• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BADAZZ is way too small a word

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Well, the term "Soulfire" seems to be very suitable to Fsmash (PK-ow! deserves credit for this).

Soulfire Impaler is a Great and Brutal name, IMO.

Honestly, I would be glad if Soulfire Eclipse was chosen, cause I liked a lot the LordofDarkness's definitions about Soulfire Eclipse:

* "I'm a fond fan of the word "eclipse" when describing Darkness overtaking Light."

* "If the soulfire in question is indeed our opponent's lifeforce, then eclipsing it with a well timed elbow would prove to be quite fatal. It's deadly, it's dark, and I like the way it rolls off the tongue."

I think everything about Soulfire Eclipse makes sense.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
- Ye, but "Impaler" sounds more brutal; which is good.
I have to agree with you.

Brutal names are very suitable to Ganondorf's moves.

I would be glad if Soulfire Impaler was chosen too.

Soulfire Impaler and Soulfire Eclipse are Great names.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Alright, Let It Be Known that I am placing 'Dark World' in my pocket if I see some place for it. :p

Soulfire Eclipse is appealing, but I really say this for our own good - the name has to say something that forces people to see it belongs to Fsmash, without us explaining anything. Knee of Justice -> knee, which uniquely determines fair. You can't bypass this. (Except with specials.)

I personally find Impaler to roll off my tongue better than Eclipse... but then again, huh, just realized (the relevance of) this, I find it hard to clearly pronounce [k] and ... so yeah.

If we could get a word like 'eclipse', but which literally means a gutting of some kind, we'd be good.

Well, I'm taking a trip through a thesaurus, and eclipse is apparently connected to senses of 'passing out' or being (usu. violently) made to lose consciousness. So, although the following method has no guarantee of leading to what I'm after, I've usually found success just looking in that direction and seeing where I get. 'cause it seems like that might lead back to something neat in the intersection.

So I'm looking at a word like 'smother'. And such.

... and I'll just post this.

:034:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
We'll stick with Soulfire Impaler, for now.

I am placing 'Dark World' in my pocket if I see some place for it. :p
That's good to hear : D

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Next move:
Climb up Attack 100%>

I just thought about something simple:
  • Struggle Kick
  • Struggle Strike
  • Last Resort
  • Will to win

(This move is what REALLY should've been called "Wizard's foot", 'cause Wizards can't kick hard. :laugh:)

Raikou_Cypher

Smash Cadet
hmm...I like "Last Resort" a lot. Again, it's only a ledge attack, so it doesn't deserve a deep, cool name. The reason I like it, though, is because first, it sounds good, and two, (I don't know about other Ganons, but I NEVER use this move) unless it IS a Last Resort to switch places with the opponent and stomp/tipman.

"Will to Win" sounds good...but doesn't fit the move at all imo. But...I do think you could use that for a different move...since any Ganon must have a pretty solid "will to win" if they're playing at a tournament...? (and we SHOULD be going to tournaments since we're 37th on the tier list -.-") too bad geography has a 100-0 matchup against Ganon. That, and the 50 million MK tier w****s, though that's not quite 100-0... o.O

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
- Thx for the feed back, Raikou.
Ye, we could just go with "Last Resort". It's good.
But let's wait one day or so, and see what happens.

LordofDarkness

Smash Cadet
I vote "yea" for Last Resort, but for the sake of options and conversation I'm going to throw out some alternate names that come to mind.

Ledgeside Sweep
Ledgeside Lunge
Broken Back Kick
Old Man Ledge Lunge!

Broken Back not to be confused with Brokeback. It's referring to old Manondorf's back problems above 100%.

PS. Thanks for the support SBForce :] Soulfire Impaler is the best alternative in my book.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
PS. Thanks for the support SBForce :] Soulfire Impaler is the best alternative in my book.
Well, I thought Soulfire Eclipse an awesome name, cause everything makes sense.

I'll never forget this: "Darkness Overtaking Light".

You deserve credit for that.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I want a serious name for it, 'cause it does kill people, really well.
But this one is also valuable:

Boulderdash.

'Balderdash' is junk, vacuity, something worthless, gobbledygook — sometimes stamped into such nothingness. :cool:

Currently I've got "Dread Engine", because of the notion of motive power, but also on its own it can mean a siege engine.
I don't really like putting 'dread' there, though; I want something more literal.

'Engine' actually can do some nice imagery work. You could, to a rapt audience, go on about how the attack "draws from out of you, like an engine, all your [hope/dread] (+/- references to 'cold, heartless machinery')"

Any word association on that?

Hmm... from Ochobobo... :idea: maybe there's something like shadow or darkness, that also means 'rising up' or 'going up, being forced up'... which could go there.
... is there by any chance a word referring to the lengthening of shadows as the day wanes?

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
One more time,
We need a name with these properties:
- Dark or Shadow (as Ochobobo said)
- Bull's Force (Ganondorf looks like a Bull when he performs the Dash Attack, Imo)
- Power
- Boulder (as Pw-ow! said)

Nice names Ochobobo.
I thought Shadow Shoulder and Din's Dash very interesting.

Raikou_Cypher

Smash Cadet
I want a serious name for it, 'cause it does kill people, really well.
But this one is also valuable:

Boulderdash.

'Balderdash' is junk, vacuity, something worthless, gobbledygook — sometimes stamped into such nothingness. :cool:

Currently I've got "Dread Engine", because of the notion of motive power, but also on its own it can mean a siege engine.
I don't really like putting 'dread' there, though; I want something more literal.

'Engine' actually can do some nice imagery work. You could, to a rapt audience, go on about how the attack "draws from out of you, like an engine, all your [hope/dread] (+/- references to 'cold, heartless machinery')"

Any word association on that?

Hmm... from Ochobobo... :idea: maybe there's something like shadow or darkness, that also means 'rising up' or 'going up, being forced up'... which could go there.
... is there by any chance a word referring to the lengthening of shadows as the day wanes?
The whole engine idea is pretty creative, but I'm gonna have to nix the "siege" thing. Ganon couldn't stage a siege for his life. Link could, and it would sound really cool when Link was described as a siege engine, but Ganon can't, because Ganon has no projectiles. Lol.

I do like "Boulderdash," though. If for no other reason than that Ganon is attacking like a boulder crushing everything in it's path.

On the topic of machinery, and boulders, I'll throw out a few names:

Unholy StarMaker (reference to the star KO part)
Unjust Shoulder ("Unjust" + Ganon's shoulder)
Boulder Crash ("Boulder" + a fitting name)
Wrath's Shoulder (the possesive again + one of the seven deadly sins to go along with "unjust")
BoulderBreaker (Boulder + another fitting name)
Unholy Orders ( moar "un holy/just," + a word that sounds good)

All of these names were inspired by the second post in "you're all gay" (thread which has already been wizkick spiked)

You can find it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAbVGnwgT6E
(Be Just or Be Dead)

LordofDarkness

Smash Cadet
I feel a form of the word "collide" is very appropriate for the kind of animation his DA has.

Dark Collider
Dread Collision
Final Collider
Fatal Collision

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Ooh, ooh!

Megaton Massacre.

The megaton hammer breaks boulders.

A sad casualty of the Wii update to Legend of Zelda. Odd how Link has only had a hammer in LttP and OoT (outside handheld games).

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Ooh, ooh!

Megaton Massacre.

A sad casualty of the Wii update to Legend of Zelda. Odd how Link has only had a hammer in LttP and OoT (outside handheld games).
Good **** PK-ow!

The term "Megaton" seems to be BRUTAL. Also, I loved the Megaton Hammer in OoT

That's it.

Man, PK deserves something good in this thread, Imo.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Ooh, ooh!

Megaton Massacre.

Link had a hammer in Link's Adventure for the NES. However, Ganon wasn't in that one, except to laugh at you when you fail.

IMO,
Boar Charge
Megaton Massacre
Din's Dash

are good.

I like the engine idea though. Especially with the tendency towards steam engine vehicles in the last few (or coming) Zelda games.

But the boulder idea works too because the move FEELS like it's heavy and powerful, like Ganon in general.

:034:

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
About Megaton Massacre,

Well, the term Massacre isn't suitable, Imo. The second term should be something that causes impact.

Megaton Dash ?

IC3R

Smash Lord
Here's a few of my ideas:

• Barbaric Smash
  • Brutal Charge
  • Dämon Blitzkrieg
  • Dark Onslaught
  • Devastator
  • Juggernaut
  • Megaton Barge
  • Megaton Rush
  • No Mercy!
  • Savage Impact
  • Shadow Blitz

Whatcha think?

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Well, My vote goes for Megaton Rush.

German names are very suitable too.

Shadow Blitz is a good name.

IC3R

Smash Lord
lol I forgot stRIP lives in Germany. I'll fix up the word.

So is "Schatten" synonymous to "Dämon"? Because "Dämon Blitz" sounds good too...

Aside from that, I like the attention my names are getting! :)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
If you want german names, take complete ones. dont mix it
Better mix it up with Swedish: Smorgasbord Rush :bee:

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"Megaton" is awesome.
Megaton Tackle is my fav so far.

Moar:
Megaton Wagon
Megaton War Wagon
Goron Tackle
Goron's Tackle

or

"DFL" (Darkworld Football League) :bee:

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

stRIP

Smash Ace
Megaton Rush from my side.

@IC3R: i meant "Shadow Blitz" what SBF posted. Its Schatten Blitz in German

Dämon Blitz

Demon is the synonyme for Dämon. Blitz is the synonyme for Lightning. Krieg is the synonyme for war

So "Dämon Blitzkrieg" would be "Demon Lightningwar" in English.

Just ask me for some words if you want, there are a lot of animes too that use German words for things that have to be dark, magical or anything else going into black magic etc.

Look at the anime B A S T A R D! the main character is called "Dark Schneider" or Bleach, the Quincy are using a LOT of German words there for their magic

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Better mix it up with Swedish: Smorgasbord Rush :bee:

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
LOL Z1GMA !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

We should chose Megaton Rush, Megaton Tackle or "Nice German Name".

If stRIP find a nice German name, I can change my mind, I guess.

Megaton Rush (As PhantomX said).

stRIP

Smash Ace
Still Megaton Rush for me.

Dunno...give me some ideas to translate something into German and I will do it, maybe not for DA but some other moves

IC3R

Smash Lord
Come up with a name for the uppercut of Dark Dive/Din's Curse, probably relevant to the words "shadow" and "blade." Just throwing that out there.

Maybe something for Wizkick and UpSmash. I already have some names for Utilt ;)

Top Bottom