• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I have a simple question. Would any of you agree on this?:

:falco: Falco
Best: Jungle Japes, Final Destination
Worst: Norfair
It's for this thread, discussing each character's 3 best and worst stages.

If no, suggestions?

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
the 2 best i would agree with...and norfair is definitely one of falco's worst. so i would agree.
i suggest adding RC and Luigi's mansion to his worst.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Those stages are right on, without a doubt. Add luigi's mansion to his worst list.

Crystal, that strat will work over a very short period of time. The second your opponent knows what you're doing, they'll space themselves far enough that if you continue lasering, they'll punish, and if you phantasm, they'll turn and punish in your lag.

You could do it MAYBE 2 or three times before a decent opponent stopped it in its tracks.

Jaigoda

Smash Apprentice
Quick question for the OP:

What's a qusestion?

EDIT: I should probably post something useful..

@Crystal, anything that is has a lingering hitbox or multiple hits will make phantasmers cry. Whorenado comes to mind.......

davizinho

Smash Apprentice
I asked this in the Falco General Discussion Thread, but I'll post it here as well.

What do you guys think about a RAR'd sh-dair to usmash? Is the "bounce" (lack of a better term) "big"(once again :/) enough for the usmash to hit?

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
yea next time post in here. this is the Q and A thread after all and hardly anyone reads general discussion anymore. (at least i dont lol)
anyways...ive never actually even atempted this so im not too sure but i *think* the "bounce" is too much.

davizinho

Smash Apprentice
Well, the bounce would probably be too big at a higher percentage, but at a lower one maybe. I'll do some testing. This is highly situational, but if you dair'd someone from the air to meteor into the stage it might work. I'll test this and check back.

ftl, RAR the dair would put you behind your opponent to set up the usmash. You could probably just dair, but maybe some mindgames.

K 2

Smash Lord
How do you do that thing where you phantasm into the edge repeatedly? I've seen some pro's use it and I want to implement it into my game for mindgame potential (and to look flashy)

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
How do you do that thing where you phantasm into the edge repeatedly? I've seen some pro's use it and I want to implement it into my game for mindgame potential (and to look flashy)
Down on the control stick to drop from the ledge, then tap Y and IMMEDIATELY side-b.

davizinho

Smash Apprentice
Ok, well I did some testing. This was all in training mode on FD. RARring the dair is unnecessary. A fast-falled dair right after you jump will give the opportunity for a usmash on a MK for about until 60%. It works on a snake until about 70%. However, an airdodge will make the usmash miss after the dair.

Denzi

Smash Master
Ok, well I did some testing. This was all in training mode on FD. RARring the dair is unnecessary. A fast-falled dair right after you jump will give the opportunity for a usmash on a MK for about until 60%. It works on a snake until about 70%. However, an airdodge will make the usmash miss after the dair.
I think that the RAR'ing was just so you could go behind you're opponent and still hit with Usmash. Just for some mindgames.

K 2

Smash Lord
What are the advantages of an instant aerial phantasm (where you jump then immediantly use side b) over a grounded phantasm?

Is jab into grab guaranteed? i.e. Is it a "true" combo?

Mith_

Smash Champion
What are the advantages of an instant aerial phantasm (where you jump then immediantly use side b) over a grounded phantasm?

Is jab into grab guaranteed? i.e. Is it a "true" combo?
IAP cancels the lag at the end of the phantasm. Hit X+ >B at the same time and compare it to a regular one. Try it with Captain Falcon too, does the exact same thing.

Jab to Grab usually works. Don't be afraid to try it.

Is using a B-reversed laser to buffer a dash useful? (or just buffering a dash after a silent laser in general) or should I forget buffering the dash?
buffering the dash sometimes can cause you to phantasm (of for me at least, cuz i suk). I would just forget about buffering the dash.

davizinho

Smash Apprentice
I think that the RAR'ing was just so you could go behind you're opponent and still hit with Usmash. Just for some mindgames.
I felt it was, but the word "mindgames" is thrown around a lot. You could also just DI to stay infront of your opponent, but that could lead to a shieldgrab. So RAR can work, just like the strategy itself, but it's very situational. Just like everything else.

Denzi

Smash Master
I felt it was, but the word "mindgames" is thrown around a lot. You could also just DI to stay infront of your opponent, but that could lead to a shieldgrab. So RAR can work, just like the strategy itself, but it's very situational. Just like everything else.
And that's just an essential thing to know about this game, everything is situational.

Edit: 700th post! Yay:colorful:

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Activate your dash, and as soon as you take the first step (like you were foxtrotting), push the control stick to the opposite side and press R (or L) + A. If you time it right, you'll slide a good distance as you turn and grab, allowing you to turn the chain grab around.

What UpB moves outprioritize Falco's Dair in the Spike Frames?

Mostly I am concerned about Meta Knight's and Marth's UpB.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Quite a few Up-B's outprioritize it, actually. Recovery moves in brawl tend to have really high priority to reduce the amount of gimping from Melee.

Most characters just can't get an UpB out before Falco's spike, so it ends up not mattering. I can't remember the list of everyone, but it's basically anyone with an Up-B with very little startup lag.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
wat moves can i use to counter kirby's fair and bair and how can u counter a toon link that does bair good and nair while Ding away from you.

Denzi

Smash Master
I have a qusestion: Can ness escape the CG using the same method he would use to get out of Marth's?

Mith_

Smash Champion
wat moves can i use to counter kirby's fair and bair and how can u counter a toon link that does bair good and nair while Ding away from you.
Kira, stay the f out of the air when fighting Kirby. His aerials will most definitely out prioritize yours. Try to camp as hard as possible with lasers and force him to approach on the ground if possible. And don't get sucked up, or your screwed :wink:

Denzi: what would that method be? The extra inch DI thing?

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Ness can float out of the CG at very low percents either way, I haven't actually tried the C stick trick with Ness like you do with Marth...

Kasper!

Smash Lord
Kira, stay the f out of the air when fighting Kirby. His aerials will most definitely out prioritize yours. Try to camp as hard as possible with lasers and force him to approach on the ground if possible. And don't get sucked up, or your screwed :wink:

Denzi: what would that method be? The extra inch DI thing?
thanks, also should i stay out of the air with falco against toon link and luigi too?:psycho:

Denzi

Smash Master
thanks, also should i stay out of the air with falco against toon link and luigi too?:psycho:
Not sure. All I know is that when they're recovering, it's not that hard to hit (spike) TLink out of his up B or Lluigi out of his Green Missile.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I would stay out of the air with Luigi, he has excellent aerials, but he isn't so happy against Falco when grounded.

Denzi

Smash Master
I would stay out of the air with Luigi, he has excellent aerials, but he isn't so happy against Falco when grounded.
It's not a qusestion of how good his arials are (he can hit you with those when you're grounded), it's a question of whether or not his arials out-prioritize your own.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Luigi is the prince of the air. Toon Link isn't necessarily the best in the air, but he is prolly better than you are (he has a sword).

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Luigi's nairs and bairs outpriotize Falco's aerials. I learned that the hard way.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Tried both. Not getting enough distance in my dash, and they regain control if I dash any further >_<

It's just a matter of practice so that you can start the pivot at the earliest possible frame. If you go too early, you won't boost, and too late means they can escape, like you said. If you do it perfectly, they can't get out unless they would have been able to escape the normal one anyway.

Top Bottom