• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

SuSa

Banned via Administration

Not sure if this was brought up... but nice title ;) may I ask.. did you spell it like that on purpose?

@Denzi

That's if you have frame-perfect timing I believe. >.> so not safe

J4pu

Smash Champion

Not sure if this was brought up... but nice title ;) may I ask.. did you spell it like that on purpose?

@Denzi

that's what the buffer system is for, making scrubs react like pros.

Mith_

Smash Champion

@Denzi

No it wasn't spelled like that intentionally. Just another Marth user making a Q&A thread in somebody else's board so they can not monitor it. >.>

Denzi

Smash Master
that's what the buffer system is for, making scrubs react like pros.
Hooray, I can has pro skillz nao!
(not that I'd call myself a scrub by any means)

@ Havokk: It was his mistake, but now it's our joke. Any qusestions? :laugh:

Denzi

Smash Master
Fix'd.

Also, not that I know of. That would put you both in the air, where MK *****.
lol.

And the point of GR follow ups would be to attack them (chars with sucky grab animations) before they can actually do anything . I just don't know how soon MK is able to move, so I can't say if there's anything you can "combo" into.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Im pretty sure if MK is air released, Falco could DAC him possibly...
If not, oh well. :[

Falkito

Smash Rookie
Hi!
Does anybody know what character can be killed with F-air off the satage? and with how many damange??

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
It's the characters will poor vertical recovery, such as Ganon, DK, another Falco, etc. They can be at pretty low percents, I don't have exact numbers.

Mith_

Smash Champion
It's the characters will poor vertical recovery, such as Ganon, DK, another Falco, etc. They can be at pretty low percents, I don't have exact numbers.
Yea, just be careful not so SD. Fair has a long animation so you have to space it right.

Edit: 20 pages. Healz yuhz.

Gmoney_

Smash Journeyman
lol.

And the point of GR follow ups would be to attack them (chars with sucky grab animations) before they can actually do anything . I just don't know how soon MK is able to move, so I can't say if there's anything you can "combo" into.
Well i kinda tested it today on a lv9 MK (wanna do it on a human soon aswell) and i think u can link a GR with a Boost upsmash. You have to have the right timing for this, otherwise the boost upsmash wont go far and u'll miss. So if this also works on a human, I think that this 'combo' can become a reliable KO on MKs at higher percentage

Mith_

Smash Champion
I PMed him and asked if he would edit the thread. I'm gonna go thru all 20 of these pages (wth :crazy: )and find qusestions asked the most and send them to him so he can update the first post again.

Spudnick

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed that sometimes an opponent will sometimes be able to footstool you out of a chaingrab if you do a boost pivot grab. I'm sure this is completely character dependent (metaknight can do this amongst others) but I was wondering whether I'm not executing the pivot grab correctly.

Mith_

Smash Champion
I've noticed that sometimes an opponent will sometimes be able to footstool you out of a chaingrab if you do a boost pivot grab. I'm sure this is completely character dependent (metaknight can do this amongst others) but I was wondering whether I'm not executing the pivot grab correctly.
I've seen Bowser do it before as well.
I search for how to do it >.> here:
Denzi said:

The way I do it is Dthrow > dash > back on the control stick > shield + A, but the other way (which some claim to be better) is Dthrow > dash > back on the control stick > C-stick back + Z.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Uhhhh, I performed a dash attack right out of a tornado slap thing. I tried again and I failed. It seems you could do a Gatling combo out of this. How do you cancel it? Cause I was just trying to do f-tilt, not dash. -_- So IDK what happened.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
How do you cancel a dash attack into a usmash?
I do c-stick down into c-stick up for Gatling combo. Of course, you could do the traditional c-stick down to Up+Z, but choose whatever fits you. :)

Coda

Smash Cadet
Why does Falco's DACUS have the property of when DA makes contact, it'll break into Usmash frames? While with no contact will boost smash...

K 2

Smash Lord
I just read the thread about the falco-mk matchup and it said falco was even when he planked. How do I effectively plank against an MK? What are my ledge options?

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Fire Bird Stall! =D
Or Phantasm stall.

@Coda: I dont know, but that is a good property of Falcos DAC. Snake has it aswell. ^^'

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Falco can't really Plank against an MK... it works the other way around. MK can Plank against Falco.

Falco doesn't want to stay near the edge against MK; if he tried to plank, the occasional invincibility frames he gets would be FAR outweighed by the fact that he's setting himself up for a gimp.

Denzi

Smash Master
I just read the thread about the falco-mk matchup and it said falco was even when he planked. How do I effectively plank against an MK? What are my ledge options?
I'm pretty sure the "he" was refering back to MK.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Why does Falco's DACUS have the property of when DA makes contact, it'll break into Usmash frames? While with no contact will boost smash...
I'm guessing the Dash Attack's frames are being Canceled by making contact, allowing you to follow up with an Up Smash.

@ftl: agreed, no way Falco can plank against MK.

J4pu

Smash Champion
dash attack canceilling into a Upsmash where both attacks connect
run at opponent
Cstick down so the dash attack hits in initial frames
Cstick up immediately after dash attack connects

If they are at low enough percent you just performed a gatling combo

Alright I know there is confusing to new players about the differences between Gatling Combo and Boost Smash (Most common names I know of). Maybe the (Reverse) Jump-Cancelled Smash as well.

So can anyone in one post just basically sum up the differences and similiarties between the 3 and all the names that go with each corresponding type of up smash.

Also is there a thread for ALL the different terminologys of SSBB?

One more thing what methods are available to NOT get yourself an automatic SD from on stage to directly off the stage by running off? C-stick, control stick + attack, I get the same result.

Top Bottom