• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Mith_

Smash Champion
First, you do a short hop and at the PEAK of your jump, do two lasers in a row really fast.

This is how I do it on a gc controller:
1. Dash
2. Press c-stick down
3. Immediately after step 2, press up on analog+Z at the same time

You can hold down Z longer to charge the usmash.
/wrists.
vertically

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
First, you do a short hop and at the PEAK of your jump, do two lasers in a row really fast.

This is how I do it on a gc controller:
1. Dash
2. Press c-stick down
3. Immediately after step 2, press up on analog+Z at the same time

You can hold down Z longer to charge the usmash.
OMG, really? You just made my Falco 50 times better!!!! XD XD XD

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
^ZOMG DOUBLE POST MODS COMING TO **** YOU!

It's still hilarious that he took me and Mithx seriously.

Mith_

Smash Champion
LOL SUCKS FOR U MAN XD

@K 2: its somewhere here in this topic. denzi posted it. i think its on page 15 iirc.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
LOL page 15 ok, I'll go check there. xD

Im just joking Mith. :3

K_2: You have to do a regular pivot grab, but think you have to press Z later than usual to get the sliding effect. Eh, I honestly dont know, but that should be some help.

K 2

Smash Lord
Ah, sorry I didn't read 17 pages of posts/250 posts before posting my question, my bad.

Denzi

Smash Master
Originally Posted by Denzi
The way I do it is Dthrow > dash > back on the control stick > shield + A, but the other way (which some claim to be better) is Dthrow > dash > back on the control stick > C-stick back + Z.
Right here. omg 4th time copying & pasting this.

Denzi

Smash Master
I'm seriously considering it, though the people on the "not Falco" boards will see it and go "wtf?" If someone asks agaig I probably will.

Denzi

Smash Master
All right, time for a serious qusestion.

LHDL: I can't land on the stage after doing these and if i try to move far enough forward, I just end up phantasming. What am I doing wrong? (help)

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
When you jump, just slightly move the stick, as if you were doing a tilt. Almost immediately let it center back, then do the lasers. It's actually a tricky technique, I still screw it up sometimes.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Enjoy your sticky.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
About time this thread got stickied.
LHDL: you mean leaving the edge -> DJ -> lasers? Or run off stage -> DJ -> lasers?

Mith_

Smash Champion
Go go sticky. :)

Denzi I'm not sure what you are asking. I'm assuming LHDL means ledge hop double lasers. Whenever I do them I never end up on stage, I just end up grabbing the ledge again lol. I guess do what Angel said.

Let me make sure I know what I'm doing first before I answer xD.

-Away from ledge + jump
-DI towards level
-Lasers.

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
Question:
Who can you deal with a Metaknight who has a percent lead and is ledge stalling, other than just hope he makes a mistake and leaves himself open?

Denzi

Smash Master
Question:
Who can you deal with a Metaknight who has a percent lead and is ledge stalling, other than just hope he makes a mistake and leaves himself open?
Not much.

@ Others: Yes I meant ledge hop double lasers.

Also: Yay, sticky!

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I'd be risky, go over there and try to get a bair stage-spike. This should make him get off the edge hopefully, then I'd get back to regular defense and force an approach by him.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Run up to the ledge, shield then grab the ledge quickly when he gets off. Learn to time invulnerable ledge hopped aerials.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Question:
If their tag is Plank then slap the controller out of their hands for making this strategy so well-known and Bair stage-spike them.
Or you could do what Tommy said although when you are standing on the edge in shield all they have to do is sit there on the edge, Falco has no OoS options to punish ledge-stallers. In which case I advise spamming spot-dodge so you don't lose too much of your shield, 86% invinicibility is too good. Of course all your options are punishable which is why this is such a pain for Falco.
Props to this thread for proving me wrong, got a sticky, I like it.

1000th post

Denzi

Smash Master
Congrats on 1000th post.

Does spotdodge spamming really make you 86% invincible? It never seemed that safe to me.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Congrats on 1000th post.

Does spotdodge spamming really make you 86% invincible? It never seemed that safe to me.
If you buffer it perfectly then 86% of your frames are invincibility frames (according to the frame data anyway). It is completely useless against attacks with long lasting hitboxes but use it against Ike and watch him fail over and over again until he eventually starts spamming Jab (quickest move to repeat).

Top Bottom