• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
G&W isn't that hard.

You just need to only use Aurasphere when you read one of his LONG LASTING ATTACKS THAT WILL BE ***** BY AURASPHERE.

Fair is faster then his bair too and I've beaten out his nair with it on occasion.

You can uair the key ircc but I haven't played this MU enough to do it.

The only thing that is annoying in this MU is fair and bucket breaking imo

The only thing that is hard is keeping your cool when you're both over 140% because G&W's bucket breaking is ******ry.

Steam

Smash Hero
He also sorta has blindspots that he can't cover well. and all of his aerials have pretty bad lag. he also cant deal with Fsmash well from my experience

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Also, all of GnW's powerful killers are grounded and have relatively short horizontal range. As well, the only one that can be performed out of a dash is SLOW. GnW actually is a character that has problems killing an opponent who pays attention and doesn't let himself get grabbed or 9'd.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Bucket breaking too goodz.

As far as dthrow goes, just pray you don't get read.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYfunwOt9FU This really helped me.

The only thing that is hard is keeping your cool when you're both over 140% because G&W's bucket breaking is ******ry.
When both over 140% hang out in the middle of the stage and UTillttttttttttt.

He also sorta has blindspots that he can't cover well. and all of his aerials have pretty bad lag. he also cant deal with Fsmash well from my experience
That is correct. Well timed up angled FTilts can work wonders too.

His BAir can be hit with our FAir from underneath as well.

Also, all of GnW's powerful killers are grounded and have relatively short horizontal range. As well, the only one that can be performed out of a dash is SLOW. GnW actually is a character that has problems killing an opponent who pays attention and doesn't let himself get grabbed or 9'd.
Yeah, his only true killer for anyone paying attention is FAir. Also, be weary of BAirs that are baited for you to DI up where he'll use a Smash to punish your lag. Also since you're in hitstun and stuff DAir won't stall and you'll have to deal with landing lag if you try to use it there.

Bucket breaking too goodz.

As far as dthrow goes, just pray you don't get read.
Lucario's techroll is bad and should not be used here. If you're going to tech just stand up and try to perfect shield whatever he throws at you. If you have trouble timing stuff try to DI his DThrow to the middle of him since the hitbox of his DSmash won't kill you as early.

Rely on regular get up rolls more than tech rolls vs. his DThrow.

You jab GaW a lot, and use uair a lot.
UAir is a little risky, although it does outrange his DAir often times I find myself either trading or missing and getting a key to the face. His parachute from his Up B lets him DAir any time he wants.

Personally, I like BF when fighting G&W because the platforms interfere with some of his BAir shenanigans. Be weary his DAir may hit you through the side platforms when you are grounded.

Also remember his DAir has an extra hitbox or two when it rams the ground. If you use Shield DI well (Shield DI towards him) you will be able to easily punish him out of it.

Heck, all of the neutrals are pretty good for fighting G&W.

As far as conterpicks go I love Lylat its like BF in that it can really interfere with his spacing with stage tilts and the platforms. Not to mention we live longer.

Japes is good too, Picto if it is legal. Ban Halberd, RC, or Norfair (if legal).

culexus・wau

wtf MTI?

I rather techroll, if I don't he has more time to react and read me and it even adds sideB to his options.

I REALLY DON'T WANNA BE TECH CHASED INTO SIDEB :X

Zucco

Smash Master
Telling people not to tech G&W's Dthrow huh? This is why nobody cares about what you say.

Guess ill go watch that OVA now.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
lucario is one of the few chars that can roll away even without teching and you will avoid the dsmash. jab will still hit, and you can SDI the jab to escape follow ups.

it is however better to tech roll lol

Zucco

Smash Master
he can still follow up easier with the upsmash or something. tech always!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
As long as you mix how you recover (tech, techroll, bounce then roll, get up normal, get up attack) you'll be fine. You have five options...just be smart about which one to use.

But techroll is the usual option of choice.

On topic... I have a hard time techrolling GnW's DThrow because it's impossible to read what direction he's going to throw you.

Unless, you, you know, look over at their controller.

But idk.

Fair beats Bair, and this is one where you don't want to BAS camp. He won't perfect shield this, he'll take the opportunity to bucket them and get a decent Oil Spill out of it. Save your AS and take advantage of your breathing space to charge up a full Aura Sphere, and keep it for a rainy day. That is, when you manage to read his smashes.

Also, keep in mind the extended hitbox FSmash has. Instead of going in a grab or something to that effect, stay on the safe side and hit with your FSmash.

Don't EVER take GnW to Brinstar. The organic components of the stage keep a lot of his hitboxes out for about 30 frames longer iirc. I even 9'd a Peach with this by hitting the organic pillar on the eastern side of the stage, and they walked right into it. Stay alert once you reach the second transformation on Castle Siege, because the statues keep hitboxes out longer too. They work both ways, but I'd rather not take the risk and take GnW to BF for a starter and CP Japes. The high ceiling lets you survive USmash for a hella long time, and the water can save you from Dair and DSmash.

culexus・wau

uthrow is useful.

Since like everyone is programmed to hit R after 3 ticks and airdodges LOL

but its ussually better to hit R so you can tech.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Another thing you can do to avoid jab is to hold behind him, you'll land behind him (or if you time R/L, tech backwards, which I frankly like a lot at higher percents since a lot of G&W's like to use fair as a tech chase option at really high percents b/c it covers front options far more, so it leaves immediate smashes, and will more reliably knock front tech rolls/getups/forward roll attempts. Not to say he can't just turn around and fair, but the possibility is far less likely to happen. Just be smart with the rolls lol.

Also, G&W jab is SDIable, and grab range is quite small, almost as bad as ours lol.

Brinstar and Halberd are bad stages to play against G&W, tons of uair/nair sharking and small blastzones. And extending hitboxes is mean too :(

culexus・wau

Listen for the 3rd [or 4th, I forget which, it was one of those] beep and then hit R.

I like brinstar VS G&W phil, but I would never CP it.

halberd mad gay though

Yo Phil, so i herd u took seventh at a tourney. Good **** man.

Yeah, don't take GnW to Brinstar, Delfino, Halberd, etc. Anywhere where he can shark you. You don't have as good aerial control as him. Just focus on staying grounded. Even though his attacks generally come out faster than yours, you've got greater range. And again, they're telegraphed really terribly. Also, remember GnW-es lurve their DSmash. Try to DI it downward to tech it if you've got good techskill, but you should usually DI it up.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Espy, explain this tweet from Xyro's twitter! (if you can)

Trela beats bassem. He gets 5th. Brawl is stupid beyond belief.
ill explain it.

Lucario gets REWARDED for losing stocks/collecting damage.......so for getting his *** beat he gets stronger.....********.

That type of BS is why brawl is becoming alot less fun. That type of stuff lets player like trela beat people he shouldnt. Im not saying hes a bad player but what i am saying is HE is not reason why he wins so much. LUCARIO wins him MOST of his games. I just find it REALLY stupid when people who use REAL character(espy/reflex/will/chibo) work SO HARD to get where they are today and then turn around and lose cause of dumb stuff.

This rant isnt just on lucario's aura. it can be aimed at BANANAS or MK or INFINITES.

Steam

Smash Hero
and when he's not at high % he absolutely sucks balls. It balances out. of all characters to ***** about in brawl why Lucario? lawl he's one of the most balanced characters

culexus・wau

on the same token,

We Also get Rewarded for good DI, Living Longer, and even then Other fighters nowadays have some kind of "Re-bound" or "Comeback" mechanic.

Isn't living longer then your opponent outplaying them?

They get rewarded for being ****'d up.

See: That Red Aura in Tekken 5, Ultras in SSF4.

Its not like we're broken at 2 stocks down.

We're still slow as **** and easy to time out.

Aura can be mad gay, but theres far more gayer things to ***** about in this game imo.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Everyone gets a reward for Good DI. Longevity.
Lucario gets an additional bonus on top of that. Wario gets a bonus in that he gets more time to build up a waft, in the same vein that R.O.B. gets a stronger laser.

But you know what? I got it.

All we have to do is KO Lucario at 0%. Simple enough.
Good game, Lucarios.

Xyro u mad WAHAHAHAHA

No but seriously. Steam has a point. Shouldn't it be obvious that Lucario is probably one of the more balanced characters of the cast?

On one hand, he has great aerials that autocancel the easiest IMO.

On the other hand, he has terrible aerial mobility, and can get aerial strung easily.

On one hand, he has a wall cling and the most helpful walljumps in the game, which help his recovery out lots.

On the other hand, his UpB can't be used offensively, can be read easily, if you angle it into a wall to wall cling, there's always the chance that you'll screw up and fall to your doom.

One one hand, he gets stronger as he gets his *** whupped.

On the other, he gets nerfed as he gets the lead.

Come on now, Xyro.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
i want to be clear. Im not saying lucario is broken /needs to be banned.....ect. im just saying its stupid as hell to get REWARDED for losing.

culexus・wau

Also on that same vein.

Lucario makes crews interesting.

I can agree with that though, being given a crutch for losing is mad gay I guess if you look at it from the side of the person who is beating the **** out of you.

Comeback potential makes games exiting though to the audience.

which is obviously being implemented a lot in today's fighters.

Top Bottom