• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Once I filter out all my bad DT "cholesterol" in my metagame diet, imma ****.

Like the biggest reason I lost the first set was because I used DT twice, once accidental and it totally killed me, the other I could've used some other option and got MK nair'd. Kids, it's really a bad move, don't ever think you're going to make it work and revolutionize it.

In other news, I found another really **** idea I didn't think about before, but once again, makes jab top tier on my list imo.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
lucarios d tilt is the worst move in the game

nah jk

but it aint better than double team
*is in disbelief*

It's all fun when you DT in random matches, but when you put it up to semi-decent players, it's ballz in capability.

dtilt on the other hand, I've seen as weaker than I previously thought, but that's because my view of jab is getting better and better.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dtilt is okay...it can poke people off the edge since it reaches low...and it's an okay surprise kill move at higher percents.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
It doesn't happen very often, maybe two or three times period to each opponent (that's counting for around every match you'll ever play them in), and we're not the most underused high tier lol. Not by a longshot.
So who is then? Id like to hear this because its certainly the case over here. Theres only 3 UK lucario players as far as I know, Myself, JBox and KUan, the other 2 are not rated by the top players. I asked Izaw about it too, he said that he knows of no lucario mains in sweeden. If you're gona say olimar then theres definetly more olis than lucarios and I do not accept that as an answer.

It's outdated because everyone who matters knows that they can get out by the second one on reaction. (It's generally not reasonable for the first person to expect the first FP and start mashing early because you can't use FP oos like a grab or something, and if they mash out of the first FP it means you are really **** predictable).

Its not about mattering, until last week Calzorz didn't know you could break out of FP purely because he has no experience against them except myself. The simple fact is you arn't gona know how to deal with everything thats thrown at you by a character you seriously rarely see. Hell even I didn't know you could break out until someone did it to me, once again because i play people who never play lucario and dont know about this stuff

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah, there's a looooooooooot of people that still don't know this.

and dtilt is great against falco, especially phantasm (cancels it out really well).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I recently told someone that he could mash out. Now he knows not to get caught by it.

But yeah, never assume the person you play doesn't know about it. The opposite is also true. The only way to find out is to try it on someone. If they break out or you hear them trying to mash out, don't do it again. If they aren't even trying to mash out, then go nuts with it.

Also, ftilt is probably better Disciple, but I've KO'd more people with dtilt than ftilt. Maybe because they don't expect it and you can do it from crawling, lol...

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
dtilt likes to send oli high into the air. Not sure why, but I have a lot of success hitting some characters with dtilt more than others and using it to set up juggles. <<

Also, GnW and probably Pikachu are much less seen than Luc. If you include the top of mid, then we're more popular than Pit and probably TL by a longshot.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
*is in disbelief*

It's all fun when you DT in random matches, but when you put it up to semi-decent players, it's ballz in capability.

dtilt on the other hand, I've seen as weaker than I previously thought, but that's because my view of jab is getting better and better.
Because it definitely was useless when i was beating lee and m2k this weekend with it. lee even uses it too. only good lucarios use it i suppose :p

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
No, DT is trash...TRASH.

But, I've been catching people with it lately for the lulz.

Conditioning? Or trolling?

Hmm...

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
so guys

I noticed this sort of rubber... band on my expensive headphones.

I wonder if there's any meaningful use for it, or if it was just for comfort purposes...

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Double team into tornado is obvious

Memorizing playstyle into use for example

whenever m2k runs up to me and spotdodges, he d smashes imeditalty. sure grabs better option, but i like when the mk pops above me. grabs cant do it cuz u throw sucks and d throw can be DI'd horizontally so they wont expect double team and it popped him up in the air and i double jumped with couple of aerials cuz i knew hed jump after the stun.

planking mk : when a mk is planking, they usually up air while dropping down. i played an mk at mlg and jumped into his planking and got i double teamed into the up air and while he was droping, it did the diagonal double team and it staged spiked him rofl

especially with you stauffy, in the vids with you vs rich brown i didnt see you use it when u couldve done a lot of good stuff with it even tho you still won. its olimar. he latched alot of pikmin on you. when you get latched on, you can approach double team whenever you want until they stop pecking at you. think about it. whats olimar gonna do when you approach him from the ground? hes gonna grab alot. double team brah.

and the best part about all of this is

they never expect double team of all moves.

zucco will never use it cuz he thinks it sucks. me junebug and leeeeeee use it well tho. trela seemed interested in it when i posted about it. join the club stauffy :)

God I've wanted some quality headphones for the longest time. D:

I got some at Five Below yesterday, but the were a piece of ****. Maybe the fact that there was horrible English on the back should've tipped me off.....>__>

Anyways brb I'm off to take over the ROB social.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's probably like Sonic's Homing Attack, Stoofy.

It's so ridiculously bad, that not even top players expect it.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
wes uses homing attack well.

shugo is best sonic yo :D

edit: my life has been horrible without being able to name search and look at peoples posts. im on the verge of suicide

Zucco

Smash Master
Sorry kelvin, but after playing dmbrandon alot and testing it out, who is amazing with tornado control, I cant see this move being great.

you are blowing Double team out of proportions though. you make it seem like its the new AT we've all been looking for. DT, like every other ****ing move we have, as a use. punishing stupidity seems to be DT's true calling. And another point. Most of your applications for DT only work because they dont see it coming, which basically means, its not guaranteed. Just a gimmick in my eyes, and once people start understanding what you are doing, they will be more cautious and probably wont get hit by that stupid move ever again.

planking mk : when a mk is planking, they usually up air while dropping down. i played an mk at mlg and jumped into his planking and got i double teamed into the up air and while he was droping, it did the diagonal double team and it staged spiked him rofl
even I thought "upB after the DT activated" and im the worst MK in the country. pretty sure this would have gotten the MK out of harm and you would have most likely DIED!(That is of course, if the MK was good)

*goes back to being the worst Lucario ever*

edit: I keep listening to this song from SSF4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FlSAAua7y4
SO GOOD.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
dtilt likes to send oli high into the air. Not sure why, but I have a lot of success hitting some characters with dtilt more than others and using it to set up juggles. <<
this is one of the reasons i like dtilt, i need to use it more

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
UTilt all day son.
Reverse utilt puts your back to your opponent at the end of that. That part of the move bugs me, honestly. Harder to shieldgrab moves if the utilt was avoided, harder to fair afterwards, etc. It just bugs me and makes me feel vulnerable. <<

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
still, lucys utilt is one of my favorites moves because of how it works

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Sorry kelvin, but after playing dmbrandon alot and testing it out, who is amazing with tornado control, I cant see this move being great.

you are blowing Double team out of proportions though. you make it seem like its the new AT we've all been looking for. DT, like every other ****ing move we have, as a use. punishing stupidity seems to be DT's true calling. And another point. Most of your applications for DT only work because they dont see it coming, which basically means, its not guaranteed. Just a gimmick in my eyes, and once people start understanding what you are doing, they will be more cautious and probably wont get hit by that stupid move ever again.

even I thought "upB after the DT activated" and im the worst MK in the country. pretty sure this would have gotten the MK out of harm and you would have most likely DIED!(That is of course, if the MK was good)

*goes back to being the worst Lucario ever*

edit: I keep listening to this song from SSF4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FlSAAua7y4
SO GOOD.
ask everyone in the juice hotel this weekend at mlg how good i was punishing everything diem was doing with double team (mostly his tornados). he doesnt seem to have amazing tornado control. thats ksizzle. diems are just predictable as hell.

and aqre you saying i just cant tech? lol reallty bro?

m2k didnt shield, steam. i think you could lol

Top Bottom