• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Denzi

Smash Master
I see my qusestion goes unanswered...

I am actually finding it difficult to play w/tap jump on. The accidental jump every once in a while really mess with me; I can't get used to it.

And Mithx: I don't think setting L to jump works. IIRC, Tap Jump is the only way to jump OoS (w/o the extra 7 frames anyways).

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Two quick ?s.

1.) On what characters can Falco CG but NOT RPBG them? Or can you and the timing just has to be spot on. (I've had problems with Metaknight at certain percentages and Wario.)

2.) ZSS's dsmash chain. Can I break out? How?
1. You can just jump out of the BPG (boost pivot grab), but most players don't think of doing this. Characters with a high priority/speed dair can easily get out (Lucario/MK). It might be hard to BPG ROB since he is pretty floaty. Of course, don't try it on Marth since he can upb out of it. Basically, it just depends on the player. if they dont expect, you will land the BPG. but yes, it can be escaped by any character by simply jumping or attacking with a high priority/speed attack. However it might be inescapable against some characters at very low percents (Wolf/Link?)

2. Your best bet is to try DIing out of it, but Falco is a spacie, and combos do generally work very well on him.

Vlade

Social Outcast
If you walk then there is no chance of tripping. I can't count how many times I've tripped when I used to use the dashing chain grab. Although there are certain characters where the dashing chaingrab is better, although I can't remember them right now since I alway use the walking chaingrab anyway :p

I've got a qusestion:

How "landable" is SHSL -> reverse boost pivot grab, and what would you use it for?

I saw Sethlon doing it and just wondered.
I like this 'technique'. It is definitely landable if your opponent likes shielding after a silent laser (including SHDL). Some opponents I verse often shield when I SHDL and expect a dash attack or usmash after the silent laser. If they pop up their shield, I either grab or reverse boost pivot grab depending where I am in terms of position. Just be sure to space this otherwise your grab won't connect.

If they don't shield the laser then it will still work if your opponent isn't expecting it :p

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
You can escape the BPG at the same percent you could escape a normal chaingrab. If the BPG is buffered and perfectly executed, it doesn't take any longer than a normal regrab.

Hyo

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to do a BPG with wii mote nunchuk combo? With what configs?

Hyo

Smash Journeyman
What makes you say that? Is it similar to boost smashing with a motechuck?

How would you boost pivot with a mote chuck?

BladerZ528

Smash Rookie
Have you guys ever fought your own character in battle?
I found out the best outcome of winning is doing exactly what seth did with sk92 when they were vsing each other in his second and third match of this video link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9xjyoTSF6Q .
What is crazy is that once you chain grab a falco and spike them and then ledge hog them its almost for sure that you are going to win that stock. What do you guys think? Can this be prevented? Must you always keep distance and play mind games?

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Smash DI toward the stage and tech. Congrats, you've survived the chain grab.

Also, Falco dittos are super boring anyway, but not just because of the grabs. Even past grab percentage, it's just two birds bouncing around shooting lasers at each other the whole time.

BladerZ528

Smash Rookie
Smash DI toward the stage and tech. Congrats, you've survived the chain grab.

Also, Falco dittos are super boring anyway, but not just because of the grabs. Even past grab percentage, it's just two birds bouncing around shooting lasers at each other the whole time.
wow really? that works? Pretty easy to execute too?

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Not "easy", but reliable once you get it down. They talk about it a lot in SK92's thread, go check that out.

I asked this question before, but did not really get a conclusive answer. Can a person escape from a Grab > Dthrow > Jab > Jab > Standing Grab at low percentages say 40% or less? Or rather can this work on any of the cast?

Mith_

Smash Champion
I was practicing laser camping today with my psychic friend (the CPU) and at the end of the match I did the leetest thing. Dash attack to Dair spike. I dash attacked my opponent off of the level and I also fell off. I hit my C-stick down and spiked his ***. Has this happened to anybody else?

Denzi

Smash Master
I asked this question before, but did not really get a conclusive answer. Can a person escape from a Grab > Dthrow > Jab > Jab > Standing Grab at low percentages say 40% or less? Or rather can this work on any of the cast?
I would think a lot of characters would be out of your grab range, so you'd have to move forward (and risk Ftilting/ dash attacking). You'd also get less throws in due to the extra jab damage. I still think it'd be more effective/efficient to just do a regular CG.

Now Dthrow -> dair -> turnaround jab -> grab is a different story. Would that work?

I was practicing laser camping today with my psychic friend (the CPU) and at the end of the match I did the leetest thing. Dash attack to Dair spike. I dash attacked my opponent off of the level and I also fell off. I hit my C-stick down and spiked his ***. Has this happened to anybody else?
Never happened to me before, but it sounds pretty 1337. How'd you live from Sticking a Dair below stage? (or did you live...)

Also: lol @ psychic friend :laugh:

Hyo

Smash Journeyman
I'd have to say CPUs have the shoddiest DI I have ever seen. Don't use them to practice spiking.

Denzi

Smash Master
I'd have to say CPUs have the shoddiest DI I have ever seen. Don't use them to practice spiking.
There the closest we can get if we don't know any Smashers/don't have WiFi. Besides, most of my friends don't even know what DI is, let alone how to use it. What makes them any better?

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
There the closest we can get if we don't know any Smashers/don't have WiFi. Besides, most of my friends don't even know what DI is, let alone how to use it. What makes them any better?
I believe if you move the control stick in any direction after getting hit is DI. It's just not proper DI.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
You gotta DI perpendicular (Both sticks) then use your fastest aerial + FF to have "Proper" DI. :D

Mith_

Smash Champion
You gotta DI perpendicular (Both sticks) then use your fastest aerial + FF to have "Proper" DI. :D
See, I was taught wrong, so I always Fair to DI with Falco instead of Bair. Same with Donkey Kong >.> I need to break that habit.

What exactly do you mean by perpendicular? You mean like this if you were caught in pikachu's down smash.

V (control stick); > (C Stick)

Denzi

Smash Master
What exactly do you mean by perpendicular? You mean like this if you were caught in pikachu's down smash.

V (control stick); > (C Stick)
No, you hit both sticks exactly (or close) to perpendicular to the direction you are sent in.

@Mithx: Did you learn to DI with Marth or something?

I've finally gotten out of the habit of airdodging after I'm hit, but I always seem to hit the wrong direction when I try to Bair, so I usually just Dair.

I would think a lot of characters would be out of your grab range, so you'd have to move forward (and risk Ftilting/ dash attacking). You'd also get less throws in due to the extra jab damage. I still think it'd be more effective/efficient to just do a regular CG.

Now Dthrow -> dair -> turnaround jab -> grab is a different story. Would that work?

It doesn't work on Lucario, had someone try it will me for like a minute, probably be another week before I can get someone to help me further test anything.

I know that on the people Falco cannot chain grab past 2 because of the person's physics (this was against CPUs kirby, lucario, samus, etc of lv9) it gets up to about 60% jab and grab. Adding DI, jumping and stuff I am not really sure. It might work against some of the heavier characters at higher percentages when DACUS cannot connect with both hits. Even if you do not grab again it might be worth something to look into if you get a grab at high percentages, Grab > Pummel > Dthrow > Jab > anything you want to do, Jump cancelled upsmash?

That would certainly allow better possibilities at not being shielded or spot dodged easily. I'll try it next time I get someone willing to test with me online.

No, you hit both sticks exactly (or close) to perpendicular to the direction you are sent in.

Ahh, so you can only change the angle at which you get sent flying, not the amount of knockback you might receieve. In an example, you get sent flying at a 30 degree angle in relation to the stage floor. You push the sticks in the direction the perpendicular position, it will send you at a 35 degree angle or maybe a 25 degree depending on which side you hit the sticks toward. Something like that?

Mith_

Smash Champion

@Mithx: Did you learn to DI with Marth or something?

I've finally gotten out of the habit of airdodging after I'm hit, but I always seem to hit the wrong direction when I try to Bair, so I usually just Dair.
Well either somebody told me wrong or I interpreted it wrong. I thought you were supposed to smash both sticks forward to DI, but thats for SDI.

§witch

Smash Lord
To correctly DI went sent horizontally Di up and tpwards the stage while c-stick'ing your fastest aerial. Fast fall, then jump you should have control of your motion by then.

For vertical, DI horizotally, while c-sticking your fastest aerial then FF it.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Hey, I see a lot of (Insert Char Name) Back Room Groups for different characters, wouldn't it be wise for the intelligent and knowledgeable Falcos here to create a group like that?
I just feel bad for you guys coming here to discuss Falco's metagame, only to be met by "How do I SHL?!?!?!" and "Falco keeps dthrowing me! He is gay! Can it be escaped?"
So would it not be a good idea?

fark

Smash Apprentice
you can grab release wario into an upsmash or FORWARDSMASH
wario gets ***** even harder now
but i have yet to test it on a person
it works on the computer haha

Denzi

Smash Master
Hey, I see a lot of (Insert Char Name) Back Room Groups for different characters, wouldn't it be wise for the intelligent and knowledgeable Falcos here to create a group like that?
I just feel bad for you guys coming here to discuss Falco's metagame, only to be met by "How do I SHL?!?!?!" and "Falco keeps dthrowing me! He is gay! Can it be escaped?"
So would it not be a good idea?
It's a great idea, but I have no idea how to make one :(. If someone else does, it'd be great if they did.

How do you do that pivot grab that SK92 does alot?
Dash -> Back-> C-Stick Left/right +Z, all done fairly quickly.

you can grab release wario into an upsmash or FORWARDSMASH
wario gets ***** even harder now
but i have yet to test it on a person
it works on the computer haha

Umm... Great? (try it on a person and then give us the results)

Top Bottom