• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Gatling combo - you dash, hit someone with a dash attack, and immediately do an upsmash. Can also be called DLX Cancel.
Boost smash - you dash, initiate a dash attack, but before the dash attack comes out you cancel it wiht an upsmash, and so you get a sliding upsmash that goes pretty far.

Also known as DACUS - Dash Attack Canceled Upsmash.

All can be done the same way, just with slightly different timing.

Reverse Jump-Cancelled Smash is a different thing, it's not commonly used as far as I know so I'm not going to comment on it.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187873 has lots of ATs, doesnt have all the terminology but if you search for "Falco" in it you'll get a lot of what you need. Or, even better, just read a Falco guide, that'll cover all the Falco techniques only.

I don't get your last question. Do you mean when doing a dair?

Denzi

Smash Master
Ok guys, tonight I promise I'll go thru this thread and get all of the FAQusestions to edit the first page. Hopefully that will clear everything up.
Good, I look forward to it. DLX refers to GC, DACUS might refer to both, I'm not sure.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Pit vs Falco is even. They are very equal in the camping aspect, and although falco has the chaingrab it is very difficult to get a grab in the first place. If you rush in blindly against a pit, you've lost the match guaranteed.

Are there any situations that using the Reverse Boost Pivot Grab is a decent option apart from using it in the chaingrab? The only other possible situation I could see in using it is in this scenario: you are close to the edge facing away from it, your foe is at too high a percentage to chaingrab, and they are coming at you. With that situation you properly Space SHL/SHDL >> RBPG >> Dthrow >> (Attack of your choice).

Pit vs Falco is even. They are very equal in the camping aspect, and although falco has the chaingrab it is very difficult to get a grab in the first place. If you rush in blindly against a pit, you've lost the match guaranteed.
I would even think that it would even be a bit in Pit's favor too alittle bit. With 2 options to reflect Falco's lasers, a controllable projectile and disjointed hitbox that can make things difficult for Falco.

Denzi

Smash Master
I would even think that it would even be a bit in Pit's favor too alittle bit. With 2 options to reflect Falco's lasers, a controllable projectile and disjointed hitbox that can make things difficult for Falco.
You're just looking at the projectile spam aspect, which doesn't gaurentee victory.

@stevp: I know Marth, MK (esp.when planking), and G&W do well. Also, I'm pretty sure Kirby does rather well .

@Denzi: Nothing guarantees victory in SSBB except if the wii shuts off somehow, then it's the wii's victory 'cause then everyone is like "WTH".

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Kirby can do like 3 lasers in one SH or something? O_o
not to mention he can do his grab combo on Falco, and he is hard to continuously CG (Not counting chain spiking).

zagoon

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone, i´m new in this great forum and i have some questions about falco.

1- i don´t know if this haves been said already, but... falco reflector can get against you?? it happened me twice, i use the reflector , my oppenent attacks , hits the reflector and the reflector gets against me and hits me ( if you want i can post a video of it )

2- I just discovered something with falco lasers, and i dont really know if is an AT or everyone knows already about it, i dont know how to name it but it´s performed like this:

run in one direction ( let´s say right ), short hop, press B and then inmediatly ( and when i mean inmediatly i mean very quick ) press the opposite direction you are facing ( in our case, left ) and leave it pressed.

the result is that you do a reverse laser, but you dont continue with your aerial momentum ( i dont know if that term is well used there xd ), you go the opposite direction you where facing, it´s very strange, you do it and it´s like you where completly reversed , i cant do a video about it if someone thinks it´s interesting then film it!

K 2

Smash Lord
1. I don't think the reflector can hurt you, its not technically a projectile so it can't be reflected at you. If marth counters it, marth will hit you with his counter, but the reflector itself will not hurt you.

2. Yes, its been known.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
That was... weird. O_____O
I don't know how that Diddy did that, could be.... something.
Reflector against 'naners, and use lasers for spacing/approaching.

K 2

Smash Lord
whoa, I've never seen that happen with falco's reflector...I'm sorry I can't explain what happened.

Crazy Hobo

Smash Cadet
To play against a Diddy you need to know how to play banana games very well. You can CG him for a good amount, and edgehog his recovery. Also learning to glide toss can be helpful. And as Mithx said, use the reflector against is bananas.

Denzi

Smash Master
What happened in that video was basically just two attacks colliding. Diddy attacked at the same time Falco reflected, the attack hit Falco, and the reflector hit Diddy. It just has that wierd animation for some reason.

Vs. Diddy: Glide Toss and the Reflector are your friends.

Scenario #2423: You grab the ledge and you want to get back onto the stage using phantasm, but wait you can do it 3 different ways:

Jump button >> Cancel with Phantam
Push Control stick away from edge >> jump immediatly >> cancel with phantasm
Drop down >> jump immediatly >> cancel with phantasm

What do you choose?

......Yeah I am asking which of those 3 is the best method for getting on the stage with phantasm from the edge.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Anyone will work, just mix it up so you don't get as predictable as Falco's recovery already is.

Alright I am faced against a Dsmash and Side smash spammer wolf. How might one deal with that apart from careful shielding and dodging. I found that jab works, but only when you know they will be infront of you.

Actually overall my weakness is spam happy people which I know shouldn't be a problem.

Denzi

Smash Master
crystal:

First qusestion: Drop down >> Walljump >> Cancel with Phantasm :p

Seccond qusestion: Shield and punish. If they're gaurenteed to get hit by an attack (most of the time anyways), it (usually) deters them from spamming.

Qusestion of my own: Is Silent Laser only lagless after a shorthop? Or does it work after fulljumps too?

Mith_

Smash Champion
It should be lagless after a full hop.

I also have the same problem as crystal lol. Lasers don't help when Wolf has a reflector and a laser of his own :p.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Sorry, I edited my post.

I've been tired from exams. I've got one everyday this week and don't feel prepared enough for them. I'm kinda scared, heh.

edit: p.s. don't waste ur 1000th post lol.

It should be lagless after a full hop.

I also have the same problem as crystal lol. Lasers don't help when Wolf has a reflector and a laser of his own :p.
For that with the reflector I know what I should do I just cannot do it yet xD

I know you should (throws word around loosely) mindgame against them by doing a mix up of empty shorthops, SHL and SHDL, sometimes a laser in the the air yet not on the ground and try to pressure a reflector usage and than punish them with the proper spacing cannot do that yet. I always get the spacing incorrect and get shieldgrabbed or something xD

For a full hop I should see no reason why it would not be a full hop. Really how different is a full hop from a short hop except for height. I have not done it, but I would say it should be lagless laser on a full hop.

How important is the Boost Smash and Phantasm Cancel to falcos game?

Also I know you have heard questions about the Boost Smash countless times, but I just want to do your own methods for doing it include?

I find it easiest of you dash with the control stick in the corner between up and side (this in the dash animation counts as up and so you do not have to time side to up on the controller), down c-stick than with L or R. Doing it with Z throws my timing off as I usually hit it too soon during the down c-stick motion.

3rd Question: Are there any attacks that can be added after the DThrow > Jab that will be sure able to connect.

Top Bottom