• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
At lower levels of play Falco has a significant advantage, as the players get better the gap closes accordingly. At very high levels I'd say it is even, maybe 45/55 for Falco.

I think a lot of us aren't at a very high level of play and at the same time play equally high leveled Snakes.
Well Snake can camp just like Falco whilst crouching (or lying) to avoid Falco's B attack. I guess their's matchup is pretty much almost equal.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
You need to buffer a dash into the SH dair when spiking them off the side. You should be able to connect against almost any opponent when they're <40%.

As far as setting up spikes other than the chaingrab, Dsmash sends them at the lowest trajectory which will set them up for spikes. It's hard to connect with, though. Bair and Ftilt (at higher percents) could knock them far away enough for a spike.

When opponent are trying to recover horizontally, try to intercept them with lasers to eat their jumps and force them to recover from below the stage. That will make a spike much easier to land.

In the situation of when falco has been sent airborn from an attack, What are his methods of getting back down to the ground?

------

Thought on the snake match-up.

Cannot both equally out camp the others attempts? Snake ducks under Falco's lasers. Falco can reflect any missle attempts. The grenades can also be reflect and any cooked grenades can be shielded or dodged.

It seems to me, taking everything into account of snakes stage control and falcos chaingrab, the match up is pretty much even and whoever approaches is likely to be the one at the disadvantage.

You need to buffer a dash into the SH dair when spiking them off the side. You should be able to connect against almost any opponent when they're <40%.
Less than 40%. That might explain why my Chaingrab-spike attempts on wifi are not working. I have been doing the"bufferdash > SH> spike" at 45% and end up people jumping out of it.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Quite a few characters if they DI down and away will not get spiked at 45, so you have to get them earlier.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Quite a few characters if they DI down and away will not get spiked at 45, so you have to get them earlier.
Lol I've baited this before and ran off the edge and did a rising dair :chuckle:
I felt like the most badass pimp, but I tried it again and got stage spiked :(
Moral of the story? Never play the same trick twice!

Denzi

Smash Master
PHR3$SH: Reported.

is there a easy to dlx cancel please give tips on it
The easiest way to do it is to dash, press down on the C-stick, and then press up on the control stick and Z. All you can do to get better after learning that is to just practice the timing.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
phresh i dont want to ask u for help
lol

there gunna tell u the same thing im gunna tell u. NOOB .
Eh, why the need to call him a noob. He didn't do anything to make him a noob, so why call him one?

is there a easy to dlx cancel please give tips on it
Well, sadly no easy way outs, gotta practice doing a Dash Attack than immediately following it up with Up + Z (the way I do the Gatling Combo). So, pretty much only thing you need to say here is just practice it more, don't worry, after awhile it'll become a habit when you Dash attack.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Agreed.

Okay, I have a question.

I thought of a technique that, situational as it is, could be quite useful. If I can get Falco grabbed without his double jump on the ledge, can I do a grab release, ledge hug to grab the ledge and get a definite gimp?

Agreed.

Okay, I have a question.

I thought of a technique that, situational as it is, could be quite useful. If I can get Falco grabbed without his double jump on the ledge, can I do a grab release, ledge hug to grab the ledge and get a definite gimp?
If you manage to somehow grab falco at the very edge when he DOES NOT have his 2nd jump, phantasm or Firebird will not be able to get him back to the stage if you edgehog properly.

Denzi

Smash Master
If you manage to somehow grab falco at the very edge when he DOES NOT have his 2nd jump, phantasm or Firebird will not be able to get him back to the stage if you edgehog properly.
True (i think), but either way I t's very difficult to do.

Alright. THis may sound stupid, but I'm having trouble. With grounded lasers. I can only get like up to 5 in a row and then I stop. I've tried mindlessly mashing the B button (didn't work too well), and I tried what my friend suggested, which was mashing B for the first 2-3 lasers and then timing the button presses. No matter what I try, I just can't seem to do it.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace

Alright. THis may sound stupid, but I'm having trouble. With grounded lasers. I can only get like up to 5 in a row and then I stop. I've tried mindlessly mashing the B button (didn't work too well), and I tried what my friend suggested, which was mashing B for the first 2-3 lasers and then timing the button presses. No matter what I try, I just can't seem to do it.
wait seriously? lmao.
anyways, the way i do it is the way your friend says if i need a lot of grounded lasers in succession, but if i know im only gonna fire less than 4 in a row, i'll button mash too.

Denzi

Smash Master
wait seriously? lmao.
anyways, the way i do it is the way your friend says if i need a lot of grounded lasers in succession, but if i know im only gonna fire less than 4 in a row, i'll button mash too.
Yes, seriously <_<

Any tips on the timing? (I need 2 get better 'cause I've been missing soo many good LaserLocking opportunities :()

Now my question is usage of Falco's Nair. I am finding I am not using it at all compared to how good I have heard it is. What are generally good areas to use it?

The only situations I ever use it in is occasionally after a Dthrow, person is above me on a platform, use it's speed to interupt someone when Falco gets hit by an attack and they are close by. Apart from those uses I do not use it all.

Yes, seriously <_<

Any tips on the timing? (I need 2 get better 'cause I've been missing soo many good LaserLocking opportunities :()
I find that since it is inhumanly possible to simply look at falco to known when to hit the B button since you have to hit them in succesion so close to each other. So, as far as I know, there is no easy method for getting the timing down except through constant practice and muscle memory of how rhythmic you need to be in your button mashing.

Yeah, it's true. I tested it myself earlier in training mode and an air release at the very edge is far enough away that firebird does not get back even at an angle, and Falco is unable to do anything at all till he is basically level with the ledge, of which Falco is low enough that Phantasm cannot recover on the stage. That is, of course, with Falco's second jump being used up.

zamz

Smash Journeyman
Well, I loaded up trainin' mode.

My conclusion: You can mindlessly bash the B button and it'll still work. BUT you get tired easier and you might let up on the B button without noticing it. When I drill the B button, I notice my button pressings get sloppy towards the ending and I start to slow down. Even slightly slower presses stops your lasering ability. It's highly unforgiving.

How "fast" you mash the button doesn't seem to matter, as long as you hit b consistently and maintain a quick speed. Stay steady and consistent.

The problem you're probably running into is that over time, you get slightly tired and you start hitting the B button slower. This "hitting it slower" even if it's unnoticeably slower, stops your laser completely. Don't slow down, keep up the same rhythm and it should be fine. Next time you're in training mode, consciously keep a brisk pace.

My suggestion: Start off relatively slow and consciously get FASTER over time, as opposed to the opposite of starting fast and slowing down. When I did it this way, I felt like I could laser indefinitely.

And for the record, I couldn't shoot the laser based off what your friend said. Screw trying to watch your character's animation and timing the lasers...that's unnecessarily difficult. Just buffer the lasers by b-spamming, it's far easier. :)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
1. What's the timing, sequence etc of cancelling phantasm?

2. Is there a video critique thread? I have nothing to show off and what I have isn't worth a whole thread for it so...

Vlade

Social Outcast
1. The timing comes with practice, but you don't just mash the b button. It's still quite quick though.
2. I say you should make a new thread.

Denzi

Smash Master
Jab Canceling, does it exist with falco and how is it done exactly?

I'm pretty sure it does. I don't think that the single jab can be canceled, but it's so fast that it can still be followed up reletively easily. Jab x2 is (I think) the one that can be crouch canceled. To do this, simply jab twice, hit down on the control stick and then follow up with w/e (Utilt, Dtilt, moar jabz, etc.).

I'm pretty sure it does. I don't think that the single jab can be canceled, but it's so fast that it can still be followed up reletively easily. Jab x2 is (I think) the one that can be crouch canceled. To do this, simply jab twice, hit down on the control stick and then follow up with w/e (Utilt, Dtilt, moar jabz, etc.).
I have been doing a single jab for most of my follow up attacks. Sounds like the 2x jab is more effective for follow up attacks (and adds more damage :)). Is than any particular use than to the single jab if the 2x jab is more effective?

Denzi

Smash Master
I have been doing a single jab for most of my follow up attacks. Sounds like the 2x jab is more effective for follow up attacks (and adds more damage :)). Is than any particular use than to the single jab if the 2x jab is more effective?
Don't use Jab x2 -> Grab. You should always use single jab; it gives your opponent less time to react. Basically, single jab is just as good as jab x2 because while it doesn't do as much damage, it's a lot quicker.

Zorro.cL

Smash Rookie
Run -> down on the C-Stick -> Up on the Control stick + Z. It's known on the Falco Boards/Smashboards as the Gatling Combo.
Uhm... excuse me? ._.? z+TabUp = USmash (didnt knew that, lol). so...

Dash -> CDown -> z+TabUp ??
Tried it about 30 minutes with no results, maybe I shouldnt wait till Dash atack frames finish?

Denzi

Smash Master
Uhm... excuse me? ._.? z+TabUp = USmash (didnt knew that, lol). so...

Dash -> CDown -> z+TabUp ??
Tried it about 30 minutes with no results, maybe I shouldnt wait till Dash atack frames finish?
You have to actually hit someone with it. Other than that, it just takes practice.

You could try it with Snake first, it's easiest with him.

Zorro.cL

Smash Rookie
You have to actually hit someone with it. Other than that, it just takes practice.

You could try it with Snake first, it's easiest with him.
Aight, it was the first part, I was trying to do it on the air hehe
Ty =]

Vlade

Social Outcast
Would anyone agree that bair slightly helps recovery? Like sheik's fair in melee?

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, bair at the same time you double jump. I believe it either increases the time you're at the peak of your double jump, or it increases the height very slightly.

Correct me if I'm wrong :p

Mith_

Smash Champion
Would anyone agree that bair slightly helps recovery? Like sheik's fair in melee?

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, bair at the same time you double jump. I believe it either increases the time you're at the peak of your double jump, or it increases the height very slightly.

Correct me if I'm wrong :p
I probably does, since it comes out fast it prolly increases his upward velocity.

Same with Fox's Fair.

Top Bottom