• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask Watty About Anything

Watty

Smash Lord
SOOOOOOO im bored guys its 2am on a tuesday and I am not tired.....

Hugs made a thread like this as his crazy alias thing whos name i cant remember ( you guys know though alot of people said the guy sucked than they found it was hugs and ROFL good times......) but ya my style is a lot different than Hugs and although he gives all around solid info we think thigns out differently so maybe i can throw in something new.

ask away except for crashman seeing as I am the best samus in the MW i cannot give secrets to my competitors so they can practice and take my title

Watty

Smash Lord
omfg ive been waiting for this thread since i met you watty! what questions to ask hmmmm I KNOW! watty whats the deal with all the missilies?!?!?!?! Ive seen you play and you shoot more missiles than any1 ive ever met why and how do u shoot so many?!?!?!?!

Watty

Smash Lord
that sir is a very good question

You must of seen me play on YS or PS that where i shoot the most missilies and I shoot so many by missile cancelling off the platforms AKA the Oscar Myer Weiner. I do it on these 2 stages for different reasons.

First lets start with PS.....

its such a large stage and samus isnt the fastest character so I am not only going to shoot missiles to hurt the opponent but I am also using it to bring the opponent to me, besides spamming missiles the main part of my game is breaking down the shield and getting the opponent off balance. I am not nearly as good as reading my opponent as well as Hugs I will guess what they will do a f ew time and be right but for the most part I corner them into having to jump and than taking advantage of that with an aerial barrage. From there they will retreat and I will repeat the PMC not allowing the shield to come back and not giving them a break. This allows me to keep pressure on an opponent without having to follow them into a position there more comfortable with

Quick run down of what I do on PS

- Use missiles as a defensive tactic to bring the opponent to me
- wear down the shield
- Dont let up by allowing them to retreat (I do this by shooting missiles when they run)
- I shoot missiles cause its funny to watch em flip out at the amount of **** flying at them

Man that took a while I had to think on what I did there and why I am kinda tired now so Im going to go to bed I will answer the other half to the question tomorrow and any others that may have been asked. I can assure you that my thought process for YS and the missiles is different than PS, until next time folks

Watty

Smash Lord
IC method....

In this situation I like big stages you need space against IC or at least I do. The match up itself is very methodical

Draining the shield and doing damage

Fast falling missiles and Cancelling is key IMO on this, you want to shoot as fast as you can because IC are going to WD shield into you wait for you to get excited and than go for a grab. Forward smash attacks and sex kicks do not work in most situations here there to laggy the downsmash is not recommened as well unless ur using it as a follow up attack and you are postitive it will hit. Now againt most characters I jab cancel to get the opponent to jump fromt here shield but against IC you are to close so besides missiles I forward tilt for spacing, the leg is long as besides getting them to jump outta there shield or drain it you can hope for them to think they are close enough to grab miss and punish. Once they jump outta there shield up air forward air there is no attack they can do that will harm you really if they are facing u and jumping.
Try and frustrate them and if you are doing a lot of what I am saying just poking them and spacing properly so they are always close to you but just cant get that grab they will get flustered and go for a smash attack and as long as u shield that you can punish them with one of your own (I recommend down smash)

Killing Nana:

This is where my methods are different, when I go on the offensive here I for the most part come from the air, like I said earlier there is very little IC can do aerial wise when facing you the back air has good knock back but IC don't approach with that in most situations, so you are at little risk.
But once you jump your opponent will probably shield awaiting your attack and than attempt a shield grab. To counter this do one of several things don't attack in front of them from the air when u hit make sure you are behind them between them but never in front of popo, change up the way you jump double jump at the last second adn do the hit than don't, fast fall it, don't fast fall it, jump in and out, just try to be different. The whole goal of this apart is to split the IC up. You want to kill Nana first unless you have a sure quick kill on Popo try and kill Nana once she dies Popo is very limited to what he can do to you.
From the air I for the most part always come in with a spike if it misses I l cancel and just retreat trying again as soon as I see an opening, but if it does hit I follow up immediately with a down smash. The down smash from almost any part of the atage will knock the IC off the stage. Instead of attacking Popo like some players do I go for Nana I ignore the Popo until she dies, it doesn't take much its AI you can play agsint computer ones and see there habits like when they use there second jump where they tend to jump towards, and when and if they go for the ledge. Like I was saying doesn't take allot you just have to be quick and exp on where Nana is gonna try to go.
If Popo trys to interfere they will probably try to create a diversion by coming up and shielding making you want to attack it or they will simply assault you with a down smash. If A. occurs ignore them, if B occurs think about either hitting them really fast they will sacrifice themselves to save Nana so its an easy hit OR try and jump out after nana they use there second jump so soon you kno where there going jumping out with a sex kick and connecting will pretty much kill them instantly and Popo can only try and up B to try and bring her back and in most cases puts him in danger as well.

Killing Popo:

Aiight if you made it this far be glad its almost over (at elast for one stock)

Once nana is dead Popo cant do much he will go for grab down throw up air combos or instead of up airs they may WD up smash, either way DI up away and jump and they cant get it off. Besides that they will WD down smash for the most part, they will charge it some times, WD back and forth down smash, im talking about every variation in the world will be done, if they see you shield they will charge it and wait for u to either try and jump or juss drain ur shield some, in reality though they are looking for you to side step so my suggestion is DON'T! Instead Jump and shoot missiles this stops all of that in most cases, you can jump in with sex kicks now to get them fof the edge, and still stay away from smash attacks cause they will be just trying to couter attack you and there waiting for laggy moves so just dont do them. instead do forward tilts still (I know I said that earlier but it works) same reason as b4 creates space does damage knocks em back. But you should relalu be jumping alot now they cant kill u really with an aerial so jumping is ur safest bet, and Samus aerials have good priorty and knock back so u do damage to. Once off the edge be patient if there coming low grab the ledge there gonna try to up b grab or air dodge up, if from the side there prolly gonna over b or if clsoe enough air dodge onto the stage. I stay conservative though when they are coming horizantally at me and by that mean I still dont smash attack i stick with forward tilts until they are low enough that i know i wont miss a forward smash to kill.

Stages: I ban FoD I hate the fact that I can be hit on the platforms IC can WD under you and Upsmash you it sucks, besides that they can live for a while there

FD Dreamland and Stadium are good there big and tats what you need to space out the IC

Story - sucks if I could ban 2 stages against IC it would be FoD and story you die fof the top so soon and the IC are hard to split up cause the stage is so small, and they can be on the offensive in ur face the hole time its hard to create spacing in a small area

THAN REPEAT. This IC part has some holes in it that im gonna go back through reread and edit tomorrow its 3am EC time and I hvae class in the morning fi some1 reads this and notices that i didnt talk about soemthing I was supposed ot post it and I will edit it in here

Watty

Smash Lord
woah samus dittos rofl i remember the fox **** but i coulda sworn i returned the favor in that samus ditto

Watty

Smash Lord
if you are talkign abotu dittoing him than I suggest you do what I did and havea stock advantage

Corigames

Smash Hero
How do you beat a Marth... should you even try?

EDIT:
777th POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #of Moose

Megachuk

Smash Ace
I'm usually fine against aggressive falco's, but a camping one on FD sucks. Whatever shall I do watty??

ps. You going to Season's beatings???

Mars-

Smash Champion
Watty, how do I SWD? I see all these really good samus players doing it all the time, but I can't get it. Also, how do I get as good as mike nasty?

Rofl, sorry watty, I know your trying, even with all these people making fun of this thread...

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
finally a good samus player makes an advice thread. that stupid kuger magnums guy's thread was useless cause he was just some noob who had never even beaten dsf in a tournament.

anywayz i have a question. how come you and drephen were grossed out by my body. i look **** sexy

Sliq

Smash Master
How come Crashman place higher than you at MSOP. thus proving he is the superior Samus, despite using Pikachu the whole tournament.

Watty

Smash Lord
man i hate you both cause i got high and went G&W so gtfo, crashman your body i s hideous Chuk I dunno when season beatings is, and sliq wtf are you doing here

mars is cool - i hate mike nasty style and SWD so im not gonna give u info there

Sliq

Smash Master
man i hate you both cause i got high and went G&W so gtfo, crashman your body i s hideous Chuk I dunno when season beatings is, and sliq wtf are you doing here
I was bored at work so I started looking at other people's posts.

Watty

Smash Lord
whoever asked about falco i am working on that today i will have my strat up for it up sometime tonight

Big_R

Smash Champion
whoever asked about falco i am working on that today i will have my strat up for it up sometime tonight
then i will know anything i already dont. yayuhz

watty why havent you put on your gameface for like the last 3 singles tournys?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
How did you lose to JesusFreak?

>_>...

Why did you have to **** me in samus dittos?

>_>...

What is your favorite ice cream?

Jammer

Smash Lord
Hmm...

I never really play Samus, but I'd like to know the recovery techniques, especially bomb jumping.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Who is worth more gummy bears?

Why?

Kirby, doc, or jigglypuff?

Is there a reasonable pattern to the thing that I thought I did but I don't know if I really thought it or if it happened in a movie I dreamed?

Muwahahah! Maybe I have a serious question maybe I don't. I too, am very bored and wish to un-bored myself.

Actualy... how do you respond if/when someone reflects your missiles with a powershield or any other method?

Sliq

Smash Master
Watty, would you have sex with Shawn Connery for a Trillion dollars?

You would be the girl, btw.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
If a girl's been sending all these signals like she's into you, but whenever you try to talk to her, she's all like, "pshh, whatever," but like you keep catching her checking you out, then one of her friends comes up and says, "don't tell her I told you this, but she's super hot for you," and then like the next semester you're in the same class with her, but if you sit down and try to talk with her, but she's still all short with you, what do you do?

I've tried, like making jokes and ****, and I even lent her my notes the day she missed class (they were ****in' good notes, too, because I noticed that she wasn't there, but she's all like "You're such a nice guy."

How do I know she even likes me? Is she just playin' me to get ****, or was her friend on the level?

Watty

Smash Lord
If a girl's been sending all these signals like she's into you, but whenever you try to talk to her, she's all like, "pshh, whatever," but like you keep catching her checking you out, then one of her friends comes up and says, "don't tell her I told you this, but she's super hot for you," and then like the next semester you're in the same class with her, but if you sit down and try to talk with her, but she's still all short with you, what do you do?

I've tried, like making jokes and ****, and I even lent her my notes the day she missed class (they were ****in' good notes, too, because I noticed that she wasn't there, but she's all like "You're such a nice guy."

How do I know she even likes me? Is she just playin' me to get ****, or was her friend on the level?
i dont have this problem. if this would happen with me numbers would be exchanged the bed would be called upon and the nookie would commit.

hugQ Cortex

Master
even their children's children?

How do you control pacing? Are there times when you feel you're playing Samus too fast or too slow? Cus I have that problem sometimes. Do you try to play her as fast as possible? When do you feel like you need to speed things up? When do you think it's most proper to slow things down? I need some help with my PACING.

Sliq

Smash Master

Just pull it out and see what she does.

Actualy I think he looks like the jigglypuff in his sig...
^This

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Dear Watty,

The last time I saw you was at NEPA in 2006. You keep saying you plan on going to tournaments that I'm going to, but you always get froed at the last minute (along with my hopes and dreams). When will I see you again?

P.S. Why don't you call anymore?

Watty

Smash Lord
zoso i was on the ec twice in the last 6 months. get froed son

spacing u juss need exp with that, juss throw out jabs and f tilts and try and notice if the opponent is being hit by like the mid leg or the tip, if its the tip good job only like marth and sheik can still grab you.

samus isnt a fast character to me, so the onyl way i speed up is fi i shoot missiles, play your style dont change it unless its not working than tweek it. the amazing thing about samus is that really none of us play the same its so cool to go to a tourney and see all the diffrent ways people play her and they all have good reasons for hte most part on why they do what they do.

P.S. zoso i lost your number =(

brg

Smash Ace
How does a samus (me) beat a nair-bair-ftilt-dsmash-missile spamming samus (my friend)

Mars-

Smash Champion
How does a samus (me) beat a nair-bair-ftilt-dsmash-missile spamming samus (my friend)
Ducking. Most useful tactic. Duck under badly MCed missiles.

Or if your on the safer side, Nair through them

Dsmash has a lot of lag, so if they hit you shield, wavedash out and do anything.

Ftilt, rofl.

Also, try moving out of the way of attacks.

Over all though, the best advise I can give you is practice. Experience is 2304217147398123470432918 times better then anything anyone will tell you.

Top Bottom