• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Denzi

Smash Master
You cant? :(
Does it have to with it taking a long time to react after shining?
No, it has to do with the "tripping" animation being different from the "missing a tech" animation (the one you LLock off of).

Can the RAR be FF? I have been trying, but have not been noticing anything regarding a FF has been intiated.
It can. You might just not be pressing anything fast enough.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
i would actually make it a one hit move instead of a multi-hit. i would want it to be a solid, strong, and fairly quick move with same priority as his dair that KOs at around 120%

RIO

Smash Rookie
hey, can anyone please explain to me how to do that pivot boost grab? if you dont know what im talking about its on sk92s videos and protect your bread video

Mith_

Smash Champion
yea didn't i say that in a previous post? if i didn't then i guess thats how you do it. thats the first time ive seen it so i was answering your question using what i already know. i wish SK92 would help answer some questions in here lol.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Lol, he just showed up to post his vids and then left. I wonder why Sethlon never posts here either? We have to make due with us second tier Falco's....

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Its like a half a second in between cstick and upZ
Million thanks Mith seriously. I can finally Mortar Slide and Boost Smash again. ^_^ Thanks a lot man, it really helped and it was greatly appreciated. Just got around to testing it, finally I can do my Mortar Slides again, and Boost Smash has become a heck of a lot easier. I guess I needed the C-Stick instead of the other way I was trying, anyways thanks a bunch.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Million thanks Mith seriously. I can finally Mortar Slide and Boost Smash again. ^_^ Thanks a lot man, it really helped and it was greatly appreciated. Just got around to testing it, finally I can do my Mortar Slides again, and Boost Smash has become a heck of a lot easier. I guess I needed the C-Stick instead of the other way I was trying, anyways thanks a bunch.
yay i helped somebody ^.^

Denzi

Smash Master
hey, can anyone please explain to me how to do that pivot boost grab? if you dont know what im talking about its on sk92s videos and protect your bread video
The way I do it is Dthrow > dash > back on the control stick > shield + A, but the other way (which some claim to be better) is Dthrow > dash > back on the control stick > C-stick back + Z.
Just in case you're lazy.

m4n1

Smash Rookie
I play against one of my friends a lot, and he plays a pretty decent metaknight. One of the biggest problems recently is that he has started to use his B move (the spin) a LOT, and it's putting me in some deep **** - what exactly is the best way to go about avoiding this?

Mith_

Smash Champion
I play against one of my friends a lot, and he plays a pretty decent metaknight. One of the biggest problems recently is that he has started to use his B move (the spin) a LOT, and it's putting me in some deep **** - what exactly is the best way to go about avoiding this?
Short Answer: Lasers

Long Answer: Try to not get above MK in any way, because that's when he can get you good with Whorenado. I'm not sure if Dair can go thru Whorenado either. So yea, lasers solve everything :D. And DON'T phanstasm (over+B) into his tornado, it doesn't work =/.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Is Fair Falco's worst move? I hate that move with a passion.
like Mithx said, a lot of ppl could go a whole game with out using it. I'd say it's one of Falco's worst moves. When ever I use it, I have the lag and get punished. So, in my opinion it's one of those moves I try not to use.

m4n1

Smash Rookie
Short Answer: Lasers

Long Answer: Try to not get above MK in any way, because that's when he can get you good with Whorenado. I'm not sure if Dair can go thru Whorenado either. So yea, lasers solve everything :D. And DON'T phanstasm (over+B) into his tornado, it doesn't work =/.

Hmm, so it really is just a matter of lasers huh? The biggest problems I have with it are when we're relatively close on the stage (I'm closer towards an edge) and I try to dodge roll behind him (more toward the center of the stage), but he does a tornado to screw me over...for that, should I still use lasers? Or is there another attack i should be trying to use?

Mith_

Smash Champion
Hmm, so it really is just a matter of lasers huh? The biggest problems I have with it are when we're relatively close on the stage (I'm closer towards an edge) and I try to dodge roll behind him (more toward the center of the stage), but he does a tornado to screw me over...for that, should I still use lasers? Or is there another attack i should be trying to use?
Instead of rolling behind him, Phantasm behind him.

Mk is a hard matchup, he is so fast and can't be spiked after a chaingrab. y advice is just to spam short hop lasers and attack when you get the chance, which isn't often since his moves aren't very laggy.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Just thought I'd let the person that started this thread that that they need to edit the title.

Against MK lasers are a staple in the match-up. They stop the tornado and create your openings.
To be honest, I don't think MK is that bad of a match-up, although I think many people will disagree.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
Just thought I'd let the person that started this thread that that they need to edit the title.

Against MK lasers are a staple in the match-up. They stop the tornado and create your openings.
To be honest, I don't think MK is that bad of a match-up, although I think many people will disagree.
yea. falco is one of the few that doesn't get owned by MK. i think the matchup is 55-45 in MK's favor, which isn't that bad.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
It's still a very hard matchup for Falco, just not as hard as many characters have it. It can still be close to even when you learn the matchup in and out, but it's really hard to get that good at fighting MK's.

Is it generally better to dash between each SHDL or to walk between each SHDL?

Also what other characters are the closest to Falco's typical playing style? I am trying to decide a secondary, but cannot find anyone that works for me yet.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
Is it generally better to dash between each SHDL or to walk between each SHDL?

Also what other characters are the closest to Falco's typical playing style? I am trying to decide a secondary, but cannot find anyone that works for me yet.
walking gives you more options most of the time. but mixing things up is always a good idea after a while.
anyways, fox is pretty similar to falco, but marth complements falco pretty well as he takes care of GnW and has even matchups with the rest of the top tier. besides, i like his playstyles. in the end, you should chose a character that you like.

walking gives you more options most of the time. but mixing things up is always a good idea after a while.
anyways, fox is pretty similar to falco, but marth complements falco pretty well as he takes care of GnW and has even matchups with the rest of the top tier. besides, i like his playstyles. in the end, you should chose a character that you like.
That is the problem with finding a secondary. I found that I like meta knight pretty well, but I find that playing him or Falco for too long than going straight to the next really messes me up. I play with Falco defensively and going to the offensive I sort of miss chances to attack. Same the other way around with MK to Falco. I start expecting the quick lagless attacks of MK and get punished when using Falco.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Yeah, just choose someone that compliments Falcos bad match-ups, or whoever appeals to you. But, you just be Falco only too.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Toon Link/Snake. Good secondaries for Falco.

Toon Link and Snake are great counterpicks vs G&W. Snake is good versus MK and TL can be good too if you know how to play him well. I'm pretty sure Snake can take out Kirby, but I'm really not sure about that matchup. Now if I could only learn to play as Snake....

Angel I need ur help roflz.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
ok unrelated srubbish question but i dunno where else to ask so....

does anyone know how to edit thread titles?

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Toon Link/Snake. Good secondaries for Falco.

Toon Link and Snake are great counterpicks vs G&W. Snake is good versus MK and TL can be good too if you know how to play him well. I'm pretty sure Snake can take out Kirby, but I'm really not sure about that matchup. Now if I could only learn to play as Snake....

Angel I need ur help roflz.
Get his explosives down first. You should be able to cook a grenade to explode anywhere you want it to, know how long it's going to be before a C4 will blow up on its own, etc. Watch some pro vids and see where they place the explosives for maximum stage control.

For his actual moves, you need to learn the spacing on the Ftilt, because it's your best tool. Full hopping a nair works great too. Utilt is your kill move, and it has ten times the range you'd think.

Make sure you can do his cool tricks, too. C4 recovery, snake-dashing, Dthrow techchasing, etc.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I've never gotten a shield to break as Falco. Opponents are too scared of being grabbed, even at higher percentages. Falco just combos too well out of Dthrow, so they would rather roll/dodge than shield.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Can you pressure a shield to break with certain techniques with Falco?
Yeah, it's hard to pressure shields with Falco like 8AngeL8 said, since everyone doesn't wanna get CG'd. In order to break a shield, grab 'em. :laugh: Nah, it's just really unlikely you'll get a chance to hit a shield if your that close since no one wants to get CG'd.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Falco doesn't have very many shield poking moves either, except for DTilt, but in that position I'm sure anybody would rather grab than DTilt.

Top Bottom