• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask Watty About Anything

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
hahaha

i did watch the whole show

i didn't think it was just about some gay guys

yes i see you said probably lol

and yes i know about the twins

i don't see why it's a big deal

i guess i shouldn't have said "hate" - my bad! I like to exaggerate things...especially on the boards...

i guess you could say i'm kinda a spammer

who plays samus

SPAMUS

actually i don't like "spamus" at all

Pi

Smash Hero
Girls can lie about their breasts, with their fancy bra's and what not

But legs *** and face are harder to masquerade

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
OK so TO5 just past and I came to the conclusion that I don't know how to fight Luigi properly. I need some in depth stuff and map bans if you lovely Samus mains don't mind sharing. Oh and I'm forever banning FD vs that ***** peach.

Watty

Smash Lord
Yo papi i spam missiles. never grab and forward tilt. Thats allI do once there of the stage its pretty much voer. But ya if u properly space a Ftilt its hard for luigi to get in.

soap

Smash Hero
Yo papi i spam missiles. never grab and forward tilt. Thats allI do once there of the stage its pretty much voer. But ya if u properly space a Ftilt its hard for luigi to get in.
watching this in action on that fro's luigi is pretty entertaining.

can't decide what was the funniest, u kicking him

joe's ganon punching him

or mathos shooting and fsmashing

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
hold down after you f-tilt.

that way, if he tries to f-tilt with super space bros action, you'll be asdiing down and therefore be able to d-smash him for trying to get in

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
hold down after you f-tilt.

that way, if he tries to f-tilt with super space bros action, you'll be asdiing down and therefore be able to d-smash him for trying to get in
this is harder than u (u as in the people to whom kaze is speaking) think. this is ultimate CC; the kind pros do who CC EVERYTHING when they are doing ANYTHING (except aerials of course).

Unfortunately, its also one of the most integral aspects of playing on the highest level. LEEARN this technique. it will make u 10X better; i promise

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Yes, it can backfire. Not as much as people want to think it does, but it can backfire (ie. don't crouch at the edge at med-high percent on Bairs or something dumb).

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It is scientifically proven you can be dumb with anything at the edge and die from it.

CC is pretty safe in the middle of the stage at any percent, with a few move exceptions. Remember to tech if it knocks you over.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Lulz thats usually how my Roy SD's.

Kay, I'll be smart with the CCs
CC is amazing. You can crouch cancel foxes nair and get a downsmash out before he can shine(according to Kels), you can cc shieks dash attack, and I think her forward air, you can crouch cancel marths fair, good for killing because then you can just fsmash them, there are so many situations when cc is like the best option well maybe not the best but a really good one, but at the same time there are situations where ccing is a horrible idea and if you crouch cancel you gotta have a fast reaction time or you will be getting waveshined before you know what hit you.

**** that was a long sentence.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
In short, don't crouch cancel moves with medium strength or more (Fox Bair, Marth F-smash, etc) at the edge at a percent where you'll get knocked off. And don't do it in other situations like that.

Crouch cancel almost everything else.

There's no penalty for CCing a move that can't be CCed like Fox drillshine, it's not like you take an extra 10% for doing it, you can honestly hold down on over 80% of the stuff they'll use to hit you when you're grounded and it will either benefit or make no difference.

Watty

Smash Lord
u mean the 1 u found in the street. all alone with no owner? I am glad to say its doing well and on its way to a full recovery

soap

Smash Hero
CC is amazing. You can crouch cancel foxes nair and get a downsmash out before he can shine(according to Kels), you can cc shieks dash attack, and I think her forward air, you can crouch cancel marths fair, good for killing because then you can just fsmash them, there are so many situations when cc is like the best option well maybe not the best but a really good one, but at the same time there are situations where ccing is a horrible idea and if you crouch cancel you gotta have a fast reaction time or you will be getting waveshined before you know what hit you.

**** that was a long sentence.
half the things u listed don't work if they do it right

fox late nair to shine is safe before u can retaliate

sheik late fair to shield, or autocancel fair to shield will both result in u getting grabbed if u tried to ccc

still useful to cc though, but mixing up your retaliatory options instead of just dsmash is important. CC grab is something samus' should do more. and cc to wavedash back ftilt, and cc wavedash forward cross up into stuff

Rappster

Smash Ace
Hey, i am just picking up samus because i bet a friend i could beat her samus in a ditto. i figure the best things to learn first would be edgeguarding and recovery because if i can cut down on the time she's on stage, my inexperience will have less time to shine through.

currently, my edgeguarding consists of utilt right near the edge and occasionally going off stage to bair. am i missing anything really important?

thanks in advance

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
seeker missile her recovery because it might hit her bombs

i like to sometimes run off the stage and immediately shoot a regular missile (this is just in general against pretty much any character)...it's not that hard, but if you time it too late, you might die...unless maybe you then immediately shoot a missile towards the stage, double jump, and grapple to get back on.

maybe if you feel really daring, run off and throw yourself into her bombs...but you probably won't survive that lol

oh yeah...you can run off and nair, or wavedash off the stage facing towards the stage and immediately do a nair...if you do that one wrong, you'll just end up grabbing the ledge.

i dunno much else i guess or i'm forgetting something

it would help a lot more though if your on-stage abilities were better though since that's a lot of samus' game

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Just hit her out of her grapple and she's pretty much yours. But that's easier said than done.

I usually try to time a bair to hit a predictable grapple, but then they just mix it up and it just becomes too weird.

Top Bottom