• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask Watty About Anything

Watty

Smash Lord
anyone can answer as long as they answer correctly. my movement i would say is run to WD or WD or walk WD but ask ppl who play me i dont really pay attention to how i move and such. my favorite thing is WD through shield over and over and over and over again just to **** with em till they try and jump out of there shield.

corey i dont know maybe wheres he from and what u mean slow my watts.

hado smash attacks leave u open. if u miss u get pillared it sucks smash attacks really arent good beginning to mid match (unless its fox) samus lives for so freaking long all u gotta do is jab tilt jab tilt up b down tilt moves that have little lag aerials and such to get damage up. u will for the most part live longer than everyone u fight. wait them out samus is naturally defensive use it to ur advantage piss them off

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
what if they're like **** YOU AND WALL TECH INTO A WARLOCK PUNCH

corey i dont know maybe wheres he from and what u mean slow my watts.
lol

The joke is, IIRC, how Ohm resistors decrease the Watts in an electrical circuit in order to achieve a desired wattage. So facing someone name Ohm would not be good for you because your tag is Watt(y)

rhan

Smash Hero
HEY WATTY! I gots me a few questions.

- What are some things Samus needs to do against Sheik?
- Aginst Fox?
- How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie-Pop?
- Why is it fun to play as Samus?
- If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
- Can you have my babies?

rhan

Smash Hero
So camp your balls off and CC? Sounds like the Marth matchup... Agh I hate camping....

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
Bad Sheik = Don't get grabbed
Good Sheik = Don't get grabbed
Best Sheik = Get grabbed and you're ****ed

hey watty so I was playing samus and I wanted to ask if you-OH WAIT YOU ABANDONED HER NVM

*cries and wipes up tears with the twisted washcloth of anguish*

Pi

Smash Hero
i should change that thing. i main marth
O, let me change my statement then;

Sorry our char isn't perfect miss marth

Why don't you use ...*trying to think of a marth move that isn't a good approach and doesn't combo into something else*...

But seriously
Samus isn't top tier for a reason
She has limited options
Can't hate on us for using her good ones

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Sorry our char isn't perfect mr. fox

Why don't you use fair more and let us know how that works out
Hah I use fair with fox sometimes, like a nair with less range and less knock back.

or jump offstage at someone recovering with fair

or fair spam in sudden death.

rhan

Smash Hero
Crystalnite's only mad cause I beat his Marth once with My half *** Samus just because I CC'ed everything he threw at me. :chuckle:

Theo get on Starcfraft. Travon's on 2v2 naoz!

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
what

i don't get it

do you guys mean, if you're in the position to use it for your benefit, you would prefer not to use it?

????

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
No, I mean that it doesn't work against the top players, and instead gets me punished. So instead of relying on it against non-top players who it actually works on, I'd rather learn to play in a way where I am never in a situation where I'll be tempted to use it.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think convincing good opponents that they will have to fight around your cc almost all the time is very important in this day and age.

But I'm bad so what do I know.

:(

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
samus mains are so weird.

samus = camping.

y do u think her only melee game is 75% CC? cuz she has NO other options.
I don't know a single good Samus main that relies on CC. Besides, you can't forcibly CC an opponent, they have to make the poorly prepared approach and get *****. If a CC is being telegraphed (ie, samus is just ****in sittin there) she's so easy to control.

Her options mostly in movement, stage control, and tech chasing. Or at least that's how I try to approach her.

No, I mean that it doesn't work against the top players, and instead gets me punished. So instead of relying on it against non-top players who it actually works on, I'd rather learn to play in a way where I am never in a situation where I'll be tempted to use it.
I know what you're saying. It's really rare for higher level players to blatantly space aerials poorly against Samus (or use jabs / tilts vs crouching samus xD). I do like CC though, I feel it's really important when you get your opponent on tilt and they are frantically trying to hit you.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
I don't know a single good Samus main that relies on CC. Besides, you can't forcibly CC an opponent, they have to make the poorly prepared approach and get *****. If a CC is being telegraphed (ie, samus is just ****in sittin there) she's so easy to control.

Her options mostly in movement, stage control, and tech chasing. Or at least that's how I try to approach her.
If ur saying that samus' game doesnt revolve around camping, then there is nothing more to say.

if thats not what ur saying then my point still stands. CC is extremely integral to samus's game. It's just that she has less offensive options than others, so her relative reliance on CC is greater than other characters. I understand its mainly used to punish the opponent's mistakes, but isnt that what defensive play is?

TresChikon

Smash Lord
If ur saying that samus' game doesnt revolve around camping, then there is nothing more to say.

if thats not what ur saying then my point still stands. CC is extremely integral to samus's game. It's just that she has less offensive options than others, so her relative reliance on CC is greater than other characters. I understand its mainly used to punish the opponent's mistakes, but isnt that what defensive play is?
So what do you do against Ganon. Or a Fox spamming drills when you CC?

Top Bottom