• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Axs 3 11/05

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Was a great tourney. Just wanted to say that I hated my bracket tho. People I played are people I play every tourney, and my teammate, and one of the best players in our area second round. Pretty stupid.

Shoutouts:
1. San: Nice friendlies we had. Good job on first. Again. Lol.

2. Cura: Congrats on making that money. See you @ 5th Best.

3. Sauc3: God damn Canadians coming down here taking our money. Good **** though, even though I wasn't able to watch any of your sets. Hope to see you at another tournament some time.

4. Pikapika!: GGs we had. First MK I've done a grab release spike on in tourney. Lol. We'll see how things go at the next tourney.

5. James G: I really wanted to play you in bracket gdi. Of all the credible players, why did it have to be PikaPika that I played second.

5. K.I.D Goggles: By the time I got to you in bracket I was playing like such ****. Lolz. GGs tho. Hopefully I'll play you again at some other tourney. Wrestling moves are overrated imo.

7. Metal Pat: reppin' dat albany status. Sucks I won't see you @ 5th Best tho.

9. Tyrant: You placed pretty well for your first tourney. Repping Albany.

9. Calm: Also repping Albany. herp played you again derp. Keep working on that Oli/Wario

9. Ldon: lol sucks and Marth needs more rep. So get your *** to tournies.

9. Bcb: I did not realize you were Pie Disliker at all. lol.

13. Dudu: Did pretty well in Bracket. It's pretty cool you entered Brawl when no other Melee player did.

13. Smm1: It was great teaming with you again. Too bad Payout wasn't to 4th. Sucks we had to play in bracket, and it sucks that Frigate is gay, but I had fun brawling you. Also is stupid that our set wasn't recorded. :/

13. Sharky: THE CURSE HAS BEEN BROKEN... ****...

17. TGS: You placed a little low, but what can I say. I taught Metal Pat well. : P

17. Alt: Cool seeing you again. The drive home was pretty fun. Still pretty much one of the cooler people in upstate, deff. See you @ 5th Best.

17. Phiddlesticks: Was great talking with you. Hope you guys definitely come back down some time.

17. Mako: Played you in bracket again lol. Was cool talking to you, too. See you @ BFC. Herp.

x13mako

Smash Ace
Based on how the brackets were set up, there was little to keep it alive, even if I beat Ldon, losers would have Sharky and me running into each other.

EDIT: Though beating Vibe would have done it, and made Calm happy.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
For some character usage information, I did use Snake once, and Phiddlesticks went Pokemon Trainer against me in our second game.

For my first tournament, I was pleased with my placing, and I enjoyed it. I do think however, that it was irresponsible for some people to leave for food during Brawl singles while they had matches to play. That delayed the tournament for a good 30 minutes to an hour.

For shoutouts:

Alt - Thank you so much for being willing to drive from and back to Schenectady. I really, really appreciated it.

Calm - Thanks so much for contacting me on AiB to tell me of the existence of this smash scene, and inviting me to play with you guys in Renssalaer.

Zandaaa - Thanks for notifying me of the carpool details and contacting me about it, I'll go create that AiM account you suggested.

Metal Pat - You were great to hang out with during the tournament, shame our tournament set ended anticlimactically due to recovery snafus from myself after those first two close games.

Vibe - You too were great to hang out with, and my Dedede just cannot get back on stage against your Marth xD Your Marth was fun to fight with my Wolf.

TGS - Those friendlies against your Sonic were fun, it confirmed for me that I really need to work on my matchup against Sonic.

VFXM - Your Mario was great, I really enjoyed those friendlies with you. Shame though you didn't place higher as I expected you to.

Eeveee - Those doubles friendlies with you the night before were entertaining, your Peach was a pretty good team mate for me.

Mako - Those friendlies with you the night before were also fun, hope my Falco you requested to fight was adequate for you.

Cura - The friendlies with you were great, it's clear to me now my Wolf does poorly against DKs, and I need to work on Dedede vs. Snake if I plan to use Dedede as a Snake counter. I was also surprised at how close my Ganondorf came to winning a game against your ICs o_O

Phiddlesticks - Thanks for giving me experience of fighting someone actively trying to time me out. That up tilt to win the match against you with 10 seconds left was the greatest moment of the tournament for me.

Sharky - I never seen a Yoshi who could use Egg Toss so intelligently when recovering, nice set.

san - Thanks for all those friendlies you played against me, it was a honor for me. Shame I couldn't do any better against you, especially in our tournament set. Even though I didn't really attempt to talk to you during the tournament, I would like to get to know you.

Special thanks to all the guys from Renssalaer. Without you guys, I would still be waiting for my first tournament.

andyisjudo

Smash Cadet
This tournament was pretty fun. I still couldn't play you in tourney Vibe :( Not even doubles. Also, like the past IRL tournies I went I always had to play Mako the first match lol It's always fun to play you Mako. In doubles, Metal I HATE SNAKE SO MUCH. Sauc3 and Phiddle you guys had the same characters as we did lol The matches were close. Wish we could've had a rematch :) SMM1 you don't much and I haven't played you so maybe next time. Calm I saw you against bcb and I want to play you now :) San, your Ike *****, I still want to play you more and MM you =D GGs everyone else =D

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Matt and Frannie - great seeing you guys again and thank you for hosting another quality event. I really appreciate you trying to accommodate my travel schedule. Nice playing you guys too!

Phil - Again thank you so much for driving me home and from the bus terminal. It's people like you that remind me how great the Smash community can be sometimes. I'll return the favor sometime.

Curtis [sauc3] - We were a great team once we started working out the kinks and I think we should try teaming together in the future sometime. It was kind of funny how badly we dropped the first match vs that Peach/Ganon team after spending the previous set rofling around on those scrubs lol

Ryan [Unknown] - It was great to meet you and the other Canadians. Your Fox is really one of the better ones I've played and it's a lot harder for me to deal with than many of the Tristate Foxes. You're fun to talk to and I wish I could have stayed longer to chill some more. See you at Apex!

San - Congrats on winning Brawl! Looks like we pulled off another Cornell sweep (including 64) besides the Melee 1v1 event. See you around campus!

Jesse - Fun bracket matches. I would definitely have liked to play you more had I not been on a tight schedule.

DuDu - nice friendlies / money matches.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I will post shoutouts soon.

Posting now to notify Nintendude that I will give you your N64 earnings.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Need to money match san and nintendude, at the next tourney. Im fairly confident in my ability to beat both of them. But I always get fox'd/metaknight'd/neil'd before I have a chance to play them.

I still cant believe I lost to sauce in brawl on some random BS like that.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
And me! I'm confident I can win next time. According to matt, there isn't gonna be a next time though so who knows. Someone else needs to throw tournies or something.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Also, for some more character usage, I'm pretty sure I saw Will using Kirby, and Cura using Meta Knight. Correct me if I'm mistaken though.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Me and Pyro are actually probably going to be using a club at RIT to run a tournament.

Most likely around the first few weeks of the Summer quarter so around March or so.

They ran a 64 tournament here a few weeks back and they got like 60 people. They had a bunch of old school games set up too, I was playing Gunstar Heroes in between matches lol.

But anyways, the point is that 1. they do really good promoting, and we actually picked up some new serious brawl and melee players from the 64 tourneys. and 2. If we do, most likely we wont do 4 events, and since people are so attached to melee, we would probably have to axe doubles and just do singles only for both games.

Aside from that, huge shoutouts to Tyrant and the other guy I saw that was playing really well, for being people that I had never seen before and playing really well. I wish i had gotten the chance to stomp.... er... I mean.. play you guys.

Also huge props to Sai, for being semi legit at brawl and being pretty much my favorite Non-Rochester New York state smasher.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
I do think however, that it was irresponsible for some people to leave for food during Brawl singles while they had matches to play. That delayed the tournament for a good 30 minutes to an hour.
this. as much as i do like the TOs and the people at the tournament, this was very unprofessional... really killed the tournament vibe for me. waiting around for an hour to play my next match kind of put a damper on everything..

andyisjudo

Smash Cadet
Hey Kid, I would like to make that tourney. I'd like to see the RIT campus because I want to go to that college. I'm wondering if you had any tips on our set? lol I got stomped by you =D

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You were the marth I played right before vibe right?

also, KID is all caps if you dont mind.

I dont remember too much about our set aside from you being way better than I thought you were. probably harder than vibe lol because he got fkn raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapeeeeeeeeeddddddddddddddd

But I guess what I would say is that you probably need more side b, just because its one of the best punishes in the game, its a solid 13% every time and puts four moves in the stale move list to make his other moves fresh. You can also do it out of a dash so you can unshield and do it in either direction really quickly.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Need to money match san and nintendude, at the next tourney. Im fairly confident in my ability to beat both of them. But I always get fox'd/metaknight'd/neil'd before I have a chance to play them.
Next time we are at the same tournament - $20 MM?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Nintendude, how were your sets vs Jessie and Unknown?

And how was teaming with sauc3? Did you guys use Puff & Climbers?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Im not that confident. Im more like 5 dollars confident.
lol sure that's fine. I just want to play you. Were you the Ganon that I played in teams?
Nintendude, how were your sets vs Jessie and Unknown?

And how was teaming with sauc3? Did you guys use Puff & Climbers?
I beat Jesse 2-0 and then 3-0. The matches were generally a lot closer than the set score indicates. I got 3-0'd in winners finals and 3-1'd in grand finals. I would have liked to have performed better there, but smart and efficient Foxes have always been the bane of me.

Curtis and I started out with Puff + Climbers but found that we couldn't control the match / get kills quickly enough and he switched to Fox by the time we made it to Jesse and Neil. Fox + ICs is a really solid raw power team when played correctly. We won winners finals in game 5, lost the first set of GFs 3-1 (I don't think the bracket indicates this), and then won the 2nd set 3-1. There were a lot of close matches, with some coming down to a 1v1 with me and Unknown at the end.

I think everything notable from my brackets was recorded except for singles GFs because I forgot to press start capture...

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
For melee there were a few, I think.

Brawl had like two setups with infinite replays. xD

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
there was 2 computers that I saw recording matches and i recorded a fair amount of my brawl matches on my wii.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Goggles

$5 to your $20 my Snake vs. your Sonic in a set.

$5 to your $20 my Lucario vs. your Fox.

Reasoning: I think your Fox is at a higher level than my Lucario right now, and your Sonic is obviously at a higher level than my Snake, so the chances of me winning are symbolized through the money. Shouldn't be a problem going up against JamesFree right?

MetalPat

Smash Ace
Goggles

$5 to your $20 my Snake vs. your Sonic in a set.

$5 to your $20 my Lucario vs. your Fox.

Reasoning: I think your Fox is at a higher level than my Lucario right now, and your Sonic is obviously at a higher level than my Snake, so the chances of me winning are symbolized through the money. Shouldn't be a problem going up against JamesFree right?
idk, his sonics pretty easy bro.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Good s*** to Sauc3 getting 3rd in Brawl Singles & Doubles, Winning Melee teams, and 4th in Melee singles ^_^.

Shoutouts to unknown for winning Melee Singles and 2nd in Melee Doubles

Shoutouts to Phiddlesticks for travelling (seriously, that's mad legit)!

Hopefully some of you can make my tourney in 3 weeks :)

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprisingly terrible against Sonic, metal pat,and it's not just him, I have trouble with TGS's as well. I'm sure it's something I can adjust to over time, but who would I play and when?

altairian

Smash Lord
Fun tourney. I liked how people couldn't find me when I went to sleep. Shoutouts eventually.

One thing about the part where the brawl bracket got slowed down super hard, a big factor in that was people left the tourney without telling the TO's and one of them was still in bracket. Not knowing where the hell he went slowed things down a lot.

Top Bottom