• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Axs 3 11/05

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad to hear you had a great time! I hope to see you at more events as well! Will you be going to Best 5? Names will come with attendance, so no worries there. you guys are always welcome to join Syracuse for fests/if we go to tournaments else where
I'm debating between grand theft auto, a bus or hopefully finding a ride. I would love to but right now it isn't looking too good but I'm hopeful.

:phone:

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
For the hold up in the tournament on the later half, I am sorry for the wait for many of you. There was a lack of communication on our parts and we should have made this clear what was going on. We will be sure that it won't happen again in the event that we hold something else.

Also I miiiight be going to Best 5 in spite of initially saying I wasn't. I thought I would've had a lot of work to catch up on for school but it's not looking bad at all.

MetalPat is definitely a glazed donut monster.
edit: Pat regarding people showing up late I completely agree with what you were saying. However in order to achieve a larger attendance/prize pot for our guests, especially for Melee, waiting for Rochester was mandatory. Rochester is the dominant Melee scene in upstate, and without them, there wouldn't be much for teams. I think in the face of the crap they went through that morning it wasn't that bad in retrospect.

Dudu: http://kdsvending.com/images/open-pepsi.gif wrrrrr. that's probably the most entertaining thing i saw regarding vending machines all evening.

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
goggles, flaw, rtf, foy, nightro, inty, shroudedone, pyro

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
you guys need to have other ways to blow off your steam then to rant and rave after a tourny!!! cmon i just wanna see good natured ribbings and shoutouts because im sad i cant make thinsg anymore :(

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if you wanted a rematch goggles you should have just asked nicely, instead of shouting from across the venue, calling me a scrub, and demanding me to mm me after our "BS" set so that everyone can see you lose again and you can blame it on luck or w/e (when our set was really close and no part of it was luck or bs, you lost, just deal with it) I declined because me beating you again would have proved nothing, and i'm not catering to the needs of someone who acts like a child. grow up man
Did I actually call you a scrub? If I did, I was probably just trying to goad you into playing me. I also dont recall saying that the set was BS.I said is was lucky and random, which is definitely poor johns. Especially when rewatching the matches upon my returning home. I definitely choked and flubbed on like 5-6 different oppurtunities to take the last stock. Had I played you again and lost again, I wouldnt have been mad because I highly doubt it would have ended the same way, regardless of whether I won or lost. When I got super salty it and was yelling at you, it actually wasnt because of our set at the time either. I was just madd that I lost to neil for like the ten MILLIONTH time.

SO.

All that being said, at no fault of anybody else, I wasnt having the best day at the tourney, therefore I handled the situation immaturely and poorly, and I want to apologise to you for that. Playing you was actually a very strong test of certain things that Ive been trying to work on as a player. Thus it was very fun to me, Im glad we got to play and I really want to play you again at some point if possible.

EDIT
Shoutouts to mana for being a Man and living a responsible life as an adult, even if its at the cost of being able to go to tourneys, I definitely look up to you for that man.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Also, unrelated.

Shoutouts to my boy Jaiye. I have taught you well. lol. You know you done made it, when you get a guy who named himself after a character, to straight up drop that character. I couldnt even do that, And believe me I tried. Im so proud of you. You also had the only time out of the entire tournament and it was in Melee too. I couldnt have been happier.

I dont wanna be mean to that dude tho, so shoutouts to that guy that I dont want to put on blast. cus I respect you alot and you put in work but based on what I saw, I think the switch will work out for you in the long run. I hope you get the results you are looking for.

Sharky

Smash Master
Just sayin', the only reason the donuts lasted for like 5 hours is I only got there by the fifth hour XD

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
All of the pooping scared me away from posting numerous times.

ANYWAY:

Nintendude: Playing against you in teams was super awesome. You adjust quicker than I do. I couldn't catch you in the second and third games XD
ZandAAAAA & Honeybadger: fun matches. It's always nice to get beaten by people I've never heard of before. Soz if I was angsty or anything... It's always a rush to get a bajillion matches in.
Dudu: I can't believe I'm installing AIM just for you.
Pikapika: I realized I forgot to un-adjust your car seat when I was done driving. I hope it's nice and comfy now :bee:
Goggles: Don't get hit. Best serious advice ever?
Spamus: I think you need to watch yourself play a little bit more. I think it'll help out a ton.
ShroughwwdedOne: Climb that ladder!
TML: Where you at? :c
The rest of Rochester: If you didn't make it you're a bum!
Canada: always impressive, you know. <3
Syracuse: It's great to see people develop.
BrawlPlayers: Hi there.
All of the teams I played: I <3 teams. Thanks for playing!
TOs and helpers: I prepared for this event for over a month - I can only imagine how much you work you put in - props & thanks!

I felt warmed up after I was out of tournament, but that's fine. I had a blast. I gots lotsa of business and busyness to clear up (CVs and cover letters = "I" statements, apparently). Johns4dayz, Ciao4now.

PikaPika!

Smash Ace
You're ranting about someone providing free food that you didn't have to eat. You are aware of this, right?

This sort of bullcrap actually pisses me off. There's not a single word of politeness, not even an attempt at appreciating the gesture. It's free food. They spent money in an effort to make the environment a nicer, friendlier place. And you're not even bothering to thank them for the gesture or even frame your criticism in a constructive way. You're actually just *****ing because you didn't like the flavor.

Do you know what happens when people get feedback like this? It encourages people to not bring donuts again. It encourages people who are willing to put a bit of extra effort in to not bother because people are just gonna ***** about it.

FUCK. You.
Eat a dic k

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Good stuff to san for winning this, I gave him some practice for like 7 hours. Surprised he still had the energy to play.

This tournament actually makes me optimistic, maybe I'll start going to Brawl tournaments again. You guys seem like a great friendly group and a mature community, even though I only really know Goggles, san, and Cura. I just may start coming to some of these up-state NY tournaments with san now. Get ready for double Ike :).
I hung in there. My autopilot is strong, since half the time I don't even know what happened seconds prior.

PikaPika!

Smash Ace
Probably my last time seeing or talking to many of you (some for various reasons that most people know by now ;) ) So have fun and take care

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Also, Neil quoting that post by KK reminded me of something.

I just realised not to long ago that the biggest contributor to me not even running tourneys anymore, was because after (and before too) every tournament I ran, Cura was always rallying people to rag on my efforts and moan and complain about the work I put in for my events. So eventually I was just like, well eff it. But its not fair to punish people that are new to the scene like Jaiye, for stuff that happened in the past. Which is why me and pyro are going to be trying to maybe hold a tourney in the spring.

@san, that happens to me sometimes too. like ill get mad at a situation that happened, and ill try to describe it and wont even be able to remember what led up to it lol.

@vibe, that among other things lol

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
1. San - Nice job on 1st as always. I haven't gotten to play you at the last couple of tourneys. I guess I'm just scared.
2. Cura - Thanks for hosting a great tourney and housing me. Really enjoyed the whole experience.
3. Sauc3 - When we were playing friendly doubles at Cura's I didn't pin you as 3rd place. Good **** surpassing my expectations
4. Pikapika! - I don't think I've ever played you, but good job jeering at Vibe.
5. James G - I seriously want to play your Lucario. Such an interesting character.
5. K.I.D Goggles - You have an ego, but you're a nice enough person in person. Can't believe I took a game off you in our mm with the jigglypuff I never play.
7. Metal Pat - Stop outplacing me. You're not better than me.
7. Vibe - Really wish I didn't have to play you again. I have such an absolute hatred for Marth these days. I hope you know my smack talk towards you is all in good fun and because I know you best of anyone in the scene.
9. Tyrant - Nice placing for first tournament. Definitely get No Skillz to come out to stuff. From what I remember on Wifi, he's pretty good.
9. Calm - Your Olimar is terrible. Time to take Wario more seriously for matchups I don't like.
9. Ldon - I didn't see you play at all, but good job anyway. Marth's a gay character.
9. Bcb - Your Wario is definitely better than mine on a technical level. I just got a few good reads on farts. You also got a little antsy for kills which gave me decent percent leads when you finally killed me. You play the Olimar matchup really well, staying high up in the air where Olimar can't do much. That's why i had to make the switch.
13. Dudu - You've improved so much since I 3-stocked you at 2nd or 3rd BEST. All while playing Melee mostly. Thanks for being a great travel companion and just a generally awesome person.
13. Smm1 - You had Vibe. That's a ******** matchup, so good ****. I got my *** whooped after you, so you're clearly better at the matchup than me.
13. Sharky - I finally understand Yoshi after playing several wifi people and Raptor recently. I think that showed in our friendlies.
17. Eeveee - Thanks for teaming with me. It was ton of fun even though we both seemed to do better when the other was dead lol. Thanks for the free stuff. Thanks for running the tournament. Hope you can make it out to 5th BEST.
17. TGS - I'm starting to understand Sonic too. Definitely abusing Bite>spindash in tournament against you.
17. Alt - Tons of fun friendlies at Cura's. Your'e a great person getting everyone from the Albany area to the tournament.
17. Phiddlesticks - Love Boozer. We should have ditto'd
17. Mako - You should have beat Vibe. I'm disappointed
25. VFXM - Love Mario. You're placing here is not in line with the quality of player you are. I had a really difficult match with you. But yeah, remember Mario's nair>Olimar.

Melee people:

Zaaaaaaaaaaandaaaaaaaaa - I don't really know what to say in this shoutout, but I figured I should give you one. Hope you had fun a the tourney I guess?

Honeybadger - Love to see relatively unknown players come into the region and wreck ****. You definitely had Jesse. Don't let pressure get to you. Fun car ride as well. Thanks for not being one of those snobby Melee players that thinks Brawl is far below him.

And good seeing everyone else: Beta, Erk, Rochester, etc.
And good **** Canada for making the trip. Love that sort of enthusiam.

Now for the shameless advertising:
Everyone should come to 5th BEST

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Lazy shoutouts. If you're in this list you are the best of the best

TGS - Hey! Still waiting for that exam. I'm studying everyday.

Calm - Thanks a ton for the ride. Sorry I won't be able to go to 5th BEST, and sorry for falling asleep in the car ride home. Gotta try to play more brawl next time after melee ends .

Eevee - Thanks a ton for hosting, donuts, housing, etc. Don't let anyone get you down! That tournament was awesome, and it really is my own fault for not eating (not like I need more food anyway!)

Bcb - Awesome seeing and playing you again. You always flatter me for no reason haha (maybe because Wario is the jigglypuff of brawl? (is he even?)) I'll keep what you said in mind about keeping a lead.

Sauc3 - Good playing you. Playing against smart foxes makes me realize how much I need to work on that matchup.

Pikapika! - I wasn't testing if you would lie, I honestly forgot about the hero selection etc. Good MM, I'll have to work on vs Sheik. Maybe when I get hon back up we'll find time to play some.

K.I.D Goggles - Good MM. You were honestly the one out of 3 that I was most confident in haha. Shoulda counterpicked you to Flatzone

Nintendude - Great to finally play you. Felt really confident about the ICs matchup before from all the kyu puff practice, but I don't know anymore...... Good money match too. I'll try to get more games in with you next time.

Unknown - Top tier snoring. Good stuff winning melee, but I wish you gave us more games instead of just taking our money :(

JesiahTEG - Another close set. I honestly wasn't expecting it to be so close though. I'll try to get more games with you next time too. It's hard finding the balance between teaching people and getting better yourself.

Zanda - You make me feel braver. I'm try to play more and more like Zanda when I play falcon now.

ShroudedOne - ONE LINE ALL I GET IS ONE LINE FUUUUUUUU
nah jk
BUT SERIOUSLY 3 HOURS OF FRIENDLIES I EXPECT A 5 PAGE ESSAY

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I also very very recently learned a lot and got confident in the wario matchup.

people should try that bite > Sonic nonsense on me. lol.

Makes me mad and confused that I somehow managed to play painfully few of you guys at this in brawl.

also MASSIVE SHOUTOUTS TO AZEAL FOR SHOWING UP TO THIS TOURNAMENT AND TOTALLY NOT LEAVING ME OUT TO DRY IN DOUBLES! THANKS BRO! HAD SO MUCH FUN PLAYING TONS OF FRIENDLIES WITH YOU.

D

Deleted member

rochester NY has always had IMO the best community to play smash with. don't be gay about donuts.

i actually really miss you guys i spent most of my career playing with. the old A51 tournaments were easily the most fun i ever had @ this game.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Thanks DewDaDash and I see what you did there.

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
alt i forgot to say thanks for the wheat thins lol those were awesome my bad for eating like half the box.

PikaPika!

Smash Ace
rochester NY has always had IMO the best community to play smash with. don't be gay about donuts.

i actually really miss you guys i spent most of my career playing with. the old A51 tournaments were easily the most fun i ever had @ this game.
<3~ Max you should come back up at some point or go to APEX

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Does it really matter? You're criticizing KK for saying something that was completely in order. I don't have to be from 2006 to know that. It's also quite easy to see how things have been in the past, which makes the importance of join dates irrelevant, but that's another issue.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
both of yall Neil and Dark need to chill.
This started because of a goofy only half serious rant I went on.

it aint that serious.

Anyways, Max pleeeeease go to apex. I only went to one tourney with you and you made it awesome

PikaPika!

Smash Ace
Does it really matter? You're criticizing KK for saying something that was completely in order. I don't have to be from 2006 to know that. It's also quite easy to see how things have been in the past, which makes the importance of join dates irrelevant, but that's another issue.
Who's criticizing? I'm just telling him what he should go do

D

Deleted member

i'll definitely be at apex. you guys just make sure all the roch regs make it.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
KID, you never said that the rant was only half-serious. But okay.

Also:

Dudutsai: The thing that stopped me from writing more was that I have a poor memory of matches, and that I didn't want to take up millions of lines. :)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Well, I basically made the same rant in person, almost word for word, at the tournament. Originally, all I said was, how come you didnt get any plain glazed? and than Frannie got all butt hurt and was trying to defend her flavor choices and it just escalated from there. It was really a big deal. cus like i said I ate like 3 of em. But, it was just like one of those things were, you say youre doing it for the community, but you clearly made the choices based on what you would like personally, and the logic just didnt follow with me. But Im clearly not being serious if im complaining about food while im eating it lol.

shoutouts to san for winning again, while conspicuously avoiding playing me again. Like... weve played like 2 times in tourney in the last 2 years. Whats up with that? Money match at Apex or something.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
1. San - never expected anything less. i really wanna get some GOOD practice with you, and try to figure out this match up better :)
2. Cura - you are definitely alot better than i give you credit for, and i would also love to work on some match ups with you as well. you definitely helped me alot with my snake, but only saying a couple things, so thanks.
3. Sauc3 - I really wish i got to play you, playing your sonic was no where NEAR as fun as im sure playing your other characters would have been.
4. Pikapika! - scrub.
5. James G - glad to meet you man. i wish i had ANY clue what to have done in the lucario MU. i think if we had played a couple more matches, i would have definitely gone alot smoother for me, congrats on 5th though.
5. K.I.D Goggles - thanks for the money bro :)
7. Metal Pat - keep it up.
7. Vibe - really wanna work on that marth MU with you. i have no idea how to get back on the stage against you, and it drives me crazy.
9. Tyrant - congrats on 9th man! you are definitely a great player and i can't wait to see you do better in future tournaments.
9. Calm - im honestly really happy i didnt have to play you this tournament. even though records show otherwise, i am extremely scared of your olimar (and olimar in general). its always really scary having to face you :p
9. Ldon - good **** in doubles. you guys had me really worried from the start. definitely alot better than i expected.
9. Bcb - good **** in doubles. you guys had me really worried from the start. definitely alot better than i expected.
13. Phantom - fun matches in losers bracket. keep it up.
13. Dudu - im very upset i didnt get to play you. i hear all this good talk about you and i didn't see you play once. next time i see you wanna mm man.
13. Smm1 - good **** in doubles. your oli really ****ed me up man. your yoshi is alright but olimar is where its at man! i'm just super salty to lose to vibe in doubles twice (when its clear its you and calm that carried him both times ;) )
13. Sharky - but... :( youre so much better than this! better see better results at 5th best!!!
17. Eeveee - eeveee im so sad i didn't get to play you in bracket. every tournament i look forward to playing you in bracket or something and it never happens :(
17. TGS - lol, scrub. this is bad, even for you. the kid that knocked you out musta been mad legit tho.
17. Alt - thanks for the ride man. really helped out alot, if i could id do the same for you :)

sauc3

Smash Lord
alright, so unfortunately i don't know all of you by name or tag, so these shoutoutz may not make a lot of sense. I'll do what i can (in no particular order)

Eevee & Cura - still can't thank you two enough, my whole experience was because of you, and it was awesome. Really couldn't ask for anything better you guys did an awesome job!

Cura - both sets were really fun. first set was really interesting, you caught some unlucky breaks and i had a clutch moment or two, but i really thought you had me that last game (as i've said many times lol), second set you were just plain outplaying me. I couldn't find a way in, and i was always fighting from behind. Once you had cps i knew i had to straight up beat your marth with mk, but alas, i couldn't. Good **** in melee doubles, you started catching on to my fox strats near the end and it got really hard to kill you. Singles was fun too, you had an awesome comeback game 2, you had me sweating for sure. We both kinda got ***** by san lol, though you did way better than me lol, good job, overall you're an excellent player. Keep it up.

Eevee - i must say i was very impressed with your mk, caught me by surprise, some great techskill too. ggs, keep playin i'll be sure to play you next time im in syracuse.

San - wooo man you are a beast. You're mixups were beyond me i couldn't even keep track of them lol, i had an awesome time gettin ***** by you. Reads, mixups, techskill, you've got it all man, and your placing shows it. Goood **** i wish we could have friendlied more.

Kid Goggles - alright, that was a pretty heart warming apology so i'll take it lol, your sonic is really good, in some ways i was more nervous fighting you than when i play meekspeedy, you damage output is really quick for a sonic, which was kind of surprising considering its sonic lol, (i know he has 2-3 move strings, but i was at 80 in seconds), definitely a momentum based player, if i had to give advice, don't try and force too much **** to work. When you let the kill moves and damage come naturally you did a lot better. GGs we can rematch more sure next time, just dont be so outrageous about it next time. GGs in doubles aswell, i think you let those wins get to your head tho

First round brawl singles (diddy?), good games man, you caught some unlucky gimps, just remember you get your side -b back everytime i hit you, so dont automatically use your upb after i hit you out of it. ggs

doubles first round (mk/wario) - fun games, i wish that 0 - death got recorded, you guys were jokes, COME AT THE LEDGE! lol, ggs good stuff in generally both of you

pikapika - we played in like, every event haha. you got me in brawl doubles, i got you in melee doubles, melee singles was a really fun set, i was surprised when you said alright i took a game, cuz honestly i went into that set expecting to lose, since i've heard of you and im just some random canadian lol, great sheik, your set ups were really good, and your edgguarding was solid, just work on recovery mixups and getting out of combos (which i know shiek doesnt have much, but thats how i was beating you), we never got to play in brawl but i'm fairly certain you would have beat me, i have no idea what to do vs pikachu lol, and you were messing me up in doubles.

nintendude - ya i had an awesome time teaming with you. We just lacked some general experience with each others styles so we hit each other a little too much neat the begginning lol, but near the end we definitely started figuring it out. i'd be down to team in the future just let me know, i usually space on that ****. Good games in singles too, i wanted another run at you in lfs, but jesiahteg got the best of me. ggs

jesiahteg - man i've had a huge crush on your marth since rom, so i had a great time playing you in brakcet and in friendlies, wish we could have played more your marth is really unique, and all my usual marth evasion maneuvers were being shut down hard. great combos/edguguarding, out set was maad fun lol, im not salty at all i kind of expected to lose, you marth is awesome man keep it up.

dudu - that puff hittin the open air ;P. works in friendlies but i warned you i played really gay and campy in tournament, you had awesome edgeguard tho and you were really hard to hit, you just gotta get more damage and block my escapes. plus puff is one of my favourite matchups to play in tourney, so don't feel bad for losing, there aren't many puffs i lose to.

ryan - good seeing you again, always fun traveling/chillin with you, the things this man remembers is insane! stories from years past to the detail lol, good stuff in singles vs nintendude, overcoming that matchup, you were ****** my **** in doubles too, ggs you're so solid, thanks for the combos! :p

geoff - hows our baseball team doing? thanks for housing meh, had a great time the whole weekend, im really glad i came, fun teamsies too, ill be doing slide puzzles in my sleep.

that marth - great marth man, you play very similar to iliad lol, good games you're a really chill guy, funny too
that yoshi - good job beatin phiddles, i enjoyed watchin your yoshi

i feel like there's a few i missed, so i'll edit later, time to play some league of legends!

unknown522

Some guy
Unknown - Top tier snoring. Good stuff winning melee, but I wish you gave us more games instead of just taking our money :(
should've asked. I'm not going to ask you guys. But I'm not going to refuse if asked, unless something important comes up

ryan - good seeing you again, always fun traveling/chillin with you, the things this man remembers is insane! stories from years past to the detail lol, good stuff in singles vs nintendude, overcoming that matchup, you were ****** my **** in doubles too, ggs you're so solid, thanks for the combos! :p
<3

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
L-Don carried me in doubles, btw. He's the one that got crazy gimps, I just tanked a little bit. ;)

Top Bottom