• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

belluzzo

Smash Rookie
:)can you tell me how to do a chain grab and the characters who can use it?
PM to me plz ^^(wii remote+nunchuk

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I actually discovered it by accidendt, and came to Smashboards thinking I could gloat with some great new discovery until I was met with "FALCO CG TO SPIKE!!". So not only had they beaten me, they'd gone one step further and discovered a zero to death, man you gotta hate this community sometimes lol.
F*** it's Christmas Day and I'm here... I have no life.

Denzi

Smash Master
Anyone got a link to a post explaining how to cancel Phantasm?
Just go into training mode & practice it. Your not just pressing B twice as fast as you can, there's a timing to it. Shorter cancel happens before the "Phantasm sound", longer cancel is after.

Royale

Smash Journeyman
Oooohh, ok. I just needed to read how to do it, thanks for the explaintion. Was able to do both in the span of a few seconds after i read your post lol

e: gonna need to take my headphones off to practice this lol O.o

umm im getting a very short phatasm if i press B 3-4 times before the SFX is heard, and im getting the longer cancel if i do 2. I'll play with it alittle more. Someone say something if im not doing it right ahaha -- doing this in real time atm

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I just stick with cancelling it right at the beginning, so if I'm recovering and I'm right next to the edge and would land on stage with the phantasm, just cancel it and sweetspot the edge, they don't usually expect that lol.

Kais3000

Smash Cadet
So why is it called DLX, what does that even stand for?

But yes I understand what the gatling combo and DACUS are.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Just call it gatling combo or DAC. a guy named Darklinkx "discovered" it so some people like saying DLX.

Kais3000

Smash Cadet
Alright, alright calm down, I was just inquiring as I saw it mentioned a lot in the G&W match-up thread and thought that I had missed out on something, which would be odd.

This thread is for quick questions and then quick answers, answers like this are not appreciated by anybody.

EDIT: Thanks ozz

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Alright, alright calm down, I was just inquiring as I saw it mentioned a lot in the G&W match-up thread and thought that I had missed out on something, which would be odd.

This thread is for quick questions and then quick answers, answers like this are not appreciated by anybody.

We wern't mad or anything. We were jjust getting to the bottom of it. No harm intended. It was a good question.

I know what this thread was intended for. I made it.:)

Kais3000

Smash Cadet
Okay my apologies. And it appears that you did so thank you for this thread even though its dying a bit now, more questions needed people. Someone must be new here.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Someone must be new here.
Newbies are easily intimidated, I guess it's partly the community's fault and partly their fault for not bothering to read up extensively beforehand.

Denzi

Smash Master
Newbies are easily intimidated, I guess it's partly the community's fault and partly their fault for not bothering to read up extensively beforehand.
Yeah, like that stupid Kais3000 guy who dared to say DLX on the Falco boards :)
lol, j/k.

Anyone got a method for practicing the wall teching of Falcos Chaingrab>Spike by one's self? Apart from having to use a 2nd person to start the chaingrab?

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
lol this thread is ironic because it is spam itself
whether or not that is the intent (and I'm sure it isn't) this is the 2nd thread made for this reason in the past 2 weeks or so, the other one just sorta died off (like I predicted it would) and so will this one, no offense but we have stickies for this reason, if they don't read stickies what makes you think they will read this thread for answers?
OH! Its been almost two Months! sorry i had to say it.

You didn't post in red.

My mistake

I have a noobish question ;)

About falco's dair. Does it sourspot in a certain hitbox range, after a certain number of frames, or both?

It isn't noobish. I think its the hit box. You have to hit the bottlome half of his boots. I think.

I'm not sure...I haven't played in a while because my left thumb is broken.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I have a question. Why does everyone in the Falco backroom think the Falco/Snake matchup is in Falco's favor?!? :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Other than Jab cancelled into grab, what are the other good Falco's favorite grab setups?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Snake vs Falco is Snake's favor.

So long as he don't get grabbed.

Also for grab setups:

My personal favorite is:
Falling nair > grab

My friend has used the following on me:

Silent laser > buffer dash > SH Dair > Shield grab
Ftilt > 1 shot laser lock > Boost Pivot Grab (only at higher %'s, its a sexy combo thing though. lol)
Tipped Fsmash > 1 shot laser lock > IAP > Grab

1 :mewtwo: 411

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
I have a question. Why does everyone in the Falco backroom think the Falco/Snake matchup is in Falco's favor?!? :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Other than Jab cancelled into grab, what are the other good Falco's favorite grab setups?
well the top-level falcos seem to think so. D1 even stated that he thinks it's 60:40 falco. as a person who uses snake as an alt, i think it's 55:45, but meh, if you want my reasons, go check the summary i wrote on the last post in the stickied matchup thread. as for other people's opinions, you'd have to ask them.

SuSa

<3

I wish you were in the Falco backroom to back me up.
Falco can't camp with lasers, we just crouch. We like it when Falco's approach, already in the advantage.... Utilt and ftilt basically beat everything Falco has...

It's still a pretty neutral matchup, but NOT Falco's favor....

Unless Falco spikes us /CG spikes us/ we outlive him by like 35-50%...

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I'm just kidding around, Black. I know it's a really close fight, so there are bound to be arguments in favor of either one.

SuSa

To settle the matchup:

For Snake mains: 55/45 Snake, maybe even 60/40 Snake

For Falco mains: 55/45 Falco, maybe even 60/40 Falco

Character Bias, theres both our problems IMO (lol bias)

:mewtwo:

GMo

Smash Apprentice
At lower levels of play Falco has a significant advantage, as the players get better the gap closes accordingly. At very high levels I'd say it is even, maybe 45/55 for Falco.

I think a lot of us aren't at a very high level of play and at the same time play equally high leveled Snakes.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
What are the best possible ways to get an opponent off the stage and to get them in a vulnerable position to dair them? I tried using the chaingrab with Falco but when the opponent is out of the stage my dair nearly almost misses. It try going out of the stage further to spike them but it's quite hard to get the spacing or position right to do so. Help?

Top Bottom