• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask Watty About Anything

Overswarm

is laughing at you
looks more like watty left CoK because GUNPUNCH! is amazing

we're working on smash though

Watty

how does samus play against jigglypuff and peach

Big_R

Smash Champion
watty why have u been bothering me all week and now i said i can smash and you said football is on tonight?

Jammer

Smash Lord
Watty, what happened to this thread? I actually wanted my questions about Samus answered.

Oh, well.

Watty

Smash Lord
Watty, what happened to this thread? I actually wanted my questions about Samus answered.

Oh, well.
i don't really know ho to explain recovery that well thought but i will give it a shot.

bomb jumping is juss that lol when u get knocked off the stage down b and what i do is i juss tap b over and over again until another 1 comes out they will explode thus making u "bomb jump"

samus has a tendency to live a long time because she is amazing but on top of that learning to DI with her makes her live for even longer. The opposite direction u are hit at an upward diagonal in most situations is the best DI, at higher percents since she is floaty she may die off the top instead of angling the DI upwards angle it more so to the ground.

now i dunno if want me to talk a bout up b back tot he stage and the grapple so i will anyways.

don't use ur grapple unless u know u will sweet spot or are to low to up b, if u can up b and grab the ledge do so cause the grapple is to vital to just waste. ALWAYS SWEET SPOT THE UP B its hard at first to get down but if u dont u will just get spiked or knocked back out, and NEVER GRAPPLE to high because u will get flipped above the ledge and thats an easy hit for ur opponent right there

if u have questions put at the end im serious cause in any other case im juss gonna say its people messing around lol sorry this took so long to answer because i am watty i do get distracted very easily

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Watty why didn't you answer my questions?!

Jammer

Smash Lord
Thanks, Watty. But I was wondering, like how do I DI during bomb-jumping to maximize horizontal distance and minimize height loss? Like, where should I land on top of the bombs: on very top, a bit to the side, or a lot to the side? I want to maximaize my recovery with Samus.

Watty

Smash Lord
hylian - i didnt kno that was jesus freak i underestimated him he was good, than he went DK im guessing some1 saw me at FCD vs pkm vodka

u did silly things against me bombing on the stage not fast falling missiles

cookie dough

Watty

Smash Lord
I don't really pay attention to height, i bomb off the sides and off the top just to give the opponent different looks or maybe there shooting projectiles at me i use that to dodge and keep bombing.

Bombing is somewhat of a stall tactic IMO dont get me wrong u need them to help u come back tot he stage but really i bomb on the way back to help set up for my up b and grapple. if ur talking about max height though i woudl say off the top gives u max height and some people juss bomb 1 on top of the other some go fof the sides to give it a weird look some do both (me) as long as ur bomb jumping though u should be fine hopefully u wont be out there very long lol

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
hylian - i didnt kno that was jesus freak i underestimated him he was good, than he went DK im guessing some1 saw me at FCD vs pkm vodka

u did silly things against me bombing on the stage not fast falling missiles

cookie dough
Ok.

And texas must own then because Jesus Freak isn't even a ranked player here >_>. Then again neither is Sideeffect and he beat trail >_>...wtf at our best player ranking way below the other ones lol.

And ok I will try and do less silly stuff next time watty XD. My samus sucks :(.

Drephen

Smash Master
I don't really care about how you feel about Watty or vice-versa, don't spam the Samus forums with quintuple-plus posts which other users will only see as starting a flame war, and ruin an otherwise decent Samus social & learning thread.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Lol, phanna is talking through drephen. It's like drephen is his puppet.

Anyway, my question about responding to people reflecting missiles with the shine or powershielding still stands. It really throws me off especially when someone powershields the missile.

Also, when you DI do you tap the control stick really fast to one side or hold it? I can't figure out which one to do and I've player some people who live freakishly long and say it's because of DI.

Jammer

Smash Lord
Also, when you DI do you tap the control stick really fast to one side or hold it? I can't figure out which one to do and I've player some people who live freakishly long and say it's because of DI.
Tapping the control stick really fast is called smash DI. You have to smash the control stick in the opposite direction you're hit at about the same time you're hit. This significantly reduces the knockback.

For normal DI, just hold it there.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
You're not watty! Lol, just kidding thanks for the clarification. I know I read the topic on DI but I was still a bit unsure about the difference. Thanks again.

Watty

Smash Lord
ya jammer is right and i really dont know what i do because i usually cant remember that stuff during matches, so if u where asking what i do personally i do whatever i can to try and live but i dont really know if i smash DI consistently

a-mar

Smash Cadet
watty if i took you to red lobster for dinner, but i used a cupon, how far would i get that night?

dose poke floats help samus' game at all??

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Watty, why do you play this game?

Watty

Smash Lord
3 QUESTIONS YAYHUZZZ

Oro - Of course this thread should be stickied cause u posted in it

a-mar part 1 - anythings possible i wouldnt be upset about the coupon either the lobster is expensive

a-mar part 2 - it can be u have to know the stage and how to exploit it and just play smart. But its rediculously hard against space animals and sheiks and most players now a days carry a space animal as a back up character so if ur gonna use it know what characters they play before you just try it out.

hylian - i play it because i am competitive and seeing as I am not going to play bball in college or football i need to focus my competitive drive towards something else. Thus i started playing smash

Mars-

Smash Champion
Okay watty, serious question, so please try to answer. Now that gimpyfish has confirmed that mindgames are out of brawl, how are you going to play?

Corigames

Smash Hero
Can I get a complete list of Watty's biggest annoyances. My list would go:
1. Shiek
2. Captain Falcon
3. Marth
4. Falco
5. Jigglypuff
6. Fox
7. Doc
8. Young Link
9. Mario
10. Gannon

Watty

Smash Lord
mars - by not playing samus.

corey my list is

marth
drephen
falcon
jiggs
peach
drephen
gannon
the link people
drephen

VA

Smash Hero
What are good stage picks versus Marth...NOT including DL64 or FD.

And also versus Peach, when lands next to me and we are both shielding, instead of cc jabs (like i've been trying) I should UP B right? Normally I miss her shield and she takes the jab and follows up with dsmash while I am trying to cc my jab and I get *****....

Mars-

Smash Champion
Watty I got a good question:

Why isn't this stickied yet? Phanna is slacking off again.

takieddine

Smash Master
If I wanted to start playing Samus, how would you go about practicing solo?

I'm pretty proficient in all her techskill Double, triple missiles, SWD etc..

Top Bottom