• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dude, yesterday, I literally tripped like 4 times in less than 30 seconds. It was sooooooooo ********.

This game is so ******** sometimes.

Steam

Smash Hero
Can someone tell me how to punish Falco's IAP? I'm losing games to falcos much worse than me with Luc because they just phantasm to reset. I had to resort to doing a falco ditto to win after winning on frigate because i can't punish it with luc even if I make a full commitment and guess right...

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
espy unlike us tards that run on the ground those characters are actually smart enough to stay in the air with da exception of falco since he can CG
You're a D3. You're always running to regrab.
It's karma.
i cant help it sometimes i trip over my own fat

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Derp. Tourney was fun. Messed around, and only played my lucario like twice. It was all wonky, being their first time running a brawl tournament, but they were making changes as we were going. Random is my hero though, I random'ed and got Captain Falcon and went to town.

Knocked out in Semi-finals due to stupidity and trying other characters that wern't lucario. Disappoint.

Milln

Smash Champion
Yes, the blazblue finals were WAAAAAY more hyped than brawl finals. mainly because about 5 people watched brawl grand finals.

can someone answer my falco question?
Prolly cause BlazBlue is a better gaaaaaaame woop woop woop *runs from potential people chasing him*

For Falco if you expect an Instant Aerial Phantasm, you can pre-empt him with an upsmash. You'll either clank and go back to neutral or he'll end up hit. Once this happens a few times, they'll stop doing it altogether, probably.

Steam

Smash Hero
Would Dtilt be better vs. phantasm? :/

upsmash is 2 slow...

I wish we had an easy way through phantasm... it's the only move I have trouble with... and I have more trouble with it than any other move in the game

*throws dark in pile and jumps in pile*

inb4yiffpile

Milln

Smash Champion
If upsmash is too slow, use Ftilt. I doubt dtilt has the vertical to hit him.

Fsmash would be too slow and might not have the vertical.

Aurasphere same thing.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
why not uptilt.

or just shield the **** thing you don't have to punish it ALL the time.

btw I can vouch for dtilt/jab working on low phantasms.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
mmm i think ftilt would prolly make me more comfortable in terms of hitting him out of it.

what about a grab?

culexus・wau

Boost pivot grab might work.

I'm not trolling :(

or at least trying to.

maybe I'm just a natural troll?

Steam

Smash Hero
the annoying thing about clinging with phantasm is falco has a frame 2 jab...

and I don't have a problem with shielding it. I just have to learn to beat it when falco plans on lasering and phantasming fror 8 minutes.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
the reason being falco's hitbox is behind his hurtbox. The only reason stuff doesn't seem to go through it as much is because lots of people mistime/hit the first invincible part of the phantasm.

yes, even AS charge will hit him, although not recommended as it's borderline wasteful of an opportunity of a read of that caliber.

culexus・wau

idk phil the shock of getting aurasphere charged could give us enough time to nair.

Vs people who know the MU I don't see it working though, for sure.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
FP grab him straight out of the phantasm.

hardly ever works, but its funny as hell.

he charges you, and your all like *snatches out of the air, Gut punches*

iRJi

Smash Champion

Guys, come on. give him something useful LOL.

The way you punish it is by reads. It's actually not that hard when you get use to it. If you feel he is going to phantasm, then just make that read, roll backwards if you are grounded, and punish accordingly. Any move can beat phantasm out, it is just a matter of hitting it since Falco is there for only 3 parts of it. Just takes practice, and you will get it down.

Examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYjMckf3I6c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQIj2amnAzE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t33xp_ysEKo

Hope this helps.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
oh come on. i was just having a bit of fun.

seriously though, i remember my first reaction to a phantasm was fair actually. iirc it was quite reliable.

Top Bottom