• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Giving the fact that it was a yellow pikmin back throw, you could probably buffer pretty much anything, since it'll have very insignificant knock back. That probably won't be the case for most other throws. However I can think of no other move, since you only landed the nair due to it's hit box. Buffering a fair could probably hit, but lead to getting punished. Bair won't hit. Uair won't hit and set's you up for a juggle. Dair would hit, but we would have to verify if we can follow up from there.
Yeah, I rememeber something about yellow pikmin gives 0 hitstun or something like that. Much like Ganon's UpB recovery. I still have never managed to spike anyone out of it though.

Anyway, trade damage anytime you can. Even if Nair is the only attack, that is 3% more you had on him from before lol

I guess I have to go switch my gct file again to test this out.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Can i please get a list of the best matches to watch for Falco vs D3.

and best for Falco vs diddy

and if possible falco vs toon link.

P.S D3 is the most important as there are NONE of falco winning in the video thread >.>. i mean really? lol.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Can i please get a list of the best matches to watch for Falco vs D3.

and best for Falco vs diddy

and if possible falco vs toon link.

P.S D3 is the most important as there are NONE of falco winning in the video thread >.>. i mean really? lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTJjSDvY_DQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fooN3vtoTEk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k58W87895As
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMbz6hKDiOc&feature=related

For Diddy I would look for Nerd vs Felix or Atomsk vs ADHD videos, those two are probably the best Falco players against Diddy.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
what are the good WC coast youtube accounts? I dont watch enough vids of you guys over there.

i have tearbears but his vid quality is terrible...

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Someone hook me up with this skin please?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php just go to textures and and falco and there you go.

and thx DEHF.

Edit: watched first 2...is that the best option? to di up and air dodge instead of teching...the dthrow i mean.

Also another question by me: Which is better for grab/combo set ups double jab cancel or single...it seems like double works more often but it might be just me.

Edit: watched first 2...is that the best option? to di up and air dodge instead of teching...the dthrow i mean.

Also another question by me: Which is better for grab/combo set ups double jab cancel or single...it seems like double works more often but it might be just me.
Tell me if this makes sense. Use whichever your opponent does not get out of. If they are always dodging a lot, double jab. Are they rolling away after waiting for the double jab? Go for a single jab. Those sort of habits.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Tell me if this makes sense. Use whichever your opponent does not get out of. If they are always dodging a lot, double jab. Are they rolling away after waiting for the double jab? Go for a single jab. Those sort of habits.
Ya. I was thinking more how SDI-able is each one? and can they sdi down and ps one easier than the other?

Also, i have a question for DEHF specifically. Can you please tell me your reasoning for short hop air-dodge into ground alot? is it cuz thats safer to use to position urself than a roll? you can buffer **** out of it better? I just see you do it alot in every mu.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Ya. I was thinking more how SDI-able is each one? and can they sdi down and ps one easier than the other?

Also, i have a question for DEHF specifically. Can you please tell me your reasoning for short hop air-dodge into ground alot? is it cuz thats safer to use to position urself than a roll? you can buffer **** out of it better? I just see you do it alot in every mu.
A lot of times when other people see someone jump, especially Falco, they expect an aerial. So they "lockdown" to using an option which would safely beat an aerial(usually a shield grab or upb oos.) When Falco doesn't aerial and they recognize the lockdown their opponent is doing, they get a free option that beats what they locked-down to, usually a landing grab.

The airdodge I'm guess is just to cover more options that the opponent wanted to do, like a shameless attack out of shield at the last second. I guess it also kinda helps with a buffer.

I know I'm not DEHF but I do like to help.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
A lot of times when other people see someone jump, especially Falco, they expect an aerial. So they "lockdown" to using an option which would safely beat an aerial(usually a shield grab or upb oos.) When Falco doesn't aerial and they recognize the lockdown their opponent is doing, they get a free option that beats what they locked-down to, usually a landing grab.

The airdodge I'm guess is just to cover more options that the opponent wanted to do, like a shameless attack out of shield at the last second. I guess it also kinda helps with a buffer.

I know I'm not DEHF but I do like to help.
no its cool. I main Pit so ik how useful it can be. *frame 2 utilt that shield pokes and does 16%* but i was just wondering if there was any other reasons. Ill just go back and observe the videos myself. Hopefully ill be knowledgeable enough i can get some vids up soon. Don't want to post stupid **** or i would of already lol.

Wait, I'm just wondering what you mean by "sh airdodge into the ground". You mean like at the apex of the jump, you airdodge? I thought it was good because people only have like a 2 frame window to punish you once you land.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Pretty much what Tommy G said, it's a really good mix up for baiting moves and a pretty safe option.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Wow shouldn't half of the answers to these questions be in the matchup threads?

I do not mind reliving old information if it means something to do lol Also, since you bring up match-ups, I do not understand how you are supposed to fight against MK.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I do not mind reliving old information if it means something to do lol Also, since you bring up match-ups, I do not understand how you are supposed to fight against MK.
Punishing at every opportunity. I cant stress that enough. I may be new to falco (somewhat) but my 2 day old falco was beating good mk mains simply cuz the playstyle i hve to use with pit carried over. Force approach and deal out small hits at a time till you get them high enough to kill and then wait for a kill opportunity.

For what moves to use and such and how to approach it...go watch some DEHF <3

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Punishing at every opportunity. I cant stress that enough. I may be new to falco (somewhat) but my 2 day old falco was beating good mk mains simply cuz the playstyle i hve to use with pit carried over. Force approach and deal out small hits at a time till you get them high enough to kill and then wait for a kill opportunity.

For what moves to use and such and how to approach it...go watch some DEHF <3
LOL **** matchup threads, we got this guy.

Let me just add, don't force anything and don't get rid of bad habits.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Just picked up Falco yesterday, I feel like I've built up a fairly solid camping game, but I'm having a hard time killing, especially when I'm down. Any tips/setups? For that matter, part of the problem is that I stale my upsmash because I use it to punish. Any other options that could help keep it fresh? Thanks.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if you know the up smash isnt fresh, dont try to kill with it at the fresh %s

wait until you have 10-20 more percent on them and shoot more lasers then go for the up smash.

I prefer grabs as punishers. A fresh dthrow does about 9% of damage. With pummel damage it is about as much as usmash would do. It leads into follow-ups depending upon percents as well.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
the whole land and grab thing against mk, just not seeing it ;p. upb or punish everytime.
Youre not seeing it because you're not letting yourself see it or they're locking down to an up b whenever they see someone above them about to land. Jump over them and double jump dair away. They'll be a bit hesitant to use that upb next time when it gets stuffed by that dair.

pulse131

Smash Ace
l0ol hesitant maybe but im referring more to the not so, shall we call it, seasoned mk users.
they just grounded b whenever there close because they are invincible and its hard to punish especially when your in the process of landing.
its not like mk dosnt have options out of it either. ive it get punished in vids and crap quite often but i just have a terribad time trying to get something a hit out of it. :s

Vlade

Social Outcast
the whole land and grab thing against mk, just not seeing it ;p. upb or punish everytime.
CONDITIONING. Just do what Tommy said (or airdodge the upb and punish after) and they'll think twice about upbing you out of shield. Even good players can be conditioned like this, it's just much more difficult to wrack their nerves and instincts.

pulse131

Smash Ace
generally an airdodge equals them nairing. generally if im gonna fall imma try NOT to fall next to mk.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Land and shield. Up smash them oos when they upb. If you're worried about them grabbing, land behind them.

Edit:
There is always an option to beat another option. You can't play paranoid about all of the things MK (or any character)can do in a specific situation. You'd limit yourself way too much in that case.

pulse131

Smash Ace
i really dont have anything else to say at this point.
mk just has multiple ways to cover most/all options. if you cant avoid landing away from him try to predict what he's gonna do and exploit it best you can, thats all.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
CONDITIONING. Just do what Tommy said (or airdodge the upb and punish after) and they'll think twice about upbing you out of shield. Even good players can be conditioned like this, it's just much more difficult to wrack their nerves and instincts.
Try to airdodge to the ground ? I believe Nado will be over there.
Yeah it'll be over there.

More seriously, if you try to land next to a MK that knows his stuff and doesn't have terribad reflexes you can expect him to **** your 4 frames landing.
Nado, Dsmash, pivot grab... Up B isn't even his best option here.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Try to airdodge to the ground ? I believe Nado will be over there.
Yeah it'll be over there.

More seriously, if you try to land next to a MK that knows his stuff and doesn't have terribad reflexes you can expect him to **** your 4 frames landing.
Nado, Dsmash, pivot grab... Up B isn't even his best option here.
If he's in his shield he can't nado you before you get your shield up. Landing next to MK is usually a bad idea yes but the fact that opponents can be conditioned to react the way you want them to still remains.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
wtf are you talking about?

of course he can nair you if you airdodge to the ground, youre assuming (stupidly) that the mk is going to wait until you actually hit the ground to try and nair you, which leads you to the (incorrect) conclusion that you will hit the ground for your 4 frames of lag, AND THEN he will try his 5 frame nair.

When in actuallity, the frame data here is useless, because the mk is going to PREEMTIVELY nair when he sees you airdodge (because at that point he has no fear of you counter attacking) so that when you do have those few frames of lag, he already has a hitbox there.

Top Bottom