• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Axs 3 11/05

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Goggles

$5 to your $20 my Snake vs. your Sonic in a set.

$5 to your $20 my Lucario vs. your Fox.

Reasoning: I think your Fox is at a higher level than my Lucario right now, and your Sonic is obviously at a higher level than my Snake, so the chances of me winning are symbolized through the money. Shouldn't be a problem going up against JamesFree right?
Sounds like a plan.

I cant even be mad at this because you didnt even play my fox and your acting painfully scared of him based on watching me play him in like... 3 matches.
For brawl? Or melee?
one on the brawl side and one on the melee side.

The huge brawl tv was the one that I saw a cpu on. the one that the melee doubles finals matches were played on.

idk, his sonics pretty easy bro.
I wasnt going to, because the only person who saved matches on my wii, was me. And I dont want to be that guy that only Youtubes matches of myself, but just because of this, im definitely uploading the matches of me 2-0ing you in bracket now.
Good s*** to Sauc3 getting 3rd in Brawl Singles & Doubles, Winning Melee teams, and 4th in Melee singles ^_^.

Shoutouts to unknown for winning Melee Singles and 2nd in Melee Doubles

Shoutouts to Phiddlesticks for travelling (seriously, that's mad legit)!

Hopefully some of you can make my tourney in 3 weeks :)
fk sauce man....

scared to money match me after he lucked out in our brawl match.
yeah sauc3, good **** on getting 3rd in doubles all by yourself

i saw it with my own eyes since i did some mad legit travelling
this.
oh dayum i didnt know phiddle went to this, good **** :D
this
I'm surprisingly terrible against Sonic, metal pat,and it's not just him, I have trouble with TGS's as well. I'm sure it's something I can adjust to over time, but who would I play and when?
Youre really not that bad against the character. You think your bad against him because sonic is one of the... 3 characters in the game that can consistently punish lucarios f smash. and you get hit a lot, but thats what sonic does, thats the nature of the character... to have the ability to hit people a lot. its not like you can... not get hit by sonic, you just need to learn to punish certain things better.
:joyful:

Good s**** Phiddle.
this.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
I wasnt going to, because the only person who saved matches on my wii, was me. And I dont want to be that guy that only Youtubes matches of myself, but just because of this, im definitely uploading the matches of me 2-0ing you in bracket now.
whatever helps you sleep at night man. you got some videos of you winning no money from me.

where as i have no videos, but i do have your money :) im fine with that.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Naw, I'm never scared, I look forward to challenges, it's just that I'm not confident with the Fox matchup and think that you'd beat me more than I'd beat you. Thus, it would probably seem more balanced having me losing 3 sets and trying to win 1 to go for a $5 profit as opposed to dumping $60 to you when I know I'm probably gonna lose. Plus if you beat me 4 times in a row that's still $20 for you, cuz you know dem salty runbacks will be comin.

Fox is probably my worst matchup after marth and mk I guess lol. Damn upsmash and reflector combined is anti-lucario => early kills and aura sphere prevention, awesome.

Also, I'd like you to upload our money matches and sorry I didn't record the last one, I honestly thought you had to hit A with both controllers before that little save thing popped up. I totally understand the Wii......

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its weird, I have either 8 or 9 games saved, but we played 4 sets, all 3 games a piece.

kind of annoyed at that, but w/e, Just gotta rememeber to save better next time.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
I had one of the recording setups. Unfortunately I was busy playing the whole time and a lot of stuff got captured, and no one bothered to title it. So I may upload a ton of footage and have people help me out with separating it.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I updated the characters, only missing sonic ninja. Not sure who he used in tournament.

For those complaining about people leaving for food, the people that left were sauc3, phiddle,dan,david,myself,frannie,and unknown.

Due to rochester coming relatively late, we started about a hour late forfeiting our intermission time for food. And note that Alt+frannie+myself entered 5 events, and ran the tournament giving us virtually no time to eat at all. Dan David and Sauc3 entered 4 events putting them in the same situation.

If you want a tournament to go smoothly be on time so we can have a proper intermission.

All in all i had a lot of fun hosting this 1. Not hosting anymore (95% sure) posting shout outz later.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I had ice cream at a smashfest at 9:30 pm on friday went to bed at 2:30 am. woke up at 8 am, left rochester at 10 am, got to the tourney at around 11:30. Played four events and like 5 money matches, left the tournament at 12:30 am, and didnt eat anything until Pyro stopped at the gas station around 2 am. at which point I had a honey bun and a Snapple.

I was in the venue the entire day, and didnt eat a single thing. Step your shiz up.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Yeah now that I realize it, I didn't have food the entire day. It was something like 30 hours without anything to eat.

Except donuts. Thanks a ton for those!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Oh I forgot about those garbage tier donuts.

Like really, Who gets 4 dozen donuts for a ton of people that they dont know and gets ZERO plain glazed? Thats like... the default. Everyone knows youre supposed to get at least 50% plain glazed so that even if nobody eats/likes the other flavors, you can say, well at least we got plenty of plain glazed, EVERYONE Likes those.

I kept track. Those donuts got there before I did. So they were there by 11 at the latest, and we didnt finish them until like 5 or 6 pm.

Youre telling me it took 40+ people, more than SIX HOURS to eat 48 donuts. Thats some straight TRASH TIER flavor selection right there.

I also happened to notice that there was a box of plain glazed donut holes next to the box of donuts. THOSE were gone before the first event even started... And I would know.

Man, I ate like 3 of those donuts myself just because I felt bad that nobody else was eating them.

/endrant.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
I've got to say that for my first tournament and losing my first two matches I had a great time. I'm definitely going to try getting to more of these. I have to say that I'm surprised I even did as well in my matches as I did because I played as wolf. Not saying wolf is bad but I just picked him up about a week ago. (Usually a sheik main).

San: You have an amazing Ike. I don't think I can say anything outside of that.

Eeveee: It was really nice meeting you and chatting with will and tony. Hopefully I can talk them into going to more tournaments.

Vibe: I have decided that I need to play you. Thanks for the advice with sheik though. Not sure if I'm better off learning marth to cover my counters or learning to play a better wolf and going from there.

I know there are a lot of people I would like to say things to/about but unfortunately I am terrible with names so I will leave it at this: I had a great time for my first tournament and it was definitely nice to meet everybody that I did.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Did YOU eat them?

Cause I was trying to give them joints away and dudes was like, 'Nahhhhh, im good.'

Also, I should have played more people in brawl, some of you seemed pretty good and I probably could have showed you guys some stuff.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
K.I.D you talk a lot of s*** for someone who seems to get scraped a lot.

just saying.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
well what are you refering to?

If your talking about my statement about showing the newer players some stuff, thats just because i was impressed with them so far and I play a lot of characters and could show them some tricks and stuff they might not know about.

if your talking about the sauce comments, im just suuuuuuper salty about how our set ended and the fact that he wouldnt money match me after.

As far as san goes, Ive probably put far more time and work into analysing the character and learning his specific patterns as a player, that i think its entirely fair to say that I probably have a better chance of beating him than everyone else.

I can see how from somebody that doesnt know me that it seems like im just talking out of my butthole, but people that know me know that I put in the time and I speak with authority because for the most part, I know what im talking about.

Also, since San is number 1 in the region, can I like request to fight him first round next tournament or something?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
yea i was referring specifically to your comments about san, nintendude and sauc3.
you're right i don't know you, but from reading this thread and looking at the results, it just strikes me as odd some of the comments you make.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
K.I.D you talk a lot of s*** for someone who seems to get scraped a lot.

just saying.
Lol this was just a amusing.

Goggles maybe you should have eaten, sauc3 ate and beat you and me. I ate beat pikapika james and sauc3. Food does the body wonders.

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
Kyle you really hurt my feelings. i did what i could for the community and all i would've really liked is a thank you from you, even if that came with a bunch of complaining. I don't even get that. and you even ate one of those bad donuts.

i think what is most annoying for me is that sometimes i hear people, who have never met you but only hear you running your mouth, that you're an *******. i actually stick up for you sometimes. when you say things like what you did at the end of the night regarding my water bottle filter, i think meanly of you, and i really try not to. i accept the fact that you sometimes don't know when to stop talking. i don't accept the fact that i've tried to reconcile with you and tell you how uncomfortable i am about you saying certain things, and that you disregard that and continue talking to me the way you do. i underestand that i've made mistakes but i'm doing my best to stop. is it really hard for you to just act polite to me? even if it's JUST acting? that's all i'm asking. i'm sorry if that's too much but i was really under the impression that you were capble of at least that.

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
I've got to say that for my first tournament and losing my first two matches I had a great time. I'm definitely going to try getting to more of these. I have to say that I'm surprised I even did as well in my matches as I did because I played as wolf. Not saying wolf is bad but I just picked him up about a week ago. (Usually a sheik main).

Eeveee: It was really nice meeting you and chatting with will and tony. Hopefully I can talk them into going to more tournaments.

I know there are a lot of people I would like to say things to/about but unfortunately I am terrible with names so I will leave it at this: I had a great time for my first tournament and it was definitely nice to meet everybody that I did.
I'm glad to hear you had a great time! I hope to see you at more events as well! Will you be going to Best 5? Names will come with attendance, so no worries there. you guys are always welcome to join Syracuse for fests/if we go to tournaments else where

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I actually forced sauce to play me before he ate.

As far the water bottle thing, that wasnt even my words. The dude I was talking to thought it was my water bottle and legitamately asked me if it was a dildo. I thought that that was hilarious, so I had to run with it. And when you filled it for me when we played doubles finals, I was already upset, so I wasnt talking at all, although I did thank you, I dont know if you noticed because I did it in sign language.

I also thanked somebody (probably the front desk girls) multiple times for the glazed doughnut holes. I had to cus I went to town on those. So I apologise for not seeking you out directly for that.

That being said, not only did you involve me needlessly in you personal drama and affairs, you also messed up and did some real dirty stuff to one of my best friends. And I personally have yet to hear or be notified of any form of apology for either of those things. So no, Im not going to give you any special treatment, just because youre a girl, or because you put up the facade of being innocent and fragile. Youve done just enough for me to be in the same room with you and give you the exact same treatment I give everybody else. And James and Pat and San and everyone else seems to be able to handle that just fine.

That being said, Shoutouts to sauce for beating me in 3 out of the 4 events that we both entered. Especially since I took the one victory I could from him in brawl doubles and trash talked him as hard as I possibly could for it. I took the melee matches to the chin because it was clear that you were way better than me. But that Brawl singles match had me fuming. Im definitely running that back the next time I see you

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
That being said, Shoutouts to sauce for beating me in 3 out of the 4 events that we both entered. Especially since I took the one victory I could from him in brawl doubles and trash talked him as hard as I possibly could for it. I took the melee matches to the chin because it was clear that you were way better than me. But that Brawl singles match had me fuming. Im definitely running that back the next time I see you
Implying that pikapika didn't carry you.

Implying that you're better than sauce after losing to him in tournament.

Implying you don't place last at 100+ man tourneys in NY/NJ.

ok.

eeveee

Smash Journeyman

As far the water bottle thing, that wasnt even my words. The dude I was talking to thought it was my water bottle and legitamately asked me if it was a dildo. I thought that that was hilarious, so I had to run with it. And when you filled it for me when we played doubles finals, I was already upset, so I wasnt talking at all, although I did thank you, I dont know if you noticed because I did it in sign language.

I also thanked somebody (probably the front desk girls) multiple times for the glazed doughnut holes. I had to cus I went to town on those. So I apologise for not seeking you out directly for that.

That being said, not only did you involve me needlessly in you personal drama and affairs, you also messed up and did some real dirty stuff to one of my best friends. And I personally have yet to hear or be notified of any form of apology for either of those things. So no, Im not going to give you any special treatment, just because youre a girl, or because you put up the facade of being innocent and fragile. Youve done just enough for me to be in the same room with you and give you the exact same treatment I give everybody else. And James and Pat and San and everyone else seems to be able to handle that just fine.

Regarding drama, I remember I actually inquired prior to divulging you in things, whether or not you wanted to listen or were interested. If I hadn't, I'm sorry for getting you involved. That was never my intention.

In addition, my apologies were lodged several times on various occasions, throughout everything that happened. I am not expecting special treatment because I am a girl. I'm expecting special treatment only because I specifically noted that I do not enjoy being treated that way. If that is a side effect of being female, then so be it. If another guy asked you to back off, sincerely, I believe you'd follow suit.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
All in all i had a lot of fun hosting this 1. Not hosting anymore (95% sure) posting shout outz later.
I'ma take over AXS and bring it to 5.

Goggles maybe you should have eaten, sauc3 ate and beat you and me. I ate beat pikapika james and sauc3. Food does the body wonders.
Yeah I beat Cura first match, and then he stopped to eat a donut and wrecked me the next two matches. This yields the conclusion that I would've won this tournament if Cura didn't have that donut. Ban donuts and metaknight.

unknown522

Some guy
Well, I had fun at this tourney. Thank you very much Matt and Frannie for hosting/housing/picking us up/food/etc. It was all greatly appreciated.

I had a good time hanging out and playing with a lot of you guys at the tourney and the smashfest. San was awesome to watch in brawl as well.

Also, reading this drama and mass johns was kind of annoying. <_<

Shoutouts later.

flaw

Smash Apprentice
ggs everyone, esp thanks to zandaa for playing me for 2 hours straight, people who are better than me will rarely play me for more than a few matches at a time and its tough to learn that way.

glad i watched a zhu vs ice climbers vid right before this, i actually had a chance vs cura

rob we should train next month when i get even better at the fox matchup

inty vs beta was fun to watch, stacked first round

lol@foy and mute city with falcon and jaiye timing out people

sorry to nightro for giving up the recording tv to neil vs unknown, but i thought it would be better if winner's semis was recorded rather than loser's round 3. i was afraid if we played neil would get bored and play on some other tv.

as for the donuts, you guys had chocolate cream filled donuts and though they're not popular they are my favorite (unless stale), thx

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Oh I forgot about those garbage tier donuts.

Like really, Who gets 4 dozen donuts for a ton of people that they dont know and gets ZERO plain glazed? Thats like... the default. Everyone knows youre supposed to get at least 50% plain glazed so that even if nobody eats/likes the other flavors, you can say, well at least we got plenty of plain glazed, EVERYONE Likes those.

I kept track. Those donuts got there before I did. So they were there by 11 at the latest, and we didnt finish them until like 5 or 6 pm.

Youre telling me it took 40+ people, more than SIX HOURS to eat 48 donuts. Thats some straight TRASH TIER flavor selection right there.

I also happened to notice that there was a box of plain glazed donut holes next to the box of donuts. THOSE were gone before the first event even started... And I would know.

Man, I ate like 3 of those donuts myself just because I felt bad that nobody else was eating them.

/endrant.
You're ranting about someone providing free food that you didn't have to eat. You are aware of this, right?

This sort of bullcrap actually pisses me off. There's not a single word of politeness, not even an attempt at appreciating the gesture. It's free food. They spent money in an effort to make the environment a nicer, friendlier place. And you're not even bothering to thank them for the gesture or even frame your criticism in a constructive way. You're actually just *****ing because you didn't like the flavor.

Do you know what happens when people get feedback like this? It encourages people to not bring donuts again. It encourages people who are willing to put a bit of extra effort in to not bother because people are just gonna ***** about it.

FUCK. You.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
At first I didn't even think that rant was really serious. The tourney wasn't bad because people didn't like the donuts. Cura and Eevee didn't do a bad job either because of it.

People should start bring packed food to tourneys. I did, but ended up leaving it in the car because I was more concerned about how we got lost on the way to the venue. I ate on the drive back. Sure I wasn't there for Melee, but I know that I'm responsible for how I eat on occasions like tourneys.

Probably gonna pack lunch for every tourney I go to in the future. :l

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Come on, Goggles. At least appreciate the effort that went into having the food there, and be grateful that they tried to enhance the experience. They could have very well just said, "**** you guys, no free food. Find your own." And that would have been perfectly fine. But they didn't. That's all I'll say on that.

(Cura, my name is still spelled wrong, btw.)

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Good stuff to san for winning this, I gave him some practice for like 7 hours. Surprised he still had the energy to play.

This tournament actually makes me optimistic, maybe I'll start going to Brawl tournaments again. You guys seem like a great friendly group and a mature community, even though I only really know Goggles, san, and Cura. I just may start coming to some of these up-state NY tournaments with san now. Get ready for double Ike :).

sauc3

Smash Lord
if you wanted a rematch goggles you should have just asked nicely, instead of shouting from across the venue, calling me a scrub, and demanding me to mm me after our "BS" set so that everyone can see you lose again and you can blame it on luck or w/e (when our set was really close and no part of it was luck or bs, you lost, just deal with it) I declined because me beating you again would have proved nothing, and i'm not catering to the needs of someone who acts like a child. grow up man

shoutoutz to come, i had a great time at this tourney, playin all the new people, although i was dead tired by the end of it ;P, 4 events is too much for me lol,

thanks a lot cura and eevee for housing us/driving us/feeding us, you guys are AWESOME and i will definitely come to future events (and i will try my best to be on time at the bus terminal, sry about that again)

MetalPat

Smash Ace
I had ice cream at a smashfest at 9:30 pm on friday went to bed at 2:30 am. woke up at 8 am, left rochester at 10 am, got to the tourney at around 11:30. Played four events and like 5 money matches, left the tournament at 12:30 am, and didnt eat anything until Pyro stopped at the gas station around 2 am. at which point I had a honey bun and a Snapple.

I was in the venue the entire day, and didnt eat a single thing. Step your shiz up.
this is honestly what i would say. EVERY tournament i went to i had always made sure, if i left that the TO knew i was leaving and that someone was staying at the tournament to inform me if i was going to be missing anything coming up.

I don't really care what reasons people had for not being there, ESPECIALLY the TO's. you are running the event, whether you enter all 5 events, or none at all. you are running it, YOU are responsible for making it run smoothly. if people dont show up, it is YOUR choice to wait for them to show up instead of starting on time. not their fault for showing up late. start the tourney early, they will learn not to show up late.

deal with it.

as for saying "alt was TO as well", then yes that did help. alt was able to get a couple games going, but it was hard because
1) noone really knew alt was helping run the tournament
2) with there being no DQ rule for not showing up to the match on time, anyone could have been gone for an hour and not had to worry about DQ. Alt really couldn't have done anything in regards to the tournament running late.

this was definitely well run in the early part, but that hour wait was the worst thing ive experienced at any tournament other than ktar when everything kept getting shut off mid games.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't believe eevee even brought the glazed donuts. i also pigged out on those, so thank you whoever brought them. and even though i only had one of eevee's donuts as well, i still thanked her for bringing them. it was a very nice thing to do that she DID NOT have to do. same could be said about many things that are done. they dont have to do many things they do, but regardless, you thank them for doing what they do in order to help.

Implying you don't place last at 100+ man tourneys in NY/NJ.

ok.
yo, come down to a NY tournament sometime if i cant make it up to canada.
i love the sonic match up, and i hear you're ok. id love to play ya in some games.

Top Bottom