• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Does anyone one here know anything on Wolf? Well, you might know that his Illusion can cancel on the ledge then apear on the stage at the ledges tip. Well, I did this with Falco's Phantasm! I don't have a way to record it but I have it as a replay. Will someone trade Wii codes with me so you can record it for YouTube?

I've looked and I haven't seen anything on this. So I hope it is new.

Denzi

Smash Master
Ah ok . Don't you only auto fast fall when you use the C-stick to dair though?
You might be right, but all too often you're too far below the stage/they're above you/you need to sweetspot it/they survived the first spike off the CG and you're going for a seccond/ etc.

So it's a good thing to get in the habit of doing.

saviorslegacy

Well, IDK what I'm talking about. All I know is I used Phantasm at the ledge and when I should have grabbed it I didn't. Instead I appeared on the tip of the ledge standing with no lag.

Denzi

Smash Master
how do u motor slide with falco
Gatling Combo: Start a dash attack with down C, as soon as it hits your opponent press either Up C, Up + A, or Up + Z (the easiest way).

Boost Usmash: Start a dash attack with down C, then immediately press Up + Z.

It'll still take practice to get the timing exactly right though.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
When you talk about shortened Phantasms, which button do you press to shorten it?
You have to hit B at 3 precise moments, I usually start when the he turns blue, it takes a lot of practice. Start at 1/4 in training mode to figure out the moments you need to press B, than start moving up from there. Once you get it down, it'll be like an instinct.

Denzi

Smash Master
You have to hit B at one of 3 precise moments, I usually start when the he turns blue, it takes a lot of practice. Start at 1/4 in training mode to figure out the moments you need to press B, than start moving up from there. Once you get it down, it'll be like an instinct.
Fix'd for clarity. Didn't want to see someone trying to press B three times in that small window; they'd never get anywhere that way.

Denzi

Smash Master
I heard that shortened Phantasm gets quite some range when used in midair. Is this true?
Yes, as long as you shorten it to be the longest possible (not right away). It gives you better horizontal movement after phantasming, and seeing as the phantasm itself is about the same distance as a regular one, you can get pretty far.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Ok thanks Denzi. :laugh:
also, is Gatling combo just the dash attack AND the usmash in one movement?

davizinho

Smash Apprentice
Well the dash attack hits first, then (if done correctly) the usmash follows instantly. It's a two hit combo. So it's basically one movement.

saviorslegacy

Yeah, the easiest way to do it is c-stick down c-stick up while running. Try and hit them with the dash attack in its begining frames.

*edit* Try and learn Snake Dashing first. It will make it easier.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Fix'd for clarity. Didn't want to see someone trying to press B three times in that small window; they'd never get anywhere that way.
Whoops, lol. Wrong word xD, thanks Denzi for fixing that for me.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
How does Falco fair against C. Falcon? I'm pretty sure that he has a big advantage over him. Is there anything to watch out for? I looked around, but I couldn't find anything talking about a match up between Falco and C. Falcon.

K 2

Smash Lord
What's the best throw to do once your opponent is past CG %? I usually just fthrow and dthrow and shoot a few lasers, since I get punished everytime I try to follow up with an move.

davizinho

Smash Apprentice
What's the best throw to do once your opponent is past CG %? I usually just fthrow and dthrow and shoot a few lasers, since I get punished everytime I try to follow up with an move.
Well, depending on percentage and character, you could dthrow and follow up with a nair, or dair>grab. After that, most likely forward throw. Bthrow and uthrow probably wouldn't do too much damage since the lasers wouldn't hit.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Well if you aren't close enough to the ledge to follow up with a spike once they get out of CG percentage, you can follow up with a Gatling Combo, or a FF Dair. Or maybe even, a Nair? That might me able to set them up for a Laser Lock. Check it out.

When you grab them after CG percentage make sure you always pummel. The easiest/best thing to follow up with would be lasers. =/

Mith_

Smash Champion
How does Falco fair against C. Falcon? I'm pretty sure that he has a big advantage over him. Is there anything to watch out for? I looked around, but I couldn't find anything talking about a match up between Falco and C. Falcon.
What is there to talk about? It's Falcon lol.
He can gimp you pretty well, but that's about it. There is nothing he can do about your amazing lasers.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Dthrow is almost always the best throw to do, even at higher percentages. It sets them up for you to continue the attack, even if they're too far out for it to be a "combo."

I only use back and forward throw at high percents when near the edge, so I can force them into an edgeguard situation where I can keep them off with Bair, or get a gimp.

I never use Uthrow, though I can see it occasionally working as a combo starter.

Falcon can be chaingrabbed like a ***** and just eats your lasers. Easy fight. You outrange, outmaneuver, and outpower him.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I had a feeling that he couldn't do much. SHL and SHDL will destroy him. So will CG to death at 0%.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I think any of the buttons will work. I always circle the control stick quickly and mash a and b.

Mithx is right, Falcon can get back from the spike.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Just circle the control stick around IMO. Because if you keep mashing any other buttons then you may accidentally perform a fair or something and get re-grabbed. But otherwise do what works for you.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I just randomly mash buttons to get out, but most of the time they get the throw before I get out (ICs).
Falcons recovery is decent, way better than Melee's I believe, and Ganons is too good.

saviorslegacy

d-throw into laser if they are dum.

d-throw into an approach, step dodge and d-throw again (they catch on easily so don't do it often)

d-throw into Phantasm

d-throw into Fire Bird (don't use it often)

d-throw into small approach + shine

Hope this helps. :)

BsdKid4ever

Smash Cadet
zomg how do i do SHDL????? :chuckle:

To posters: Look at this video before you ask a question please.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnR-qxoGngU

If you can't find the answer there, then it must be a really hard question lol. Falco isn't that hard to play imo.
First, you do a short hop and at the PEAK of your jump, do two lasers in a row really fast.
ZomG how does I doo that combo where u doo a dash atack then a upsmash reelly fast???!1/!?//1?!??!
This is how I do it on a gc controller:
1. Dash
2. Press c-stick down
3. Immediately after step 2, press up on analog+Z at the same time

You can hold down Z longer to charge the usmash.

Top Bottom