• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask Watty About Anything

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
If a Fox spams Dairs, he's playing Fox wrong.
This

Against Ganon? You have to camp against Ganon! I'm a Marth main, I should know this.

If ur saying that you can't CC Ganon much, then you're right. Doesn't that make a little more sense of the fact that Samus has a rough time against Ganon?

He's ****ing GANON! what do you expect?

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
You can't camp Ganon, that just gives him the ability to back you up further and further to the ledge and choose when/where the confrontation happens. Use missiles, not to camp him out (because it doesn't work), but to force him to do something (attack, roll, shield, jump) and then capitalize on that. But more importantly move around him, try to bait him into spacing poorly, land some tilts and get under him with aerials.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
You can't camp Ganon, that just gives him the ability to back you up further and further to the ledge and choose when/where the confrontation happens. Use missiles, not to camp him out (because it doesn't work), but to force him to do something (attack, roll, shield, jump) and then capitalize on that. But more importantly move around him, try to bait him into spacing poorly, land some tilts and get under him with aerials.
Sorry I thought that's what camping was.

Mars-

Smash Champion
If ur saying that samus' game doesnt revolve around camping, then there is nothing more to say.

if thats not what ur saying then my point still stands. CC is extremely integral to samus's game. It's just that she has less offensive options than others, so her relative reliance on CC is greater than other characters. I understand its mainly used to punish the opponent's mistakes, but isnt that what defensive play is?
Are you really going to argue with samus mains about how samus is played? Go back to your gay ass marth boards where you can talk about m2k and his amazing automatic combos.

Watty

Smash Lord
Crtystaline CC against top competition for the most part gets u into trouble than get u out of it. top players play so perfect its hard to punish mistakes. But against lesser competition (you) i could exploit ur mistakes.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Crtystaline CC against top competition for the most part gets u into trouble than get u out of it. top players play so perfect its hard to punish mistakes. But against lesser competition (you) i could exploit ur mistakes.
hahahaha. i think by now i know how to handle cc.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i remember when i started playing...and i had a friend who already knew about advanced techs...the main thing he would complain about was me cc-ing everything because it made it hard for him to kill me

ahh noob days

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
You all are on the samus forums, but you dont know your character to know well enough that samus revolves around camping.

Maybe it's not crystalnite that questions your boards, but you guys that challenge the reality of your MAIN CHARACTER. She's not as confrontational as you think.

soap

Smash Hero
You all are on the samus forums, but you dont know your character to know well enough that samus revolves around camping.

Maybe it's not crystalnite that questions your boards, but you guys that challenge the reality of your MAIN CHARACTER. She's not as confrontational as you think.
posting opinions without evidence or supporting statements is kind of a waste

Mars-

Smash Champion

You are a moron, please leave.

Samus is good at spacing, good movement, pretty much everything rohins said. The term camping shouldn't even be used competatively, because according to what most people refer to as camping, making your opponent approach you, baiting would be considered camping, since you are waiting for your opponent to fall for a trick.

I would really like to hear your reasoning behind you thinking samus has to camp. Because you get hit by a couple of missiles? I mean really, camping isn't even a good strategy at higher levels of play, since if you are playing a marth, and you let them approach you, they can space however the **** they want. Same goes with fox, sheik, falco, falcon, ganon, ect. Samus really has to approach, and her best approaches include following missile(which people consider camping I guess), approaching with spacing in mind(more people seem to think this is camping), shield dashing(camping), ect.

It's really annoying how all these new guys think that because they can't beat samus, it's because she is camping. It's not our fault you can't beat a middle tier character with your high tiers.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
no you guyssssss

they're right

can't you see

they're geniuses

forget years of knowledge of a character

now let's all go out there

and camp some falcos

of course if we really wanted to be cool

we could tell them they're wrong without calling names

ohhhhhhhhh elementary'd

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
EDIT: Ouran Private Academy is defined by one, prestigious families, and two, wealth. And prosperous people have much time on their hands. Therefore, this Ouran Host Club is about these handsome guys that have time giving hospitality to these lovely ladies that also have time and profit off of them. It's an elegant game unique to this super-rich school.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
the gay twins

ok so they're not actually gay

but it seems more like girl fan service than anything

and then the butch girls

i mean really

don't get me wrong i liked the show and i don't hate gay people or anything lol

it just grosses me out to see it

i don't even like seeing/doing pda

TresChikon

Smash Lord
The term camping shouldn't even be used competatively, because according to what most people refer to as camping, making your opponent approach you, baiting would be considered camping, since you are waiting for your opponent to fall for a trick.
Would this apply to every character in competitive melee or just Samus?

EDIT: I think it would apply to Falco to or something cuz once Mogwai said something about lasers being used to pick where the confrontation happens rather than rack up damage. Which sounds a lot like ihavespaceballs explanation of Ganon's matchup. I dunno, im just scrubbsauce.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
the gay twins

ok so they're not actually gay

but it seems more like girl fan service than anything

and then the butch girls

i mean really

don't get me wrong i liked the show and i don't hate gay people or anything lol

it just grosses me out to see it

i don't even like seeing/doing pda
So are you the Pope?

Mars-

Smash Champion
Would this apply to every character in competitive melee or just Samus?

EDIT: I think it would apply to Falco to or something cuz once Mogwai said something about lasers being used to pick where the confrontation happens rather than rack up damage. Which sounds a lot like ihavespaceballs explanation of Ganon's matchup. I dunno, im just scrubbsauce.
When I think camping I think of somebody running away and spamming projectiles. When I think of how samus uses her projectiles it is more for forcing your opponent to do what you want them to do. Falco's lasers are more stun based then samus' missiles. You aren't really forcing your opponent anywhere because they are much harder to dodge so they will most likely hit.

Pi

Smash Hero
Samus can't really camp....
Her missiles aren't that hard to get around
They're more for setting up your opponent to get approaches

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
lol

i guess it's what jack said

but haha geez i'm not saying STOP DOING IT

i just don't like it

sorry i have an opinion :(

watty

do you like ouran high school host club
The thing is, though, that the bishounen aspect of the show was parodical.  It was meant to poke fun at the typical moe of fangirls. Why do you think they so explicitly outlined the stereotypical character designs at the outset of the show? They were to be taken seriously to some extent at the beginning, but the characters were quickly shown to be more intricate and complex than their moe labels lent them to be. Also, I highly doubt you watched the whole show...you would have quickly found out that the "homo-homo" twin schtick was a profeteering technique ultimately managed by kyouya. You're probably (probably) like most other watchers who saw, like, the first half of the first episode, decided it was all about some gay guys, and then walked away from what, for me, has become the most entertaining television program that I have ever had the pleasure of watching.

On topic: Samus or Spamus? (lol)

Top Bottom