher

Smash Cadet
The problem I have with "meteor shower" is that it just doesn't sound evil. "Curse" could work, really well, actually, I think. I don't like the consonance of "Meteor Curse," but "Curse" has so much potential when I look at it on paper.

@Z1gma: "Murder Rail" sounds good :D We have our "badazz adjective" (Rail) and then we apply it to Ganon (Murder). Unless you're Super Ganon (video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlEfqyNGn1o I lol'd so hard, BUT I WANT THAT CODE), then it probably shouldn't have "Rails" plural.

So..."Murder Rail" or something with "Curse" ftw >_>

"Cursed Meteor?"

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
When I said "Murder Rail" I was thinking of the grounded version.

Something with "Meteor" = aerial version (imo).

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
I am finding such sheer irony in this recent process, since I started a meme on a chatroom of saying DERAILED while I was under the nick of Ganon. Such amazing irony in this.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
"Rail" is an awesome word !

I prefer something like "Dark Rail", because Wizkick has Dark Energy and it should be take into consideration, IMO.

When I said "Murder Rail" I was thinking of the grounded version.

Something with "Meteor" = aerial version (imo).
Agreed...

Z1GMA !!!! :bee:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
"Dark Rail" sounds pretty good.

Wait...
Murder Track / Murder Tracks
Or Dark Track

He's tracking his prey down, sort of.
+ It leaves dark tracks and bodyparts behind him.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
This is off topic to the move that's being discussed but it just came to me so I had to put it up.

For U-Smash: The Godcrotch!

Magnamancy

Smash Rookie
I like it. ^^ (U-tilt: The Godcrotch Disapproves! :p)

Back on Dorf's D-B...

For the Aerial version, I suggest Meteor of Darkness.

For the Grounded version... Dark Invasion.

Raikou_Cypher

Smash Cadet
Grounded: Dark/Murder Rail
Aerial: Purple Meteor

and for the lulz:

Wizkick Spiked: DERAILED
"Murder Rail" is good, and I can't wait to shout "Derailed!" loudly the next time I get a wizkick spike, but..."purple meteor"? Aerial wizkick should definitely have "meteor" in it, but the consonance in "purple meteor" is terrible.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
Purple meteor is also for the lulz. Dark Meteor could work as well but I'm partial to the color purple.

Wrex

Smash Cadet
meteor of darkness is sort of too long. what about "meteor of dark"

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
"Meteor of Dark(ness)" has nothing to do with Ganon. When I hear it, I don't think of Ganon at all. It's just fundamentally un-ganon.
Well, it does kind of relate to Ganon, but you're right. It sounds so un-Ganon it hurts. Meteor of Dark is just....bad grammar. At least Meteor of Darkness is on par with the other suggestions.

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
I just got think today that the purplosity that comes with Ganon grounded kinda reminds me of a drag chute, or a drogue, or an anchor. Any way to make this Ganon-sounding?

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I just got think today that the purplosity that comes with Ganon grounded kinda reminds me of a drag chute, or a drogue, or an anchor. Any way to make this Ganon-sounding?
It kind of reminds me of a sailboat.

A ship impelled by wind. Suddenly releasing the sails and receiving a gust from beyond. Ganon's momentum during the kick is sorta funky.

I'm having block on words, though. Wind from Hell, Dreadship.... ****it, I know there's a word for an undead/unholy ship.... I can't remember it.

There's also the term 'breath' which is kind of a classical way of talking about wind.

:mad:

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
Erm... I don't think breath would fit the move in any way, when you think about it. The ship idea sounds good, which kinda goes back to before with the "wave" and "surge" deal.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Haha, going with wind, we could go with "Wind Waker" and tick off the Tink boards. Hehe.

Which is exactly what Ganon does in WW. Except there, he steals little girls.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Haha, going with wind, we could go with "Wind Waker" and tick off the Tink boards. Hehe.

Which is exactly what Ganon does in WW. Except there, he steals little girls.

Hmmmm...

Waker .... x -1 = Expire...

Expire = Exhale...

Exhale => Breath.... =~= Wind....

Expiring Breath

Soul Expire

Wicked Expirer

Expiry Rail

Wind Expirer

"Expire" as somehow being part of a name... of a ship or train....

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
The only reason I see 'Breath' relating to Ganondorf is because of him constantly repeating "On the wind's breath" in Wind Waker.

Descending Murder.
Murder (De)railed.
Murder Cascade.
Nether-Rail.
Cataclysmic Downpour.

Those are the only ones coming to mind. Tried to relate 'em to the name chosen for his grounded down+b.

Also, I like 'Expire'. Relates to death and breath both in one swoop.

Raikou_Cypher

Smash Cadet
Hey Pk-ow!, I think I found your unholy ship. Naglfar; carries giants and monsters to Ragnarok, and Ragnarok = badazz. Unfortunately, Naglfar sounds horrible. It's a cool concept though. As for the breath thing, I'm surprised no one suggested anything along the lines of "Last Breath." Murder <3

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Hey Pk-ow!, I think I found your unholy ship. Naglfar; carries giants and monsters to Ragnarok, and Ragnarok = badazz. Unfortunately, Naglfar sounds horrible. It's a cool concept though. As for the breath thing, I'm surprised no one suggested anything along the lines of "Last Breath." Murder <3
I think something like "Last Breath" was suggested for Ftilt. I can't remember exactly what it was though...

Magnamancy

Smash Rookie
Ah, a new idea for the Dorf's Grounded Down-B, based from the ship ideas:
Dreadnought.

I haven't had any other ideas for the aerial variant though.
:p

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
One of the Gods worshiped by the Mesopotamians was Ereshkigal. She was the Goddess of the underworld and the land of the dead who passed judgement on those who descended into her kingdom of Irkalla. She acts in a very similar way to Hades from Greek mythology.

Imo I think Ereshkigal sounds badazz and suits the attack

Top Bottom