• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

fark

Smash Apprentice
It's a great idea, but I have no idea how to make one :(. If someone else does, it'd be great if they did.

Dash -> Back-> C-Stick Left/right +Z, all done fairly quickly.

Umm... Great? (try it on a person and then give us the results)
ya i know ive just been waiting for a person to play with
everyone in az that plays brawl lives really far from me
but i already know the grab release works with air attacks on people
sk92 does it in his recent tourney vids
watch the matches against fictionhttp://www.getyourtournament.com/multimedia/2008_12_14_archive.html

Mith_

Smash Champion
Hey, I see a lot of (Insert Char Name) Back Room Groups for different characters, wouldn't it be wise for the intelligent and knowledgeable Falcos here to create a group like that?
I just feel bad for you guys coming here to discuss Falco's metagame, only to be met by "How do I SHL?!?!?!" and "Falco keeps dthrowing me! He is gay! Can it be escaped?"
So would it not be a good idea?
They already have one, dunno how active it is though.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Well if possible we should stick with the old one. He is still active on the boards except he no longer posts in the falco boards. Yes it's an invite-only group.

If we're to make a new group we'll have to decide the members according to their tournament results, knowledge and intelligence.

We should also probably ask slashtalon if it's okay.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Well if possible we should stick with the old one. He is still active on the boards except he no longer posts in the falco boards. Yes it's an invite-only group.

If we're to make a new group we'll have to decide the members according to their tournament results, knowledge and intelligence.

We should also probably ask slashtalon if it's okay.
You Know what?!?!?!

I'm on it. I'll ask him. :)

EDIT: wait a minute. Wouldn't "Upgrading Falcos Arsenal" be pretty much the falcon back room?

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Sweet. Let me know what happens.

Although I have a question. Are you a falco main? It's hard to tell because you have Roy in your profile.
Falco has been my main for seven years.

I fun the fire emblem chars though.

I find myself postin on the marth boards much more then the falcos nowdays.

I created this thread.:):laugh::)

Random info. sorry lol.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Ok thanks for clearing things up. I knew you made this thread but I thought you were some random visiting the falco boards and noticed that we didn't have a Q&A thread. Sorry about my assumptions. Anyway who are possible candidates for this back room?

IMO: SK92, Sethlon, D1 and Ozz for starters. They all have good tourney results, + Ozz posts reasonably regularly on these boards.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Ok thanks for clearing things up. I knew you made this thread but I thought you were some random visiting the falco boards and noticed that we didn't have a Q&A thread. Sorry about my assumptions. Anyway who are possible candidates for this back room?
No prob man. Its all good.

I would say the top candidates would be: Mithx, sk92, and sethlon for now. + some others. Maybe Denzi and you too.

ahh..

We'll see as time progresses.

§witch

Smash Lord
I think that we should agree as to who should make the back room. My vote is for Ozz, he's knowledgeable, fairly active and has decent tournament placings.

Mith_

Smash Champion
I think that we should agree as to who should make the back room. My vote is for Ozz, he's knowledgeable, fairly active and has decent tournament placings.
+1
But to be honest it doesn't matter who makes it only who gets in IMO. Ozz should still make it though.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I have created the Falco Back Room. 18 members have been invited, which includes the Top Falco players and knowledgable falco players that post here reguarly. Thanks for suggesting me guys.

Just a question, what tournaments are you guys talking about when you say i have good placings? I havent been doing too hot at the last 2-3 tournies :/ but i guess i have average placings.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
sorry i meant what tournaments were you talking about when you said "ozz has good placings" just wondering. :)

Denzi

Smash Master
sorry i meant what tournaments were you talking about when you said "ozz has good placings" just wondering. :)
???

I don't pay too much attention to tournies and I've never been to a fairly decent one myself. (hoping to change that soon)

The vids in your thread all look good though.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I have created the Falco Back Room. 18 members have been invited, which includes the Top Falco players and knowledgable falco players that post here reguarly. Thanks for suggesting me guys.

Just a question, what tournaments are you guys talking about when you say i have good placings? I havent been doing too hot at the last 2-3 tournies :/ but i guess i have average placings.
Well I noticed you've done good and average at HOBO. 13th place at HOBO 8 is something be proud of, no? Probably better than my high placings in australia lol.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
He's just not in it.
He does main Falco though, right?

me and vlade were thinking about making a back room if the old one died out. But its a good think ozz informed us things are still up to date.:)
And yes i do main falco. He has been my main every since melee came out.

eh, i assumed he mained marth, but i dunno.
I chose marth to be in my name just because i fun him. He is my secondary. Idk, he might be my primary eventually.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Improving the Metagame (hopefully)

What are Falco advantages, and are there any thoughts on how on use them in differnet ways (other than the one found).
What are Falco's weakpoints that people tend to abuse?
And has thought of creative ways to build those weakpoints to standard abilties or made a weakpoint to an advantage? I hope this could bring a productive discussion on how to improve Falco's weakpoints thus improving his metagame.

P.S. Yes I know I'm a Fox Mainer but I wouldn't hurt to make my secondary better for the moment :)

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
What are Falco advantages, and are there any thoughts on how on use them in differnet ways (other than the one found).
What are Falco's weakpoints that people tend to abuse?
And has thought of creative ways to build those weakpoints to standard abilties or made a weakpoint to an advantage? I hope this could bring a productive discussion on how to improve Falco's weakpoints thus improving his metagame.

P.S. Yes I know I'm a Fox Mainer but I wouldn't hurt to make my secondary better for the moment :)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176342

A nice guide to Falco. Should have most things you need. Hope it helps.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I know that most of that stuff in there what I want is a creactive discussion that may help improve Falco's metagame. Somewhat to what SBR does.
Well lurk around and observe the match up discussions and participate in some.
Or you could ask ozz3000 if you can get into the Falco Back Room lol.
<-- It won't happen

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Most Back Rooms have 10-15 people. I decided to invite close to 20 people so i think we have enough people for now. but show me that your active and intelligent and you'll be in.

ps: or you can have decent tournament placings :)

Louisdebou

Smash Cadet
Hi guys, i've a question about the reverse boost CG, what's the best way to perform it ? I cancel my dash attack with the A button not the C-stick (but i use DAC, Gettling combo with the C-stick not A) and i've the feeling that's not the best way because sometimes my opponent escape it with a foolstool jump (at low % too). That's normal ? =/

I do : Dash -> A (Dash attack) -> Z + backward ;)

Thanks !

Denzi

Smash Master
Hi guys, i've a question about the reverse boost CG, what's the best way to perform it ? I cancel my dash attack with the A button not the C-stick (but i use DAC, Gettling combo with the C-stick not A) and i've the feeling that's not the best way because sometimes my opponent escape it with a foolstool jump (at low % too). That's normal ? =/

I do : Dash -> A (Dash attack) -> Z + backward ;)

Thanks !
If you want to use the A button, use R/L + backward instead of the Z button. Otherwise, use Dash -> C-Stick back -> Back + Z.

Top Bottom