• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention Non-BBR Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
My personal opinion is too important to be posted in the Official Ruleset Discussion so I made a thread to pitch an idea to you guys.

The stalling rule is fine.
Sonic sucks. Homing attack is irrelevant and should never be mentioned as more than a joke.
The LGL rule should be universal but there should be a different limit for each character :

Metaknight (3) - You are metaknight, you should never have to grab the ledge to recover or edgeguard someone. But I'll let you have 3 because most of you MKs suck.

Snake (50) -Snake's ledge stall isn't that powerful, but there should be a ceiling tech limit (CTL) to prevent C4 stalling on smashville. Note that teching the ground and ledges are fine, but not the broken ceiling tech.

Diddy Kong (35) -Peanut planking and B reversed Naner pulling is a pain, but beatable. He also has that gay little flying facehump to get off the ledge.

Falco (20) Falco can plank even when he is losing because he can ledge hop lasers at you and phantasm across the stage with invincibility. If another Falco wins a national tournament, a phantasm limit may be needed.

Ice Climbers (30x2=55) There are 2 of them.

Marth (5) His Up B has invincibility and it happens to fast to react to.

Wario (59) He doesn't ledge camp, the air time rule should be in effect for wario and puff matches only.

King DeDeDe (40) Upair is annoying , but risky to use. What DDD really needs is a shield grab limit (SGL) to make him less gay to play against.

Pikachu (0) The most notoriously annoying planker in the game, he should never be able to use Up B at all in my opinion. However if the sound is muted his LGL should be raised to 30.

Olimar (999) Sakurai has already placed an LGL on tethers, A smart move.

Lucario (60) His ledge game is horrible.

GnW (5) Same as marth, invincible fast up b.

Pit (100) I love watching Masashi camp.

Toon Link (50) Weak bomb camping on the ledge. Edgehogging him may prove difficult with LGLs on your character though.

ZSS (20) Flip Jump planking is invincible at LEAST 40% of the time. She also has a tether.

Kirby (3) All they do is try to inhale you and spit you under the stage when they are losing. This is skill diminishing

R.O.B. (60) Not an issue, he is a big target and will run out of gas.

Donkey Kong (30) has invincibility as well as an annoying glitch on yoshis island and pictochat. This should put a stop to that.

Peach (40) Her pathetic double jump can't make it over the ledge and she can't access her item without solid ground.

Fox (20) Ledge hopped lasers

Luigi (30) Up B planking, fireball stalling, random misfires, nado spam.

Wolf (20) Ledge scarring and ledge hopping lasers could be an issue in the 2 matchups he wins.

Sheik (30) Up b planking in melee. There should be a chain time limit to protect ganondorf from this matchup.

Pokemon Trainer (50 X 3=151) They all suck at ledge stalling

Sonic (761) Sonic is the only character from SEGA and this should give him a boost to high tier.

Ness- (90) Worst recovery in the game, his up b is nearly impossible to aim on wifi and he doesn't have strong smashes like Lucas. I pity him.

Bowser(30) Bowser is a huge target and would rather be on stage klaw hopping or trying to chaingrab you into something stupid.

Lucas(55) Suffers from tether envy, but can use specials to hit people onstage.

Ike- Wise Sakurai has placed an LGL on aether already

Yoshi (25) He throws eggs that are impossible to predict at different arcs

Mario(20) Up B is invincible, cape stalling, fireball camping.

Captain Falcon (80) Up B Sharking leaves him vulnerable. Falcon is about being cool, not playing gay or trying to win.

Samus(15) Nothing but ledge hopped missles and Zairs.

Puff(30) May require an air time limit to keep in low tier

Link(120) Up B sometimes doesn't reach the ledge when it obviously should. He is not a threat.

Zelda(70) No one cares about zelda

Ganondorf (35) His upair,nair and fair can hit people onstage. Threatening his planking can get you killed by his dair or his special grabs. He camps similar to kirby and DDD when losing.

Now some of you will say that these LGL are too high, but I have 100% solved ledge and air camping anyway.

All sets will be Bo9, Grand Finals should be Bo21. All match will be :
1 stock
3 minutes
Food should be set on and high
In the event of the timeout, the player with lower percent wins. If both players are tied at 0%, they are both disqualified. If this occurs during grand finals, the pot should be used to throw a party for the person in last place.

This 100% eliminates the desire to ledge camp as a lead cannot be held without controlling the stage. Stock leads are impossible so it is imperative to control the food. This encourages aggressive play as health can be refilled if an opponent is left alone too long. This will also balanced out broken jabs like Ike, ZSS, Squirtle, Falcon and Snake.

I have solved the metagame, you can thank me later.

Feng Shui

Smash Cadet
Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like? If so, I think the solution to the meta game would be pretty obvious.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Parts of this post are 100% serious. This is the ultimate anti-camp ruleset. Prove me wrong.

Tesh

Smash Hero
You're not serious.

Tell me you're not serious.

Seriously.
I am serious, and don't call me Sherly.

@ Red Ryu, those numbers came from minutes of testing in my head, you have no proof that this wouldn't improve the metagame. MKs planking can be beaten by Pit, Ganondorf and Donkey Kong, but I gave an LGL based on how beatable each characters planking is.

@Rikter I subtracted 5 because SoPo should not be arbitrarily rewarded for letting Nana die.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Having a revolutionary solution that involves items doesn't make it a joke.

Rikter

Smash Cadet
A joke is no reason to misuse simple math in my opinion While I do realize there were offically 151 Pokemon in the first generation which the Pokemon Trainer Represents it should actually be 255 to account for the several "glitch" Pokemon.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Also please explain how 50 times 3 equals 151 My calculator is telling me it's 150.
What really needs to be explained is why Mew is 151 when MewTWO is 150. Shouldn't Mew be first if Mewtwo was created as an experiment by Giovanni. How does MewTWO get a spot in the pokedex before Mew. How would he even get the name mewTWO!?

You all just dismiss this because you are afraid it will wreck your camping with MK and give a boost to Falco and Snake.

Laem

Smash Champion
I approve of this thread.

People just don't understand the genius that is Tesh.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I will 100% support this ruleset.
Somebody make a code that automatically scrolls down to the Ledgegrabs in the stats before the players can press start.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
This is actually a really good idea. I'm gonna try to pitch it for the guys and see how it goes. I'll be back with the results!
I'm glad SOMEONE sees how broken Snake teching is.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well maybe a 25 LGL would be fairer to him, capestallling is still gay and makes his ledge game too overpowered.

@ inferiority complex, The reason its best of more than 3 is because its 1 stock. This means in a regular set you play up to 9 matches on 9 stages to test your knowledge and skill.

1 stock with replenishing health means you cannot hold a lead from offstage (unless its massive) and forces stage control and aggression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom