• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Australian Smash 4 General Ruleset Discussion

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
next monthly we will bathe players in dopamine indicators and as soon as someone changes colour we will have our assigned "smash ranger" shoot tranquilizers at this person and remove them from the venue until they calm down.
More like assigned "smash enforcer"

Yeah this is pretty silly. Removing players' rights to mutually choose a stage is upsetting to me. :(

Last edited:

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
evo is a large tournament that will likely be monitored by nintendo

our tournaments are small and we do not currently have issues with licensing music

no problemo

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Apparently that's been a thing since Brawl, and rarely happens, but yeah it's probably good to have something covering it just in case. :)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
pretty sure you have to be aware of any unintended glitches yourself. if you cause them then it's on you? isn't that like a rule in smash?
I'm pretty sure this only applies to glitches that physically break the game / stop the match from continuing. Could be wrong, though.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure this only applies to glitches that physically break the game / stop the match from continuing. Could be wrong, though.
Our rules in brawl were pretty lax; we've continued that trend into smash 4.

In brawl, if diddy got hit during his uthrow animation, he froze, and couldn't move until he was hit again. So in theory, if he didn't have the percent lead, he could lose the match straight away. Buuuuuut no one was willing to do that.

MapleDialga

Smash Rookie
NNID
DialgRe
3DS FC
4811-7170-7397
Well considering this is a fairly new game, and the Smash Invitational felt more like a marketing scheme than an actual tournament:

• No items
  • 2 stock
  • 5 minutes
  • If the time is up and both have the same amount of stocks, the player with the lower percentage wins
  • If both players have the same amount of stocks and percentage, Sudden Death
  • Whichever player calls for a "No Contest", forfeits the game
  • Anyone who disconnects their controller forfeits the game
  • Some matches/tournaments may allow customs, but the default should be no customs
  • If there is customs, no equipment
  • Platforms are allowed, but there should be no stage hazards, and the only walls that exist should be part of the main platform
  • If there is Team Smash, Friendly Fire should be on
And that's it from me.

EDIT: Forget Sudden Death, there should be a one-stock match that decides the winner if there is the same percentage and stocks.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Well considering this is a fairly new game, and the Smash Invitational felt more like a marketing scheme than an actual tournament:

• No items
  • 2 stock
  • 5 minutes
  • If the time is up and both have the same amount of stocks, the player with the lower percentage wins
  • If both players have the same amount of stocks and percentage, Sudden Death
  • Whichever player calls for a "No Contest", forfeits the game
  • Anyone who disconnects their controller forfeits the game
  • Some matches/tournaments may allow customs, but the default should be no customs
  • If there is customs, no equipment
  • Platforms are allowed, but there should be no stage hazards, and the only walls that exist should be part of the main platform
  • If there is Team Smash, Friendly Fire should be on
And that's it from me.
People don't like 5 minute timers because it's easy to time people out.

Gords

Smash Champion
S.D S4 ruleset

Game mode set to 'Smash Tour'
Board selection must be large
Turns must be set to 'Maximum'

Discuss
medium game board is better imo,
its small enough so a lot of clashes happen but not to big so you can get from one side to the other reasonably quickly.
large board is fine if the game allowed 8 player Smash Tour. and Small board just results in everyone banging into each other

Splice

Smash Hero
So just making sure,
but NSW/other good scenes will be the only ones with Mewtwo and Lucas legal right?
Those logistical issues man, too strong.
yeah man dude, the logistical problems dude, oh my god so logistical, yeah man buddy guy friend, such a big issue, too bad man brother friend brethren companion comrade VIC totally isn't legalising Mewtwo or Lucas ever man

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's a shame that any logistics issue whatsoever instantaneously decides their fate.
First it was customs, then after many efforts equipment was rejected... what else will the logistics monster devour after Mewtwo and Lucas?

Splice

Smash Hero
lmao

The only thing that'd suffer is the smash 4 community if the scene of the game continues to boycott events because they can't get what they want.
Shaya is the only one suggesting we're not gonna legalise Mewtwo/Little Kid because of logistics, I was just making fun of him for being an asshole 24/7

afaik we're up in the air about running Mewtwo this coming tournament (April 18) because people might not have enough time to practice vsing the character, but from then on there isn't actually any reason not to have the characters. I'm 99% sure they'll be legal at BAM. If you're gonna keep poking fun at my state though don't come anyway thanks Shaya

Gords

Smash Champion
I'm 100% sure Lucas will Not be legal at BAM.
Mewtwo I'm 99% sure will be legal BAM

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
afaik we're up in the air about running Mewtwo this coming tournament (April 18) because people might not have enough time to practice vsing the character
Couldn't the same point be argued that the people using Mewtwo would have the same shortage of time to practice their 52 new matchups?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I just don't think you were properly equipped for that discussion Shaya, stop being salt.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Yo if you want MU experience against Mewtwo just play Melee he's basically the same:yeahboi:

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Couldn't the same point be argued that the people using Mewtwo would have the same shortage of time to practice their 52 new matchups?
yeah if you wanted to do that

you could also glue your hands to your face
put wasabi in your eyes
go for a walk

Whatever floats your boat really.

Splice

Smash Hero
yeah

I really dont wanna go for a walk
I'd have to stop playing video games

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
splice with the big calls, making fun of people who are making fun of him.

what a ****************

in all seriousness though, you started it, stop being a **** wit

Splice

Smash Hero
if I'm making fun of people who are making fun of me
doesn't that imply that they started it 8)

glhf

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
The Billy you knew is long gone, through the manipulation of EMO (Mainly Redact) you now see Shin-Billy, he fux u up wit da b1rd and doesn't care about your pitiful feelings

Top Bottom