• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Carbonated

Smash Cadet
It's just a matter of practice so that you can start the pivot at the earliest possible frame. If you go too early, you won't boost, and too late means they can escape, like you said. If you do it perfectly, they can't get out unless they would have been able to escape the normal one anyway.
Got it. I was do the controls wrong. Wasn't sliding >_>

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Is Up + Z really worth having for Falco. Ever since I turned off Tab Jump i can't Up + Z anymore, but when I change it back on I can. So would you suggest Up + Z for the Boost Smash, or would you think I could play with out it?

Mith_

Smash Champion
Is Up + Z really worth having for Falco. Ever since I turned off Tab Jump i can't Up + Z anymore, but when I change it back on I can. So would you suggest Up + Z for the Boost Smash, or would you think I could play with out it?
Weird, maybe tap jump on cancels out your dash attack lol? I've never tried it with Tap Jump on, so I wouldn't know. But with it off you know just down on Cstick then before he can really stick his foot out hit up+ grab (or attack, I hear attack makes him slide further).

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Weird, maybe tap jump on cancels out your dash attack lol? I've never tried it with Tap Jump on, so I wouldn't know. But with it off you know just down on Cstick then before he can really stick his foot out hit up+ grab (or attack, I hear attack makes him slide further).
Yeah, but I use the same finger for A and C-Stick, and Up + Z doesn't work for me. Well, thanks for the help. I guess I'll have to learn to not play with it.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
LANDMASTAHHHH
Wait, This isnt Fox...

HANDS OFF MY BREAD.

In all seriousness, I have alot of trouble with the CG to spike. My guesss is Im not spacing it right, but any other info will help.

Carbonated

Smash Cadet
LANDMASTAHHHH
Wait, This isnt Fox...

HANDS OFF MY BREAD.

In all seriousness, I have alot of trouble with the CG to spike. My guesss is Im not spacing it right, but any other info will help.
All it is, is just a dash -> SH -> spike. Easiest on large characters with a diagnoal ish knock back like bowser. Some of them have less knock back and fairly small making it harder like pikachu. And there are those annoying ones that have a more horizontal knock back which I still have trouble spiking like Diddy.

Just takes practice. Go into training mode with bowser as your dummy.

Mith_

Smash Champion
LANDMASTAHHHH
Wait, This isnt Fox...

HANDS OFF MY BREAD.

homie posted a video guide today showing how to pull off the cg to spike. it shows the distance you should be from the level when attempting to spike. i actually learned from it myself, its a very informative video.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Darxmarth probably isn't even watching this thread. I never see him around the Falco boards either. I doubt if he even mains Falco lol.

But gratz, this just hit 10 pages :) Most def cleaned up the boards.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
I got a very nooby question...
What does the Frama Data help you in? and what does the Frame Data mean anyway.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Fsmash, Usmash, Dair spike, Landmaster.

@Hino: I'm not sure why your boost smash isn't working. Tell me exactly what happens when you attempt a boost smash please.
All right, when I run and I'm about to use Boost Smash, I either shield with it facing higher, or I'll have it do a grab. When I turn Tab Jump off and do a Boost Smash, I use the same exact thing and I get a Boost Smash. So, I really don't know why it doesn't work with Tab Jump off. So back to my original question, do you think I should keep Tab Jump off, and have my playstyle be around Boost Smash?

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I got a very nooby question...
What does the Frama Data help you in? and what does the Frame Data mean anyway.
It just tells you how fast a move comes out, how long it lasts, and thats about it. It can help you to determine what moves to use so you dont suffer from lag.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Why do people from the Marth boards always make these threads? lol

What is best used after Reflecting? I normally either use SHLs or FTilt

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Why do people from the Marth boards always make these threads? lol

What is best used after Reflecting? I normally either use SHLs or FTilt
Yeah, those work, but I sometimes use Dash Attack. I don't know why all the people on the Marth Boards make the topics, just trying to help out I guess.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Yeah, those work, but I sometimes use Dash Attack. I don't know why all the people on the Marth Boards make the topics, just trying to help out I guess.
Maybe the Marth boards is just obsessed with knowing what Attacks to use to properly space with Marth and what frames does each attack of Marth has.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Laser lock anyone?:laugh:

I also Dash Attack after I use the Shine, or I might DAC to an USmash if their %s are high enough for the kill. :)

Mith_

Smash Champion
All right, when I run and I'm about to use Boost Smash, I either shield with it facing higher, or I'll have it do a grab. When I turn Tab Jump off and do a Boost Smash, I use the same exact thing and I get a Boost Smash. So, I really don't know why it doesn't work with Tab Jump off. So back to my original question, do you think I should keep Tab Jump off, and have my playstyle be around Boost Smash?
Ok, I play with Tap Jump off, so when I attempt a boost smash if I grab that means I hit Z too early. You have to C-stick down then Up+Z.

As for keeping Tap jump on or off, that is up to your personal playstyle. If you like having it on then do it. I have it off because I like up tilt too much lol.

@sMexy- Frame Data like b0mb said just shows you how many frames it takes for a move to start up, how long the hitbox lasts, and to end. It can be very useful when you need precise timing. In fact I need Falco's frame data myself lol.

@Rukkiko- Do you mean reflecting a projectile or hitting with the reflector? After reflecting a projectile SHL will prolly be your best bet. If you hit them with the reflector and they trip up, tech-chase them. If the roll back then dash attack. If they roll forward hit them with a Fmsash. If they use a get up attack you can prolly SHL or walk up and reflect them again lol.

edit: B0mbe1c you can't laser lock them after a reflector trip unfortunately.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Ok, I play with Tap Jump off, so when I attempt a boost smash if I grab that means I hit Z too early. You have to C-stick down then Up+Z.

As for keeping Tap jump on or off, that is up to your personal playstyle. If you like having it on then do it. I have it off because I like up tilt too much lol.
I'll try that, but if that doesn't work, idk what's wrong. I have Tab Jump off for the same reason as you, I love U-Tilt, especially using it with DK and Ike. Thanks for all the help Mithx, it was greatly appreciated.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
You have to do C-down and Up-Z pretty fast with Falco. If you do it slower, youll probably get either a short DAC or the dash-sttack to upsmash DAC. So, thats it. =P

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Well heres another question, I've been looking all around smash boards a thread that talks about Jump Canceled UpSmash(Running and then doing a reverse Usmash) I've seen SK92 use this technique quite a lot now so I was wondering how you do this technique?

Mith_

Smash Champion
my DACUS (boost smash) is always short lol. i guess im not doing it right myself :p

edit: sMexy: im pretty sure you just dash, then turn around and upsmash. ive ever seen or heard of that before though. would you mind linking me a video?

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Yup, just dash, press opposite direction then USmash. It works best with people like Ike because the USmash has a farther reach when the sword is behind you and descending.
For Falco, the end of his usmash sends people horizontally/downwards I believe. I'd stick with a regular usmash, or crouch then Dsmash since its better for making opponents go sideways and down. ^^'

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Maybe the Marth boards is just obsessed with knowing what Attacks to use to properly space with Marth and what frames does each attack of Marth has.
I can vouch for that, im from there =P
Thanks for the answer, ill mix up Dash Attack with others. I wish Marth's dash was useful.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
I can vouch for that, im from there =P
Thanks for the answer, ill mix up Dash Attack with others. I wish Marth's dash was useful.
Just don't use it lol or you'll get Shieldgrabbed like 10 times in the game

Top Bottom